October 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 7/3/13 I retract anything negative I said about this foundation. I'm an avid "I bought it so I will use it up" makeup junkie, if a product doesn't destroy my skin I will use it until its gone even if I'm not in love with it. After switching my setting powder to MAC Mineralize Skin Finish, which is now my HG powder of all time, it was a game changer for the Pro Longwear. Apparently this foundation didn't play well with my old powder and now I absolutely LOVE this foundation and will repurchase. On days when I want a full face of makeup, this is the best combo I've ever tried. Not only is the coverage flawless, the texture and staying power are amazing. I do have to blot midway thru the day, but my oily skin does not break it down, it never looks blotchy and never becomes cakey. There is something to be said about the way products of the same brand work together and compliment each other. I recommend this combo to anyone with oily aging skin as it works better than any other 2 products together that I've ever tried.

After trying the Studio fix Fluid and having issues with it breaking me out, I purchased this foundation believing it would mimic Revlon Colorstay. Applied well, set to a nice matte finish, color ran a bit darker than the Stufiofix in NC35, all was great until about midway thru the day. This foundation does not hold up on my oily skin as well as colorstay. I used the same setting powder and the Pro Long Wear broke down and became blotchy. It did not break me out and when I am only wearing makeup for a few hours I can ear this to use up the bottle but sadly, its another MAC foundation that didn't work for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by heatpaz

OMG I love this! I never had acne until these past 3 years when I started college , work , and I started to stress a lot. I've tried so many foundations , from drugstore to high end ..you name it! And they would all make me break out . It got to the point where the sides of my face were filled with acne & it would hurt. Pro long wear has made my acne go away & has also made my scars fade. :))) I LOVE macs pro long wear. It stays on all day and I don't need to touch up my makeup. I set it with the MAC mineralized skin finish. I use a home made setting spray and I'm good to go! I have combination skin, oily on my cheeks and dry underneath my eyes. This controls it. Also, I've been using this foundation for 2 months (yes that short of a time and it's helped a lot! ) and I noticed that it works better if you use a thick face moisturizer (I use the Cetaphil moisturizer ) this makes it glide on like butter. The coverage is medium but build-able. I will definitely be using this for a VERY LONG TIME! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by QueenofHeartsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best long-wearing foundation i've found. The best way to apply it is with a damp sponge then letting the foundation air dry for a few minutes before going ahead and applying the rest of your makeup. DON'T be tempted to set this with a powder - just be patient and let it dry by itself. It'll last all day and then some.

I like this better than Makeup Atelier's waterproof foundation because, even though the price tag is just a tad steeper, the shade range suits me a lot more. Atelier shades, even the FLWYs, are just too neutral for my olive skin. Perhaps that's a foundation you would want to consider if you find MAC shades too yellow for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by longbeach

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. It evens out my skin tone and gives a flawless finish. It stays put pretty well. I've been wearing this daily for about a year. Occasionally I'll try something new, but for me, nothing is as good as this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by WenChriste2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd give MAC a try. I'm 46 and was willing to spend extra in hopes it would work magic... After all I was handing the company an arm and leg.
Althought its full coverage, they sold me a foundation that, in my humble opinion, was not any better than my drug store Revlon and for boo-koo bucks more. In fact, I like how Revlon, it covers better and without the 2 brushes they suggested priced in essence of over $60 total.
Needless to say, if its possible I'm returning it.
I was disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this foundation for my skin type. I have a very oily skin type and this was recommended to me by the sales associate. It does hold up for a long time, longer than other brands, but doesn't last longer than 8 hours on me. Still, thats an improvement. It also tends to crease up around the nose and mouth at the end of the day. I have no idea why MAC foundations do that. I use a primer and don't deal with that issue as much as other higher end brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by tst0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been on a hunt for a new foundation, because I've been looking kind of pale due to the winter months. Prior to this, I purchased a Smashbox's Studio Skin in 2.4 (which I will probably right another separate review about). While Studio Skin worked fine enough, I wasn't really satisfied with the coverage. I have used many different MAC foundations in the past, and I am typically satisfied but always upgrading to new ones. So far this foundation is my favorite of their foundation line! I applied this foundation with a beauty blender sponge, and it applied wonderfully. It's super smooth and feels great on my skin. It is indeed a long wear blush, so it is a little thicker than other liquid foundations - which is fine bc I can use a lot less product and get the same/better results. The MAC artist informed me that this foundation is SPF 2? Which I thought was a weird random number. I looked up the foundation online and it seems like the real SPF is 10 - this isn't labeled anywhere on the packaging though. Regardless, I was looking for a foundation that had less SPF in it, bc Smashbox has been megiving issues with the white cast aka ghost face from camera flashes. I set this foundation with MAC's Mineralized SkinFinish in Medium Dark - and I have had no problems with the white cast. I am very satisfied with this foundation:)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by bobbysoxxer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation because I was sick of my make-up fading in a couple of hours. MAC Pro Longwear definitely lives up to its name: it lasts for hours, plus it evens out my skintone beautifully. The packaging looks nice and is easy to use, but does get dirty easily so I keep it in the box. It takes a long time to blend and it's impossible to do without a good quality brush. I also find that it highlights my dry patches a lot, around my cheeks and nose, which makes my face look cakey. That said, because of its staying power and the fact that it hides my redness, I would probably buy it again.

