July 25, 2014 | 1927 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by xianghua

I was searching high and low for this color ever since I began seeing ads for it in magazines months ago. After finally finding a lone bottle at Ulta, I was so disappointed! It's just mint green, not even a "special" mint green, just blah IMO. I cannot really understand why this color would be released at Christmas, since it seems much more of a spring shade to me. This might look cute with a tan come summer, but it's a little disappointing as a holiday shade for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

awesome color! i really wanted to get in on the new pale green colors this season and found this to be a good alternative of MAC peppermint patti and chanel jade. i haven't found a dupe of this yet, so it's a pretty unique shade. only problem i had was that the formula was on the thick side, and i used 3 coats (i normally do 2). also, i noticed that it's definitely more green then blue, although at times when i'm looking at it, i see more blue. it reminds me of china glaze's for audrey, but they're totally different.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

i LOVE this color. i constantly crave wearing it even though i have a million different colors. 3 coats was great for me and wear was excellent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

I love this color. It is similar to MAC Peppermint Patti. However, my bottle was extremely thick and streaky, yet runny. If I did thin coats, then it became even more streaky and uneven, but if I did thick coats, then it bubbled. It took me 2 thin coats, a thick coat, and a coat of Seche Vite for this to work.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by cracksomeSKULLS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For the first time ever, I took this polish off (about a week old...) and repainted my nails with it again. I cannot get enough of it! I just adore it. Goes on evenly, covers well (I still do the standard 2 coats, though) and I just know I'll keep wearing it through the holidays. Hopefully longer :-)

Keep it up Essie!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

I usually use Essie Mademoiselle and neutral colors on my hands. However, when I saw this beautiful minty soft green I could not resist. There's something special and different about this color that got my attention. This kind of color is new to me. Already received compliments on it. I did two coats and the quality is excellent with a top coat. Really happy with this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a little surprised at my own review because aquamarine is my favorite color so I thought this would be something I would love! I thought it was gonna be a minty green w/ New Orleans nostalgia (They should've named it Mint Julep mmm). However, the base of Essie MCApple is white, so it makes it look really kind of juvenile instead of chic. Like other reviewers said, it's more robins egg blue than green- kind of an aquamarine. It just reminds me of something I would've worn when I was 12. It did paint on better than I expected since most Essie nail polishes are streaky-this wasn't and you can probably get away with one coat. Unfortunately it actually takes forever to dry. A little disappointed, and I just can't get over the white base of this polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by silenceincolour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted Chanel's Jade and literally missed out on buying it by several hours. After that, I was determined to get a light green, and when I saw Essie's Mint Candy Apple, I thought I'd buy it when I went to Ulta. It's a little bluer than I wanted (in comparison to Jade), but it's an absolutely gorgeous color, and I'm extremely happy with it. It goes on very well- is almost opaque in one coat. I found that putting Essie's Matte About You over it makes the green show up more, so I tend to wear it matte. This color is gorgeous regardless and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by lavenderbleu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really cute color. I love anything light green and green/blue and this color definitely fits in that category. It actually looks slightly more blue and slightly darker once applied, than in the bottle though. I wish it were a bit lighter, but I still like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by amnichols2

<3 this color! I missed out on Peppermint Patti, and ever since I've been looking everywhere for the perfect mint green. I literally spent all summer trying to track something down, and I was so excited when I found ads for this in several November issues of different magazines. I went to Ulta bright and early the day that it was released, picked up a bottle, and finally tried it today. LOVE IT. The color is a perfect cool mint, and it went on with 2 coats; it's not streaky at all. I guess this is going to break up my usual winter rotation of dark green, dark purple, and dark wine!