August 27, 2014 | 1729 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by SeasideMel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation for giving nice, medium coverage. In addition it doesn't seem to settle into fine lines. I bought the formula for dry skin. I have to work with it a bit to prevent it from looking cakey, but that could be due to the fact that I'm using a stipple brush which is something I've never used before. If I buff enough, I get a nice airbrushed look. The one thing I don't like about it is it doesn't let your skin breathe. It's an odd feeling which I've never experienced with any other foundation. (I haven't used that many.) Overall, I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Cbizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is a staple in my makeup routine. I've bought it countless times. I buy the lightest shade and it blends perfectly with my skin color. It stays in place all day and it doesn't cause breakouts or clog pores. I've tried a lot of foundations, including Clinique's version of long-wear foundation, and this tops them all. I highly recommend it for those who struggle with oily skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Grace319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. And this makes my face really itchy and got runny nose when using it and also make my eyes teary. And it's really expensive! -____________-

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got the colour 350 Rich Tan and it matched my skin perfectly. I bought it it the middle of the summer, so for reference, at that time I am around a nc40. I quite liked it. It stayed on well through all day use. It stayed. On from getting up at 4 in the morning to taking it off at 12 at night on competition days. It's oil combating abilities are lacking, but I have severely oily skin so it might not be so for everyone. It gives a medium-full coverage and works best when you use your fingers to blend it into the skin. All in all, a pretty good foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

- the color is way off, bad color range
    - doesn't let skin breathe
    - no pump, messy

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by ktmacup

I don't know if I would buy this again. I wore it out one night.... and it stayed. I had to scrub like crazy to get it off after about 8 hours of wear. Buuuuut. I felt it looked to cakey. I know that with it being for oily skin that is probably intentional but by skin is no oily when I put the make up on. It gets oily after say 2 or 3 hours. I bought shade 220 and it was to a little to light but did not look bad at all after I put bronzer on in an 'E 3'. Again I say, however, I looked like a ghost in picture. Scary. There were grudge jokes.... So I would not wear again if I am going to be photographed.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by laurenbtr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

It works fine, but the packaging makes it either unsanitary or very messy to use. It's just a bottle and too liquid-y to pour onto the back of your hand. I feel like it smells funny too, like chemicals or something. I know it's not age because it's pretty new.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by nycshopgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didn't really like it. Maybe the shade was off but it did seem to match my skin ok when I looked in the mirror, but when I took photos with a flash I always had a white cast all over my face which didn't match my neck at all. Made it really obvious that I was wearing thick foundation. I ended going back to L'oreal True Match which matches my yellow/olive complexion perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by eurasian88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this foundation for the past 8 years & it's absolutely amazing! I've tried other foundations (both drugstore & high-end foundations) throughout the years & I have yet to find something that comes close to this foundation. It's easy to apply, there's such a large selection of skin tones to choose from (also offers dry skin or combination/oily), plus it's super cheap (used to be $14 & I've been seeing it sold for about $9 in the past year). It has great coverage without being cakey (most people can't even tell that I'm wearing any foundation because of how natural it looks!). The only reason I gave it a 4 for packaging was because I prefer dispensers. I'm obsessed with it & would probably die if I were to hear that it was ever discontinued. Revlon Colorstay Foundation fo lifeee <3

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ImogensMakeupReviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

What is the big deal about this foundation!!???!!?? I have even heard people compare it to M.a.c!? Ehhh no! It was so terrible even with primer on! I was so angry that I spent €18 on it aswell! Doesn't cover redness from spots or red cheeks! Really thick and gloopy application with or without a foundation brush! I urge people to try something else and If you are buying it because you think it compares to Mac don't! It doesn't compare to the high end brand in any shape or form!