July 23, 2014 | 1958 users online

Lash Treatments - Careprost (Generic Brand Latisse)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by mkrnhp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I look and look for reviews on Careprost and have not found that many. People on You Tube review but then no follow up. I think I can see why and so I thought I would add another review of this product. I have been using since Sept 3. Missed maybe 3 or 4 nights. My lashes are for sure longer. They almost touch my eyebrows. I am curious to see how they will look after say 4 months (the time I have read it takes for you to get full results). So I will keep using the current bottle and finish the one or two other bottles I bought. My lashes are longer but not thicker. This product works but I am not sure the results are worth the daily routine. So if your goal is longer lashes and you are willing to put the product on daily it works. One thing I have read in reviews your lashes will grow out in various lengths and that is true (almost annoying). So I like the product, it's cheap enough but unless I see some major dramatic changes I may not order the product again. Just wanted to leave a review. If I see any major changes in the next month or two I will review again. I also wanted to say my lashes appear darker and on the days I did not want to wear as much makeup my lashes and eye area seemed darker a look I like. I guess I am saying I am not getting the dramatic results I had hoped for but will continue using the product to see what final results I get.
12/8/10 follow up - Started using careprost on 9/3/10 and am still on my first bottle. My lashes are way longer. I do not curl them anymore. When I did before my lashes went about half way up on the curler now they are almost to the very top but like people are saying the lashes have a curl to them now that they did not have. I have used this daily only missing 3-4 days since 9/3. My lashes seem darker and more like my eytes stand out. My lashes are longer but not thicker. That is the only neg I can say. I still would have to say I have not achieved the wonderful results I had hoped for. Good but not great with that said I will keep using this bottle and then use the other two I purchased. It is sometimes a pain to remember to put this on at night but it's not hard etc. I will decide after my next bottle if I will order again. At this point I am 12 weeks in so may not have received the full results yet. I have not had anyone say anything about how long they look. I like the product. Like the price from ADC. I have not seen any darkness or neg things. I will see an eye dr in Jan and plan to ask them about it's use. Will update again later on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by juicy70

My lashes were in a pretty sorry state - short, thin and falling out, even mascara and a lash curler weren't much help. I have been applying Careprost on my lashes on and off for about a month and a half. I was battling recurring conjunctivitis (hence the 'off' times) so I never thought I would see an effect so quickly. My lashes have definitely grown longer; they almost touch my eyelid when I curl them, and I have a second growth of lashes coming in as well. They look awesome and I am so happy I stuck it out with the Careprost.
I use just one drop for both eyelids and my eyebrows; I squeeze the drop onto the little well on top of the bottle cap, and apply with the eyeliner brush they included. After I finish applying I wash the liner brush and bottle cap in warm soapy water, then dip the brush in alcohol to kill any germs. So far so good and no infections - please note that the formula has preservatives that can be absorbed by contact lenses, so it's important to remove your lenses before applying (I apply before bed). I had some redness and itchiness at first but it eventually got better. I was pretty skeptical about the effectiveness but I was wrong, it works very well albeit with irritation.

EDIT: I discontinued the Careprost because it ended up discoloring my lash area, making me look older when I wasn't using makeup to cover it - ewww! Wasn't worth it - I am using RapidLash serum on my lashes instead and they are doing really well, with no drugs.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by masa_inn

I really hope I will never be without this product, ever.

My lashes weren't bad to begin with; but they were gray and reacted poorly to any brand of mascara (falling out). After 12 weeks of Careprost they look simply fabulous.

My uneven brows now look much fuller (I did not expect this).

As for side effects, at first my eyes were red and irritated in the morning. Now I have no problem at all.

Going to post comparison pics to my album.

ETA 12/5/10: I have my dream lashes without any scary side effects. Long, full, curling up without any torture devices. My eyebrows are definitely in a much better shape as well: fuller and darker than ever. Optimal maintenance regime for me is 3 days a week; otherwise I notice lashes starting to fall out. Still use my first bottle (I started in July, IIRC)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using this generic product after reading the reviews on this website. Latisse is way over priced and I was looking for a more reasonably priced alternative. My eyelashes broke off after using Loreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara. I ordered Careprost and started using it about 3 weeks ago and I can definitely see a difference. I literally had no eyelashes and at day 12, I finally had something to put mascara on (NOT Loreal). I think this product is fantastic and plan on ordering another bottle so I am never without it. I have only had mild itching, nothing major. I am so pleased with the results that I will keep using it. Thank you MUA for alerting me to this great generic product.

After 8 weeks of using this product, I can honestly say that I have long eyelashes! Unbelievable! This product actually works. Now for the down side, the skin around my eye and my eyelid has become very dry.
Therefore, I am cutting back from every day to twice a week to see if that helps my skin and maintains my new long lashes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by 604nailpro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE * A YEAR AND A HALF LATER*
For all of you looking to get this product in the US or Canada, I've got it delivered to the US via alldaychemist.com and then my friend at the delivery address forwarded it to my Canadian address. I've been told by other MUA members that the following sites will also ship careprost: canadamedicieshop, reliableRxPharmacy, essentialdayspa.com , ioffer.

