November 23, 2014 | 2057 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few weeks now. This is a nice basic black liquid liner. The formula is thin and a bit watery-feeling, but I haven't noticed it being too particularly sheer or anything. The applicator is a felt tip and the cap is comfortable to hold while applying. I find it easy to make nice, even lines with this liner. I notice only very minimal (hardly detectable) fading after 6+ hours, I'd describe more as a "lightening" of the liner as it becomes less jet-black - but it's really not noticeable to others. It hasn't smudged on me, ever. Overall I'm really satisfied with this product. It gets the job done just as well as more expensive liquid liners I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by mariab79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking to try this and finally I got the chance bc I picked up the last one one day at target. Its impossible to find and now I know y..its awsome!! I love it been using it for a week and it goes on great nice and dark. I hope I see these again I will stock up. Better than loreal carbon black hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by poikilotherm

Most people don't like this, but I love it. It works so well for me. It's not hard to use if you like felt brushes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by RedCinders

PROS: 1) The applicator is great. Pointed and firm. Applies easily. 2) It's Super Cheap! Only A Dollar! :-)

CONS: 1) Formula is SO watery and the pigment is not thick! This is a major drawback because the color doesn't go on solidly and is see-through. Even when trying to apply multiple coats to darken the color, the new layer washes away the old one and you are in the same place. This also means the line does not last. It's off my eyes, smudged or fading (and I don't touch my eyes much) within a couple of hours. :-(

VERDICT - THUMBS DOWN! This formula might be good for a first time liquid liner user. It's easy to apply, extremely easy to remove (so easy it does it itself :-/ ), but anyone who wants a dark, dramatic eye-line (the point of this type of product really) needs to spend a couple of extra dollars on anything else. This is a waste of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by magdvn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like a lot of other ladies, I bought this liquid eyeliner on a whim while I was shopping at Target. It's ONE dollar, so why not, right? I was pleasantly surprised. It goes on really smooth, creating a solid black line. The staying power is what surprised me the most. This eyeliner stays put on my eyelids until I take my makeup off, whereas the popular Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner is very faded and smeared by the end of the day.

But, this product is very difficult to put on. It's too watery and I find myself wiping the tip off on a paper towel several times before beginning to line my eye.

Overall, if you're looking for a VERY cheap liquid eyeliner that will do the job once you get it on your eyelids, then try this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Emazing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried many liquid eyeliners, but thus far, this is my favorite. I wore it last night for the first time to a party. I was sweating from all the body heat and liquor and wiped my face many times. The liner managed to stay in place until I got home at 10am. That is AMAZING. I also really like the brush because its like a stiff sponge which helps in creating thin or thick lines very easy. The pigmentation is also VERY GOOD. So all this being said, I will be buying in bulk and will be testing out the other colors are reporting back. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by racheroonie

OMG OMG where has this product been all my life?! I was expecting to hate it because of the price, but it is amazing and literally most of the expensive liquid eye liners I've had. It goes on smooth and stays, doesn't flake. I love love love it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For such an inexpensive liner I'm pretty impressed by the pigmentation and quality. Lasts all day without smudging or fading on my upper lash line. The only cons are it takes forever to dry and the brush applicator is slightly too big for me to be precise with thin line application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first liquid liner I bought was from MAC. It was really hard for me to use cuz the brush was too flimsy so I put it to the side. I bought the elf one just cuz it was a dollar and just kinda put it to the side just cuz it was a dollar. My bad! I'm new to using liquid liner and this stuff is the biz! The applicator is nice and stiff but not too stiff and it makes it really easy for me to apply. And for a dollar you can't beat it. I always think that expensive make-up is better but this made me realize that you don't always have to go broke for good stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Definitely not my favorite eyeliner, but mostly because I dont prefer liquid eyeliner of any kind. I just find it difficult to work with and this formula (or at least the tube I got) seemed especially watery. It does have excellent staying power and the color payoff is awesome, but working with it is just such a pain to me.