Lucy Minerals Foundation

4.2

zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Poly polyphenols, resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate

on 8/16/2010 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This may be my new HG foundation! I only wear mineral foundation on a daily basis, and have tried many brands. This brand intrigued me because of the promise of better coverage and the antioxidant ingredients. I wear Light Olive in Everyday Minerals, Illusion in Urban Decay's Surreal Skin mmu, and Honey Girl by Mixology minerals. After playing around with the samples a bit, I've found that my perfect Lucy Minerals shade is Creamy Bisque; this is great for skin tones like mine, which are light with some yellow/olive undertones, but not really a *true* olive (try Creamy Olive or one of the other olives for that).

This is definitely the creamiest MMU I've ever used, and it does cover very well. Today I mixed a tiny drop of my facial oil blend (not the Lucy Minerals brand, though I know she carries one too) and mixed it with some of the minerals, and this made a nice concealer that gave me even more coverage, which I needed for some hyperpigmentation and to cover my under-eye darkness.

My skin is very acne-prone and this has not broken me out at all, and covers hyperpigmentation well. The only mmu I've tried with more coverage is Mixology Minerals, but Lucy Minerals has a better color match for me, is more affordable, and wears better throughout the day. It looks very natural and does not accentuate pores and other flaws like some MMU can do.

I'm very excited to place a full size order and try more of the products from this line. I especially love that the mmu contains antioxidants and vitamin C :) But there is also a "light" formula with just the pure mineral ingredients and no extra antioxidants for very sensitive skin. I've mostly been wearing the OCC (oil control w/ calcium carbonate) formula, and it wears quite well throughout the day. Now that I know what my shade is, I'll have to try it in the original and silica formulas as well to see which works best for me.

Annie is a great seller with wonderful communication :) I love that you can buy very generous sample sizes for just $1.50 (and they come in jars if you live in the US, not plastic baggies!) I've become familiar with her website, and she also has monthly and weekly specials with amazing deals!

Very excited to have found this fantastic, very affordable MMU line. I definitely recommend it, especially to ladies with sensitive and/or acne-prone skin who need heavier coverage but still want to look natural.

on 8/8/2010 12:42:00 AM

Best foundation I've ever used <3

The awesome, quality ingredients in this mineral foundation seems to calm my skin and takes away the redness in some sensitive spots.
Last ALL day without smudges, creasing and is also waterproof as evidenced by my running in the rain!
Does not highlight and enlarge pores. When used together with the finishing power and ultimate buffer brush, it really is a mini miracle for my skin! Absolutely HG :)

Btw, for SWAP: creamy bisque (with silica) for golden medium as creamy bisque is a touch too light for me. Full-sized.

on 7/25/2010 8:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ordered several samples from Lucy Minerals to check out shades, plus a blush (Petal). Such a great product! It does seem to have a creamier consistency on my face, unlike Bare Minerals which sometimes gets in the creases of my 50-year-old skin. I also use less of Lucy than of Bare Minerals for better coverage.

on 7/20/2010 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a lovely foundation for those who use mineral powder. The silica formula seemed to accentuate my pores, and I didn't find the calcium formula any better than the original, which does look beautiful on. Unfortunately, I seem to be allergic to one of the ingredients common to all three, because I wind up with hives on my face. But for those less allergic than me, this is a great choice.

on 7/20/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a brand new Lucy Mineral customer & I LOVE the product - and the customer service - HIGHLY recommend Lucy Minerals -

