April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by dechlorinate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm really pale and have always had trouble finding foundation and/or powder that would match my skin. I used to use regular foundations and they made my face yellowish which was quite terrible.

Lucy Minerals' foundation is the second mineral foundation I have tried and my search is finally over! The powders in 'fine' are a perfect match. The texture is nice and you only need a tiny amount to get a nice even complexion.

LOVE it, ordered the full size & now I'm waiting for it to arrive. Definitely going to repurchase!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by nadzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lucy is my second mineral foundation and I don't have to look further for any other brand. It is just working sooo well. Previously I was using EDM (mix of Fawn and Winged Butter in matte/semi-matte). From Lucy I'm wearing Cream in Original. The samples are really generous and the foundation is highly concentrated, so a little amount is sufficient to cover whole face. The lasting power is excellent, for me there is no need to put any finisher over the foundation, I'm not getting oily, event after few hours. But there is one very impotant thing - you have to find a good primer (I mean cream or something "under"). It cannot be too heavy, just something very light. After changing my base cream I had some problems with Lucy, because it was way too nutrituous and thick. Now I am back to a mix of hialuronic acid with a drop od baby lotion and Lucy is beautiful on my skin.
In my oppinion Lucy is worth at least to give her a try (but I've also heard of such a dichotomy: you love it or you hate it, so I can feel lucky).

I am not rating the package as long as I use a sample (it's 3rd week and still there's a lot in a baggie), although yesterday I made a big order.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by marie1111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is seriously the best foundation I have ever used. I used to use Everyday Minerals foundation in Golden Fawn, but refuse to buy from them any more because I don't feel they are a trustworthy company and also because they have changed their ingredients.

Fortunately, I have found the Lucy Minerals foundation to be far superior to EDM! Lucy Minerals foundation contains a large amount of Zinc Oxide which is great for UV protection and very soothing to the skin. It also contains Allantoin which is another very soothing ingredient. Additionally it contains Vitamin C and antioxidants which have helped my skin tremendously.

With EDM, I used to have to take days off from wearing it and struggled with breakouts, clogged pores and other irritation. With Lucy Minerals, my skin actually does better if I wear it every day.

Lucy Minerals foundation in Cream works very well for me, and is similar to EDM's Golden Fawn color. LM has also come out with two different oil control formulas which contain either Calcium Carbonate or Silica as the oil controlling ingredient. I have tried both, but find that my skin's oil production has balanced out nicely with the regular formula... and sometimes using a drying oil control formula just makes my skin produce more oil.

Lucy Minerals also has a formula called "light" that leaves out the Vitamin C, antioxidants and Allantoin for those that are allergy prone and want the minimum amount of ingredients.

The coverage of LM foundation is excellent and staying power is also excellent (as long as I'm careful not to rub my face a lot during the day.)

I prefer to apply it to my blotchier/redder areas with an eye kabuki brush, and then go over my entire face with a light dusting of LM foundation with my flat top kabuki.

Because the coverage is so great, you don't need very much at all. Some people apply it too heavily and then find it to be cakey. I have never had that problem at all, but that may be because of the way I apply it.

As with all mineral makeup, it also helps if your skin is a nice, smooth canvas. Please see my review of the Wonder Cloth and Organic Coconut Oil which had made my skin the best it's ever been! It is best to make sure any oil or moisturizer has sunk in before applying foundation.

If you apply the foundation with a flat top or large kabuki, you may find that you need to stipple it an area before gently sweeping it on to keep from getting too much in one spot. Some also find it's helpful to wait a few minutes after applying and then sweep their kabuki on over their face to make sure the application is nice and smooth.

Also please note that this foundation does not need to be buffed into the skin like foundations containing Bismuth Oxychloride do (Bare Minerals.) Sweeping it on gently looks best and is much better for your skin because you're not smashing the minerals into your pores.

