October 25, 2014 | 1834 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation has a creamy consistency and anti-oxidant ingredients. Learning how to apply it properly takes a few practice runs, but totally worth it. A little bit goes a very long way! My skin looks even, smooth, and natural with this foundation. I used the Oil Control Formula with Silica and it held up pretty well in 90-degree heat today. There are also regular and Light foundation formulas, in addition to Oil Control with Calcium Carbonate. My partner even commented on my flawlessness today, and he hates it when I ask him to evaluate my foundation trials, so I'll take his word for it! Because of customer demand, a Pale Olive shade was recently added. I use Cream mixed with some Snow White.

I've been applying this is with a cosmetic sponge to save time and to ward off the frustration when I put on too much product with a kabuki brush. This is definitely the way to go for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by deechu

I've been looking for foundation that 1) won't clog my pores and cause acne, 2) will cover my scars and acne marks well (concealing), 3) is quick and easy to apply, and 4) looks natural.

I had almost given up on MMU... then Lucy Minerals came along. The first time I tried it, I knew it was going to be different - it was so creamy! I tapped a bit of powder from finger to nose and the powder didn't highlight my huge pores, plus coverage was amazing! Eliminates the need for additional concealer. Worked for me even without a good concealer brush or flat top brush. I used an ordinary flocked sponge, very slightly dampened, for a flawless look.

I'm treating acne with tretinoin and when my skin gets flaky because of that, I mix this with a bit of the Ambrosia serum and it's perfect.

I've gotten many good comments about my skin since I started using this - people who saw me everyday suddenly wanted to know what I was doing with my skin because I looked "radiant"!

Best of all, my skin has been clearing up - no painful acne after 2+ weeks of Lucy Minerals.

Try it! It may be the last MMU sample you'll need to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

This is a wonderful foundation, simply because it goes on so smooth and even like nothing else I have tried before, very creamy, and because this is so concentrated you need literally a tiny amount of this to cover half of your face for a medium/full coverage.I usually load my brush with other mmu's but with this it really is like that, and you really do need one layer and you're done! Fantastic!! The only con I have with this foundation is that it does not last as well as some of the others, and it does look like you have foundation on, the only foundation that looked like it was my own skin was Sassy minerals foundation. Other than those points I still really like this foundation because it is just so easy to put on, and it always comes out very even. Highly recommended.

PS for reference I bought a few samples in cream, creamy bisque, pale olive, creamy olive, medium olive, bisque, and out of all those all were blending into my skin beautifully, but the most perfect shade is medium olive. Bisque is the only one that I had not even tried since it looks so pink, I won't even bother. And by the way putting this on on top of the ambrosia multi tasking is not a good idea!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My 100th review!!!! Not to many people know about this foundation i guess, but they should because its a really great product! I use this for work days, it gives you good coverage, its fast to apply, and has great staying power! On the website you can get samples before you spend the $15 bucks on a full size. The samples are very generous they will last a while because you really only need a little bit of this to get great coverage! Will keep buying this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Icacia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This review is for the foundation with Silica in it.

Most mineral foundation tend to accentuate my large pores and lines I never knew I have. I have oily combination skin and my humid environment doesn't help either.

Lucy Minerals foundation with Silica goes on my face like a dream. I mean, it's sooooo creamy and easy to blend. It has one of the best, if not, the MOST BEAUTIFUL finish I have ever seen in any mineral foundation. Superbly smooth and natural looking with a matte finish, it also has excellent coverage (medium - heavy). Having said that, it also feels quite lightweight.

Here's the bad part. It doesn't seem to last too well around my nose area where it's oily, even with the new formulation. Also, Medium Golden is the closest I could get. While the color depth is perfect, I need more yellow and less golden really.

