August 23, 2014 | 1922 users online

Concealers - Collection 2000 - Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by wellardo

This concealer is actually amazing. I suffer from blemishes, dark circles and acne scarring, and this concealer covers everything very well. It didn't cause my acne to flair up at all, although it did fade after a few hours. Fortunately, it's small enough and blends well enough that I can keep it in my bag and touch it up if necessary. Just a really good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really into this concealer and it was my go to for a while. Then sadly I read the ingredients list properly and realised it had cyclopentasiloxane in it which always upsets my skin. So sadly I've had to give this away and start the hunt for something else. Price and wearability wise this couldn't be beaten. Bloomin cyclops:(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by prinny076

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Just a bit of background- I have combination skin, dry cheeks, oily nose and forehead. I am prone to large painful blemishes on my chin, occasional congestion on my forehead, and flakiness on my cheeks, though all of this is pretty easily covered.

Just to get a few practical gripes out of the way first- I think the packaging could be better. When you screw the lid closed a line of concealer appears around the seal, which can make quite a mess. I also find doe foot applicators a little unhygienic when it comes to concealer, as the temptation is to pop the product directly onto your skin/under eyes/blemishes and blend away. This will spread germs around your face, so avoid this manner of application! I just swipe the product on the back of my hand and work from there.

Another issue is the colour selection (not for me as I'm quite pale) for those with darker complexions. I feel the range of colours is just not broad enough.

Anyway, onto the actual product itself!

I want to stress firstly that you have to know how to get the best out of this concealer. It is a great, inexpensive product for those who want good coverage, but like many concealers, it does have its limitations. However, hopefully these tips will help you to see how wonderful this concealer is when used to its strongest points.

So, the first thing I'd say is that if you have dry patches like me, exfoliate/moisturise those bad boys until the cows come home! (Well not quite as emphatically as that or you risk damaging your skin!) But seriously, it is essential that you prep your face properly before applying this concealer. The smoother your skin, the longer this will last on it, so get red of any flakiness you have or risk seeing it set on, and emphasise, your dry spots.
Secondly, if you intend to use this in the eye area, again, proper moisturisation is key. This is one of the product's strongest aspects for me, as it is fabulous on dark circles and as a base for eyeshadow. It also does not settle into lines, or crease over time. I tend use my fourth finger to gently press the concealer into my under eye area and eyelids. Make sure you get right into the corners of your eye and under the browbone too, as this is fabulous at highlighting those areas to give wide awake eyes!
Probably the most important part of a concealer is how it looks on blemishes. Honestly, this is great. I'll reiterate that you have to accept its limitations, because it cannot cover protrudent spots (though what concealer can!?) but notice that it will cover post blemish redness, scars and discolouration easily. I get a bit of product on my little finger, and pat it over the area. If I need more coverage, I simply conceal any other areas whilst it dries, go back to the blemish and repeat the process. The coverage is not affected by oiliness or weather, so it really stays true to its name here! (Having said that, I don't have the oiliest skin, so I can't speak for its durability on acne prone or very oily skin) It is however, buildable should you want to touch up throughout the day.
My final pointer is to work quickly with this product, because once it sets, it SETS. Occasionally I have actually had to get more out of the tube because I just haven't applied this quickly enough and it has dried on my hand. If it does this, wipe your hand as quickly as possible or you'll have an unsightly concealer mark on there! (This isn't really an issue with the product though, because if it's going to last that long on my hand, it's definitely going to last on my face!)

So, it can take some time to get the application right, but once you do, this concealer works wonders. Having said that, you might have wonderful skin that doesn't require my methods, but for those of you who do have trickier skin, I hope my tips will work for you too! I must also add that despite needing these nuances of application, they still don't warrant me giving LPC any lower than a 4 lippie rating. The longevity and durability of this concealer simply outweighs any 'bad' points. It is also astoundingly affordable- you can get two shades for under a tenner and mix them to get your perfect colour!

