April 19, 2014 | 922 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by nday33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Yummy! I have longish lashes and this product really worked well for me. I love the big bristles and unlike for others, this did not clump! I have to admit, I'm a huge fan of the original version as well but feel like this is better in both quality and overall mascara distribution.

The "blackest black" is amazing...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Kandiefashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great if u have nice long lashes!!...
i found it hard to get an even coat and it doesnt layer well...

i thought with all the rave reviews and cheap price ill try...but nope! not for me

if you have short to med lenght lashes u you to try the none brush ones....more like silicons combs!!! they are our answer!

Kanadie

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure what it is about Great Lash that keeps me coming back, but no other mascara makes my lashes look as good as GL does. Now that they've improved the brush, I love it even more. The big brush makes application so much faster and easier, it just makes me love GL even more. I prefer a natural look, and Great Lash perfectly defines and darkens my lashes, with just a touch of length and volume. I've never had a problem with clumping, and this mascara doesn't dry and flake off like others do. It's widely available, just about any store that sells cosmetics will carry Great Lash, and at only $4 a tube, it's cheap to replace. It comes in a wide variety of colors, from Blackest Black to Royal Blue.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by cluelesswonder

I thought I would give this a try regardless of the fact that I have never liked the original Great Lash. I was hoping to be surprised but I just ended up disappointed. Oh well. Great Lash is what it is, a terrible mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

I actually like this mascara. I've tried the original numerous times over the past 15 years and I was never a fan mostly because I felt the brush didn't separate my lashes at all. It always left me with clumped together lashes. Now this one, on the otherhand, has a big straight brush with lots of bristles.Did a really good job of separating my lashes. No clumps and no flaking. Builds okay length and volume. This is the mascara I use when I really just want to define my lashes a bit. So, if you're looking for this to give you thick, long lashes then you'll be really disappointed. But if you want dark defined lashes then you can't beat this for around $4.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm actually surprised that I like this...but I really do. I am not a fan of the old great lash. I thought it was a formula thing, but maybe it was about the brush? I can get good volume and lenght out of this. It does take several coats, and some work to get there...but I don't get clumpiness or crispy lashes. The blackest black is very black and glossy...which I love. I have worn this alone, over UD primer, and over my Shiseido lash primer. (I must say that Shiseido makes every mascara better!) I think that I would grab this again..and it is cheap for a drugstore mascara. I found mine at Walmart for $4.49

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must be the only woman in America who hasn't used a Great Lash at some point. I'm not even sure why, really, I've just tended towards other Maybelline and other brand mascaras. So I cannot compare this to the performance of the orginal. But I saw the BIG version the other day, and there was a dollar off coupon, so I thought why the hell not. I've been on a mascara trying kick lately.

You know what? I don't hate it. This mascara certainly does volumize, and it also did quite a bit in the length department for me as well, surprisingly. WTG, Maybelline. Zero clumping, zero flaking. Love the black blackness of it, lol. It is indeed buildable.

The only sticking point is this mascara ran off underneath my eyes in four hours for the lovely racoon look. Had to clean it up at lunch. (Maybe I should get wise and start wearing waterproof on lower lashes only?) Were it not for that, I'd be repurchasing. I'll use up the rest of the tube as a 'starter' mascara, definitely, though.

You could give it a shot if you're really curious, but really I don't guess you're missing much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I just bought this at wal mart tonight after debating whether or not I should cause I've been buying so many mascaras recently....but I really like it! The brush really doesn't look like the pic on the packaging, it's not a bigger version of this kind of rounded brush like the original, its big and straight and I think that really makes the difference. I just tried it on, they were not kidding with build able volume! My eyelashes are touching my eye brows...I'm very impressed with this great lash mascara ( something I never thought I'd say!!)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by kidando16

This was okay. Not at all clumpy, but doesn't give me the dramatic look I want.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by ichiban1

I love this mascara !! Ive bought the original great lash a couple of time before, and i didnt hate it but it didnt really do much for me, sometimes it even got clumy. But the Big version is much better. The wand is alot like the maybelline colossal. You can get a really natural look with one coat and build more on for more volume and it never gets clumpy !! And it really cheap, got it for under $5 at walgreens, and when i bought it they gave me a coupon for a free great lash ! Guess ill be getting another great lash BIG =)