July 22, 2014 | 2168 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by erkybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always been disgusted with the hype over great lash mascara, but something told me I would like this. I really really did. Yes, the volume is BUILD-ABLE so it will take a few minutes to get there but the thickness and separation is superb. lacking in length, but my lashes are good on length anyways. I will keep one in my makeup drawer as long as its around.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by cjmar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am one of the few women who have never tried Great Lash. I read a review on thefrisky and decided it was worth a try. It's about $5.99 at CVS, less expensive than other drugstore mascaras. The wand is very large like a bumblebee. I have difficulties with large wands because sometimes I get it on my eyelids, this was no exception. I have to give Maybelline kudos for no clumping or spidery lashes, very few mascaras are reliable in that respect. The mascara flaked a little bit throughout the day, and for some reason irritated my eyes pretty badly (my eyes aren't very sensitive so I was surprised). I didn't find it to be that impressive of a mascara, pretty average-nothing dramatic. Although not a bad mascara, I'm just not jumping for joy over this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay to start off I used this with Shiseido Make Up Mascara Base. Then I put about 3 coats on and it have me dark black, long, defined eyelashes. A lot of mascaras that I have tried( I have tried a ton) can't do all this for 5 bucks. Didn't smudge or flake on me. My only problem is I want MORE VOLUME. I want THICK lashes!! This gives just okay volume. I will try four or 5 coats tomorrow and update! All in all, a decent mascara.

Update: So, I put five coats of this mascara on and its a pretty good mascara for five dollars, it does beat a ton of other drugstore mascara that I have tried but it doesn't do what it claims BIG LASHES. This doesn't give a ton of volume. My lashes look nice, they are very long, dark and defined but not crazy volume. So far, I like my plush lash the best.

Update: This started to smudge on me, not only on the top lashes but on the bottom. Toss this out!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, to start off: I hate the original Great Lash. I have long, thick lashes, and it does nothing for me. But since I'm a mascara junkie, I wanted to try this "new" version of Great Lash.

Pros: the brush is great--big, and a vast improvement over the original brush. The formula is thin, so it does not clump.

Cons: the formula does not really lengthen or thicken. But that's Great Lash for you.

To sum things up: the new brush is great, but the formula is still Great Lash. If you like the original, you should love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

To start off, I have sparse, medium length, stick straight lashes (sigh) so I'm always fond of products that will give more volume!

I've never tried the original Great Lash, so I can't really compare this product to the older one, but I'm going to say that I do like Great Lash BIG! It's not a particularly out of this world mascara, but it's a great everyday, volumized look for 7 dollars. I dunno, but you can't really beat that.

Not to mention, that with most volumizing mascaras I usually have to comb the heebus out of my lashes to get definition back, however with GLB--there was no problem whatsoever with clumping. I can easily get away with applying three coats of this without reaching for my lash comb once.

The staying power on my oily lidded self was great as well since it lasted throughout the day for me. Most especially with it's colour pay off, truly the blackest black I know. That's always a nice treat (not looking like a raccoon due to smudgy mascara that is) ;o)

I do plan to repurchase this item, a much better everyday volumizing mascara than the pricier ones that are upwards from 15 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by nday33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Yummy! I have longish lashes and this product really worked well for me. I love the big bristles and unlike for others, this did not clump! I have to admit, I'm a huge fan of the original version as well but feel like this is better in both quality and overall mascara distribution.

The "blackest black" is amazing...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Kandiefashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great if u have nice long lashes!!...
i found it hard to get an even coat and it doesnt layer well...

i thought with all the rave reviews and cheap price ill try...but nope! not for me

if you have short to med lenght lashes u you to try the none brush ones....more like silicons combs!!! they are our answer!

Kanadie

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure what it is about Great Lash that keeps me coming back, but no other mascara makes my lashes look as good as GL does. Now that they've improved the brush, I love it even more. The big brush makes application so much faster and easier, it just makes me love GL even more. I prefer a natural look, and Great Lash perfectly defines and darkens my lashes, with just a touch of length and volume. I've never had a problem with clumping, and this mascara doesn't dry and flake off like others do. It's widely available, just about any store that sells cosmetics will carry Great Lash, and at only $4 a tube, it's cheap to replace. It comes in a wide variety of colors, from Blackest Black to Royal Blue.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by cluelesswonder

I thought I would give this a try regardless of the fact that I have never liked the original Great Lash. I was hoping to be surprised but I just ended up disappointed. Oh well. Great Lash is what it is, a terrible mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

I actually like this mascara. I've tried the original numerous times over the past 15 years and I was never a fan mostly because I felt the brush didn't separate my lashes at all. It always left me with clumped together lashes. Now this one, on the otherhand, has a big straight brush with lots of bristles.Did a really good job of separating my lashes. No clumps and no flaking. Builds okay length and volume. This is the mascara I use when I really just want to define my lashes a bit. So, if you're looking for this to give you thick, long lashes then you'll be really disappointed. But if you want dark defined lashes then you can't beat this for around $4.