April 19, 2014 | 809 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is not the *worst* mascara I have tried. It does give a little volume, but not much length. The mascara feels very light, but doesn't hold my curl like a waterproof should. I have not had any issues with flaking or smudging, which was what I expected after reading all these reviews.
I wouldn't buy again though - there are too many other mascaras out there to try.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by pam3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smudges under the eyes like crazy, which is strange considering how hard it is to remove it all at the end of the day. Definitely not buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by meticulous26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was seeking a mascara that gives a "false lash" effect. This mascara does just that. Surprisingly, this mascara did not receive the good reviews that I feel it deserves.

This mascara really makes my lashes look full, dark, lengthened, and most importantly, voluminous -- just what I was looking for. The waterproof formula really holds the curl to my naturally stick straight lashes quite well. Washing this mascara off isn't a pain either. I'm used to working hard to wash off waterproof mascaras, but this one easily came off when I wanted it to.

This mascara has an edge over CoverGirl Lashblast in that it provides a separated, feathery effect to my lashes. Love it!

The only thing that I am not so pleased with is the packaging. I'm accustomed to unique, bold, eye-catching tubes when it comes to mascaras. This tube is rather boring. When I put my makeup on in the morning, I want to feel like I'm reaching for a fancy product, but I just don't feel that way with this mascara. But no biggie. It's the quality of the product that matters, and this mascara certainly lives up to its name in my book.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by rosaenz

I love the regular waterproof voluminous so when I saw there was a carbon black, I thought I'd love this one as well. Hate it. I have oily lids which is why I buy waterproof mascara so I don't have to worry about raccoon eyes. The other waterproof voluminous stays on all day and has survived surprise rain showers. Carbon black, on the other hand, ends up not on my eyelashes but migrating to under my eyes. This is going in the trash and I'm returning to the other waterproof voluminous. I may get soaked in rain showers but I like my mascara to stay on my eyelashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I've been a huge fan of the regular Voluminous, and opted to buy this once I started swimming at the gym this summer. While I love the regular version, the waterproof is *wretched*. For starters, the volume I've come to expect from Voluminous in the waterproof version .. TOTALLY ABSENT. The volume went MIA on this sucker! The texture is crap, and I can actually feel when I'm taking it off, it pulling my lashes out which just p*sses me off! I'll take the racoon eyes any day .. waterproof mascaras just aren't worth the damage to my eyelashes!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lipstixrule

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The WORST mascara in the history of mascaras. Smears within minutes of application. I can't imagine any kind of moisture entering into the equation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked the way this mascara looked when I first put it on...it was nice and volumizing and gave me that dramatic bold black lash look that I wanted. 10 minutes later, I wanted to kill this mascara.

Usually, with most mascaras I do get a sort of dark 'cast' of smudging under my eyes that is pretty easily wiped away, and isn't too noticeable if I miss it. With waterproof mascaras I don't have this problem. THIS stuff, however, smudged in big black globs under my eyes mere minutes after application! And it wasn't the sort that could be easily wiped away, either. Now I look like I've been punched, twice, once on each eye. >:-{ And it did this all day, too! It never stopped depositing black globs under my eyes! It's supposed to be WATERPROOF! WTF?!

Dear Cover Girl Super Thick Lash: I am sorry I strayed from you. Can I please come back? I was swayed by the pretty packaging and boasting claims of other mascaras...now I realize that you've never let me down, and most of these other mascaras are crappy. Your humble packaging and low price cleverly disguises the fact that you are an awesome mascara. I am ashamed that I ever doubted you. Can we start over?

:-P

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Yuck. Clumps, smudges and is awful to get off. Don't be tempted by the claims and packaging! Especially since it now says "New Waterproof and Lasting". It is not new and it is still as crappy! Somehow this smears everywhere even with a light nap, yet causes lash damage and is hard to completely remove.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I'm surprised at the low reviews for this. It's nothing to rave about but didn't think it was that bad. To it's credit it's very black, lengthens and hold a curl. It's very wet when you apply it so it will smear if you're not careful. What I didn't care for was the brush size. It's ok for my top lashes but too big & dense to pick up my lower lashes w/o making a mess. It is a little hard to remove even with oil free Neutrogena eye makeup remover. It does come off, but I found myself using more remover and going over my lashes more often than with other waterproof mascaras. I'll use it up but I wouldn't buy it again because of the brush. I prefer smaller/thinner brushes that catch all my lashes and make it easier to pull the mascara through.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by juicyyyyxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HORRRRIBLE. smudges soo easily.
and its really thick so its hard to take off.