August 1, 2014 | 1932 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by kaejlarh92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: NC18 in MAC (No tan) & N3 in L'Oreal True Match (Tan)

I haven't owned this product for very long. I also haven't used it much due to it being summer over here in Australia & I got matched when I didn't have a bit of a tan. I will update as I use it more often, but for now, this is what I think of it so far.

I was matched to the shade NC18 after being originally matched to a NW25 months before. All I can say is, how can you stuff that up? I mean it looked okay when she put it on, but clearly not the same way I would put foundation on (Sigma Flat Top). Since I live about an hour & a half away from my nearest counter, I never had time to make the trip to exchange it, so I gave it to my sister for when she fake tans. Once I did go back & got matched correctly, I was very hesitant about trying MAC foundations again as I would have a slight rash appear after a few hours with Studio Fix Fluid. But after she put it on, I wandered around for a bit & I went right back & bought it. No reaction, perfect color match under the store lights & out & beautiful coverage. Couldn't be more happier!

Skintone of face: Neutral/Cool undertones (More neutral)
Skintone of body: Neutral/Yellow undertones
When I get more colour during the summer, the yellow tones in my skin come out more. It's really frustrating trying to find a colour match for my face without help!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

I really like this foundation. It last a really long time on my face. I love that it has a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

I put Olay Active Hydrating moisturizer on before, then this. It didn't sink into creases so I can apply it under the eyes and on eyelids okay, is liquidy and thus easy to apply but dries fast, doesn't rub off onto clothes or tissue when I blow my nose, dries rather matte not shiny. It does look a tad orangey. Coverage is medium. I used the prolongwear concealer over top. It looks pretty good on first application 'cept for the slight oxidation. I'll see how it holds up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by reviewsreviews1991

This foundation is a godsend for those who need a long lasting foundation that stays put, looking as good at the end of the day as application. Just a light layer keeps my skin looking flawless all day long. This foundation is perfect for my oily skin which requires a strong foundation to ensure my face stays matte and oil free all day, I had high hopes when buying this product and I havent been disapointed. The plus side of this foundation is the pump which unlike studio fix fluid by MAC comes as standard. Advice for those considering this foundation do not buy if you do not want to use your hands, I have found that no matter how hard I try a brush is useless for working this thick foundation into your skin, only using hands works.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Roes797

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this foundation! I have combination acne prone skin. My T-zone is VERY OILY, and I've tried many fondations, drugstore and highend such as Revlon Colorstay, Vichy Normablend, Mac Mineral foundation, maybelline superstay, Nuskin's tinted moisturizer,lancome teint idole, dior capture totale..................... and the list goes on... But this foundation is the foundation that stays on my face for the WHOLE day. from 6AM, during school, afterschool and back at home at about 8PM. The only place it came off was my nose area. But overall, everything had stayed on. I love the pump packaging, and it is quite pricey at $36.50CAD. The coverage is very nice aswell. It covers up my minor hyperpigmentation and pimples, but the concealer is definately need for full coverage. Another great thing is that it is water proof. I wore to wonderland on a day with heavy rainfall and it stayed very nicely. It is easy to apply. Although this is pricey, I would definately repurchase! I would recommend this to whoever has combination -oily skin and has minor flaws to cover.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by huhjenni

The girl in the counter told me that this would work pretty well with my dry skin. To a certain extent, it does if I moisturize my face with a heavy duty moisturizer. But overall, I don't like it because it accentuates my dry skin when applied, by emphasizing my dry patches. I think this is more for normal to oily skins. Not dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ninalailaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So after ages of contemplating this product i finally went and bought it, and i guess i kinda have mixed feelings about it.
First of all, the packaging it nice and simple, glass bottle and a lockable pump which is great.
Second, I wear the shade NW35 and the colour-matching is pretty good for my olive undertones. I find it almost impossible to find a foundation that doesn't look too yellow on me. Now I have veryyy oily skin, especially on and around my nose, forehead, a little on my chin and eyelids, needless to say most foundations don't last long and my skin ends up looking absolutely horrible at the end of the day. MPL was pretty good, stayed on for a bit but like most foundations didn't hold up too much. Probably the best foundation I've used so far but I did have a problem or two with it. Thankfully it didn't break me out or anything since I also have very acne-prone skin, but I found that it did dry my face out ALOT. And yes it sounds weird having oily skin and dry at the same time but that is what it was. My face just looked really dry and cakey, as well as the fact it didn't say on THAT well. Usually wore off after about 4-5 hours, depending on weather and what i do in the day.
It is quite pricey for the quality i guess and i doubt i'll be buying this again.
I should also mention that the coverage is enough to even out skintone but is from very light-medium for me.
It's a pretty decent foundation, better than most drugstore that i've tried, but maybe not worth the price and definitely won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese yellow & red undertones from acne, uneven skin.

CONCLUSIONS: FACE & BODY C2 IS LIGHTER THAN PRO NC25 WHICH IS LESS ORANGE THAN STUDIO FIX NC25.

I tried Pro NC25 since dimethicone was farther down the list (Studio Fix immediately broke me out upon revisiting, man I wished I figured this out in college since I wore it for years). I find this can be heavy and drying, so I wear a moisturizing sunscreen (instead of the milky Japanese style ones) or mix in moisturizer. Because it's lighter than Studio Fix (but thankfully also less orange), I add in a TOUCH of Face & Body C3. This is also great b/c F&B is watery, so it helps to lighten up the texture of Pro.

Thus far, out of the million foundation matches listed on my notepad, my favorite combo is Pro NC25 with a touch of F&B C3 over a moisturizing sunscreen base (even CeraVe SPF30, which is normally shine city under thinner foundations work!)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by MaudyMac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and I am really disappointed in this foundation! When I try to blend this product in specific areas like the tip of my nose or my upper lip, it starts to disappear in some patches and congeal in others. Don't like this product at all!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by NouraElhuzayel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I'm not a foundation wearer due to how it feels on my skin but with this foundation, even by the end of the day, I don't feel anything and it looks just as beautiful as it did when I put it on. Long wear? DEF! Flawless finish and it doesn't look cakey at all. It goes on very smooth with a primer; without a primer it's not as smooth. Overall, I LOVE IT! I would repurchase with no doubt.