E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner - Black

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water(Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Xathan Gum, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm not really that impressed with the product considering the fact that I've used a lot of great liquid eyeliners from more expensive drugstore brands before like L'Oreal and Maybelline. But given the price, it's not as bad. First up, this thing isn't really waterproof, but to an extent, it is a bit smudgeproof, meaning, it will last you the whole day, if your eyes aren't watery and you don't rub your eyes constantly throughout the day. When applied, it goes on smoothly, but it's not as pigmented that you could line your whole upper lashline in one go, you'd have to dip the applicator multiple times. Speaking of the applicator, I like the felt tip, but it is very hard, unlike the L'Oreal Superliner felt tip that for me, is still the easiest and best way to apply the perfect wing liner. I purchased two of these, the tip of one was a bit blunt so that was really frustrating creating a thin line with it, but the second one was thin enough so that kindda worked well with me. But all in all, a so-so product, but if you're a fan of ELF, I suggest, go try their Studio Line Gel Liner instead of this one, that's a WAY better product.

on 12/12/2011 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I was not a big fan of this eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner is a big part of my everyday makeup look. So when trying this I found that the color was really pigmented, but it dried to a shiny black, instead of a matte or satin black which I prefer. I like Revlon ColorStay liquid liner much better than this.

on 12/9/2011 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am definately a liquid eyeliner girl, many days that's the only makeup I wear. I've tried a bunch of different brands, but after discovering ELF's eyelier, the search is over.
I picked it up at Giant Tiger for $2.00 CDN, only bought it for the price, had no idea what to expect. To my surprise it went on nice and opaque, no need to go over it twice. Simple and good sized packaging and a nice brush. Can't beat it!

on 11/28/2011 9:29:00 PM

Love this eyeliner, tried every single liquid eyeliner from drugstores, and this is definitely my favorite especially for the price. The tip keeps its shape for a lot longer than the other drug store brands and it is watery as some reviews have said but I believe that is why the tip lasts so long as it does not dry out. For me I believe the watery effect is the reason why it works so well. It goes on very very smoothly and the lines are easier for me to do. This is not for people who like a very thin eyeline though this is more for the scene type eyeliner or arabic style eyes. I am sure there is something better out there but for now with the economy the way it is this is going to remain the only eyeliner I use out of all the other drugstore brands.

on 11/25/2011 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this was my first liquid eyeliner. since it was so cheap, i decided to give it a try and i can say that it wasnt terrible. that aside, it wasnt as great as i thought it would be. i got it in "black". the first couple of strokes are black but if you try and reapply over them, the brush tends to take off the pigment that you already applied. also the formula is very liquidy and therefore makes it kind of hard to apply. maybe its just because im not as experienced but everytime i try applying it, i feel like i just make a big mess. on the other hand, it does stay for a very long time and is easily removed with some makeup remover or just some water.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The overall product is rubish to make it work i used my old barry m brush once i did that it worked brilliant i woudnt suggest it for begginers due to the fact it is watery

on 11/12/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This was the first eyeliner I ever used, and I really liked it. Then I started using other liners, but bought this again recently. I think its gotten even better then when I first bought it! The brush is a lot more flexible, and it stays on forever BUT comes off easily with water :) Pretty great for $1

on 11/8/2011 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been wearing this product for about two year. And i really love this eyeliner. Cause its very black for my medium skin tone. Easy to apply, the tip pretty hard make it easier to apply which i've been looking for. And the price is absolutely cheap, compared to another hard tip liquid eyeliner such as Revlon. That's what made this eyeliner my favourite liner, hard tip, and cheap! which is hard to find. But it has several flaws. The package looks cheap as cheap as it price. It's not waterproof, but it's quite safe as long as u don't rub your eyes with hand or water. If u just splashed it with water, it perfectly fine. It doesnt last all day, but well it last for like 7hours, enough for me. Oh one more why i love this eyeliner, cause i'm not the type of everyday makeup girl. so i need a make up that will long last after i open the package. And this eyeliner surely does. Believe it or not, my first elf liquid eyeliner , totally became dried after more than a year. whch is amazing. so yes i will always buy this eyeliner

on 10/11/2011 10:34:00 AM

at first i wasn't sure if it would do the job considering it was only a dollar but i decided to give it a try. i mean, it's only a dollar and i'm glad i purchased it. not only is it cheap, but it does it's job. i love this product and i will certainly purchase it again. it's perfect for hot summer days. when i use gel liners, it starts to wear off and crease during hot days so this liner has become my alternative for warmer days.

on 10/9/2011 10:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

To start with the positive, this product is very cheap for what you get, so even if it was the worst product out there you just lose a dollar. Given the shape of the brush it is very easy to apply and unless you rub your eyes it will not smudge.

The problem I have with this product is that it takes a few strokes to get the right amount of color on your lids. For some reason it doesn't apply evenly no matter what you do, meaning you have to apply several coats before you get the pitch black color. Personally, I hate this because if I screw up on any of those strokes, I either have to start all over again or change my other eye as well.