I've visited my optometrist twice and there are NO issues with my eyes. My eyelids do turn a slight redish brown which is obvious all the time however a little makeup fixes it and no one, not even my girlfriends or husband have noticed the darkening, only me. My eyes are no longer irritated by the product liek I originally posted below. My blue eyes have not changed colour at all. Some people reported that their Iris color was changing brown however I have not experienced this at all. My lashes grow long,and they curl more due to Careprost. Many people think Im wearing mascara or false lashes when I'm not. CLARIFICATION: this product will not give you more lashes, it works by keeping your eyelashes in their growth cycle thus not allowing them to die off and fall out. This is why they just keep growing and growing. If you are looking for thicker/more lashes, this will not work for you. You wont need to trim your lashes. When they get out of control long, they'll come off with you touching your face and washing your face/shower/etc. This is my MOST LOVED PRODUCT!

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
For the first 2 weeks there was some irritation around my eyes. It was slighlty darker but nothing major. the frst 5 days my eyes were blood shot but again not that bad. it took 5-6 weeks to see any improvement. Ive now been using careprost (bimatoprost) for 9-10 weeks and people around me are commenting on how great my lashes look. Theyr'e longer but there arent more lashes.Theyre also curling ALOT. I use this on the top and bottom lashes and Im very pleased with the results. I apply with a slanted brow brush that I got from walmart. I apply in the morning after I wash my face and at night after showering and use one drop per eye. I have no irritation, discoloration or anything negative to say about this product. would highly recomend!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by gmmace80

I've been using this product pretty religiously since October of 2009. I ordered it from alldaychemist and have nothing bad to say about them. I'm asian and have pretty short, sparse, stick straight lashes. While my lashes did definitely grow longer, they haven't gotten any thicker. Over the course of using the product, I've noticed a bit of curl, but it's not necessarily a good thing. I've notice that after I've been sleeping, my lashes seem to be crunched up and go in all directions. Some water will generally put them back to normal, but in the last couple months the lashes on the outer edge of my left eye are curling up, but also angling toward the middle of my face. I've been having to using a heated eyelash curler to straighten them out and going in the right direction. It's really becoming more trouble than it's worth for the results that I've gotten. I probably won't reorder after I'm done with the current bottle. Perhaps once I'm employed again, I'll give the brand name stuff a try and see if there's any difference.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by RedAsh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I don't feel as though it makes my lashes any thicker, however it does add length if you're patient (like many reviewers have said).

I haven't had any issues with discoloring of the eye lids or eyes (some people have said it makes their eyes red). I recommend dropping a single drop into the lid and using the brush to apply. You don't need more than a drop, a little goes a long way!

I would definitely repurchase this hidden treasure again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by EricaSN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a review for Careprost, the generic version of Latisse. Firstly I do have to say that 'patience is a virtue'. If you are looking for a quick fix this product isn't it, but if you want longer lashes and don't mind applying a product DAILY for 4 months than THIS IS IT!

I have been using Careprost for 8 weeks so far and in the beginning did suffer from mild itching and bloodshot eyes but after about the 4 week mark, this totally subsided. I did suffer mild discolouration along the lash line but that really is only noticeable to yourself, but the bloodshot eyes everyone can see; but got eye drops to sort out that problem.

I had lost several lashes due to my obsession with false lashes and my inability to remove them properly so suffered from brittle broken lashes. When I was a kid, I had the longest eyelashes, so much so that even my mum thought I wore falsies when I started wearing make-up. So really just wanted to restore my lashes. Now at week 8 all the bare spaces have been filled and I seem to have more lashes but there hasn't been a change in thickness nor darkness as my lashes are already jet black. I am now seeing a difference in the length and can only imagine that when I get to the 16 week mark - hopefully they'll double in length, like the other reviews I have read, I haven't had any 'wow' comments yet so fingers crossed! I will update when I get to 12 and 16 weeks as through my own research it does seem that a real difference is mainly seen from 12 weeks onwards.

I got careprost from United Pharmacies, only cost 12.80 plus postage to UK. One bottle seems to have lasted me 7 weeks so reordered 3 more. I went straight for Careprost over Latisse/Lumigan as it's virtually the same and half the price (Lumigan from United Pharmacies is 24.90).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by mascaraismycrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Careprost since May 2010. My lashes are very long and they even have a natural curl, that wasn't there before. Even my husband noticed my lashes are very long. Prior to Latisse, I had straight yet thick, medium length (weren't too short but not long either) eyelashes. I had to wear very black mascara in order to give them some oomph. I now only wear mascara on the outer corners to give my lashes that cat eye look. I don't use a curler or mascara primer anymore. I will dye my lashes using a blue/black tint and I can get away with wearing zero makeup (great for summer months). I wish it was easier to get ahold of in the states. Ordering from ADC isn't that much of a hassle, but shipping is expensive and then there's that foreign currency charge. Still its alot cheaper than Latisse and even products like Lilash & Revitalash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Since I didn't want to pay another $120 for Latisse, I decided to try out Careprost from reading good reviews on MUA. I purchased 2 bottles of Careprost from Alldaychemist for $45 including shipping. First bottle probably lasted me about 6-8 weeks but I didn't see any drastic results as I did with Latisse. I experience slight burning and itching after each application but didn't bother me much since I was looking forward to my lashes growing back as it did with Latisse. I'm at half way through my second bottle and only changes I see is at very end of my lashes but alot of my lashes in the middle has gotten weak and fell out. I will not repurchase Careprost and am planning to go back to Latisse.

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No