Edit: I recently started exfoliating my face and there is a big difference between the way this foundation looks now compared to before. It now looks very even and natural. So if you have dry/combination skin and want to use this, get a facial scrub!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loooooooove this foundation. I have been on the hunt for a really good foundation for a long time. The thing that really makes this awsome is how longwearing it it which is something i always look for in a foundation. I lasts all day, barely any transfer, and no blotchy patches where it wears off. I have tried revlon colorstay but i was greatly disappointed by it since it ddid not give as much coverage, and broke me out a little, and there arent enough yellow undertoned shades (24 hour formula)

ok back to prolongwear now. The coverage is muedium but buildable to full. My skin has been getting a lot better so i do not need as much coverage. It dries fast which is actually a good thing in my opinion because i like get done with it as fast as i can. The finish is matte and natural looking. It doesn't look cakey AT ALL and it looks great all day. I don't get oily on my chin or forhead and just a tinly bit of oil shows up on my nose since it gets so oily

People with normal to oily skin will benfit from this foundation. Dry skin girls really have to moisturize well before using it. I love this foundation and it was worth every penny

EDIT: 10/5/13
Had to take off a lippe because I realized that the color does not match as well as i thought it did. I have medium-dark, tanish yellow skin (the best i can describe it.) My skin has very very strong yellow undertones (i don't have jaundice though....) and many warm toned foundations have yellow and reddish pigment in it, making it look orange on me. I used NC-45 and i find that i have this problem with Studio Fix. I love the formulas of both foundations but i can't wear them alone because the color is off. I like to mix pro longwear with sheer glow. I get a nice blendable formula, great shade match, and i get the long wearing formula of pro longwear and natural glow from Sheer glow. PERECT

EDIT:1/2/14
So I still have the issue with this being a little less yellow than I need it to be, but another porblem is that this looks AWFUL in flash photography. it gives a very strong white cast when flash is used (more so whne you use flash in a room thats a bit dim) Looks nice in sunlight, but I wouldn't dare use this foundation on a night out when you are bound to take photos

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by daniellemr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved this product when I first bought it, but after awhile i noticed how yellow it was! I'm an NC30 so I knew it was going to have some cool tones to it but it was just too yellow. The people at the counter assured me that this foundation was a god send for people with very oil skin, and that is just not the case. I have extremely oily skin. 20 min to an hour with powder and my face is already melting off. Having oily skin and having the foundation be too yellow equals a whole lot of oxidation. Four hours in and it looks like I've had a brutal fight with a spray tan. For the price of $30 + I expected a lot more. The only reason im giving it a 2 is because if i take the extra time to mess with the foundation its semi decent, also the foundation is build-able. So If I'm going out for a quick dinner with friends I'll put this on without having to worry about it, but if I need a foundation that will last all day I'll skip over this foundation, and just use my much cheaper revlon colorstay.