September 20, 2014 | 1718 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by trc11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color!!!! I saw the MAC peppermint patty and I really wanted to get that when it came out, but I never had the time. Then I saw that Essie came out with a color similar to it and I knew that I had to buy it! I only did one coat and I feel that it came out fine (I was in a rush so I didn't have time to do more). I would DEFINITELY buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well blow me down, an Essie polish that I actually like! Normally I have terrible luck with this brand so I try to avoid it as a rule, but sometimes they put out a Really Good Colour that I just have to have. Mint Candy Apple falls into that category, which is why I took a chance on it... and hey, it paid off! Very cute pale green shade, I find it unique. So many magazines and blogs were promoting pale green as the big thing this Fall but honestly, I never see anyone wearing this colour. I get lots of compliments on it myself, though! The formula is fine, not thick the way I usually find Essie polishes. I wouldn't mind a wider brush but whatever, I can make it work. I think this product is very fun, and a nice change of pace from the usual slushy neutrals or vampy darks you normally see this time of year. Who cares what the season is, wear the colours you like!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lillovelygrl33

I LOVE this color! I picked it up at the nail salon last week, and was very pleased with how it looked once my manicure was finished. It's a gorgeous, creamy almost Tiffany blue green color. I've gotten tons and tons of compliments on it, it's a fresh change for fall and I think it would look lovely year round.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by xianghua

I was searching high and low for this color ever since I began seeing ads for it in magazines months ago. After finally finding a lone bottle at Ulta, I was so disappointed! It's just mint green, not even a "special" mint green, just blah IMO. I cannot really understand why this color would be released at Christmas, since it seems much more of a spring shade to me. This might look cute with a tan come summer, but it's a little disappointing as a holiday shade for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

awesome color! i really wanted to get in on the new pale green colors this season and found this to be a good alternative of MAC peppermint patti and chanel jade. i haven't found a dupe of this yet, so it's a pretty unique shade. only problem i had was that the formula was on the thick side, and i used 3 coats (i normally do 2). also, i noticed that it's definitely more green then blue, although at times when i'm looking at it, i see more blue. it reminds me of china glaze's for audrey, but they're totally different.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

i LOVE this color. i constantly crave wearing it even though i have a million different colors. 3 coats was great for me and wear was excellent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

I love this color. It is similar to MAC Peppermint Patti. However, my bottle was extremely thick and streaky, yet runny. If I did thin coats, then it became even more streaky and uneven, but if I did thick coats, then it bubbled. It took me 2 thin coats, a thick coat, and a coat of Seche Vite for this to work.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by cracksomeSKULLS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For the first time ever, I took this polish off (about a week old...) and repainted my nails with it again. I cannot get enough of it! I just adore it. Goes on evenly, covers well (I still do the standard 2 coats, though) and I just know I'll keep wearing it through the holidays. Hopefully longer :-)

Keep it up Essie!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

I usually use Essie Mademoiselle and neutral colors on my hands. However, when I saw this beautiful minty soft green I could not resist. There's something special and different about this color that got my attention. This kind of color is new to me. Already received compliments on it. I did two coats and the quality is excellent with a top coat. Really happy with this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a little surprised at my own review because aquamarine is my favorite color so I thought this would be something I would love! I thought it was gonna be a minty green w/ New Orleans nostalgia (They should've named it Mint Julep mmm). However, the base of Essie MCApple is white, so it makes it look really kind of juvenile instead of chic. Like other reviewers said, it's more robins egg blue than green- kind of an aquamarine. It just reminds me of something I would've worn when I was 12. It did paint on better than I expected since most Essie nail polishes are streaky-this wasn't and you can probably get away with one coat. Unfortunately it actually takes forever to dry. A little disappointed, and I just can't get over the white base of this polish.