December 20, 2014 | 1165 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by dmd1

I'm always in search of a HG mascara since my beloved Lash Stylist has been discontinued. I have tried them all - HE and drugstore - and this is the best of the lot. It's buildable, and does not clump or flake. I usually dislike rubber brushes b/c they give me spider lashes, but the brush on this is the exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by kjb778

So far, after trying so many mascaras this has been the best. The color is nice and dark (blackest black), brush is easy to use, too much product is not on the wand, stays put, but I will say it is very hard to remove with just soap and water. I have to use an oil to remove it (which is neither bad nor good). I will definitely repurchase this. I have tried so many mascaras and this by far is the best. Gives volume and a bit of length.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HOLY GRAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would make love to this if it were a person.

I love it so much because it gives me a rediculous amount of volume and just the right amount of length. My eyelashes are very long, but tin and I don't have all that many. This actually makes my long lashes a little bit longer and awesome volume. To me, this is a step above the Falsies, expect The Falsies gives more length. Best of all, no clumping!! I recommend this in waterproof though because the original smudges.

If you need more length then volume, go with the Falsies.
If you need more volume than length, go with One by One.

EDIT: As for June 2013, this is no longer my holy grail, so sad to say. And I'm not sure what happened. I loved this more than anything, then tried a whole bunch for a while, was missing it, went back to it and now it's just... natural. Still basically clump free, very smooth, a little more on the voluminous side, but there was just no wow to it like I had before. Maybe I've matured a little into the makeup department or I'm looking for more now? PS-then I was 18, now I'm almost turning 21.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great mascara if you have short lashes that don't curl. I prefer the the falsies over this in waterproof because I need thickness more than length. It is great for definition though. It holds my curl after I curl my stubborn straight downward pointing lashes! =)