Maybelline Great Lash BIG

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/28/2009 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this. Yes, I'm a mascara junkie, and a bargain junkie, but I also hate Maybelline Great Lash with a violent passion. But, I bought it, tried it...and hated it. The formula is unchanged - still thin, still clumpy, still flaky. The big brush, though, is not a complete failure. I might clean the brush and use it with other mascaras.

on 9/26/2009 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm actually surprised I like this. It's a good everyday mascara. I don't like the original Great Last at all, I never saw what all the fuss was about. I bought this because I like big brushes, and it's cheap, so I figured what the heck. Good color payoff, removes easily, a nice, natural thick lash.

on 9/23/2009 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am not a fan of the mascara, it does nothing for my lashes as far as thickening or darkening them. I also feel as if it doesnt last all day and always smears and smudges and I look like I have racoon eyes. Will definitely not buy again.

on 9/22/2009 3:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Great priced everyday mascara. I have it in blackest black, and I like it but not love it :) I'll repurchase if on sale

on 9/19/2009 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow. Have tried the original & curved brush GL before -- hated it. Clumpy, clumpy, clumpy crap. The WP is ok, but the brush SUCKS, so you absolutely must us a comb. I got this in brownish black and so far, I love it. NO CLUMPS. I do not like dramatic mascara. It has actually become difficult to find mascara that just darkens without major volume. This does the trick. It really is a great everyday mascara. Did not completely uncurl my lashes like the other non-WP versions. I'll rebuy if this makes it through the day. And, if you are listening Maybelline: waterproof, please.

on 9/14/2009 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This crap is just as bad as the original!!! The brush is bigger but the formula still SUCKS! It uncurls my lashes and makes them look 10x worse when i put it on. Please save your money!!! This stuff is so bad it compelled me to write my first review in over two years! lol

on 9/12/2009 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this a lot better than the original great last. This brush is like ths size of the Benefit Bad Gal Lash brush, though the bristles are not as dense. They are more sparse which work better to coat my sparse asian lashes.

What I like about Great Lash BIG is that it has the same wet formula of the original (I don't like dry formulas) but it does not smudge or fade under my eye like the original did. I remember the old one used to give me bad raccoon eye which is why I hated it, but the BIG version does not do that. It does not flake or clump on me.

This did not give me dramatic false lashes or do any major thickening. I would consider it to be a rich black daytime mascara that gives good length and a bit of volume. It does take time to build but the brush is easy to work with. My favorites are still L'oreals Voluminous, Maybelline Lash Stylist and DiorShow, but I would buy this again to keep as a backup because it is so inexpensive.

on 9/9/2009 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Whyyyy did I fall for it again? I hate great lash, always did. I have already thick, long, dark lashes but of course I always want more and great lash is the only mascara that can make already great lashes look bad. Of course, I saw the add in vogue and couldn't help myself. I thought maybe it'd be different. Same awful formula, which makes the brush essentially useless. It took three coats done meticulously to make them look decent. I mean it's only 5 bucks so it doesn't break my heart, I'm just sad that I keep falling for it. They must use subliminal messages. The brush is good, so I took it out and cleaned it off to use with other mascaras. I use my old great lash to cover up scuff marks so I guess it's good for something...

on 9/8/2009 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have always been disgusted with the hype over great lash mascara, but something told me I would like this. I really really did. Yes, the volume is BUILD-ABLE so it will take a few minutes to get there but the thickness and separation is superb. lacking in length, but my lashes are good on length anyways. I will keep one in my makeup drawer as long as its around.

on 9/7/2009 12:19:00 PM

I am one of the few women who have never tried Great Lash. I read a review on thefrisky and decided it was worth a try. It's about $5.99 at CVS, less expensive than other drugstore mascaras. The wand is very large like a bumblebee. I have difficulties with large wands because sometimes I get it on my eyelids, this was no exception. I have to give Maybelline kudos for no clumping or spidery lashes, very few mascaras are reliable in that respect. The mascara flaked a little bit throughout the day, and for some reason irritated my eyes pretty badly (my eyes aren't very sensitive so I was surprised). I didn't find it to be that impressive of a mascara, pretty average-nothing dramatic. Although not a bad mascara, I'm just not jumping for joy over this.