I won't be repurchasing this despite the incredible texture and finish that I love, unless they come up with a stronger yellow based shade :/

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by katy24

Absolutely outstanding!!!!! Best mmu I have ever used! I challenge all mineral mu people to give this a try!It melts into the skin a few mintues after application creating a beautifulsatin finish that does not look greasy at all.I put a primer on first,let that settle in & then apply this with my 182-right now I am using a sample of "Golden Medium" to blend with my freckles which gives me a tan look.I bought the full size "Creamy Bisque" for my normal skin tone(NC 25-30).This foundation also includes Vitamin C& other antioxidants,it lasts the entire day with a primer(no other mmu including EDM,Prescriptives,BE,Aromaleigh has lasted the whole day even with a primer),finish is similar to Chanel Pro Lumiere.I really think this is worth a try since sample sizes are so reasonable -also this contains sunscreen!!Go to the website & check it out!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Lauren_P

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried Lucy Minerals in the original coffeeberry extract formula and was quite pleased to find a true match in Light. My sample lasted about 2 months with almost daily use. I purchased a full size before the formula was changed. During the excellent Spring stock-up sale, I really did stock up on the new formula. I have to say it's even better than the original. It feels so creamy, and applies smoothly with the Ultimate flat top buffer. I have rosacea and you can't tell with this foundation. It covers so well and lasts all day. I am thrilled to find such a great product at a most reasonable price (with free shipping, too). I've never been able to say it before, but I now have a HG mineral makeup.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, the shade I selected was a tad bit too light in "Light" but in the winter time it would be a good match. I will re buy in a shade darker. It's creamy and has enough coverage where a concealer isn't neccesary. The finish is glowy and makes my skin look so smooth. I've noticed my skin feels and looks healthier. If you love mineral foundations give this a try and if you're new to minerals this is a wonderful place to start.
UPDATE: I now am using in the shade "Bisque" which is a close to perfect match on my light w/ golden undertones skin. The shade looks darker than it actually is because they use a high content of zinc oxide. Love how it melts into my face, and my skin is behaving so well ! Good in humidity and is water resistant, it also has anti oxidants which seemed to be helping :D

Update: Well I still like this foundation a lot but in the winter, it's quite drying and will emphasize each flake, and patch of dry skin. It's not a Holy Grail anymore. So I will keep this for the summer, but I've had to stop since my skin is so dry and this makes me skin look really patchy and weird!! I moisturized, and used a mist but it didn't work for this weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by sirthursday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite foundation in the entire world. It is absolutely my HG and I would go on an Arthurian quest to find it.

My skin used to be a nightmare. I assumed I was just cursed with bad skin and layered on Everyday Minerals foundation to cover up my blemishes. The more foundation I used, the worse my skin got. It was a vicious cycle of suckitude. Eventually I made the connection between my foundation and the volcanic zits covering my face and started looking for a new brand. Enter Lucy Minerals. Their foundation in Light turned out to be a pretty good match. (I'm NC15-ish, former EM Buff Fair Neutral. Light is a little bit too dark, so I mix in some Snow White and it looks perfect. It doesn't oxidize on me like most MMU does.) After a month of using this my skin started clearing up. I got some of this company's Ambrosia Serum and now, about five months later, my skin looks the best it has since I hit puberty.

This foundation can look cakey until you get the hang of applying it. Personally, I stipple it on with an E.L.F. powder brush (the flat kind). I start at the outside of my face and work my way in, because it can look powdery around my nose. You really don't need much to get a lot of coverage. It's also important to moisturize before using it. If you have large pores, a primer might be necessary.

Sorry for the novel. I'm just so in love with this stuff! If I was any good at poetry I'd write an ode to it. The owner of the company is super helpful, too.

TL;DR: Try it!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't recommend this enough. It's the mmu I've been looking over 2 years for: full coverage, yet not a dry, powdery look. The finish is almost dewy w/o being shiny. I am PPP with a lot of pink in my skin. The fair was too light, the bisque too yellow but the light was a dead match for my neck. And the last was so good, I hated to take it off at the end of the day. I have ordered the full size and hope they keep it coming because I will surely reorder.

Please see my review for Miracle Soap, the cleanser Annie rec's also.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No