on 7/19/2010 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Lucy Minerals is a fabulous mineral foundation infused with high quality ingredients & antioxidants. The Original Foundation formula looks and feels very soft and natural while giving wonderful coverage. It's so lightweight - feels like you are not wearing foundation. The Oil Control with Silica Foundation (OCS) formula works pretty much the same as the Original Foundation formula on me.In regards to which formula works best for my oily, acne-prone skin, large pores on t-zone; the Oil Control with Calcium Carbonate Foundation is my favorite. Calcium carbonate is an excellent addition to mineral makeup for those of us with oily skin. As I've noted previously, oils from our face can cause colors to morph over the course of the day, and because it's alkaline, calcium carbonate is an excellent oil absorber. Color will remain true throughout the day and not morph into something due to environmental stresses or skin oils. Excellent absorbency and excellent color retention for people with normal, oily, or darker skin. This is where calcium carbonate excels. Lucy Minerals Foundation is so concentrated that I need to start with a tiny amount & then add a little bit more if needed. Ingredients: zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, calcium carbonate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Poly® polyphenols, trans-resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate.
My skintone: fair complexion with yellow undertone
Laura Mercier Mineral Powder #Soft Porcelain, Lancome Ageless Minerale #Natural Ivory 10, Lucy Minerals #Pale Olive, Meow #1-Sleek Manx/Angora/Abyssinian, Alima #Warm 1, Everyday Minerals #Golden Fair/Olive Fair, Lumiere #Light Golden, Monave #Paula/Claire.
continued >>

on 7/18/2010 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This foundation has a creamy consistency and anti-oxidant ingredients. Learning how to apply it properly takes a few practice runs, but totally worth it. A little bit goes a very long way! My skin looks even, smooth, and natural with this foundation. I used the Oil Control Formula with Silica and it held up pretty well in 90-degree heat today. There are also regular and Light foundation formulas, in addition to Oil Control with Calcium Carbonate. My partner even commented on my flawlessness today, and he hates it when I ask him to evaluate my foundation trials, so I'll take his word for it! Because of customer demand, a Pale Olive shade was recently added. I use Cream mixed with some Snow White.

I've been applying this is with a cosmetic sponge to save time and to ward off the frustration when I put on too much product with a kabuki brush. This is definitely the way to go for me.

on 7/15/2010 10:35:00 AM

I've been looking for foundation that 1) won't clog my pores and cause acne, 2) will cover my scars and acne marks well (concealing), 3) is quick and easy to apply, and 4) looks natural.

I had almost given up on MMU... then Lucy Minerals came along. The first time I tried it, I knew it was going to be different - it was so creamy! I tapped a bit of powder from finger to nose and the powder didn't highlight my huge pores, plus coverage was amazing! Eliminates the need for additional concealer. Worked for me even without a good concealer brush or flat top brush. I used an ordinary flocked sponge, very slightly dampened, for a flawless look.

I'm treating acne with tretinoin and when my skin gets flaky because of that, I mix this with a bit of the Ambrosia serum and it's perfect.

I've gotten many good comments about my skin since I started using this - people who saw me everyday suddenly wanted to know what I was doing with my skin because I looked "radiant"!

Best of all, my skin has been clearing up - no painful acne after 2+ weeks of Lucy Minerals.

Try it! It may be the last MMU sample you'll need to purchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a wonderful foundation, simply because it goes on so smooth and even like nothing else I have tried before, very creamy, and because this is so concentrated you need literally a tiny amount of this to cover half of your face for a medium/full coverage.I usually load my brush with other mmu's but with this it really is like that, and you really do need one layer and you're done! Fantastic!! The only con I have with this foundation is that it does not last as well as some of the others, and it does look like you have foundation on, the only foundation that looked like it was my own skin was Sassy minerals foundation. Other than those points I still really like this foundation because it is just so easy to put on, and it always comes out very even. Highly recommended.

PS for reference I bought a few samples in cream, creamy bisque, pale olive, creamy olive, medium olive, bisque, and out of all those all were blending into my skin beautifully, but the most perfect shade is medium olive. Bisque is the only one that I had not even tried since it looks so pink, I won't even bother. And by the way putting this on on top of the ambrosia multi tasking is not a good idea!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

My 100th review!!!! Not to many people know about this foundation i guess, but they should because its a really great product! I use this for work days, it gives you good coverage, its fast to apply, and has great staying power! On the website you can get samples before you spend the $15 bucks on a full size. The samples are very generous they will last a while because you really only need a little bit of this to get great coverage! Will keep buying this!!!