Also, as with most mineral foundations, the color will darken a tiny bit after the first 15-20 minutes, so wait a bit before judging the color.

Samples are very generous. They come in a 5 gram jar with a sifter and are completely filled, which results in about 1 gram of product. They are only $1.50 including shipping, though the owner (Annie) has recently added an order minimum of $6.00.

As I mentioned, I used to use Everyday Minerals Golden Fawn, and Lucy Minerals in Cream is an excellent match for me.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!

26 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by imergo

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NC30 and using a sample size of Creamy Bisque (so can't comment on packaging). Golden Medium is too dark and orange for me and Bisque is too light and pink. I love the feel and finish of this foundation - it does seem more "creamy," insofar as a powder can be creamy, and less dry looking than some other mineral foundations I have tried. Using a primer, like the Monistat anti-chafing gel or L'Oreal Studio Secrets underneath helps to smooth out large pores. I apply with the ELF Studio Kabuki for light coverage and the ELF Studio Powder Brush (a flat top) for heavier. Planning to order full size when my sample runs out.

UPDATE: Since my original review, Lucy Minerals has released Olive shades. Olive Medium is a better match for me than Creamy Bisque.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by carlito8846

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg. I LOVE this stuff!
Best customer service I've ever experienced. -Free Shipping-.
The samples are very generous and have lasted me for quite a long time.
I have Cream and it is the perfect match for my skin, something I've never been able to find in a foundation.
It feels like I don't have any makeup on!
I love all the added nutrients that are in it and no parabens! Water-resistant, holds up great under any conditions.
Doesn't irritate my skin at all and I have the most acne prone skin -ever-. Free from bismuth oxychloride, talc, fragrance or preservatives. And it's hand-blended by the wonderful Annie who is just the sweetest dear ever.Check out her website at www.lucyminerals.com
It is so worth it and once I run out of my super generous sample, I'm ordering more!

Update 3/8/14:

From my first review AGES ago, my skin has improved ten-fold. However, I still have scaring and some breakout on my chin, forehead, and cheeks. For a while, I fell off the Lucy Minerals track. I re-found it when going through my stash and fell in love with it all over again. It gives me coverage without making it look like I have makeup on. It looks and feels so natural. It doesn't even feel like I have makeup on! It doesn't break me out, doesn't make me dry, and because the ingredients are so natural, I feel better having it on my skin all day. I have happily repurchased!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by susu42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with the previous poster as this foundation is very good the texture and coverage is amazing and the owner is very nice quick shipping if a foundation can stand up to Florida humidity then its a keeper however the one dissapointment for me was she didnt have a shade deep enough for my venus williamans color complexion hopefully in the future she may add more deeper colors for us darker skinned ladie but for those who are lighter its money well spent, plus she sells sample sizes which are generous enough for you to know if you like it or not

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Allyxx

Since I am the 1st person to review this revolutionary foundation, I'm going to decribe it to my best and give a true and thorough review.
I have tried numerous foundations from drugstores to high end to numerous other mineral foundations but this is by far the BEST one I have come across. This foundation applies on creamy and gives a matte finish. It is very concerntrated meaning you really only need a tiny tiny bit. I usually do 2 quick layers and spot conceal and this pretty much gives FULL coverage. It feels like not wearing any makeup. After a few minutes of wearing the foundation, it melds into the skin giving a flawless and natural glow. I've tried and tested this foundation to its limits- gone clubbing with it, walked through the rain with it, went to the beach, slept in it, excercised with it and and it stays on, doesnt melt off my face or turn streaky. Other foundations I have to touch up several times through the day/night but with this foundation, most the times i dont even need to and if i do, i just do it ONCE.

Very affordable for the ingredients that are used:
Green Coffee Bean Extract/ Apple Poly Extract- powerful anitoxidants, fights free radicals, anti aging.
Vitamin C (Asorbic Acid)- boosts collagen production resulting in youthful skin
Allantoin- anti irratant, soothing properties, moisturising, healing.
Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide- Natural Sunscreens, anti aging acts as a barrier to protect the skin from the suns harmful rays.
It contains all natural ingredients- No parabens, talc, waxes, fragrances to clog pores.

