October 21, 2014 | 873 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by heidibee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked and bit at my nails for over 15 years until I found this stuff! It works almost instantly, and kept my nails gorgeously long and strong - enough that I didn't have to manicure them for my Wedding in 2007.

I have also suffered from eczema most of my life and I put the increased itching, inflamation and irritation down to the stress of planning my Wedding. The irritation was on my eyes, scalp, arms - and where I scratched, it got worse.
It's only now I'm watching my health more closely and removing chemicals where I can, that when I ran out of (Original) Nail Envy I noticed a marked improvement!

This is down to the Formaldehyde contained in the Original formula - after all, it is used to preserve dead bodies and tissue so I understand the way it works. Unfortunately, it appears I am allergic.

I've stopped using the Original formula, and moved to Sensitive&Peeling. It doesn't work quite as well, but it's a small price to pay for the absence of unrelenting eczema, that wouldn't let up no matter how hard I scratched - and was starting to affect my appearance and quality of life in general.
If you're not allergic to Formaldehyde, this stuff is FAB.
If you have eczema, be careful - possibly switch (and try eliminating dairy, caffeine, alcohol and other strong household detergents etc). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a must-have if you're trying to strengthen your nails! I've used this for years and have noticed a marked difference in my nails with regular use. They're less likely to break when I wear this under polish.

My mother in law is prone to dry and brittle nails that often peel, especially in the winter. I loaned her a bottle of Nail Envy (I keep several bottles in the house) and she raved at how it helped her nails; the cracking and peeling was virtually eliminated. Any product that helps me gain brownie points with my mother in law is fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by sonaliagrawal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My nails have been pretty strong and not much breakage. But last year I was not able to grow my nails more than just a bit long, because they would start breaking while doing regular things. I read reviews on various nail strengthening products and decided to give this one a try. A week into using this, my nails already seemed much better, and I was able to grow them out to my usual regular length. Whats more, it acts as a good base coat, and as a good glossy top coat as well. I love wearing just this as a clear coat on my finger nails.
Have already purchased this twice, and will keep repurchasing. I keep one bottle at home and one at work. Dries super fast - in 5 minutes

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by samstb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for 3 weeks. Before this i had calgel nails on and peeled them off myself, as you can imagine my nails were a mess, splitting, bendy, weak and flakey. YUK. So decied to buy this from qvc as part of a set have been using it now for 4 weeks.

I filled my nails down very short and applied this as per instructions. Within 4 weeks my nails have grown long and strong. I went for a file and polish and the nail technician complimented my nails. So i am very impressed will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jekins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. It's definitely the best for strengthing. It makes my nails look as if they've just been manicured.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by memalott

I absolutely love how this product works. I've tried many others before I found this one and it works the best BY FAR. My nails are weak and peel very easily, so I first tried this about 6 months before my wedding because I wanted my nails to be absolutely perfect. I've gone through 3 bottles so far, and my nails are strong and they no longer peel. I do have to use this pretty religiously, so I apply a new coat every other day and start over again every week or so. It takes a lot of time to make my nails look good, but it's worth it to have nice nails and this product definitely works amazing. I would recommend it to anyone with thin, weak, and peeling nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by divanana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely the best product I've ever used for my thin weak nails. I wore acrylics for several years and got tired of the expense. Now with NE I can have natural nails that look as good as my acrylics did. I've purchased bottles for my daughters, friends and my co-workers. I go through the product pretty fast so I always keep a "back-up" bottle on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Sex_Kitten

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I looove this stuff'; it really lives up to the claims- my nails stay strong and don't peel or split, I would recommend this everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Apollonia_2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Opi Nail Envy is amazing and does what it says. It's great for weak brittle nails that regularly split and don't grow. I've used it for 3 weeks and my nails have grown and not split once! My nails are in the best condition they have been for 5 years. This is money well spent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing Nail Envy exactly as prescribed on the package, with the addition of a new coat every other day. I've not worn nail color on top of it but just used it to strengthen my nails. I had no problems with my nails peeling and breaking, and I like how shiny the Nail Envy looked on them. I like that it can be used as a base coat but still looks shiny. The only complaint is that is is fairly expensive. Hopefully the bottle will last a long time!