July 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Pearlywolf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've heard a lot about this eyeliner, and I finally decided to try it out.
Positive stuff: It's SO cheap! You could actually buy 7 of them for the price of an eyeliner from the body shop, and there is so much of the colour in the package, that you could use it for a great while.

Negative stuff: But when all the good things are mentioned, then I have to say that it sucks a bit. When I do a second stroke on the first line, it removes some of the colour. So then it looks pretty uneven on my eyes and I have to pad some of the colour on. Also the brush isn't doing its job at all, so I'm using a brush from another eyeliner.

But it's survivalable

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

my go to black liner...love it....works very well....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by taradrienne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This isn't the worse eyeliner out there. For $1, it's really a good deal. It's not my favorite, but it works. I like how it is very black. It takes a while to dry, which is a con, but after that, it doesn't really smudge or budge. Another con is the applicator, it makes it difficult to create a thin line, so my eyeliner sometimes comes out too thick \= I'd rather start with skinny lines then build them thicker. But overall, it's not that bad! I might stick to this if I still like it by the time I finish it, because it's cheap. [:

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by the0beginner

Well for one, you can't say much about a product that is $1. I personally purchased it from Target in a set of three including a sliver and a plum colored liner. The application was really smooth but the product never dries? Or I would say that one false touch and product is being removed. Will easily wipe away so beware of this on rainy days! If left untouched, the liners stays for a pretty decent while... had this product on all day and haven't messed with it and found that its still there. Easily to take off at the end of the day. I would repurchase... I mean.. it's only a dollar and its not really that bad either. Giving this a three because you do have to be really careful and another thing is I really don't like the aplication handle.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Temperance87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I prefer E.L.F. liquid eyeliner to Wet n' Wild and Black Radiance and not because of it's dirt cheap price - although it is a major plus. Come on, liquid eyeliner for a buck? That's 1/3 - 1/4 the price of Black Radiance and Wet n' Wild respectively. As for packaging, E.L.F. is equivalent to the other 2 brands. But here's the kick...Wet n' Wild and Black Radiance come with an applicator that tends to "feather" after so many uses; not to mention it dries out fairly quickly compared to E.L.F. Why? I have no clue. Nobody wants an applicator wand to feather because it becomes more frustrating to create smooth straight lines which is what you really want from a liquid eyeliner. If you're looking for a smudgy look, you're better off with a gel or pencil. E.L.F. lasts just as long as Wet n' Wild and Black Radiance which typically doesn't smudge throughout the day and I can wake up the next morning with eyeliner if I don't wash it off at night. This might not be the case for individuals with oily eyelids. Here's the downfall - once you create a line it's best not to go back over it. Doing so will lift what you've already deposited and you'll feel tempted to throw the bottle across the room (haha). But this normally doesn't happen until the bottle is getting low or the wand is a little too dry. If you've never used liquid eyeliner before and you're curious, I would suggest E.L.F. just because it's decent and it's a drop in the bucket if it's not your style. And for the more advanced - I would say it's worth a try and it works well for creating cat eyes and "flicks".

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

This is crap. I got this in the holiday set with two other colors and this as well as the others is streaky. Even when I let it dry and try to do another coat it smears off the bottom layer! Then, when I removed this, it got all flaky on my washcloth. Ugh....If I'm going to use a liquid liner from ELF, its going to be their felt tip pen, which is a million times better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by paperdove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For $1, this obviously won't be the perfect eyeliner, but for the price, it's very good. This isn't ideal for days when I'm out the entire day because it wears off pretty easily. However, this is great to have when I'm going out for a small errand/stepping out for a short time and don't want to use my $10 eyeliner. It stays on decently for several hours although it tends to flake off a little on the oily parts of my lids. It's not heavy duty and the formula is wet and watery. I have to give it a few seconds to let it dry after applying. The felt tip also started fraying a little after some uses but not so much to the point where it really affected application. This is not a high quality eyeliner but it is better than I expected. (The one I use is the one in the first image.)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by AMANDAT89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a great liquid eyeliner for $1!! I use Prestige liquid eyeliner, but this is way cheaper for just about the same product. The only thin is is that I need to apply it twice to achieve the dark black color I like.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did like this product for a while, but i dont like the applicator. The brush is too stiff, and its impossible to get a thin line.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ninamichaela

I like this liner. Quick, painless and it stays put.

Perfect tips all the time when I use this liner.