October 24, 2014 | 1989 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color makes me think of khakis for my eyelids - versatile, goes-with-anything shade. Lovely, mostly matte color that goes on a little darker than it looks in the pan.

Over UDPP, it will not budge or migrate. I can't say how it wears without it, because I always prime.

This looks really striking paired with Brulee and Penny. It also works well with all other shades from the line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by oniononion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice frosty taupe. I got this 50 percent off. So for 99 cents this is a great staple, and I would definitely repurchase if I ever run out of taupes. FYI it is not what I would call a dupe for Satin Taupe, witch is a deeper taupe with more purple undertones, but it is a very nice neutral taupe color for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by macsephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This eye shadow is absolutely gorgeous! It's my go-to eye shadow for when I am in a rush and need to quickly put on some makeup. I love to wear it as an all over lid color by itself. It creates a really nice look when you apply MAC's fix plus on your flat shader brush and then apply the shadow to your lid. It is a very buttery formula which is nice and easy to apply and blend. This color will look great on many different skin tones. It can definitely be compared to the quality of MAC eye shadows, highly pigmented. The packaging is cute and small which makes it nice and easy to throw in your hand bag to touch up through the day. This was only $3 and was totally worth it. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by AsianxDoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was utterly surprised on how amazing this eyeshadow is! As many people here I saw and read great reviews on it and I couldn't resist. I got it only for $2 dollars and let me say that this is definitely one of the best eyeshadow I own! Pigmentation is great, color is so flattering. I like to use it as a wash but this would also be great for a nice neutral or smokey looks. It's pretty adaptable to used as any look, really. I love it. This is my first eyeshadow from this line and I can't wait to be the others. Buy it you won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by CathleenM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this shadow after seeing it recommended many many times here on MUA. The actual shadow is everything you could want it to be, nice soft shadow that is very blendable and not dusty or chalky at all. The color is lovely, more brown than truly taupe but a really lovely color, easily worn as a wash without being overly dark. My only complaint is that it isn't quite as pigmented as I would like it to be, nonetheless I can see myself using it up and going back for more as it makes for a very easy quick out the door look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's everything everybody said! amazing quality in all aspects~ but it pulls red on me for some reason~ definitely different from Satin taupe which is more purpley~ so basically ymmv!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After seeing so many positive reviews for this I was really excited to try it and since Walgreens was having a 1/2 off sale for WnW I paid a whole buck for this. It applies like butter but on me this shade turns really warm and almost looks coppery/bronzy. I was hoping it would be a cooler toned taupe but that doesn't take away from the product at all for it's very high quality and I would expect to pay *alot* more for it. I'm a *huge* WnW fan anyway and it's what I wear most of the time for the quality is amazing. I wore nutty on my eyelid and blended up towards my browbone but tomorrow I'm just going to wear it on my lid or in the crease with brulee and see if I like it more that way. I put that I would buy this again for I didn't want to bring the rating down for this is a lovely shadow but just a bit different than I expected and I will always buy WnW shadows for they are the bomb!!
EDIT: I have since completely fallen in love with this color and it's my go to when I don't know what else to wear. Goes great with Brulee!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I hate to be one of the few who dislikes this, but this shadow just did not work for me. I really loved the texture and blendability, but the shade seemed to change color over time. When first applied (over UDPP) it was a light warm brown---not the most flattering for me, with silver shimmer. As the hours passed, the shadow turned to a muddy brown and the shimmer now made my lid area look greasy.

I tried this over TFSS with the same results and over ELF primer as well. Perhaps I got a bad batch, but the whole chameleon effect on my lids was not a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by sunflower1221

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the comments here on MUA and I am not disappointed.

I was hoping this would be a similar color to Tapestry Taupe, but with better color payoff. It is!!! I can use this in my crease with TT on the lid and I have a perfect work-appropriate look with enough shimmer in it that helps me look awake.

I can see myself using this forever. It's cheap, there's lots of product in the container, and it makes my grey eyes pop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I have been wanting to try this shadow for awhile, I finally picked it up when Rite Aid was having their 40% off Wet N Wild sale. It's definitely worth the price. The pigmentation very amazing for the price. It's a soft taupe brown, it has a good amount of frost, but not extremely frosty. I wanna try the rest of the shadows now because i'm curious about their quality. Do I think this shadow compares to MACs Satin Taupe? Yes. But I don't think the quality is as good as MAC, maybe just a little bit under. But definitely worth $3. I used this a few days in a row because it's perfect on it's own when you're in a hurry. I definitely recommend purchasing this.