Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

4.4

on 3/21/2012 10:16:00 PM

Great brush for applying cream and highly pigmented blushes, and also for blending. The brush appears to be well made and I haven't noticed any problems with shedding either in use or while washing it.

on 3/20/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, I wanna make an honest review for this, but before I do I want to say that I am no longer buying into the hype of "dupes". With that being said, Let me start off on how tiny this brush is!

When I received the brush I was surprised, because It was just smaller than the website. The brush looked like it was fit for blush (which it is, but I will add on this in a second). Now, the true purpose for this brush was foundation. Does it do a good job? eh, if you like the cakey streaky look. I used it damp with water, primer, and still got the same result. It was passable, but I wasn't happy with the brush. It took way to long to apply my foundation. I had to dampen the brush 5+ times and it was just a hot mess on a few occasions.

If you are on a budget, same your pennies for the MAC 187 brush or something more suited. Like I said the brush it passable, but I got so tired of using it in the week I had it that I just went out and bought the MAC187 brush and so far I like it.

On to the blush part, on cream blushes this is a 9/10. Fantastic! For powder blushes I suggest you lightly dampen the brush. Other than that this brush should be advertised for a blush/highlighter brush, because the way it's manufactured compliments the application.

Foundation 3/10
Cream blush 9/10
Powder blush 7/10
Also, one more this Highlighter: 9.5/10

The best make up investment! It was the first make up brush I purchased and I wasn't disappointed. After a little working into the skin it leaves your skin looking flawless! My make up seems to last 10x longer and I can now do my make up in half the time it would take to apply foundation with my hands.

on 3/19/2012 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love her and this brush. I have this to put on my foundation and it always goes on great.. for ten bucks you really cant beat it. I havent had one hair come out and I've had it for abour four months plus washing. Great brush!

on 3/12/2012 7:15:00 PM

Can not recommend this enough. Changed the way I apply foundation. Please everyone buy one, it's hardly breaking the bank, and see how it can change the look of any foundation on your skin.

on 3/12/2012 6:03:00 PM

I LOVE THIS BRUSH!!

I have never fancied using a brush to apply liquid foundation as I assumed I would end up caked in make up. However, being a fan of Pixiwoo's videos, I was very tempted to try the stippling brush since it made foundation application look so easy. So I bought it and have used it every day since.

Coverage can be built up so there's no need to worry about being caked in make up. My foundation glides on smoothly and the finish looks really natural and even. The brush is so soft and easy to move over the face.

I was scared to wash it but after using baby shampoo and water, leaving it to dry overnight, the brush looked and felt the same the next morning.

The brush is bright pink and stands on your dressing table if you wish.

My only criticism is - there are no washing instructions on the packaging and I had to go the real techniques website to find out about these. I didn't mind as I love make up videos but I can imagine some people not having time for this.

I will continue using my brush and look forward to trying other real techniques brushes in the future.

I was considering purchasing the MAC stippling brush, but this one was so much less expensive. Its excellent. Hasnt shed a single hair. I really like the design, and store it standing up on my makeup table. Also - its pink!

on 3/7/2012 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have tried many brushes in the past but this definitely the best brush I have across. I use it for everything, I apply moisturier, tinted moisturiser, foundation, concealer, cream blush, basically whatever needs applying I use it.

It looks great, not like the usual standard brush and I definitely need to buy a few more!

I know many people don't like the size, the surface area of the brush isn't as wide as some of the others but I prefer it so I can use it with concealer and getting into the nooks and crannies.

Deffo a buy!

on 3/5/2012 11:07:00 AM

I am a big fan of pixiwoo on youtube, Samantha makes applying makeup look so easy and effortless. When she came out with her brushes I was pretty excited about it and bought them right away. All I have to say is putting on moisturizer and foundation with this brush is easy and gives you a great finish. I find my face is smaller than the average person, so I love the size of the brush as well. I find the MAC one to large and cannot get precision work.

on 3/4/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love! I use a MAC 187 to apply foundation real quick all over and use the Real Techniques to blend around the eyes and nose. You can also use this brush to apply all over and it works beautifully. This is like the MAC 130...short bristles but with more dense fibers IMO. Great brush, has not shed at all, easy to clean, has a flat bottom so it stands up on it's own. Lastly, great brush at a great price. Would repurchase.

Popular Makeup Brushes