Aussie Hair Insurance Leave In Conditioner

3.6

water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, silk extract, panax ginsing root extract, amodimethicone, cetrimonium chloride, trideceth-12, polyquaternium-11, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, ppg-2 methyl ether, dmdm hydantion, fragrence/parfum, disodium edta, polysorbate80, aminomethyl propanol, citric acid. 2012 formula

This is a detangler, but definitely not conditioning or moisturising as the label suggests. I have long, thick, wavy hair that's naturally a bit dry but in good health for the most part. I do condition in the shower, but I find I need a detangling spray when I'm out of the shower as well bc my hair just gets dry and knotted without it. Buy this product for its detangling properties but do not expect any moisturising/smoothing/hydrating/etc results.

I really like this for use on my fine, straight hair. I find that it detangles well and conditions just enough without weighing hair down. This likely isn't a good conditioner for more coarse hair since it isn't deeply moisturizing, but for fine haired ladies, this is good. I'm happy with this and will repurchasee.

This product is okay. I used some then mixed it with olive oil, jojoba oil, and mnoi de tahiti... cuz it didn't moisturize enough... you guessed it. It didn't detangle, it hardly moisturized and didn't leave my natural coarse 4a/b hair soft. The oils I added made it a little better. It works pretty well in my daughter's 3c/4a hair. It makes her hair soft and pretty. I'm sticking to my newly purchased bottles of Abba Nourishing to do what this product couldn't. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

This is the only one of the aussie range that I've had any success with. My hair is dry, naturally curly, coloured and coarse (lucky me, eh?). I also swim a lot, and the chlorine has made the condition even worse. I've found that although the Hair Insurance doesn't deliver enough moisture to use as a stand-alone conditioner (Dove Intense does that job for me), a few squirts before I'm about to blow-dry my hair really helps with the styling - it seems to make it bouncier and a bit more "elastic", if you know what I mean. I'll be keeping a bottle handy in future, I reckon. However, there is one HUGE downside for me - the unbelievably hideous, aggressive smell. Imagine the worst, cheapest, nastiest, "free on the cover of some magazine for five year old girls" chemical junk lipgloss and/or scented pencil eraser... imagine that, if you can, then multiply it by ten. It smells THAT bad. Not one to buy if you like things natural, or are sensitive to smells. UPDATE: I've stopped using this totally - I've discovered that I get a much stronger "bouncy" effect, as well as much more shine, by mixing some of my regular conditioner with water in a spray bottle and using it to mist my hair when I'm blowdrying.

I really seemed to like this product! It was great as just a nice cheap leave in conditioner/flat iron protector. I was sad though to find out a few weeks after I got it that the spray top broke and I couldn't spray it any more :( It smells really good and moisturizes without being heavy. I would buy it again if the top worked better

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow I'm really impressed by Aussie products. My hair tangles easily and I use this right before combing my washed hair. It smells really good and makes my hair feel great. It feels like I've used a conditioner in the shower rather than a leave-in - most leave-ins make my hair feel weird. Not to mention the great price (around $3 at Target). I replaced my Aussie Moist conditioner with this because I like to skip that extra step in the shower. To stretch this product a little (not like it costs a whole lot but I just try to make the most of what I buy) I mix it with some water.

I do not like the smell of this whatsoever. It does not have the same pleasant smell other aussie products have. I don't find that it works that well, but then again I have yet to find a leave in conditioner that actually works. I have had it for 2 years and I hate wasting stuff so i keep on using it, just incase it's doing some good I can't really see. haha.

I love this product. This detangles my hair nicely and my hair is shiny and soft after using this. I will definitely purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. It is a great leave-in conditioner. I got this a few weeks ago when I notice that my hair was starting to get dry at the ends due to constant blow drying and flat ironing. After a few days of use on damp hair, my ends were starting to look normal again. My hair has a nice shine to it, but not overly shiney. Good product.

This is the best leave in conditioner I have used! I've been using it for 10+ years and I cannot live without it. It detangles so well, and makes my slightly oily hair super soft and shiny without weighing it down. I use this daily and love everything about it. I will buy it until the end of time!

Top Rated Aussie Products