April 19, 2014 | 1810 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - 8-pan Palette "Comfort Zone"

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by bananasplitlady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard nothing but good things about this palette, so I had to try it out and every good thing everyone has to say about it is spot on. I've never tried any of the more expensive brands of shadows as I'm a poor college student, but this is so pigmented compared to the other brands that I've tried, such as elf. I really recommend this for anyone who's on a budget but wants a good quality eyeshadow for a cheap price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Browbone (left) pale peach frost

Eyelid (left) copper-penny frost

Crease (left) warm medium-dark golden brown with pearl

Definer (left) dark burgundy copper shimmered brown with subtle red undertones

Browbone (right) pale dirty gray-pewter with a white frosted sheen

Eyelid (right) soft mossy green with a golden sheen

Crease (right) charcoal brown with golden pearl

Definer (right) red-brown frost with teal duochrome

Product - A gorgeous assortment featuring warm nude-browns and cool grey-greens. The colors are much prettier in person. I really like the range from light to dark, which allows for a lot of combinations and play. Great with my coloring (AAB/NC25). Pigmentation and staying power (over an eyeshadow base, anyway) is surprisingly good, and the last two shades I listed are among my favorites.

Packaging - Generously sized, with eight rectangular pans of color and a well for the included dual-ended brush (one sponge tip and one ragged, chubby, slightly flattened angled brush). Clear plastic fliptop cover with black plastic base. Retails for $4.99.

Overall - If not for Temptalia's glowing review, I would have completely overooked this. A great value for this happy owner. continued >>

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by LSUGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this palette of eyeshadows! The colors are fabulous and they ALL coordinate with each other. There are literally 100's of possibilites with this color combination. I do always use my E.L.F. eyeshadow primer (from Target) first in order to insure these colors will be sustainable for a 10 hour stretch. Highly recommend this eyeshadow palette, it's fabUlous. I purchased it from Ulta about 1 month ago. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by michou83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There aren't enough words to explain how much I ADORE this palette. It's beyond affordable, the colors are highly pigmented and SUPER buttery smooth and the colors are all extremely wearable! One of the best purchases I've ever made, as well as one I reach for almost constantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

These eyeshadows are spectacular quality. They are very soft, EXTREMELY pigmented (I wore one without a primer just to test it out, and it stayed on for a very long time, even with me sweating). They have a nice selection of neutral shades, as well as some fun ones for nigh time. The price is great, these are just fabulous. In my opinion, they beat out MAC because the quality is just as good and/or better, and the price you pay for the entire Wet n Wild collection of eyeshadows would be spent on about 3 MAC pots.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Becca8093

For a super cheap drugstore eyeshadow palette...I don't think it gets much better. The colors are very pigmented and they hold up. I will say that I do get a bit of fallout with these shadows, but it's not terrible. I tend to stick to two or three shades at at time. I use the lightest color as a highlighter with a lot of other shadows as well. The definer colors work as liners. I just wet my liner brush a bit and go. Overall, I think even if you only end up using a couple of colors this is totally worth the few bucks it costs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great for drugstore shadow. I really don't like the singles (Nutty, Brule, Kitten), but these shadows are nice. Very pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I do like this palette quite a bit. I find myself only able to use half the colors on a semi-regular basis and that's what bothers me. The palette is a fantastic price and the colors are beautiful, but the packaging is quite large making these shadows hard to store. I've used very little from the right side (green, grey, taupe) and see almost no need to use those shadows personally which is a let down.
I like this and I'm glad I purchased it, but I will probably not purchase again. I'll continue to repurchase my WnW Walking on Eggshells which I use almost every day and is my HG shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by carolLT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am one of the many who have fallen in love with all of these eyeshadows! I haven't quite mastered the crease and definer colors, but the lighter shades are easy to blend and use for even ameaturs like myself. The differing shades work well for my tone(warm, blonde, fair to medium skin), but can see them working for cool and neutral tones as well depending which side you use. I prefer the tan and golden side. The price is unbeatable, I got mine for less than $10 in Walmart. The brush it comes with works okay, I would get a different one but you can easily use your finger.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 More reviews by bubblegumpoo

I no longer lust after the Naked Palette 2 after using this Wet N Wild palette. I've had this for quite a while but kept dismissing it and reaching for my Naked(original) palette for my everyday neutrals and smokey eyes. All the while, continuously debating if I should purchase Naked 2. No need! This palette is amazeballs! The shadows are so creamy, blendable, and pigmented. On top of that, all the shadows are extremely wearable yet still exciting and versatile, giving pretty much the same range as either of the UD Naked palettes(would say it's closer to Naked 2 though, as it has more cool-tones). Seriously, who needs a $50 palette when you can get pretty much the same thing (with less glitter and fall-out) for a fraction of the price?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No