September 22, 2014 | 2037 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by PhillyMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Hourglass Tinted Moisterizer (LOVE..FULL coverage moisterizer...must try if you don't want the weight of a tradtional liquid foundation) & wanted to see what all the rave was about with this brush. Although I think it is super cute and very soft...I prefer the Sonia Kashuk Stippling Brush much more. I like the stiffness in the SK brush as opposed to the softness of the RT brush. Some may prefer the opposite. Sometimes I feel like the RT brush is just moving the product around on my face instead of blending & buffing it in. The SK brush runs about $13 so they are just a few dollars difference in price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by SpauldingC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush seems to be smaller than a standard size stippling brush but it actually works out to an advantage because it is the perfect size for getting around in the cracks of the nose or the eye areas. I am clumsy and I often poke myself in the eye with the larger stippling brush I own. I realized that I don't seem to have this issue when using the real techniques brush because it is smaller and more precise. I am so glad I went against my initial reservations and purchased this brush. It feels amazing against my skin so I will even use it to apply my moisturizer as it is such a wonderful sensation. Also, when I use this brush I feel the pixiwoo love for their art and it makes me smile. =D Cheers.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by glitzypink

Best. Brush. Ever. When I first discovered Real Techniques, I was calling Ulta constantly to see if they had this brush in stock. I was thrilled when I finally got it. If you can only get one face brush (don't know why you would, maybe lack of space??) this would be the one! Foundation, blush, bronzer, powder, etc... it's a real "all-rounder" as Sam says about her multi-task brush. I personally use this brush to apply liquid foundation and couldn't be happier. It's one of those products that I hope they never stop making because I will want to use it forever! It's really reasonable, cleans beautifully, feels incredibly smooth, and it looks adorable. What more could you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush, and I reach for it daily. I have stopped using my Sigma F-80 since I got this brush. The bristles have more "give" than than Sigma, so it's nicer to buff. I stipple first and then buff. I like that it's small, so you can get into areas like around your nose and eyelids. I have purchased 3 Real techniques brushes so far and I love them all. I also have the Powder brush and the Blush brush. It's easy to clean, too and dries pretty fast.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was attracted to this brush not because of Pixiwoo but because the size of the head and the short tuft for a stipple seems to be more unique for a stipple brush. It's soft and I like it a lot for cream brush . . .

However, the second or third time I washed it, a lot of the darker hairs were pulled out to the level of the white hairs. I have a LOT of stipple brushes in all price ranges, from MAC and Laura Mercier to ELF and Ecotools and none of my stipple brushes ever did that so quickly. Maybe I got a bad lot. Maybe not. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The Real Techniques stippling brush is pretty darn amazing. It's not your average MAC 187 dupe. I bought it for cream blush primarily, as I only rarely wear liquid foundation. I like the diffused look a brush gives to cream blush, as opposed to slapping it on with my fingers and trying to blend evenly, but I find that most 187-shaped brushes don't give me the coverage I want, while most flat-top brushes are too dense to blend out easily.

Why I Dig the Real Techniques Stippling Brush:
-It's the perfect size. I must have a small face. I get really annoyed by brushes that are too large. This one is small enough to apply cream blush with precision, yet not so small that it's tedious to apply foundation with it.

-It's the perfect shape for cream or liquid products. It's not flared out like most skunks (which, admittedly, I prefer for a more diffused look for powder products.) It's a flat-top duofiber. It's just the genius missing link between a flat-top buffing brush and a more flexible skunk brush. Less dense than a flat top brush, more coverage than a generic skunk. And, because the fibers are relatively short, it holds its shape without feeling stiff.

-The fibers are nice and soft--softer than EcoTools and ELF brushes. I like that it's made of Taklon-- I prefer Taklon brushes to natural hair brushes anyway because I have found natural hair irritating in the past, even when the bristles were soft.

-Durable--doesn't shed or lose shape when washed.

-It stands up on its own., At first I couldn't see myself standing my brushes up that often. I suppose I could play ninepins with them. So it really doesn't affect how I store them. HOWEVER, what it is good for is for when you're applying your face stuff, and you get interrupted, and you put your brush down, STANDING UP, and it doesn't just roll off your vanity while you're answering the phone or feeding the cat.

What I Find Pointless:
-I really don't have any blatant dislikes about this brush, but I do find Sam's "color-coded system" a bit pointless. I use a brush for whatever I feel like, and Real Technique brushes are all Taklon, so it's not like the fibers make a difference. Obviously, I'm not going to take off any points for the color of the ferrule.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Yrie

Real Techniques Stippling Brush - 10.99 from LoveMakeup

PROS:
- Soft, synthetic taklon bristles, cruelty free.
- Lovely design, stands up on its end, easy storage, great quality handle.
- Blends foundation easily and evenly, makes makeup application much faster. (Note: I swirl and buff.)
I use this with:
Moisturiser - distributes it easily, buffs it in.
Tinted Moisturiser - very natural finish, makes blending much easier
Liquid Foundation - natural finish, easy blending, love it!
Cream Foundation - smoother application, great finish.
Mineral Powder Foundation - works okay, but Kabuki is better.
Powder Blush - works great!
Cheek Stain - awesome!
Cream Highlighter - brilliant!
- Washes easily.
- Doesn't shed.

CONS:
- works better with liquids/creams than with powders. Doesn't bother me much though, cause I prefer the former to the latter anyway :-)
- I tried stippling with this (not a big fan of stippling in general) and the result was okay, but the bristles were kinda "pokey".

VERDICT:
I only need ONE single brush to do my whole face routine - I use moisturiser, foundation, blush, highlighter one after the other without cleaning the brush in between and it works wonderfully. This makes my morning routine much faster, I don't need to wash as many brushes and the result is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by dscrapbooking

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this brush, I have 5 of them. It is soft and reasonable priced. It is good for foundation, blush, powder. Definetly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by roxxdallas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG! FOR $8.99 I BUY THIS AT ULTA,BEST BRUSH FOR LIQUID FUNDATION AND I LOVE USE THIS BRUSH WITH BENEFIT HIGH BEAM,I HAVE 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'll start off by saying that I do not used this for stippling foundation because the product I use to rather thick and it doesn't work well with it.. So if you use a liquid foundation, it would probably work wonderfully. I use BB cream, and what I use is thicker than most foundations. Anyway, what I DO use this for is bronzer/blush and sometimes for buffing.. and it works very well for that. The quality of all the brushes I've tried through this line are AMAZING. Not only are they pleasing to the eye, they are made w/ quality materials and you can tell it's very sturdy. I have had ZERO shedding. The bristles are SUPER soft and made of synthetic taklon, which means you can use for a vast variety of makeup consistancies. Amazing brushes!!