MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 7/30/2013 12:29:00 AM

Didn't really care for this foundation. I didn't like how it looked nor the feeling of it on my skin. This might work if you want a full coverage, but for me I don't like the heavy makeup feeling. I switched to Estée Lauder Double Wear line and loving it!

on 7/25/2013 11:23:00 PM

I wish I could really truly love this product...but I can't. Although it lives up to its name in the "long wear" department, it definitely did not work with my skin. I'm having some pretty bad acne problems right now...crazy because I rarely breakout if anything once - every two months. And it's one small tiny pimple. Right now I have pimples every where on my left cheek, fore head, and one on my chin...wtf!?!? First time I've ever reacted badly to any facial products. I'm usually really good, and my skin doesn't react at all, so this is just surprising and sad. I wouldn't recommend this to well anyone, although it gives you the coverage and the does last awhile, I'm sure with the right primer anything will work better this. Its so painful that i've even stocked up on acne facial cleansers. Sighs...oh Mac, I wish we could've worked out ...but oh how I loathe you and your harsh foundation!!!! Terrible.

on 7/23/2013 3:59:00 PM

I usually buy the studio fix foundation, but I heard good reviews bout this one. Considering its a long wear foundation, I thought it'd be a good buy since i love my makeup to stay on for long hours. anyway I have very dry skin, so I usually moisturize my face before putting on this foundation, but it still left dry patches and looked a bit cakey even when I applied very little. A bit disappointed, Cus this foundation isn't one for me. But I'm sure it works great for other people. I will be going back to the studio fix. Love Mac but this didn't work for me :(

on 7/16/2013 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've been using this for over 2 years now, I really like it. It lasts for a long time, tested it several times in >35°C temperatures, it stays put. At the end of the day my skin does look oilier than in the morning, but I can still get away without blotting or powdering. I do not use any powder with foundation, I don't feel the need.
I find it kind of tricky to get it on perfectly. It dries fast, so I work it in to my skin in smaller areas. On me it looks best about 1 hour after application. Sometimes I use my fingers, or a buffing or foundation brush - but strictly a super clean one.
It's hard to take it off completely, takes a lot of time, and quite impossible to get it out the makeup brush. I use NC15-20.
Overall I think this is a really great product. Does not transfer on clothes at all.

on 7/13/2013 8:34:00 PM

I have dry skin and this foundation surprisingly applies really nicely on my skin. First I put it on with my fingers to warm up the product, and then I blend and pat it in with a beauty blender. I get a near flawless finish. Not too matte looking and definitely not dewy, I'd say it has more of a satin/slightly matte finish.
HOWEVER, I am very very fair and the lightest shade, NC15, is basically orange on me. If this was lighter I would probably repurchase. I am NC15 in all MAC foundations and I've never had any issues. For some reason NC15 in prolongwear runs darker. SUCH a bummer. However I am not into the pumpkin look haha. I even tried mixing it with a much lighter foundation but it ruined the finish and the orange color still showed through, very odd.

Also, after about 5 hours this foundation starts to look kind of dry and cakey, probably because it is so longwearing, the stuff does not budge. It's really only noticable if you are right in front of my face though. I'd say this is better for more oily skin types, even though it applies easily, on my dry skin it ends up looking cracked and very dry after a few hours. For dry skinned girls, there are much better options out there.

on 7/13/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried many different types of foundation over the past few years, and have found this to be the most effective. There is an excellent array of shade choices in both warm and cool undertones, so you should be able to find the perfect shade for your skin. Coverage is medium and a bit sheer, but buildable. However, the foundation dries very quickly, so it can become cakey if not smoothed out right away. I learned that a damp sponge works best to apply this product; it helps to evenly distribute the product, dilute it a bit and make it more sheer (it can become somewhat paint-like if not diluted first), and smooth down any dead skin cells that caught the foundation during application ( which can cause cakiness as well). My method of application consists of distributing the product on my face in downward strokes using a damp sponge, and then tapping the sponge all over to erase any lines of demarcation. A little bit of the product goes a long way, so the price point is good. Also, this foundation will not budge throughout the day; it may become a bit cakey after several hours of wear, but you really only notice it up close. Overall, great medium sheer buildable coverage, great choice of shades, and excellent staying power.

on 7/8/2013 12:52:00 AM

A great foundation for oily skin!!! It's a great foundation it lasts a long time but it does oxidize really quickly. And when it does it will get super dark!! But that's the only down side about this foundation.

on 7/3/2013 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this foundation, I really did. After years of hearing about how great MAC makeup is, I decided to head over to the MAC counter at my local Dillard's and pick up a bottle for myself. I told the saleslady that I needed something that would provide coverage for my (at the time) mild hyperpigmentation, would stay in place, and would be able to stand up to my oily skin. She recommended Pro Longwear in NC25 and after seeing the results from the mini makeover she provided, I was sold. So I braced my wallet for the hit and bought a bottle- and have regretted it ever since. Now don't get me wrong, the foundation provides amazing coverage and definitely has staying power. However, it also caused my face to break out BIG TIME. After using the foundation for about a week and a half, I noticed that I had some acne and whiteheads breaking out. I've suffered from light to moderate acne ever since I was 12, so I figured this was just another flare up. WRONG. After another week of using this foundation, I'm suffering from the WORST flare up I have ever had. My usual OTC acne cream does nothing. The entire bottom half of my face is covered with pimples and whiteheads. It's gotten so bad that I put on a tinted moisturizer even when I'm just staying home simply because I can't stand looking in the mirror and seeing it all uncovered. Nothing else has changed about my skincare/ makeup routine, just the foundation. I've stopped using it, and have had to start taking prescription medication to help deal with the breakout. I'm so disappointed- I absolutely love the coverage this foundation provided and I still have over half a bottle left. I might save it for special occasions, but I can't and won't be using it for everyday use.

on 6/27/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this foundation Oh So Much. If you like dewy foundations, get this. At first I wasnt a 100% fan because this was the 1st real foundation I ever use. Since I have oily skin, i wanted something with a matte finish vs a dewy finish. But then i grew to love it. My color NW45 is perfect for me. The coverage is medium & buildible to full coverage. The only thing I dont like is that its DUMB expensive! Currently I'm using Revlon Colorstay which is good for my oily skin but as soon as I get the $$ I will be repurchasing this!!!

EDIT: I hate it. Finally I got the money tl purchase another but its not the same as before. It honestly seems like they changed the color of nw45. Its like a pinkish undertone now. Before, it was just a little bit darker than my skin tone now I look ashy w/ it -_- I also realized I DONT like dewy, I like matte especially the days I need my makeup to stay on ALL day. It also comes out looking bad when I take pictures woth the flash on! Never cute! Never will I repurchase. AND its priceyyy...Sorry but I shall be getting my $33 back.

on 6/26/2013 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this about a month ago., It is the first MAC foundation I ever purchased and I like it. Im a NW45 and the color match is on point for me. Its a bendable , not heavy .Coverage is medium and I like how it gives me a natural finish. My only thing with this foundation is that it is sticky. Its like I can feel the stickiness to it or something, cant really explain it. But otherwise a good foundation for everyday use.