October 24, 2014 | 1403 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product on line, from elf. I have to say its a bit to dark for me, I normally use mac spiked which is perfect, but I'm not sold on this product. Also I found that the gel sometimes 'sweats' I live in England and its not that hot for the product to do that, and makes me feel about awkward about using it. The little brush inside is really handy, and so is the powder. I think I'm going to give this product another go, and do an edit, but as it stands.... I'll stick to my MAC spiked.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by geraldin13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

what an awesome product. this is my HG product for my eyebrows. it keeps them in place and the color match my brow perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Jelli1218

I have this kit in Medium. I keep it in my purse in case I need an eyebrow touch up. I love how precise the brush that it comes with lets me fill my brows in with no trouble. it last a decent amount of time but I do touch up a little after the day but its nothing major! its pretty good for the price so im not complaining.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

My new favourite product for my eyebrows! I used to use a NYX pencil but it was a pain sharpening it ALL the time. Heard really good things about this kit, and my sister bought it in dark - I told her it would be TOO dark, but when she got it, it wasn't. We have the same colour eyebrows so I tried it out first before purchasing mine and it is the perfect shade for me now that I have dyed my hair dark brown. I usually just use the gel part, as I've found the powder - for me - is a bit too much on the golden side, and my hair & brows are more ashy. So cheap and it'll last so long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I feel a little twinge of shame every time, but whenever I see someone buy or use Browzing or UD's browkit, or some other $30 brow pan, I laugh to myself. Because this eyebrow kit seems to be one of the best kept secrets there is if people continue to waste their money on other kits.
This brow kit is $3. And you know what, the actual product is almost exactly the same thing as the one packaged by benefit and Urban Decay.

The package is a very convenient size; the longest side is about as big your ring finger. It's nicely thin and compact yet looks sturdy. The design is similar to NARS, yet without that weird gross rubber feel. It's just a streamlined, professional black case. It comes with one side of a darker wax (used for definition) that doesn't come off or smudge all day, and a lighter powder (used for filling in any sparse spots). A very useful dual ended brush is inside. One side is a firm angled brush (the brow wax and this brush can be used on the go/traveling to fix gel eyeliner by the way!!), and the other side is a slightly fluffy brush for the powder.
I've found that both the powder and wax will not come off in water, yet can be removed without hassle with just a makeup wipe or your nightly face wash.
For best results, I use the powder, then wax, then I comb out my brows with a spoolie, and set the whole shabam with a swipe of brow gel. Doing the filling in BEFORE combing and setting works best so that way it gets blended better and looks more natural!

IMPORTANT
For reference, I have very very dark brown eyebrows, and I use the Medium color. Try to match your eyebrow color to the darker color in the compact! You may need to choose a lighter kit than you think; using too harsh or dark of colors on your eyebrows will age you and make you look severe.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by CosmeticallyNewbish

I just got this last week and it's wonderful! I made a mistake plucking my eyebrows and went in on the outside too far and this really makes it seem like I never made that mistake at all! I got it in medium and it matches my naturally dark eyebrow hair really well. I will be using this everyday. The brush that comes with it is nice to use as well. Very precise. I am so happy. I love elf!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by kookielovins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is good for those with thick eyebrow hairs. I have very sparse, almost nonexistent eyebrows. I have found that this wax sticks very good to the eyebrow hair I do have but that it doesn't adhere well to the skin to make the color "uniform".

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by laurelrea

This stuff is great. I have light brown hair and and paleish skin and the light colour is prefect for me. Lasts ages too. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I bought the light & medium, not for the brows but as a nose shadow (light) & some shading (medium). In other words, I don't really use the wax part much, but for $3, who cares.
I really want to praise the quality of the powder, it is sooo smooth & buttery, not at all like powder.
Why can't they make a powder foundation like the texture of this product. Or maybe ELF is, I will be the first in line for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by LucySmith2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've only had this product for a short while but I love it. My eyebrows are a very dark brown and yet I have to be careful not to go too dark with eyebrow colours. I bought this in dark and it suits me really well. Of course you have to go gentle initially but you can always pack more on if you need to. The applicator is not great because it's short but this is due to the overall size of the box so if I really can't be bothered with it I will use a different brush. Overall, for the price, I'd say buy it.