Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

4.4

on 5/21/2012 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This stippling brush is phenomenal! I use it to apply my liquid foundation, and it does a beautiful job at blending in the foundation onto my skin, and creating an airbrushed finish, every time. Ever since I purchased it a few weeks ago, I haven't put it down. Its become a must-have staple in my makeup regime. I can't rave about it enough!

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I bought this from Boots yesterday for 11.99 after coming across the reviews here. Im so so SO glad i did!!!! I usually use the Mac foundation brush, but was finding my makeup was a bit streaky under my powder. So using this this morning, i adore it. It stipples the foundation (I use Lancome Teint Idole 24h) evenly and smoothly giving ab airbrushed look. I love it. Thats it. Cant say any more :P:!

on 5/7/2012 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Just thought I'd give people with dry skin a heads up, DO NOT use stippling brushes. I bought this trying to get that "airbrushed" look that so many claim stippling brushes give, only to find it roughed up any dry patches on my skin, making whatever foundation I was using stick to the little flakes. At first I thought it was just this brush, but this brush feels like it's really good quality and the bristles are some of the softest I've felt; so after some research, I discovered stippling brushes apparently just aren't a good idea in general for people with dry patches. The bristles cause "micro exfoliation" which can make your dry skin worse over time. Instead, use either a flat foundation brush or something like the Expert Face Brush; and only do downward strokes so the dry patches aren't irritated. I'm still giving this a good rating because the brush is amazing quality for the price, I just thought I needed to get the word out about the dry skin issue.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This might very well be my favorite brush of all time. I'd read only good things about RT brushes and ordered a handful on a complete whim. I purchased this particular one with the intent to use it as a blush brush, especially for my crazy pigmented blushes (Tarte Frisky, you're one of the first I'm looking at!). As a sidenote, I'm an NW15 and when using this stippling brush to apply Frisky, it looks unbelievably natural and flattering! No ridiculous clown face to contend with, and I dare say even the heavy-handed ladies do not necessarily have to apply their highly pigmented blushes with bated breath because as long as you're applying it with this brush, you just can't get it wrong. It picks up just the perfect amount of powder and deposits it on the skin in such an even and airy manner. I absolutely *adore* this brush and would not be able to function the same without it. All the positive attention and praise it has received is completely justified.

on 4/28/2012 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I initially purchased the MAC #130 brush but I had to return it because it kept shedding and it felt pokey on my skin. When I saw the RT Stippling brush I thought it looked like a close dupe to the #130 so I purchased it. I am in love! I think this brush is 100% better then the #130 because it doesn't shed at all, it so soft, it deposits color evenly, and it's so much cheaper! I have most of Sam's brushes because they are very good quality (just like Eco Tools). I use this brush for cream bronzer (ex.Chanel Bronze Universal) and cream blushes (ex. Canmake cream blushes). Love!

on 4/19/2012 8:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I like this with light foundation but not with thicker foundations like a bb cream. With bb cream, i find its harder to spread and would drag my skin. Its a dream with my Boujois healthy mix foundation.

The bristles are synthetic and very soft, quality is very good for its price. I'm overall very impressed.

I hate the wide base though, supposedly its able to stand on table but who does that??? It'll just keep toppling over. Its just a very impractical idea. Can't believe someone else would follow in The Body Shop's footsteps...

on 4/17/2012 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have many other brushes from MAC and Bobbi Brown and also NVEY Eco. I love this brush. It is so soft, dries quickly after being washed, is SO cheap for the quality, and really does a nice job of creating that airbrushed look. Based on this brush, I am planning to buy others in from the collection.

on 4/16/2012 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVEEE! this brush.
I brought a foundation the other week i tried it out it was sooo hard to work with then i purchased this brush OH BOY, that foundation now glides on nicely!.
Just one beautiful brush

GO GET IT NOW!!.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this brush without really thinking about what I would use it for. I started off using it to apply blush, as I tend to have a heavy hand with it so with the very pigmented stuff this is great!
However, I am now using this to apply a blend of Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation and Mac Face and Body, and let me tell you, it is FAB! I don't use a primer as for some reason it accentuates rather than fills in my pores, so I apply the mix with my fingers and then buff, buff, buff with this brush. It really does give an airbrushed finish. I also own the Real Techniques Buff brush (from the Core Collection) and while I love it, I tend to use it for powder application and I don't get such a good finish with such a dense brush.
Washes and dries beautifully as well. Really pleased.

on 3/27/2012 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After trying a couple of other stipple type brushes (ELF Studio Powder and ELF Studio stippling) i did d bit of research and was amazed at the rave reviews for this brush. I took the plunge and ordered and it arrived yesterday. I have used it this morning and wow!!! I am so impressed.

It is a great size - not too small or not too big. It is very easy to move your liquid foundation around your whole face with this and no problems with the nose/eye areas. No caking or no streaking either!!! Bristles are great as well as they are not too soft or not too rough either. You don't need lots of product with this and so no waste! I didn't need to use much foundation at all for medium coverage and think its so great that you are not wasting foundation that you have paid a lot of money for!

I can gather that it could be used for light, medium, and full coverage - you would just need to build up coverage. I think this is a staple brush for anyone who uses liquid foundation - whatever coverage you prefer.

You will seriously not regret getting this brush and for this price you may as well try it.. i am looking forward to using this everyday and so i better get a back up!!!.....

Popular Makeup Brushes