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer is a great product that, while having its drawbacks, is so cheap and effective you can't help but love it anyway!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by xLivingDeadGirlx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm in love with this product! It's the only concealer I've found that covers my under eye circles perfectly and it also helps cover the odd red blemish. I use the lightest shade (Fair) which is perfect for my pale skin - most other concealers are too dark or too yellow. It has a creamy consistency and isn't too thick or 'sticky' as some liquid concealers can be. The only negative is that the print on the packaging rubs off far too easily, but it's a small price to pay for such a great item!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by fallen46

I love this concealer! My only complaint is that it isn't sold in Canada and the ebay user that I bought my tube from isn't there anymore.. Bummer! Really nice coverage but doesn't look cakey and hides redness really good. The color I got was a bit darker than expected but I can still use it for when I'm a bit more tanned. I hope I can find this elsewhere online!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by PassionForBeauty123

At the age of 13 Collection2000 was always a brand I would reach for simply because it was cheap and affordable. This concealer was the first one I had ever bought and I did get the shade slightly wrong (oops!) however I did try it on just at home and the coverage was so good for the price! I just had to go back and get the right shade! It is sold at around about 4-5 which is very cheap for a concealer. I would recommend this is to anyone and not just cashstrapped teenagers like me :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Definitely my favourite concealer from the high street, at a cheerful price and for keeping my under eyes concealed from the sheer horror of my horrendous dark circles, it's definitely a concealer to rave about!. However, I do wish there was a wider colour range, the colour '4 Deep' mixed with a tad bit of my colour foundation will just have to do for my NC45 skin tone, but it does a great job at brightening my under eye. My staple concealers include MAC Studio Finish and Pro Longwear, but they're gonna have to stay a while in the back burner as Collection 2000 has won me over! It doesn't crease/settle in my fine lines, gives sufficient coverage and lasts all day, what more could you ask for!? will 100% recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by frckls

I am around NC30/Tarte SO TM Agent 010/NARS TM 'Alaska'. I got this in Medium. My skin is combination-oily as it tends to get a wee shiny on the T-zone. I have leftover reddish acne marks on both my cheeks and chin, and dark circles.

I have to say I LOVE this stuff. This applies really opaque and has full coverage. Despite that, this is not cakey at all. Sometimes a bit flakey under the eyes if I don't moisturize and even it out well.

For undereyes, I apply under TM/foundie. For acnemarks, I apply on top of TM/foundie. If I contour my face (thus setting the concealer on the cheeks), this stays the whole day. If not, I at least get a good 8-hours staying power out of it, maybe more.

I think it can even be worn alone, as long as set out with transluscent powder. My skintone isn't that good to do that, tho.

Will DEFINITELY repurchase!!

====UPDATE====
After a while, I find this way too opaque and too heavy coverage for my taste. It also gives off white cast on my skin and undereyes, especially since I am now more to NC35 in shade. I find my Lucy Minerals to be best to conceal although the packaging is not as handy. I don't even think to try the Dark shade. Swapping this off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by darkcrystal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a frequent visitor of MUA but this is the first time i have ever loved something so much that i felt the need to write a review!
I have paper white skin which means every imperfection shows up on my face. My biggest problem is that my skin is translucent, so my under eye area is always very blue and NOTHING (laura mercier, bobbi brown, mac ect.) has managed to have a noticable difference and usually just highlights the problem making my eyes look a mess.
I heard rave reviews for this and at 4 thought i had nothing to lose. I got this in the lightest shade which is only a touch darker than my skin and ofcourse it didn't completely cover my dark circles (that would take a miracle) but it did neutralise the blue under my eyes and really illuminate/brighten my eye area. i couldn't believe it! very very happy and i've never been one to care about packaging!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Nikkicheri

I ordered this concealer off ebay because after all the great reviews I was dying to try it. It is my perfect shade and it does wonders for my dark circles :) It lasts longer than any other concealer I have used in the past. I will def buy thing again, wish it was available in the states.