December 21, 2014 | 1088 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic neutral, everyday sort of color. I can swipe it on my eyelids up to the crease, blend it out a bit, and it's good to go. It looks especially nice paired with some of the other browns in their holiday palettes (like the near-infamous MAC Club dupe in the Night Elf palette, or the purple-y browns in the Sugar Plum Fairy set) in the crease. It's a very wearable, versatile shade - just the right amount of shimmer, easy to wear/blend, wonderful texture.
I snagged this for $1 at Walgreens, and now that I know how good WnW shadows are I'm planning another trip to stock up. I never gave WnW a second thought before buying Nutty, but I'm impressed and would recommend this particular color to everyone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Jessface2007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is by far one of my favorite eyeshadow's ever! It makes a gorgeous neutral and I constantly wear it to work! It is a good dupe for MAC's Satin Taupe and is way way cheaper ($2) than any MAC eyeshadow! Very pigmented, easily blends, and has a creamy texture. Recommend to all!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by babssoft

As a long time fan of MAC shadows, I have to say this one is pretty impressive.

Lately I've really been wanting to try the smokey brown eye look, I loved the look on one of Anna Sui's recent runways (hers was more of a purpley-taupe). This shadow creates the effect I was looking for, for a super-duper bargain price. I have green eyes and it gives them a sort of mysterious-yet-earthy look.

Plus, I have a hard time finding browns that actually work with my coloring, or actually "do something" for me, other than look bland or "off". This eyeshadow looked great immediately--no convincing myself it looked good. I just swiped a couple of coats on my upper and lower lids and looked in the mirror, and I was like, wow, I can't believe how good this looks. Usually I have to work pretty hard with browns, blending in specific areas of my eyes and trying to decide if I like it. But this shadow was effortless and looked great without much work.

I am so happy I got it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color makes me think of khakis for my eyelids - versatile, goes-with-anything shade. Lovely, mostly matte color that goes on a little darker than it looks in the pan.

Over UDPP, it will not budge or migrate. I can't say how it wears without it, because I always prime.

This looks really striking paired with Brulee and Penny. It also works well with all other shades from the line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by oniononion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice frosty taupe. I got this 50 percent off. So for 99 cents this is a great staple, and I would definitely repurchase if I ever run out of taupes. FYI it is not what I would call a dupe for Satin Taupe, witch is a deeper taupe with more purple undertones, but it is a very nice neutral taupe color for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by macsephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This eye shadow is absolutely gorgeous! It's my go-to eye shadow for when I am in a rush and need to quickly put on some makeup. I love to wear it as an all over lid color by itself. It creates a really nice look when you apply MAC's fix plus on your flat shader brush and then apply the shadow to your lid. It is a very buttery formula which is nice and easy to apply and blend. This color will look great on many different skin tones. It can definitely be compared to the quality of MAC eye shadows, highly pigmented. The packaging is cute and small which makes it nice and easy to throw in your hand bag to touch up through the day. This was only $3 and was totally worth it. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by AsianxDoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was utterly surprised on how amazing this eyeshadow is! As many people here I saw and read great reviews on it and I couldn't resist. I got it only for $2 dollars and let me say that this is definitely one of the best eyeshadow I own! Pigmentation is great, color is so flattering. I like to use it as a wash but this would also be great for a nice neutral or smokey looks. It's pretty adaptable to used as any look, really. I love it. This is my first eyeshadow from this line and I can't wait to be the others. Buy it you won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by CathleenM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this shadow after seeing it recommended many many times here on MUA. The actual shadow is everything you could want it to be, nice soft shadow that is very blendable and not dusty or chalky at all. The color is lovely, more brown than truly taupe but a really lovely color, easily worn as a wash without being overly dark. My only complaint is that it isn't quite as pigmented as I would like it to be, nonetheless I can see myself using it up and going back for more as it makes for a very easy quick out the door look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's everything everybody said! amazing quality in all aspects~ but it pulls red on me for some reason~ definitely different from Satin taupe which is more purpley~ so basically ymmv!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After seeing so many positive reviews for this I was really excited to try it and since Walgreens was having a 1/2 off sale for WnW I paid a whole buck for this. It applies like butter but on me this shade turns really warm and almost looks coppery/bronzy. I was hoping it would be a cooler toned taupe but that doesn't take away from the product at all for it's very high quality and I would expect to pay *alot* more for it. I'm a *huge* WnW fan anyway and it's what I wear most of the time for the quality is amazing. I wore nutty on my eyelid and blended up towards my browbone but tomorrow I'm just going to wear it on my lid or in the crease with brulee and see if I like it more that way. I put that I would buy this again for I didn't want to bring the rating down for this is a lovely shadow but just a bit different than I expected and I will always buy WnW shadows for they are the bomb!!
EDIT: I have since completely fallen in love with this color and it's my go to when I don't know what else to wear. Goes great with Brulee!