I highly recommend this mineral makeup and best of all...it is really affordable and you definately get bang for your buck! I LOVE IT!!

Update: I've been wearing Lucy Minerals foundation for over half a year now and I must say I have not strayed from it as I do feel this is the BEST mineral makeup for my skin. I am now wearing the Oil control formula with calcium carbonate (combination skin with oily Tzone) and I find this to last me throughout the day very well. I apply it over my moisturiser with Lucy Minerals Ultimate Flat Top Brush (softest brush ever) and gently buff and sweep it over and into my skin. This provides the best coverage for me and I find it only takes less than one minute to do this. I love wearing this foundation with Matte Apricot Blush or Sienna Glow Blush which are my faves. Please anyone looking to try this brand of mineral makeup, you dont need to think twice, definately worth a go!

21st Dec 2011: This is my second update after having used this amazing foundation for the past year and bit. I generally dont do an update for products but this foundation deserves one because it still does everything it did for me when I 1st wore it and some more till this day. I must say that this is one of the very rare products that I've actually wore and stuck with for so long. i'm the kind of person who loves to see if there's the next best thing just around the corner. But after spending so much money on samples after samples of different mineral foundations I've always been dissapointed and ended up coming back to my beloved Lucy. On another note I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work for a very small handful of people. So I'd like to share a few things with those who have had or are having issues with application. I totally understand because I didnt get the hang of it straight away. It took me a few goes and a bit of persistence.

Okay..the things that help give me a FLAWLESS face:
1. Ensure that your skin is clean/cleansed and you have moisturised 5-10 mins beforehand with a moisturiser that isnt too thick ie. (sunscreen) -I love using hydrating serums

2. Make sure that the brush you are using is suitable for minerals. I find that densely packed kabuki/flat top brushes are the BEST! (Ultimate brush range I have 3 of the flat top brushes <3)

3. Make sure that your brush is a clean one. I find applying LM with a brush that already has too much product loaded inside isnt going to give you that flawless beautiful finish. If you use a dirty brush, you could end up caking your face!

4. I usually apply 2 layers of foundation using my Ultimate Flat Top brush, swirling and tapping off in the lid and then gently buffing whats left on my brush onto my face. Really work it into the face (the brush does all the work). The amount of foundation that I use for each layer is roughly 3 grains of rice. Less is more and if its not enough, grab your concealer brush and conceal away dark circles, blemishes etc

5. Practice makes perfect! This method I use always allows my skin the look it's best every day. I work in the Beauty industry so having great skin is a must and because my skin naturally isn't I'll just have to fake it till I make it!

One of the main reasons why I adore LM is because, it melds so perfectly in with your skin's natural oil that it looks like your own skin. It has the perfect amount of light reflecting particles in the formula that it gives the right amount of coverage and glow at the same time.

Overall:
Wear of foundation: 10 hours + for me with minimal touchups
Feel: On the skin- feels like NO makeup and even great after microdermabrasion
Texture: it feels a bit gritty to touch, but after applying to teh skin & mixing with sebum, its amazing
Application: Takes a few goes to perfect it but so worth it
Look: Full coverage, flawless, glowing (Victorias Secret-like skin)
Formulas: Choose what works best for you. I still love the original and I have combination skin.

On the company: Superb range of products that truly care for the skin
(Ambrosia Serums, Ultimate Brushes, Antioxidant packed foundation)
Customer Service: 5 star service without the price (Annie and team are very helpful)
Price/Value: Wide selection of value kits. Low shipping costs WORLDWIDE and often there are freebies with orders.

Words of wisdom: Lucy Minerals, is worthwhile trying and investing in. It truly is an amazi

43 out of 44 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No