December 20, 2014 | 1156 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this color. It's a beautiful minty green color that is pretty much like a lighter, creamier colored version of MAC's Peppermint Patti. I found that it took 3 coats to get it to a full coverage, though I liked it better with 4 coats. I didn't mind, though I think some people do. It is not clumpy at all nor is it streaky. I don't know why some people are having issues with that; it must be something with the batches. Anyhow, I love this color and if I feel like I'll wear it enough I'll get a backup!
**Note: Would like to add that I think it goes well with my skin tone. I was worried as I am yellow and warm toned, but I think it looks nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by HelloKinky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Essie polish and I absolutely looove this color! The formula was good and after 4 days I only had minimal tip wear. I applied 3 thin coats to reach full opacity but, I am sure 2 thicker coats would work. My only complaint is that the brush is a little "thin" but, I am willing to overlook it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by rory13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is adorable! I love the pale green as a change from my usual fall and winter dark colors. It will also be a great spring and summer color. I can't wait to see how nice it looks with a tan!

It was a tiny bit streaky on the first coat, but the second coat plus SV evened it out nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by kportiera

really amazing color. this is my favortite holiday color for 09. good coverage, after 2 coats. wears very well. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by trc11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color!!!! I saw the MAC peppermint patty and I really wanted to get that when it came out, but I never had the time. Then I saw that Essie came out with a color similar to it and I knew that I had to buy it! I only did one coat and I feel that it came out fine (I was in a rush so I didn't have time to do more). I would DEFINITELY buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well blow me down, an Essie polish that I actually like! Normally I have terrible luck with this brand so I try to avoid it as a rule, but sometimes they put out a Really Good Colour that I just have to have. Mint Candy Apple falls into that category, which is why I took a chance on it... and hey, it paid off! Very cute pale green shade, I find it unique. So many magazines and blogs were promoting pale green as the big thing this Fall but honestly, I never see anyone wearing this colour. I get lots of compliments on it myself, though! The formula is fine, not thick the way I usually find Essie polishes. I wouldn't mind a wider brush but whatever, I can make it work. I think this product is very fun, and a nice change of pace from the usual slushy neutrals or vampy darks you normally see this time of year. Who cares what the season is, wear the colours you like!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lillovelygrl33

I LOVE this color! I picked it up at the nail salon last week, and was very pleased with how it looked once my manicure was finished. It's a gorgeous, creamy almost Tiffany blue green color. I've gotten tons and tons of compliments on it, it's a fresh change for fall and I think it would look lovely year round.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by xianghua

I was searching high and low for this color ever since I began seeing ads for it in magazines months ago. After finally finding a lone bottle at Ulta, I was so disappointed! It's just mint green, not even a "special" mint green, just blah IMO. I cannot really understand why this color would be released at Christmas, since it seems much more of a spring shade to me. This might look cute with a tan come summer, but it's a little disappointing as a holiday shade for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

awesome color! i really wanted to get in on the new pale green colors this season and found this to be a good alternative of MAC peppermint patti and chanel jade. i haven't found a dupe of this yet, so it's a pretty unique shade. only problem i had was that the formula was on the thick side, and i used 3 coats (i normally do 2). also, i noticed that it's definitely more green then blue, although at times when i'm looking at it, i see more blue. it reminds me of china glaze's for audrey, but they're totally different.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

i LOVE this color. i constantly crave wearing it even though i have a million different colors. 3 coats was great for me and wear was excellent.