July 31, 2014 | 1880 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by jeniphooo

This product is amazing. I was struggling with miniature bumps on my forehead and the this cleared it up within a month. I no longer have obvious whiteheads on my nose and pimples are rare. It does a very thorough job cleansing but it can feel a bit harsh. When my skin is really dry, I tend to stay away from the clarisonic even though I use the sensitive brush. I use it in combination with the gel cleanser in the kit. Works amazing! I couldn't imagine being without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Straighttalk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is great for men, women, anyone for any concern. It gently dislodges debris out of your skin, and lightly exfoliates as you wash your face. Using it every day allows all of your skincare products to work efficiently and effectively. Unlike knock offs this products brush oscillates back and forth releasing impurities from the skin. The knock offs spin, which stretches the skin which will in fact weaken the skin causing loss of elasticity. If you are going to buy a cleansing brush there is only one brand you should trust. It's Clarisonic.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using the Mia for over a year now and wouldn't be without it. I previously used Olay's face brush and this is such an improvement. I use the sensitive skin brush because of my fickle skin and the fact that I'm 54. My skin is softer and smoother and my pores look smaller. If I go without using the Mia I can tell it. It holds a charge for a long time- I think I've charged it 4 times in the past year. I use my cleanser and my exfoliator with it. Really got rid of the dry, flaky areas around my nose. I started out using it once a day and now use it twice daily. It was definitely costly but is well made and I expect it to last many years. I purchased mine at Ulta just in case I didn't like it........they have a great return policy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by kykelly322

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My mom bought this for me 2 years ago and I must say, I'm impressed. I didn't think it would do much, but after a week of use, my skin texture changed. Any blackheads I had were gone and my pores did shrink slightly. I wish I had the one for the body because I would love this for my back. It also holds a charge for a really long time. Major bonus!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but for me the Clairsonic Mia was a colossal waste of money. I ha it over 2 months and returned it. Spent money on better facial cleaning products. When I used it, maybe the bristles moved too fast because it certainly didn't I wanted to fit in and love it sooo badly! Alas, I did not fall in love. When I used it my face did feel clean. Too clean. Like every oil had been stripped from it. I only used twice a week (for fear of overuse) and brokeout immediately. The breakouts did not get better as I expected. I had the deep cleaning head and switched to the sensitive skin head expecting better results, which never came. Since I have stopped using it my face is much calmer. I have the much less expensive Olay Pro X cleansing tool and like it a lot better! I love the way the bristles feel, and its more comfortable to use in your hand. The Mia was great looking with a cool charger, but it felt huge when trying to use it in the shower. And very slippery. People have been using their hands for years and years now. Ill continue the trend.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by shellngu2003

Since it is nearly 8 weeks that I have been using Clarisonic Mia, I think it is probably time to write a review. I use it twice a day, right after I wake up and after shower in the evening. I noticed some improvement just after one week but didnt want to conclude right away that it is from the use of clarisonic. Normally I will get a few acnes on my cheek and chin every now and then, worse when I have my period. Leave scars easily due to big zits which I was very unhappy about. Thank God i discover this superb brush. Now my acne gets smaller and nearly go unnoticeable. Scars too improve tremendously. My skin gets smoother and much more radiant. Oh another thing is that blackheads n my nose reduce in amount. Although i wish it will totally clear up all the blackheads but I dont think there is such miraculous product. If any of you have found a perfect product to remove all blackheads, do let me know. ;) I think I have raved enough about this brush. I do think it is a good investment if you have problematic skin normally such as mine with acne which leaves scars after. The reason why I say this is that I changed so much products since my teenage years till now. E.g. pro activ, Dior, Clinique, loccitane etc None of them really clear up my acne. Although this brush is quite pricey at first, all the products I bought end up costing me more than it. Currently I am just using a reasonably priced pharmacy brand, Eucerine with Clarisonic and I am happy with the result. Anyway, good luck people n stay pretty :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by ashleytreece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love my Clarisonic! I started getting these tiny bumps under my skin on my cheeks and random dry patches of skin. I got a Clarisonic Mia and it saved my skin! I've used it for about a year now and still love it. It feels like my skin is truly clean, and I notice a difference in how my makeup applies if I go a couple of days without using it. The Mia has worked great for me and I see no reason why I'd need the Mia 2 or regular sized Clarisonic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by vearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Mia about 2 years ago, and I have stopped using it temporarily for a few times because I was too lazy to charge it and thought the device didn't really do anything amazing for my skin. When I first started using the Mia, I didn't notice as much improvement as I have hoped because I have pretty good skin to begin with. However, I found that whenever I stopped using the Mia, my skin condition would not be as stable and I often experience dry flakes or clogged pores. The Mia really helps to tame my skin from occasional breakouts, and I didn't notice the benefits of the Mia until I stopped using it for a while. For people with normal skin, I would say the Mia isn't a miracle worker but it is very good at maintaining the skin at its best condition. It doesn't prevent breakouts, but it speeds up the time it takes for the skin to clear up. I wouldn't say the Mia is a must have for people with normal skin as it is pretty expensive, but if you have the budget it's a great tool for taking care of your skin. However, I took off one star because the interior of my Mia developed a kind of black moldy substance after I used it for a year (even though I always take off the brush head after each use for it to air dry) and it was extremely hard to clean because you cannot disassemble the brush. I was so grossed out by it I stopped using it for a while until I cleaned it with toothpicks and swabs (a very time consuming process). So be very careful to not leave your Mia in the shower and clean it regularly. Also, I found the Deep Pore brush head to be most effective in cleaning my skin and I would recommend that brush head if your skin is not super sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by VickyLondres

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, so good. I always had good skin, tending more to oily, with occasional break out. My main concern has always been enlarged pores, which only product to ever work in " closing" then was a purifying serum from La Prairie, stupidly discontinued. Then, I moved from a cold, humid country to a very sunny, dry desert in the US, where my skin needs changed completely. In New Mexico my skin got drier, although t-zone still oilier, but also due to aging (40 now) first expression lines started to appear. So, my mother gave me a ClarisonicMia for Christmas and I've been using it for 3 days. By now I can say skin texture has dramatically improved with only 6 uses. No signs of improvements in my pores yet, but my smile lines are less noticeable already. So, I'll try to bring regular updates, if only to help those reluctant to make such an investment.

Update on June12, 2013 - I still love it. It doesn't go beyond the "dramatic" improvement on the first few days, maybe because that was when it was most needed. This is a cleaning tool, not a miracle maker. For that purpose, I still highly recommend it.

As far as changing brush heads go: I take very good care of my MIA, wash its brush after every use and always detach the head from the handle to let it dry completely. Then I leave the brush immersed in a solution with 2 spoons of Peroxide in a cup of water about once a week, to disinfect the whole thing. So far so good, it still looking, smelling and performing like new, I haven't seen the need for changing it yet. Don't waste your money on new heads, simply take better care of them and use your good judgment as to when it needs to be replaced.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by ambyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my Clarisonic Mia. Tomorow marks 1 week of use. I already see a dramtic difference in my acne prone skin. My fore-head and cheeks are clearing up! I really can't believe it because I'm only on day 6 and everything I've tried in the past seemed to not reduce my acne but only make it worse. The only thing I regret is not breaking down an purchasing this sooner. This to me has truly saved my skin. I'm beginning to feel hopeful that I too can have clear acne free skin.. I use this with the Clarisonic Hydro cleanser that came with it.

My face feels so clean. I use my Mia 3-4 times a day. Weird to say it wakes me up in the morning- my face feels squeeky clean, and I cannot go to bed without using it.

My chin area purged a little bit and then bam the bumbs were gone.