OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 2/17/2008 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

When I was at Trade Secret last week I was able to snag a bottle of this for 60% off since it was in holiday packaging. I had never tried it but the salesgirl mentioned that it was really cheap for this product and they had just one left so I figured what the heck. I had been using Essie protein base coat and when I removed my polish last sunday I could see that my nails were starting to peel so I applied two coats of this under 2 coats of polish with SV. When I removed my polish today I was shocked!!! My nails have NEVER looked this good and the peeling is gone! I was using red polish and there is no staining, just strong healthy nails. My only complaint is that this seems to take a long time to dry but the results are well worth it and I will pay full price for this product when I run out. HG status! *edit* My nails flat out decided that they did not like this stuff! I had to cut my nails real short after using this a month or so for they became real brittle and several broke. Hg status removed!!!

on 2/16/2008 12:57:00 AM

I got this when i quit getting my nails done i had overlays after i had fake tips. Really helped my nails out they really grew and where strong. I no longer get my nails done i only go every now and then for mani/pedis other wise i do it my self. Great product for after you remove fake nails.

on 2/6/2008 4:00:00 AM

i use this every time i paint my nails for the basecoat, i use a different topcoat so its fast-drying though. For the following days I add a layer onto the top of my nails and it helps them last longer and (i guess) grow stronger!

on 2/3/2008 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using OPI Nail Envy for about 10 years and I just love it! I get compliments on my nail and oftentimes people will ask what they can do to get good nails. I always say use OPI nail envy, and when they ask if it works, i always just say, it works for me! Worth every penny!

on 1/31/2008 8:19:00 AM

This is a must have prodcut for anyone with dry, peeling or flaky nails. This is the only varnish that seems to make a difference to the way my nails, look, feel and grow. I treated myself to a manicure and the manicurist commented on how well I look after my nails. Thank-you OPI, that's down to you!

on 1/21/2008 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I picked and bit at my nails for over 15 years until I found this stuff! It works almost instantly, and kept my nails gorgeously long and strong - enough that I didn't have to manicure them for my Wedding in 2007.

I have also suffered from eczema most of my life and I put the increased itching, inflamation and irritation down to the stress of planning my Wedding. The irritation was on my eyes, scalp, arms - and where I scratched, it got worse.
It's only now I'm watching my health more closely and removing chemicals where I can, that when I ran out of (Original) Nail Envy I noticed a marked improvement!

This is down to the Formaldehyde contained in the Original formula - after all, it is used to preserve dead bodies and tissue so I understand the way it works. Unfortunately, it appears I am allergic.

I've stopped using the Original formula, and moved to Sensitive&Peeling. It doesn't work quite as well, but it's a small price to pay for the absence of unrelenting eczema, that wouldn't let up no matter how hard I scratched - and was starting to affect my appearance and quality of life in general.
If you're not allergic to Formaldehyde, this stuff is FAB.
If you have eczema, be careful - possibly switch (and try eliminating dairy, caffeine, alcohol and other strong household detergents etc). continued >>

on 1/19/2008 9:01:00 PM

This is a must-have if you're trying to strengthen your nails! I've used this for years and have noticed a marked difference in my nails with regular use. They're less likely to break when I wear this under polish.

My mother in law is prone to dry and brittle nails that often peel, especially in the winter. I loaned her a bottle of Nail Envy (I keep several bottles in the house) and she raved at how it helped her nails; the cracking and peeling was virtually eliminated. Any product that helps me gain brownie points with my mother in law is fantastic!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My nails have been pretty strong and not much breakage. But last year I was not able to grow my nails more than just a bit long, because they would start breaking while doing regular things. I read reviews on various nail strengthening products and decided to give this one a try. A week into using this, my nails already seemed much better, and I was able to grow them out to my usual regular length. Whats more, it acts as a good base coat, and as a good glossy top coat as well. I love wearing just this as a clear coat on my finger nails.
Have already purchased this twice, and will keep repurchasing. I keep one bottle at home and one at work. Dries super fast - in 5 minutes

on 1/11/2008 8:10:00 PM

I have been using this product for 3 weeks. Before this i had calgel nails on and peeled them off myself, as you can imagine my nails were a mess, splitting, bendy, weak and flakey. YUK. So decied to buy this from qvc as part of a set have been using it now for 4 weeks.

I filled my nails down very short and applied this as per instructions. Within 4 weeks my nails have grown long and strong. I went for a file and polish and the nail technician complimented my nails. So i am very impressed will buy again.

on 12/30/2007 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product. It's definitely the best for strengthing. It makes my nails look as if they've just been manicured.

Popular Treatments