August 30, 2014 | 1677 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by BCoffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate the brown gel part of this duo but love the powder, I use it over my MAC eyebrow pencil to help further fill in my brows, the color matches perfect and looks really natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Found this at a dollar store. I have thick brows I don't tweeze as I am pleased with that natural look. But I've got one spot missing a brow hair or 2 due to a small scar there. I don't always fill it in as my brows are very dark ash brown and everything is too warm toned and light including this.

That said I have found other uses for it. The powder makes a nice, matte crease color. Despite the shades being too light and warm for my brows, surprisingly it works well as a contour color on my fair, olive skin with yellow undetones. It doesn't read warm right under the hollows of my cheekbones, just deepens the shadow already there. I have very dry skin so I can use the cream side too for the same purpose, both look natural used sparingly and blended well.

One more trick is one I've used for ages. If you have a blemish (closed, no open skin) to "hide" or want to accentuate a beauty mark or freckles after applying your base mu, try this; apply a pin dot of the cream side then a pin dot of the powder over it. Use a teeny tipped brush. Spritz with water in a spray bottle or mu setting spray of your choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by sarahdance

I bought this kit based on MU reviews.

I like this kit a lot and will continue to buy it. I especially like that it has both wax and powder.

I first use both the powder and wax for color,filling in and taming. Then I brush on a small dab of SAMY Under Control Molding Wax to tame these 3-4 unruly hairs I have in just one eyebrow that refuse to stay put with just the ELF wax alone.

I bought the SAMY Under Control Molding Wax at the Dollar Store because they had it advertised as mustache wax. With the image of a handlebar mustache in my head, I figured if anything would tame those 3 pesky brow hairs it would be "mustache wax".

Turns out this particular SAMY product was just right. It has more hold/molding power than the ELF wax, but not too much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was really hoping to like this product, especially after the great reviews here. However, the wax made my brows look too full and like they had been painted on. I have tried using less wax but I still get the same results. I think this is because I already have relatively thick brows and just need an eyebrow product to fill in any sparse areas. I reckon this product would be great for those with thin brows, but unfortunately not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

i love this stuff....i still have eyebrow hairs so this works great just to fill them in a bit and make em look super full...i aint quite sure how this would work on people who have to draw their eyebrows in....they gel this brings can slide a bit if you dont set it and it is not super dark and pigmented to just use on its own....i havent tried the dark one so im am just saying off expirience with the medium

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Dupe for Benefit Brow Zings, a $30 product vs. $3 for this ELF version. I typically buy & wear higher-end cosmetics, but I'm obsessed with ELF's "dupes" for more expensive products. This comes in the typical ELF Studio packaging - a sleek black plastic compact. The powder & wax work really well to fill in & tame brows, and for what is quite possibly the first time ever in the history of cosmetics: the brush that comes with it isn't totally useless! It is short, angled & firm, and actually works really well with the products. The wax/powder combo gives a very natural look, so you can fill your brows with minimal fear of the drawn-on look. I have light auburn hair with light reddish-brown brows, and I have this kit in "medium." I keep one of these in my travel kit and one in my regular makeup case, and I reach for them fairly often. I really like this kit, and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by MinnieBeth

I have this kit in ash. The gel and powder go together beautifully and don't make my brows look 'fake' (which many products do as I have blonde hair). I think the powder is a very good dupe for MAC's Omega eyeshadow, which I also use in my brows. Although MAC's Omega is more pigmented, I think overall this kit is far better as the gel-powder combination means it stays on all day and the slightly less pigmented powder gives a less 'drawn on' look. And, (obviously) the main benefit - this kit is only 3.75 compared to 12 for just MAC's Omega. However, the brush is rather crap so I wouldn't bother using it. But other than that... HG!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG brow product. Granted this is the 2nd product Ive used for my brows, but this just WORKS for me. Im dirty blonde naturally and my brows r dark brown and full-ish(?) so I can get away with the medium kit. The gel goes 1st and the powder sets it. Love the brush it came with too. & there is a lot of product so it will last awhile. LOVE!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, E.L.F., how do you make such wonderfully cheap products and still turn a profit? Bless you, this eyebrow kit is a gem.
I use this when my hair is at it's darkest (2-3 weeks after I dye it). I'm in Medium, and the color works well when my hair is freshly dyed. I love the creamy, waxy texture, it stays on my brows all day, looks quite natural. I use the brush that comes with it. It takes awhile, but the result is lovely.
The powder is nice, but I use a separate one because my hair had red undertones. I imagine the powder would work just fine for hair that doesn't have those undertones.
The packaging is sleek, nice, and expensive looking. Fool your friends into thinking you spent a small fortune on this. But since it's only $3, you can happily repurchase without your wallet secretly hating you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by sleeplessdesires

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have always used NYC eyebrow kit but when I found this I fell in love. I know it's just an eyebrow kit but I love the powder in it and the side color (even though I rarely use it)I also love the packaging because it is compact and it comes with a little angle brush as well. Definitely recommend this to anyone plus it gives my brows a good look to them an not overly colored in but maybe that's just because I know how I like to have my brows done.