November 28, 2014 | 1450 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great brush for applying foundation, it has replaced my normal foundation brush. I use EL Double Wear which is quite heavy and this brush does a great job of buffing it into the skin, I find I use less product with this brush too. Application is a lot quicker and I spend less time trying to blend any harsh lines at the jaw. I couldn't ask more from a foundation brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by andrea8267

Excellent Brush!!!!!!

Best stippling brush i have used... Bristles are shorter than on previous ones i have used, therefore not only ideal for stippling but also for buffing in foundation to create a natural flawless finish...

I love this brush so much i have just ordered another as a spare as well as ordering the blush brush and eye shadow brush... if these work as good as the stippling brush then i am in heaven..

Thank god for youtube tutorials and reviews ( this is where i found these magnificant brushes ).. There are plenty of websites that sell them, all at around the same price... Oh yes price is good too, not too cheap, but by no way too expensive either especially compared to some others out there...... not to mention any names

A Definite must have brush if you like a nice natural looking foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This a great brush for taking out the makeup-y look of makeup-it blends edges and everything else so makeup just looks like part of your skin. I love it. I love how it's not hard bristled.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge for years now, but really wanted something a bit softer for foundation application. I also wanted something that gave me that lovely airbushed looked, so I started doing research about foundation brushes.

Many moons ago I used Prescriptives' foundation brush which usually left me with a streaky face that I had to go over with using a sponge (sort of counterproductive, no?), so I was weary of foundation brushes. During my research, I kept reading positive reviews about stippling brushes. I initially was going to get the MAC stippling brush but had some trouble parting with $40+ dollars for a brush. While I know that good brushes usually cost a lot, I just couldn't spend that kind of money on brush I might not like and probably wouldn't be able to return.

After reading the reviews on MUA about the Real Techniques brush and how it is comparable to high end stippling brushes, I headed to Ulta and bought one. I've been using about two weeks now and really like the results. I like the way it applies my foundation and the fact that it makes blending is breeze. I also like that it is soft but not so soft that it accomplishes nothing.

The only downside thus far is that a few strands have fallen out. I suppose that happens with all brushes, so I'm not terribly worried for the moment. For the price, I don't think this brush can be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by vrinda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this pink brush that can stand..I have the Mac 187 brush but I kinda prefer this! It is easy to manoeuvre over the face, around the nose, etc.And most of all price is awesome so those who have been wanting a quality stippling brush and could not afford it can get this for less than $10.Kudos to Sam of Pixiwoo for keeping the price low on such a quality product even though she could actually sell this for more..(not that I am suggesting she do this.:) This brush I guess, is a duplicate of the Mac 130. I do not have the Mac 130 and if I wanted this when it was first released I do not think I need it anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by niacatstudio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like most of the RT brushes (not all of them). The stippling brush is amazing, can't go back to any other foundation brush... Il like it because is reasonably small, reasonably soft and the application turns out natural and flawless....L o v e i t !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by PhillyMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Hourglass Tinted Moisterizer (LOVE..FULL coverage moisterizer...must try if you don't want the weight of a tradtional liquid foundation) & wanted to see what all the rave was about with this brush. Although I think it is super cute and very soft...I prefer the Sonia Kashuk Stippling Brush much more. I like the stiffness in the SK brush as opposed to the softness of the RT brush. Some may prefer the opposite. Sometimes I feel like the RT brush is just moving the product around on my face instead of blending & buffing it in. The SK brush runs about $13 so they are just a few dollars difference in price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by SpauldingC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush seems to be smaller than a standard size stippling brush but it actually works out to an advantage because it is the perfect size for getting around in the cracks of the nose or the eye areas. I am clumsy and I often poke myself in the eye with the larger stippling brush I own. I realized that I don't seem to have this issue when using the real techniques brush because it is smaller and more precise. I am so glad I went against my initial reservations and purchased this brush. It feels amazing against my skin so I will even use it to apply my moisturizer as it is such a wonderful sensation. Also, when I use this brush I feel the pixiwoo love for their art and it makes me smile. =D Cheers.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by glitzypink

Best. Brush. Ever. When I first discovered Real Techniques, I was calling Ulta constantly to see if they had this brush in stock. I was thrilled when I finally got it. If you can only get one face brush (don't know why you would, maybe lack of space??) this would be the one! Foundation, blush, bronzer, powder, etc... it's a real "all-rounder" as Sam says about her multi-task brush. I personally use this brush to apply liquid foundation and couldn't be happier. It's one of those products that I hope they never stop making because I will want to use it forever! It's really reasonable, cleans beautifully, feels incredibly smooth, and it looks adorable. What more could you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush, and I reach for it daily. I have stopped using my Sigma F-80 since I got this brush. The bristles have more "give" than than Sigma, so it's nicer to buff. I stipple first and then buff. I like that it's small, so you can get into areas like around your nose and eyelids. I have purchased 3 Real techniques brushes so far and I love them all. I also have the Powder brush and the Blush brush. It's easy to clean, too and dries pretty fast.