December 20, 2014 | 1537 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
Good staying power
Cheap

Cons:
Brush too thick for accurate or thin application
Brush beings to fall apart after a few application
Watery Formula

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

E.L.F. liquid e/l in black:

This product is only $1, I got mine at Target. What I dislike about the e/l is that it does stay watery longer than I am accustomed to. I think that the felt tip is also a little too wide. While I was working with it it smudged onto my lids:( So, ITA w/ the review below mine.

However, I decided to use this over my eyeshadow to deepen my crease and it worked perfect. First, it stays semi wet long enough to blend it out over my e/s without going everywhere. I used an Essence of Beauty Crease brush. Then, I use a dark black shadow (MAC Carbon) to deepen my crease on top of the blended out e/l. The end result is I have intensity exactly where I want it, I don't have to pack on black e/s and blend, blend, blend forever to finish my eye m/u and I have a "base" for my black to adhere to - making it last longer.

I give it a 3. I love that it is blendable and that I found another use for this - but precision is not the liquid e/l strong suit.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by logicoflove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this cos it was only a dollar & cos i've heard good things about it. it definitely didn't live up to the hype. the formula was watery & difficult to work with, & not very opaque.

i work in a kitchen, & i need makeup that lasts through sweat & greasy air. this liner wore off after like two hours, maybe even less than that. i was really disappointed, tbh.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by ChynnaM09

This way okay. I don't think the color is very pigmented though and it kinda smudges easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in a set. The set had 3 liquid liners (black, brown, plum) and 2 pencils for 5 bucks, so you can't beat that. I wore the black today for nearly 12 hours and it didn't budge, smudge or fade! The black is a nice black and the applicator (felt tip, not brush) makes a nice line. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because I don't love the applicator-for some reason it's a little difficult for me to hold but I think that might be just me. This is a good product for a great price and I'm looking forward to using the other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few weeks now. This is a nice basic black liquid liner. The formula is thin and a bit watery-feeling, but I haven't noticed it being too particularly sheer or anything. The applicator is a felt tip and the cap is comfortable to hold while applying. I find it easy to make nice, even lines with this liner. I notice only very minimal (hardly detectable) fading after 6+ hours, I'd describe more as a "lightening" of the liner as it becomes less jet-black - but it's really not noticeable to others. It hasn't smudged on me, ever. Overall I'm really satisfied with this product. It gets the job done just as well as more expensive liquid liners I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by mariab79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking to try this and finally I got the chance bc I picked up the last one one day at target. Its impossible to find and now I know y..its awsome!! I love it been using it for a week and it goes on great nice and dark. I hope I see these again I will stock up. Better than loreal carbon black hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by poikilotherm

Most people don't like this, but I love it. It works so well for me. It's not hard to use if you like felt brushes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by RedCinders

PROS: 1) The applicator is great. Pointed and firm. Applies easily. 2) It's Super Cheap! Only A Dollar! :-)

CONS: 1) Formula is SO watery and the pigment is not thick! This is a major drawback because the color doesn't go on solidly and is see-through. Even when trying to apply multiple coats to darken the color, the new layer washes away the old one and you are in the same place. This also means the line does not last. It's off my eyes, smudged or fading (and I don't touch my eyes much) within a couple of hours. :-(

VERDICT - THUMBS DOWN! This formula might be good for a first time liquid liner user. It's easy to apply, extremely easy to remove (so easy it does it itself :-/ ), but anyone who wants a dark, dramatic eye-line (the point of this type of product really) needs to spend a couple of extra dollars on anything else. This is a waste of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by magdvn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like a lot of other ladies, I bought this liquid eyeliner on a whim while I was shopping at Target. It's ONE dollar, so why not, right? I was pleasantly surprised. It goes on really smooth, creating a solid black line. The staying power is what surprised me the most. This eyeliner stays put on my eyelids until I take my makeup off, whereas the popular Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner is very faded and smeared by the end of the day.

But, this product is very difficult to put on. It's too watery and I find myself wiping the tip off on a paper towel several times before beginning to line my eye.

Overall, if you're looking for a VERY cheap liquid eyeliner that will do the job once you get it on your eyelids, then try this product.