September 17, 2014 | 1302 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by sonaliagrawal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My nails have been pretty strong and not much breakage. But last year I was not able to grow my nails more than just a bit long, because they would start breaking while doing regular things. I read reviews on various nail strengthening products and decided to give this one a try. A week into using this, my nails already seemed much better, and I was able to grow them out to my usual regular length. Whats more, it acts as a good base coat, and as a good glossy top coat as well. I love wearing just this as a clear coat on my finger nails.
Have already purchased this twice, and will keep repurchasing. I keep one bottle at home and one at work. Dries super fast - in 5 minutes

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by samstb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for 3 weeks. Before this i had calgel nails on and peeled them off myself, as you can imagine my nails were a mess, splitting, bendy, weak and flakey. YUK. So decied to buy this from qvc as part of a set have been using it now for 4 weeks.

I filled my nails down very short and applied this as per instructions. Within 4 weeks my nails have grown long and strong. I went for a file and polish and the nail technician complimented my nails. So i am very impressed will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jekins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. It's definitely the best for strengthing. It makes my nails look as if they've just been manicured.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by memalott

I absolutely love how this product works. I've tried many others before I found this one and it works the best BY FAR. My nails are weak and peel very easily, so I first tried this about 6 months before my wedding because I wanted my nails to be absolutely perfect. I've gone through 3 bottles so far, and my nails are strong and they no longer peel. I do have to use this pretty religiously, so I apply a new coat every other day and start over again every week or so. It takes a lot of time to make my nails look good, but it's worth it to have nice nails and this product definitely works amazing. I would recommend it to anyone with thin, weak, and peeling nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by divanana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely the best product I've ever used for my thin weak nails. I wore acrylics for several years and got tired of the expense. Now with NE I can have natural nails that look as good as my acrylics did. I've purchased bottles for my daughters, friends and my co-workers. I go through the product pretty fast so I always keep a "back-up" bottle on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Sex_Kitten

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I looove this stuff'; it really lives up to the claims- my nails stay strong and don't peel or split, I would recommend this everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Apollonia_2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Opi Nail Envy is amazing and does what it says. It's great for weak brittle nails that regularly split and don't grow. I've used it for 3 weeks and my nails have grown and not split once! My nails are in the best condition they have been for 5 years. This is money well spent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing Nail Envy exactly as prescribed on the package, with the addition of a new coat every other day. I've not worn nail color on top of it but just used it to strengthen my nails. I had no problems with my nails peeling and breaking, and I like how shiny the Nail Envy looked on them. I like that it can be used as a base coat but still looks shiny. The only complaint is that is is fairly expensive. Hopefully the bottle will last a long time!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by dressagehj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my best friends, a nail tech, recommended this to me years ago for my weak, thin nails. I tried it for a good 2-3 years, faithfully. My nails did look a bit better than they had previously, and I thought I should be content with that. Then I got hooked on Nailtiques #2, and never looked back at OPI NE again. Even with the new formulations (and yes, I've tried them again) they still don't have anything on Nailtiques. This is just a mediocre product, and that makes me sad because I love OPI polishes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kaethie

Ok, I just bought this stuff called Bond aid by OPI for $8, which is a ph balancing agent that can be used to help a bunch of different things adhere better to your nail bed. Such as nail polish, acrylics, etc..

I am alergic to acrylic after 15 years of wearing fake nails so I HAVE to go el natural. But.. my problem is my nail polish peeling off so fast. Then once I have bare nails, I assist my nails in the peeling process and destroy my nails. So, when I saw this product I decided to give it a try.

I was shocked to find that it's not an enamel, like a base coat. It's actually a liquid that instantly dries once it's put on your nail bed.

So... I just know pained my nails and we'll see if the nail polish last longer than 2-3 days this time. I also bought an OPI nail polish, just so I was using the same product line.

Update to come..........