E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner - Black

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water(Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Xathan Gum, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 9/5/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is way too watery to make a thin line. Plus the applicator in mine was frazzled and hard to use. I didn't like this at all.

on 8/27/2011 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know if this is exactly the same eyeliner I bought because the bottle looks a little different. I got this one because I was looking for a precise thin liquid eyeliner. It's super cheap so I wasn't too disappointed that the color wasn't as good of a quality as my l'oreal black liquid liner but it gave me the thin line I was looking for. I use it a lot for my cat eyes and it's great for making a thin line on the top just in my lashes. It does what I need so I'd buy it again.

on 8/12/2011 12:38:00 AM

the only reason i said i would buy it again because its only a dollar.....its easy to apply but the formula is so sheer and when i try to put another coat of it on it removes the first coat :(

on 8/11/2011 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This applies really well but it doesn't stay on at all. I don't know if I just got one from a bad batch because I have this in brown and that one is much better. I don't know. But for $1, maybe I'll try it again.

on 8/5/2011 2:32:00 PM

I got this for a dollar and i didn't really use it because the product was watery/runny. and i didn't want that on my eyes because they would drool. The brush is ok ehhh..

on 7/28/2011 10:05:00 AM

I was really excited about this product because it was so cheap but I was really unsatisfied with the quality. It didn't stay on my waterline for very long and the line was too thin to do anything fancy on the upper lid. It might be a good gift for a young girl new to makeup so she can learn the basics.

on 7/23/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

wow, this liquid liner is amazing! the only con is that it doesn't dry that fast. i think this liner would be easier for thin lines.

the pen is really good, i only like these kind of pens. it's easy to handle! the packaging is sleek black, pretty simple.

on 7/13/2011 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This eyeliner is fine if you want to draw a very thin line. However if you are trying to create a winged effect, it's not a very good liner. It seems fine initially, but then doesn't stay on the eyelid. I was really hoping to like it, because of the price. But I won't be buying it again, bec. it just doesn't work.

on 7/11/2011 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I was amazed by this product. I received the black liquid liner in a kit and figured it for a 'throwaway'. One evening...after findng my PF Marker Liner dry, I gave this a whirl and loved it. I expected this to fade, itch and swell my eyes up as 99.9% of liquid liners seem to do.
(I am highly allergic to most liquid liners either regular, pen or marker types) To my surprise, it stayed on until I took it off 14 hours later.....no itching, swelling or smudging! I also noticed no creepy drying effect on the lashline....especially with over 40 eyes.

Here's how I applied it: Used ELF Mineral Eye Primer and ELF Studio Cream Shadow in Candlelight and let that set for a minute or so. (My theory on the liner was to use other ELF products to check the staying power.) I then started using the liner...with the stiff stick thingy it comes with.... thinking...oh boy this isnt going to go well. And at first, I was annoyed with it...but when I started using a light touch...I actually liked it more than any of the marker liners I have used. I did a nice wing with it and let it dry...then layered it up with a little of the black shadow from the Essential Drama Quad I received as a freebie....then used the shadow under the eye as a liner. After a little more shadow contouring ect....it looked perfect!!!

After a few uses to make sure it was not a fluke, I decided to try the Plum and Brown colors and they are great as well. I have used other primers and eyeshadows from UD, MAC, Stila, WNW, etc. with these liners. In fact, the most gorgeous look was the Plum liner with the WNW Lust Palette - using the dark egglplant sparkle color lightly over the liner on the top lid and just a tad of that same shadow on the bottom lashline. My SO said I looked like a movie star in this look (isnt he sweet ;).

If you have one of these liquid liners at home sitting in your drawer.....get it out and try working with it. I am so glad I did!

on 7/11/2011 3:16:00 AM

Were this eyeliner more than $1, I would never buy it. BUT for a dollar, I will put up with it. I like the applicator and the amount you get for the price. However, it comes off gray on my lid, it applies sheer not opaque (who likes sheer liquid eyeliner? Seriously?), it's flaky, its staying power sucks, and it has a watery formula. Also, it applies a thick line. Sooo overall, it SUCKS, but a $1 price tag can't be beat!