February 1, 2015 | 1613 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by asofterversion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this color. I saw the Chanel Jade and have been searching for this color ever since! I don't like the formula as it was very hard to work with, but the color makes me overlook this. Also, too expensive for what you get. Will buy again just for the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this color. It's a beautiful minty green color that is pretty much like a lighter, creamier colored version of MAC's Peppermint Patti. I found that it took 3 coats to get it to a full coverage, though I liked it better with 4 coats. I didn't mind, though I think some people do. It is not clumpy at all nor is it streaky. I don't know why some people are having issues with that; it must be something with the batches. Anyhow, I love this color and if I feel like I'll wear it enough I'll get a backup!
**Note: Would like to add that I think it goes well with my skin tone. I was worried as I am yellow and warm toned, but I think it looks nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by HelloKinky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Essie polish and I absolutely looove this color! The formula was good and after 4 days I only had minimal tip wear. I applied 3 thin coats to reach full opacity but, I am sure 2 thicker coats would work. My only complaint is that the brush is a little "thin" but, I am willing to overlook it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by rory13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is adorable! I love the pale green as a change from my usual fall and winter dark colors. It will also be a great spring and summer color. I can't wait to see how nice it looks with a tan!

It was a tiny bit streaky on the first coat, but the second coat plus SV evened it out nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by kportiera

really amazing color. this is my favortite holiday color for 09. good coverage, after 2 coats. wears very well. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by trc11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color!!!! I saw the MAC peppermint patty and I really wanted to get that when it came out, but I never had the time. Then I saw that Essie came out with a color similar to it and I knew that I had to buy it! I only did one coat and I feel that it came out fine (I was in a rush so I didn't have time to do more). I would DEFINITELY buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well blow me down, an Essie polish that I actually like! Normally I have terrible luck with this brand so I try to avoid it as a rule, but sometimes they put out a Really Good Colour that I just have to have. Mint Candy Apple falls into that category, which is why I took a chance on it... and hey, it paid off! Very cute pale green shade, I find it unique. So many magazines and blogs were promoting pale green as the big thing this Fall but honestly, I never see anyone wearing this colour. I get lots of compliments on it myself, though! The formula is fine, not thick the way I usually find Essie polishes. I wouldn't mind a wider brush but whatever, I can make it work. I think this product is very fun, and a nice change of pace from the usual slushy neutrals or vampy darks you normally see this time of year. Who cares what the season is, wear the colours you like!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lillovelygrl33

I LOVE this color! I picked it up at the nail salon last week, and was very pleased with how it looked once my manicure was finished. It's a gorgeous, creamy almost Tiffany blue green color. I've gotten tons and tons of compliments on it, it's a fresh change for fall and I think it would look lovely year round.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by xianghua

I was searching high and low for this color ever since I began seeing ads for it in magazines months ago. After finally finding a lone bottle at Ulta, I was so disappointed! It's just mint green, not even a "special" mint green, just blah IMO. I cannot really understand why this color would be released at Christmas, since it seems much more of a spring shade to me. This might look cute with a tan come summer, but it's a little disappointing as a holiday shade for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

awesome color! i really wanted to get in on the new pale green colors this season and found this to be a good alternative of MAC peppermint patti and chanel jade. i haven't found a dupe of this yet, so it's a pretty unique shade. only problem i had was that the formula was on the thick side, and i used 3 coats (i normally do 2). also, i noticed that it's definitely more green then blue, although at times when i'm looking at it, i see more blue. it reminds me of china glaze's for audrey, but they're totally different.