October 22, 2014 | 994 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This a great brush for taking out the makeup-y look of makeup-it blends edges and everything else so makeup just looks like part of your skin. I love it. I love how it's not hard bristled.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge for years now, but really wanted something a bit softer for foundation application. I also wanted something that gave me that lovely airbushed looked, so I started doing research about foundation brushes.

Many moons ago I used Prescriptives' foundation brush which usually left me with a streaky face that I had to go over with using a sponge (sort of counterproductive, no?), so I was weary of foundation brushes. During my research, I kept reading positive reviews about stippling brushes. I initially was going to get the MAC stippling brush but had some trouble parting with $40+ dollars for a brush. While I know that good brushes usually cost a lot, I just couldn't spend that kind of money on brush I might not like and probably wouldn't be able to return.

After reading the reviews on MUA about the Real Techniques brush and how it is comparable to high end stippling brushes, I headed to Ulta and bought one. I've been using about two weeks now and really like the results. I like the way it applies my foundation and the fact that it makes blending is breeze. I also like that it is soft but not so soft that it accomplishes nothing.

The only downside thus far is that a few strands have fallen out. I suppose that happens with all brushes, so I'm not terribly worried for the moment. For the price, I don't think this brush can be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by vrinda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this pink brush that can stand..I have the Mac 187 brush but I kinda prefer this! It is easy to manoeuvre over the face, around the nose, etc.And most of all price is awesome so those who have been wanting a quality stippling brush and could not afford it can get this for less than $10.Kudos to Sam of Pixiwoo for keeping the price low on such a quality product even though she could actually sell this for more..(not that I am suggesting she do this.:) This brush I guess, is a duplicate of the Mac 130. I do not have the Mac 130 and if I wanted this when it was first released I do not think I need it anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by niacatstudio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like most of the RT brushes (not all of them). The stippling brush is amazing, can't go back to any other foundation brush... Il like it because is reasonably small, reasonably soft and the application turns out natural and flawless....L o v e i t !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by PhillyMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Hourglass Tinted Moisterizer (LOVE..FULL coverage moisterizer...must try if you don't want the weight of a tradtional liquid foundation) & wanted to see what all the rave was about with this brush. Although I think it is super cute and very soft...I prefer the Sonia Kashuk Stippling Brush much more. I like the stiffness in the SK brush as opposed to the softness of the RT brush. Some may prefer the opposite. Sometimes I feel like the RT brush is just moving the product around on my face instead of blending & buffing it in. The SK brush runs about $13 so they are just a few dollars difference in price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by SpauldingC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush seems to be smaller than a standard size stippling brush but it actually works out to an advantage because it is the perfect size for getting around in the cracks of the nose or the eye areas. I am clumsy and I often poke myself in the eye with the larger stippling brush I own. I realized that I don't seem to have this issue when using the real techniques brush because it is smaller and more precise. I am so glad I went against my initial reservations and purchased this brush. It feels amazing against my skin so I will even use it to apply my moisturizer as it is such a wonderful sensation. Also, when I use this brush I feel the pixiwoo love for their art and it makes me smile. =D Cheers.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by glitzypink

Best. Brush. Ever. When I first discovered Real Techniques, I was calling Ulta constantly to see if they had this brush in stock. I was thrilled when I finally got it. If you can only get one face brush (don't know why you would, maybe lack of space??) this would be the one! Foundation, blush, bronzer, powder, etc... it's a real "all-rounder" as Sam says about her multi-task brush. I personally use this brush to apply liquid foundation and couldn't be happier. It's one of those products that I hope they never stop making because I will want to use it forever! It's really reasonable, cleans beautifully, feels incredibly smooth, and it looks adorable. What more could you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush, and I reach for it daily. I have stopped using my Sigma F-80 since I got this brush. The bristles have more "give" than than Sigma, so it's nicer to buff. I stipple first and then buff. I like that it's small, so you can get into areas like around your nose and eyelids. I have purchased 3 Real techniques brushes so far and I love them all. I also have the Powder brush and the Blush brush. It's easy to clean, too and dries pretty fast.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was attracted to this brush not because of Pixiwoo but because the size of the head and the short tuft for a stipple seems to be more unique for a stipple brush. It's soft and I like it a lot for cream brush . . .

However, the second or third time I washed it, a lot of the darker hairs were pulled out to the level of the white hairs. I have a LOT of stipple brushes in all price ranges, from MAC and Laura Mercier to ELF and Ecotools and none of my stipple brushes ever did that so quickly. Maybe I got a bad lot. Maybe not. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The Real Techniques stippling brush is pretty darn amazing. It's not your average MAC 187 dupe. I bought it for cream blush primarily, as I only rarely wear liquid foundation. I like the diffused look a brush gives to cream blush, as opposed to slapping it on with my fingers and trying to blend evenly, but I find that most 187-shaped brushes don't give me the coverage I want, while most flat-top brushes are too dense to blend out easily.

Why I Dig the Real Techniques Stippling Brush:
-It's the perfect size. I must have a small face. I get really annoyed by brushes that are too large. This one is small enough to apply cream blush with precision, yet not so small that it's tedious to apply foundation with it.

-It's the perfect shape for cream or liquid products. It's not flared out like most skunks (which, admittedly, I prefer for a more diffused look for powder products.) It's a flat-top duofiber. It's just the genius missing link between a flat-top buffing brush and a more flexible skunk brush. Less dense than a flat top brush, more coverage than a generic skunk. And, because the fibers are relatively short, it holds its shape without feeling stiff.

-The fibers are nice and soft--softer than EcoTools and ELF brushes. I like that it's made of Taklon-- I prefer Taklon brushes to natural hair brushes anyway because I have found natural hair irritating in the past, even when the bristles were soft.

-Durable--doesn't shed or lose shape when washed.

-It stands up on its own., At first I couldn't see myself standing my brushes up that often. I suppose I could play ninepins with them. So it really doesn't affect how I store them. HOWEVER, what it is good for is for when you're applying your face stuff, and you get interrupted, and you put your brush down, STANDING UP, and it doesn't just roll off your vanity while you're answering the phone or feeding the cat.

What I Find Pointless:
-I really don't have any blatant dislikes about this brush, but I do find Sam's "color-coded system" a bit pointless. I use a brush for whatever I feel like, and Real Technique brushes are all Taklon, so it's not like the fibers make a difference. Obviously, I'm not going to take off any points for the color of the ferrule.