September 22, 2014 | 957 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For such an inexpensive liner I'm pretty impressed by the pigmentation and quality. Lasts all day without smudging or fading on my upper lash line. The only cons are it takes forever to dry and the brush applicator is slightly too big for me to be precise with thin line application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first liquid liner I bought was from MAC. It was really hard for me to use cuz the brush was too flimsy so I put it to the side. I bought the elf one just cuz it was a dollar and just kinda put it to the side just cuz it was a dollar. My bad! I'm new to using liquid liner and this stuff is the biz! The applicator is nice and stiff but not too stiff and it makes it really easy for me to apply. And for a dollar you can't beat it. I always think that expensive make-up is better but this made me realize that you don't always have to go broke for good stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Definitely not my favorite eyeliner, but mostly because I dont prefer liquid eyeliner of any kind. I just find it difficult to work with and this formula (or at least the tube I got) seemed especially watery. It does have excellent staying power and the color payoff is awesome, but working with it is just such a pain to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by acc82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this liner! I don't know why it's getting bad reviews! This was the first liquid liner I used so I wouldn't say it's not for beginners. The applicator is easy to use and the color is bold, black, and long lasting. The only thing that is annoying is that it does take a little while to dry; so, you have to keep your eyes semi closed for a couple minutes. it's the best deal out there for $1.

Also, out of many of the liquid liners I have tried, this one applies more easily over thick shadow than the rest.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by senoritasatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really love this, I'm an expert with liquid liner so I don't need an expensive one to look good. Also, I'm an artist so I have a steady hand. If you aren't good with drawing on the lines though, I recommend a different brand.
But for $1, I LOVE it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Rage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you are in a pinch and don't have the 6-7 bucks to buy a better eyeliner than go ahead. However, this eyeliner is not good. The design of the bottle is poor and wastes a lot of the liquid, and the brush is terrible. I bought this because I wanted something cheap and well it was cheap. Staying power is not good either. I don't recommend you purchase this in the future. Maybe a different brush would make all the difference, but I will not buy this in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Necolarptic

I got this very cheaply, for around $2 at (Canadian) Giant Tiger. It was my first time trying a liquid eyeliner, and I love it. It's a nice lightweight wand, not a pen style. The colour is a good, intense black. It's pretty simple to get even wings off the corner of each eye. I'd repurchase. I am currently also trying a gel eyeliner with a brush to see what the comparison is like. So far, I am just upset I waited so long to try liquid eyeliner. It's not as hard as you'd think it is to apply and the results are fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love elf! yes im obsessed! i love liquid liner for when i want dramatic liner & elf is about the best so far. i love the loreal linear intese only bc the spongey brush tip thats flexible but i love brush or bristles w/ liq liner. my theory is whatever u learn w/ is what youll be most confortable w/. so elf liq liner i have both the bristle & felt tip liner & i luv the brislte brush better since i can put it on easier. the pigmentation is unreal! it stays put all day & it comes off w/ wipes olive oil etc. i love it & i have it in brown plum gold ash. ash was horrible but i think i got a dud as it happens sometimes w/ elf. i love this liner its $1! i def find the bristle brush better since the felt tip is rahter hard & as a reviewer stated it can take off some of the previous line, and you dont have to layer w/ bristles. def give it a try its the best $1 i spent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by lost25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There are plenty of overpriced eyeliners on the market right now. I loved the L'oreal Lineur Intense first, but it dries out within 3 months and had only a shockingly low 1.5 mls of product. L'oreal? How stupid do you think the customers of your products are? I definitely had nothing to lose purchasing a one dollar liquid liner. With the e.l.f. liner, the tip is sharper, the packaging sleeker, and the amount of product larger. You get 5 mls with the e.l.f. liner. I also found that the e.l.f. liner washed off as easily as with the L'oreal liner.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Pearlywolf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've heard a lot about this eyeliner, and I finally decided to try it out.
Positive stuff: It's SO cheap! You could actually buy 7 of them for the price of an eyeliner from the body shop, and there is so much of the colour in the package, that you could use it for a great while.

Negative stuff: But when all the good things are mentioned, then I have to say that it sucks a bit. When I do a second stroke on the first line, it removes some of the colour. So then it looks pretty uneven on my eyes and I have to pad some of the colour on. Also the brush isn't doing its job at all, so I'm using a brush from another eyeliner.

But it's survivalable