September 23, 2014 | 949 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Shawshank94

Well, i have tried possibly every 'cheaper' foundation available in Australia, and this is one of my favourites.
I have combination/oily skin, and normally, i stay in the safe zone, with my Revlon Colorstay, but doing my final year in school means i can't afford to spend much on foundation, so while i was out on the hunt, i came across this foundation, and decided, after looking on this site, that i would give it a go, and i found it to be wonderful.
I've been wearing it for a while now, and it doesn't break me out, it provides excellent coverage over my pesty spots and blemishes, lasts all day, from when i get up to when i go to bed, and today i was out in the boiling heat for most of the day, got back, and it hadn't moved!
Not even as i sweated like a cooked spud! so i was impressed.

I gave the foundation a 4 because of it's limited colour range, i went with the ivory, slightly worried that it would be clearly pink based when i need yellow based, but when i applied it and let it sit for a bit, it didn't look pink at all, it's a perfect match! so that was a relief! but i'm still not impressed by the limited colour range.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by kelluhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation today as I was sick of my maybelline superstay, it just wasn't doing what it used to do for me. and would get really pink after half an hour.

after reading reviews, i decided to buy this in 100 ivory (because im just, white). 90% of the time, foundations i buy will not be good on my skin. buuuuut this stuff is so good.

I usually tone my face, moisturise, then put primer on, then yellow eye concealer. i also have seborrheic dermatitis (like, skin flaking) on my nose, which every foundation makes it stand out. although i just started re-using my cream for it, this foundation made my nose look perfect. Rimmel has always been a really good brand, I think i need to buy more of their products.

This foundation literally looks like skin on my face which is amazing. People say revlon colorstay is better ? Colorstay is the worst foundation I have ever used. Lasting finish is soooo much better. I would say it's medium - full coverage, it covered pretty well with about 1-2 layers. It blends really well. firstly tried with a stippling brush, didn't work well with that, switched to a foundation brush and its like, perfect. The top of mine doesn't get messy (tube version). I also shake it before i use it because the main ingredient is water so yeah.

Overall i'm really happy with this foundation, i put it on about 5 hours ago probably, and it still looks the same. I'll be taking it off soon though. Going to a party tomorrow, I'll test it for that, for about 12 hours and update this review to see how well it lasts. Also i get an oily t-zone and it doesnt feel oily. Great foundation, was only about $18 (Australia) which is fairly cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by diabolicrouge

WOW. I am so impressed by this foundation. First of all, it is ridiculously cheap for how well it performs. It is the cheapest foundation I own, and easily one of my favorites. I have tried so many foundations from every price range, from $7- $80. It has the most lovely texture. It has a very creamy, silky texture, which leaves a slightly dewy finish initially, but dries down to a satin matte finish. It easily provides full coverage for me, it actually took some getting used to the flawless coverage, since I have been using pricier, sheerer foundations lately. Texture-wise, it reminds me of Chanel Pro Lumiere when initially applied, except that it sets to a matte finish. As someone who suffers from oily skin, I am so, so grateful to have stumbled upon this hidden treasure in the drugstore! It lasts all day for me. The oil-control is not as good as EL Double Wear or Revlon Colorstay, but the flawless, smooth finish is what makes it a winner for me in the longwearing foundation list. I always set it with powder, I use Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder.

The only downside for me is the color range. The entire line appears to have only a limited selection of medium beige colors! Luckily, the lightest shade, Ivory, turned out to be a good match for me when I started blending it out. Some other matches for me are: MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15, MUFE HD 117 + 118 mixed, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau in Beige Pale, Revlon Colorstay Buff, Dior Forever 010. I think if you are any lighter than this, you probably are out of luck, as this shade just barely matches me. But if you can find a match, I highly recommend this for most skin types, but especially for you oily/ combo ladies that like longwearing foundations, but don't want to sacrifice the smooth, silky feeling of satin finish ones! Also a little tip, don't stand the foundation up when storing it, because it has a tendency to leak a lot of product out when you open it.

Update: I swatched this next to my Dior Forever (new version) foundation in Ivory 010, and the Rimmel actually blends out to be lighter than that! Don't be fooled by the color in the tube and when you first squeeze it out, the color blends out quite a bit lighter once working it into the skin. I also experienced no oxidation during the day.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by kittykasthen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is sad. I really wanted to like this foundation. Soft Beige was the closest match to my skin tone. I'm asian with yellow undertones. First application, i like that it DOES NOT transfer to my iPhone nor my clothes. It's easy to blend ( I used a beauty blender dupe).
But after using it for a few days I noticed that my face started to look dull. It almost whitened to think that it should darken a bit cause my face is acidic. Maybe if they had a better color selection then id be happy. For now im sticking with Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen wow in Petal.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by jennybabex

After trying nearly foundation on the market this is by far the best!!

Pros :
build-able coverage
doesn't cause breakouts
flawless finish
covers imperfections
doesnt dry out skin or make it oily!!
cheap and cheerful
long lasting!!
gives the illusion of healthy blemish free skin
a must have in any make up bag!!

cons:
wish it came in a few more shades!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by kirstiemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good drugstore foundation! This was the first ever Rimmel thing I tried - and it matched pretty well! I use the shade 200 Soft Beige, it has quite a strong yellow undertone which is good for me. My skin is VERY OILY and it stays on relatively well (maybe around 6-7 hours) - even better with a good primer. It has medium coverage and can be build-able (I used on the night of my ball/prom and I didn't need any concealer). I'll most likely be buying this one again since I have yet to find a well-priced foundation that is as good as the LF.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by BreeH2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product makes me look white- i am a dark skinned girl
And i bought the darkest color
I really hate this product- it has a nice smell but the darkest shade is too white for me. And it is really unhygienic because it does not have a pump. Though it only cost me £5.
Probably going to try revlon colorstay whipped foundation next after i read the reviews.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by ushaneupane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

foundation given 3 to this product bcz i jus brought it today...i tried and i like how it sets on your face..most foundations accentuate my pores while this one didnt...but unfortunately its not my shade...i might go out n search for my shade bt i will wait few days to see if it breaks me out o

p.s can anyone tell me if this product comea sealed or not??? because mine wasnt sealed n m a bit skeptical to use it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by ontario88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin and it is hard to find a foundation that is even a little bit hydrating. I picked this up at Walmart for 8.85 because I watched a review on youtube beforehand stating that this product works. I used it the very next day... I didnt have high hopes or anything but... WOW.

Pros:
-Almost full coverage!
-Hydrating
-Any skin type can use this
- You can double up as a concealer
-Dont have to use a brush to put the product on face
- Can use your fingers
- Doesnt settle in fine lines and creases
-Price is fantastic!
- I also use the rimmel match perfection concealer for my under eyes

Rimmel is coming out with some great products, I noticed!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Married2aMarine

I love this foundation. I use it with the Rimmel primer, the pro version that's out now, and it's great. It gives my skin the dewy look, which I really like. It had good coverage and feels like weight on my skin. Not like I'm wearing a mask. The staying power is amazing. It holds up to my 12 hours shifts as a nurse in the E.R. I have a couple dry patches around my lips this time of year, but as long as I wear the primer they don't seem to be an issue. I personally haven't ever worn this foundatoin for 25 hours so I don't know if it last that long. If you need a foundation that will last without breaking the bank I would try this one. I got mine for $4.99 at Target.