August 20, 2014 | 2020 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by chocolatecream21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic tool! it helped control the shine in my tzone as well as clearing up almost all of my acne! i would never be caught without it! while it is SUPER expensive, it is honestly worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by dellywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using my clarsonic for about eight months on my combination, rosacea skin. I have to say the sensitive brush head that came with my Mia didn't really do a great deal. My skin felt more exfoliated and better washed but it wasn't a huge difference. I switched to a deep pore cleansing brush - and wow - what a difference. I was expecting this brush to be rougher and harsher on my skin but it feels as soft to me as the sensitive head really. My skin has cleared up a lot since I've been using it - fewer dry patches, fewer milia and spots, and more radiant. I guess this brush head works much better for my skin. It has in no way aggravated my rosacea, but it definitely hasn't improved it in any way either. I had no expectations that it would so no worries! Pretty happy now, as I was a bit concerned I'd wasted money on my clarisonic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

I received the Mia as a gift and definitely experienced benefits! It improved skin radiance, texture, and eliminated dry patches on my combo complexion. Pre-Mia, my skin was decent/good but slightly dull with dry patches and flakes. Post-Mia, when added to my routine of gentle glycolic face wash (Mario Badescu), evening Rx retinol (Renova), and a moisturizer and sunscreen (Amore Pacific), my skin's overall condition got much nicer! It is smoother, makeup looks better, and bare skin looks supple, soft, and glowy. I only use it every 2-3 days to prevent overexfoliation and barely skim my skin, per my derm, and it has really been great for my complexion.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Kerrieyre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WOW!!! What a great little tool! I have nothing bad to say about it! Except it just didnt do it for me. I have super dry skin and it says its great even for that but i just didnt see that greatness! I cleanses really well and my skin felt so lovely and clean but as far as i could see, that was all it did do for me. Unfortunately i cannot justify the cost when it just made my skin feel nice and clean. my muslin cloth does that really well! And since my skin is so dry, there are virtually no big dirty deep pores to clean out. As most people say they had the "break-out" phase. my skin doesnt even produce oil to go thru that phase so it was a no go for me. i even used it only twice a week to see if that helped but no difference in my skin. I feel it has been designed with the oily skin in mind which is why that skin type will see biggest improvement but sadly not me. very clever and luxury concept.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by jeniphooo

This product is amazing. I was struggling with miniature bumps on my forehead and the this cleared it up within a month. I no longer have obvious whiteheads on my nose and pimples are rare. It does a very thorough job cleansing but it can feel a bit harsh. When my skin is really dry, I tend to stay away from the clarisonic even though I use the sensitive brush. I use it in combination with the gel cleanser in the kit. Works amazing! I couldn't imagine being without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Straighttalk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is great for men, women, anyone for any concern. It gently dislodges debris out of your skin, and lightly exfoliates as you wash your face. Using it every day allows all of your skincare products to work efficiently and effectively. Unlike knock offs this products brush oscillates back and forth releasing impurities from the skin. The knock offs spin, which stretches the skin which will in fact weaken the skin causing loss of elasticity. If you are going to buy a cleansing brush there is only one brand you should trust. It's Clarisonic.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using the Mia for over a year now and wouldn't be without it. I previously used Olay's face brush and this is such an improvement. I use the sensitive skin brush because of my fickle skin and the fact that I'm 54. My skin is softer and smoother and my pores look smaller. If I go without using the Mia I can tell it. It holds a charge for a long time- I think I've charged it 4 times in the past year. I use my cleanser and my exfoliator with it. Really got rid of the dry, flaky areas around my nose. I started out using it once a day and now use it twice daily. It was definitely costly but is well made and I expect it to last many years. I purchased mine at Ulta just in case I didn't like it........they have a great return policy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by kykelly322

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My mom bought this for me 2 years ago and I must say, I'm impressed. I didn't think it would do much, but after a week of use, my skin texture changed. Any blackheads I had were gone and my pores did shrink slightly. I wish I had the one for the body because I would love this for my back. It also holds a charge for a really long time. Major bonus!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but for me the Clairsonic Mia was a colossal waste of money. I ha it over 2 months and returned it. Spent money on better facial cleaning products. When I used it, maybe the bristles moved too fast because it certainly didn't I wanted to fit in and love it sooo badly! Alas, I did not fall in love. When I used it my face did feel clean. Too clean. Like every oil had been stripped from it. I only used twice a week (for fear of overuse) and brokeout immediately. The breakouts did not get better as I expected. I had the deep cleaning head and switched to the sensitive skin head expecting better results, which never came. Since I have stopped using it my face is much calmer. I have the much less expensive Olay Pro X cleansing tool and like it a lot better! I love the way the bristles feel, and its more comfortable to use in your hand. The Mia was great looking with a cool charger, but it felt huge when trying to use it in the shower. And very slippery. People have been using their hands for years and years now. Ill continue the trend.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by shellngu2003

Since it is nearly 8 weeks that I have been using Clarisonic Mia, I think it is probably time to write a review. I use it twice a day, right after I wake up and after shower in the evening. I noticed some improvement just after one week but didnt want to conclude right away that it is from the use of clarisonic. Normally I will get a few acnes on my cheek and chin every now and then, worse when I have my period. Leave scars easily due to big zits which I was very unhappy about. Thank God i discover this superb brush. Now my acne gets smaller and nearly go unnoticeable. Scars too improve tremendously. My skin gets smoother and much more radiant. Oh another thing is that blackheads n my nose reduce in amount. Although i wish it will totally clear up all the blackheads but I dont think there is such miraculous product. If any of you have found a perfect product to remove all blackheads, do let me know. ;) I think I have raved enough about this brush. I do think it is a good investment if you have problematic skin normally such as mine with acne which leaves scars after. The reason why I say this is that I changed so much products since my teenage years till now. E.g. pro activ, Dior, Clinique, loccitane etc None of them really clear up my acne. Although this brush is quite pricey at first, all the products I bought end up costing me more than it. Currently I am just using a reasonably priced pharmacy brand, Eucerine with Clarisonic and I am happy with the result. Anyway, good luck people n stay pretty :)