Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

others have described this perfectly with words like "seafoam" and "vespa scooter." got my mani done with this yesterday at the salon and i absolutely love it. against my skin, the color seems a skosh bluer than it looks in the bottle (NC30-35-ish, for reference). with shorter nail lengths and well-maintained cuticles, this color is fine for the not-so-conservative-yet-not-casual-or-artsy workplace environments.

I thought that green nail polish would be weird until I saw Chanel's Jade polish but since I didn't want to run risk of paying $16+ on a color that I might not like forever, I found a better alternative in Essie. In person, Mint Candy Apple seems to have a hint of blue tones in it but fear not, it looks very minty green on the nails. I was very pleased with how fresh and unique the hue is--great for an interesting winter shade on the nails when you want to be funky yet keep it soft...then swipe it on your toes during the summer time--it will really make your tan pop minus the cliche neon hot pink pedi every other girl on the beach has. I am very pleased with Essie's Mint Candy Apple and I would not recommend this to my girl friends because I am a greedy nail polish hogger who does not want to see anyone else to have this gorgeous pretty color on their nails haha!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this from Ulta. I have a mini bottle from a holiday collection. I love this color and I like the formula even better. It's a creme forumla that applies evenly after two coats. Lasts about 4-5 days without chipping when used with the Essie top / bottom coat that came in the kit. I would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Just like the person below I got this at ULTA for $3;99! I have eyeballing this color for about a month now but everytime I would go to get it they never had it!!! So today not even did I find it I got it for a cheaper price! I agree it almost like for Audrey except this is a greener version...I love it...I would definately buy it again!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I got this product on sale at ulta for 3.99$ and it is a beautiful light mint green. It reminds me of china glaze's for audrey but more green and less blue. It kinda of reminds me of the color of a Tiffany& co. box. This is probably my new favorite polish because you only need two coats for a perfect finish. Worth the buy, for sure!

I loved the color the second I saw it. It's a super pretty pale mint green, maybe leaning ever so slightly toward having a blue tint to it. The application was nice and smooth & the creamy finish was pretty, but the color overall just wasn't flattering on me. I got a few compliments on it, but I thought it made my pale skin look somewhat off, so I probably won't be buying it again.

The color of this stuff is just lovely. It's a beautiful kind of blueish green. I've gotten so manly compliments. It also lasts. I've had it on two of my fingers since saturday with minimal chipping and I type and use my fingers quite a bit.

It does take forever long to dry though and you need a good two coats. Also 8 dollars is a bit steep but I feel it's totally worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

LOVE IT! I find CG For Audrey a little too blue and overpowering- this is a vibrant yet unique color that is sure to get compliments. Comes out opaque in one coat...the formula is a little too runny but I'm fine with that as, like almost all polishes, it is sure to get thicker over time. I hope it becomes a permanent color!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this!! Seafoam (as I like to call it) is my favourite colour and I have been looking for a polish this colour for so long. Usually its hard to find the special edition ones in Canada, but I tracked it down and bought it the moment I saw it in a magazine.

I just with the brush was a little bigger.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This polish took my Essie virginity. Actually, this polish took my high-end virginity too, as prior to it, I had only drugstore polishes.

Looooooooooooooooove it. So much. Besides it being a friggin gorgeous unique color, the application is smooth and buttery and it resisted chips very well on me. It played nicely with Seche Vite.

I still haven't tried OPIs (soon, very soon *rubs hand together*) but based on my very small foray into salon polishes, I think Essie just might be my dream formula. I liked it better than the China Glazes I've tried (admittedly, not many, mind you). Now if only they had more color variety than 800 sheer pinks. :-/

Top Rated Essie Products