L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

2.6

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been a loyal fan of Original and Waterproof Voluminous for 15 years, but Carbon Black is a nightmare. It starts rubbing off of my lashes within minutes, and it's very difficult to get off of my skin once it's there. I just bought this tube and I don't think I can stand to finish it. If this is 'waterproof,' I'd hate to try the regular.

Love what it does for my lashes..but...hate what it does under my eyes. Hello raccoon eyes..it's not pretty. I thought the waterproof would at least last longer than 2 hours..but no. Will never buy this again..sorry I paid almost $7 for it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara smudged like crazy it said waterproof on it what's wrong with that?
Anyways not going to repurchase this.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked the volume and lenght this mascara gave to my lashes. I was very pleased with it, even though I bought it by accident. I didn't notice that I'd grabbed a waterproof mascara instead of the original version. Unfortunately, I've always been against this type of products since they are hard to remove and my cleanse routine already takes a while, so I had to take it back and get the original formula. I will truly miss it though.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Wow, i'm really shocked by the poor ratings! This is one of my favourite mascaras, and great value for the money. I've tried so many mascaras and always go back to this one. It depends on what you look for in a mascara but i love very dark, thickening and lenghtening mascaras and this does the job for me with the most intense black which realy makes my dark brown eyes pop and doesn't weigh lashes down!

horrible smudging. not waterproof at all.
waste of money

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the usual Voluminous, always bought the waterproof, never had problems....this one shade Carbon Black really blows...it is NOT waterproof...2 hours after putting it on i had black stains under my eyes, i threw it away...

The mascara makes my lashes look great, but I was horrified to find that I had dark, black rings under my eyes later that day from the mascara smudging!! I bought the waterproof over the regular kind b/c I thought it would prevent the smudging problem that I have so often with most mascaras. So bad! I should have known better to buy a new mascara on a whim without consult MUA first!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

It's really interesting because I had the opposite experience of most of the reviewers. the non-waterproof (original) RUNS like crazy on me...within 20 minutes I have a racoon eye and it's just the runniest mascara ever - the waterproof one can at least stay on for 2 hours in HOT L.A. weather for my oily lids. Which is fairly good for me! On colder days it can last longer .. .. but anyways, I don't like the brush very much, so I just take it out and use a fan brush and apply it. It looks great, very dark, voluminous, holds the curl.

for drugstore mascaras I've tried, this is one I'd consider rebuying! I wish they had an option of "would you buy this product again?" Yes/No/Maybe!

Definitely, Definitely stay away from Carbon Black Waterproof! The ORIGINAL L'Oreal Voluminous is a God-send and my absolute favourite mascara. The other day, on a whim, however, I decided to try to the waterproof Carbon Black. I thought, "How bad can it be?" Oh boy. Talk about smudginess. This stuff runs like crazy. It is black alright, but left me with marks everywhere. The first day I wore it, I was glad I wore it around the house because I literally had to check in the mirror every hour to so to check on the state of my eyes.
Yuck. I will stick to the original.

Popular Mascaras