February 1, 2015 | 1947 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by clarene2121

the only reason i said i would buy it again because its only a dollar.....its easy to apply but the formula is so sheer and when i try to put another coat of it on it removes the first coat :(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by jellums

This applies really well but it doesn't stay on at all. I don't know if I just got one from a bad batch because I have this in brown and that one is much better. I don't know. But for $1, maybe I'll try it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by klumzyrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this for a dollar and i didn't really use it because the product was watery/runny. and i didn't want that on my eyes because they would drool. The brush is ok ehhh..

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by gabrielarod91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really excited about this product because it was so cheap but I was really unsatisfied with the quality. It didn't stay on my waterline for very long and the line was too thin to do anything fancy on the upper lid. It might be a good gift for a young girl new to makeup so she can learn the basics.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

wow, this liquid liner is amazing! the only con is that it doesn't dry that fast. i think this liner would be easier for thin lines.

the pen is really good, i only like these kind of pens. it's easy to handle! the packaging is sleek black, pretty simple.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by j3nn3y

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is fine if you want to draw a very thin line. However if you are trying to create a winged effect, it's not a very good liner. It seems fine initially, but then doesn't stay on the eyelid. I was really hoping to like it, because of the price. But I won't be buying it again, bec. it just doesn't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by FoxyNFatal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was amazed by this product. I received the black liquid liner in a kit and figured it for a 'throwaway'. One evening...after findng my PF Marker Liner dry, I gave this a whirl and loved it. I expected this to fade, itch and swell my eyes up as 99.9% of liquid liners seem to do.
(I am highly allergic to most liquid liners either regular, pen or marker types) To my surprise, it stayed on until I took it off 14 hours later.....no itching, swelling or smudging! I also noticed no creepy drying effect on the lashline....especially with over 40 eyes.

Here's how I applied it: Used ELF Mineral Eye Primer and ELF Studio Cream Shadow in Candlelight and let that set for a minute or so. (My theory on the liner was to use other ELF products to check the staying power.) I then started using the liner...with the stiff stick thingy it comes with.... thinking...oh boy this isnt going to go well. And at first, I was annoyed with it...but when I started using a light touch...I actually liked it more than any of the marker liners I have used. I did a nice wing with it and let it dry...then layered it up with a little of the black shadow from the Essential Drama Quad I received as a freebie....then used the shadow under the eye as a liner. After a little more shadow contouring ect....it looked perfect!!!

After a few uses to make sure it was not a fluke, I decided to try the Plum and Brown colors and they are great as well. I have used other primers and eyeshadows from UD, MAC, Stila, WNW, etc. with these liners. In fact, the most gorgeous look was the Plum liner with the WNW Lust Palette - using the dark egglplant sparkle color lightly over the liner on the top lid and just a tad of that same shadow on the bottom lashline. My SO said I looked like a movie star in this look (isnt he sweet ;).

If you have one of these liquid liners at home sitting in your drawer.....get it out and try working with it. I am so glad I did!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by figuresk8r92

Were this eyeliner more than $1, I would never buy it. BUT for a dollar, I will put up with it. I like the applicator and the amount you get for the price. However, it comes off gray on my lid, it applies sheer not opaque (who likes sheer liquid eyeliner? Seriously?), it's flaky, its staying power sucks, and it has a watery formula. Also, it applies a thick line. Sooo overall, it SUCKS, but a $1 price tag can't be beat!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

Not the best eyeliner. But good for the price.

You shouldn't expect much from an eyeliner that only cost a dollar. But it does pretty well for itself. I like the brush, it's easy to use. The liner itself isn't very pigmented though. It leaves a grey color rather than a black one. You have to do a few layers to get it dark. It's also pretty watery so it goes on sheer. It lasts all day for me.

Overall not bad for a $1 liquid eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by AstridLuna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The staying power is fabulous and the color is very opaque; the formula, however, is very thin and the applicator is way too thick to do anything fancy. I will repurchase because it is so easy to just slide some on my top lid and be done with it.