January 26, 2015 | 1073 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this brush. I had been using MAC 187 for liquid foundation. I like the 187, but it sheds terribly, I was always having to check my face for brush hairs. The RT stippling brush doesn't shed at all and is denser than the 187 with shorter bristles, which IMO makes application easier. I also like that it has a base on it, so you can stand it up. Plus it only costs $10 at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by SoCalNanny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT (10/28/12)- I still love RT brushes but this one has started shedding like crazy-on my face, while I'm washing it. I have older MAC brushes and elf brushes and wash them all the same. Hope this one was just a bad batch.
I bought this after reading it on several beauty blogs (I also love watching the Pixiwoo sister on youtube) and love it!! The price is fantastic and I use it to apply my Chanel Makeup base/Bronzer and also my cream blushes. I've tried various brushes: MAC, Sonia Kashuk, Chanel, ELF. This RT is def one of my all time faves!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this to help make my Periconne No foundation give better coverage and use less product. It's BRILLIANT. Make sure you use it via the stippling method and dot it Round your face vs rubbing it in. This wi help you achieve a more HD/airbrushed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by cwetzler

And to think I have been applying liquid foundation without this brush all these years! This brush is not only a good buy but it works better than many more expensive brushes I own. I accidentally ran across a youtube video where this brush was featured and am I happy I bought it. $9.99 and looks just as good after washing as before. Plus zero shedding.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by ruskapunkkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush over 7 months ago and I never really grew into it that much. For stippling the brush is just too damn scratchy and I don't even have that sensitive skin. And if you wanna use the brush like a regular foundation brush you end up with streaks.

What I like about the brush is that the brush part is so short. It makes it stern as some of the bigger stippling brushes can be a bit flimsy. Other than that this brush wasn't any good.

I ended up buying Sigma's F50 duo fibre brush to replace the Real Techniques stippling brush. The F50 has it's own problems (shedding) but other than that it's a fine stippling brush and it costs only couple pounds more.

I hope Samantha Chapman will redesign and relaunch this set as it has so much potential and the concept is great. The excecution just stinks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I recently ordered this stippling brush from Ulta.com after having read so many good reviews about it. I have acne scarring, so the stippling technique just doesn't work well for me. It makes my MAC pro longwear foundation look caked up and streaky. I wouldn't say that I am very happy with this brush because it doesn't do a good job at blending the foundation after stippling it on. I have to use my beauty blender to blend out any streaks on my face left over by the brush. Its not very dense either and IMO it wastes product. I have noticed that 2 pumps of the MAC pro longwear are sufficient for my entire face and neck while applying with the sponge. But with this brush I was using nearly twice...and if I don't blend the foundation into my skin, the foundation will oxidize making it look orangey. So this brush is definitely not for me!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

I used this brush to apply my liquid foundation, and any other cream things (blush, highlighter, etc) and I love it! Especially for foundation because I use less of it and it goes on so much better than a regular foundation brush! Also since the hairs are synthetic I don't have to be concerned about what I'm using to clean them. I love the handle. I own a couple of these and I plan on getting more. There is so much versatility and these RT brushes are great!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I use this brush to apply blush. My blush appears air brushed on my skin. Its soft and lasts when I wash it. Great brush. The only reason I'd buy this brush is for my best friend. I don't think this brush will ever tear up. Great quality

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great brush for applying foundation, it has replaced my normal foundation brush. I use EL Double Wear which is quite heavy and this brush does a great job of buffing it into the skin, I find I use less product with this brush too. Application is a lot quicker and I spend less time trying to blend any harsh lines at the jaw. I couldn't ask more from a foundation brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by andrea8267

Excellent Brush!!!!!!

Best stippling brush i have used... Bristles are shorter than on previous ones i have used, therefore not only ideal for stippling but also for buffing in foundation to create a natural flawless finish...

I love this brush so much i have just ordered another as a spare as well as ordering the blush brush and eye shadow brush... if these work as good as the stippling brush then i am in heaven..

Thank god for youtube tutorials and reviews ( this is where i found these magnificant brushes ).. There are plenty of websites that sell them, all at around the same price... Oh yes price is good too, not too cheap, but by no way too expensive either especially compared to some others out there...... not to mention any names

A Definite must have brush if you like a nice natural looking foundation