December 21, 2014 | 1223 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by shaunix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great priced everyday mascara. I have it in blackest black, and I like it but not love it :) I'll repurchase if on sale

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ilynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. Have tried the original & curved brush GL before -- hated it. Clumpy, clumpy, clumpy crap. The WP is ok, but the brush SUCKS, so you absolutely must us a comb. I got this in brownish black and so far, I love it. NO CLUMPS. I do not like dramatic mascara. It has actually become difficult to find mascara that just darkens without major volume. This does the trick. It really is a great everyday mascara. Did not completely uncurl my lashes like the other non-WP versions. I'll rebuy if this makes it through the day. And, if you are listening Maybelline: waterproof, please.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Mel29

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This crap is just as bad as the original!!! The brush is bigger but the formula still SUCKS! It uncurls my lashes and makes them look 10x worse when i put it on. Please save your money!!! This stuff is so bad it compelled me to write my first review in over two years! lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I like this a lot better than the original great last. This brush is like ths size of the Benefit Bad Gal Lash brush, though the bristles are not as dense. They are more sparse which work better to coat my sparse asian lashes.

What I like about Great Lash BIG is that it has the same wet formula of the original (I don't like dry formulas) but it does not smudge or fade under my eye like the original did. I remember the old one used to give me bad raccoon eye which is why I hated it, but the BIG version does not do that. It does not flake or clump on me.

This did not give me dramatic false lashes or do any major thickening. I would consider it to be a rich black daytime mascara that gives good length and a bit of volume. It does take time to build but the brush is easy to work with. My favorites are still L'oreals Voluminous, Maybelline Lash Stylist and DiorShow, but I would buy this again to keep as a backup because it is so inexpensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Whyyyy did I fall for it again? I hate great lash, always did. I have already thick, long, dark lashes but of course I always want more and great lash is the only mascara that can make already great lashes look bad. Of course, I saw the add in vogue and couldn't help myself. I thought maybe it'd be different. Same awful formula, which makes the brush essentially useless. It took three coats done meticulously to make them look decent. I mean it's only 5 bucks so it doesn't break my heart, I'm just sad that I keep falling for it. They must use subliminal messages. The brush is good, so I took it out and cleaned it off to use with other mascaras. I use my old great lash to cover up scuff marks so I guess it's good for something...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by erkybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always been disgusted with the hype over great lash mascara, but something told me I would like this. I really really did. Yes, the volume is BUILD-ABLE so it will take a few minutes to get there but the thickness and separation is superb. lacking in length, but my lashes are good on length anyways. I will keep one in my makeup drawer as long as its around.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by cjmar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am one of the few women who have never tried Great Lash. I read a review on thefrisky and decided it was worth a try. It's about $5.99 at CVS, less expensive than other drugstore mascaras. The wand is very large like a bumblebee. I have difficulties with large wands because sometimes I get it on my eyelids, this was no exception. I have to give Maybelline kudos for no clumping or spidery lashes, very few mascaras are reliable in that respect. The mascara flaked a little bit throughout the day, and for some reason irritated my eyes pretty badly (my eyes aren't very sensitive so I was surprised). I didn't find it to be that impressive of a mascara, pretty average-nothing dramatic. Although not a bad mascara, I'm just not jumping for joy over this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay to start off I used this with Shiseido Make Up Mascara Base. Then I put about 3 coats on and it have me dark black, long, defined eyelashes. A lot of mascaras that I have tried( I have tried a ton) can't do all this for 5 bucks. Didn't smudge or flake on me. My only problem is I want MORE VOLUME. I want THICK lashes!! This gives just okay volume. I will try four or 5 coats tomorrow and update! All in all, a decent mascara.

Update: So, I put five coats of this mascara on and its a pretty good mascara for five dollars, it does beat a ton of other drugstore mascara that I have tried but it doesn't do what it claims BIG LASHES. This doesn't give a ton of volume. My lashes look nice, they are very long, dark and defined but not crazy volume. So far, I like my plush lash the best.

Update: This started to smudge on me, not only on the top lashes but on the bottom. Toss this out!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, to start off: I hate the original Great Lash. I have long, thick lashes, and it does nothing for me. But since I'm a mascara junkie, I wanted to try this "new" version of Great Lash.

Pros: the brush is great--big, and a vast improvement over the original brush. The formula is thin, so it does not clump.

Cons: the formula does not really lengthen or thicken. But that's Great Lash for you.

To sum things up: the new brush is great, but the formula is still Great Lash. If you like the original, you should love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

To start off, I have sparse, medium length, stick straight lashes (sigh) so I'm always fond of products that will give more volume!

I've never tried the original Great Lash, so I can't really compare this product to the older one, but I'm going to say that I do like Great Lash BIG! It's not a particularly out of this world mascara, but it's a great everyday, volumized look for 7 dollars. I dunno, but you can't really beat that.

Not to mention, that with most volumizing mascaras I usually have to comb the heebus out of my lashes to get definition back, however with GLB--there was no problem whatsoever with clumping. I can easily get away with applying three coats of this without reaching for my lash comb once.

The staying power on my oily lidded self was great as well since it lasted throughout the day for me. Most especially with it's colour pay off, truly the blackest black I know. That's always a nice treat (not looking like a raccoon due to smudgy mascara that is) ;o)

I do plan to repurchase this item, a much better everyday volumizing mascara than the pricier ones that are upwards from 15 dollars.