Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 7/30/2009 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the best drugstore red lipsticks I've tried. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips and my lips get dry and flaky easily. It gives a nice full coverage in just a few strokes and I really love the creamy texture. Now I want to try In the Red matte lipstick next.

on 7/27/2009 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I took off one lippie because Revlon's other matte red, In The Red, suits me a little better. This is a beautiful red that I think just about anyone can wear. I don't normally wear dark or bright lippies, but this one, along with In The Red, works well. This is a little brighter than In The Red. Overall, this is a really great purchase!

on 7/25/2009 8:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love -- lovelovelove -- a good red lip for all occasions. My personal (now rationed) HG is UD Jezebel, but MAC Red is a very, very close second for a truly rip your face off lip. After stumbling upon the great reviews for Really Red, I marched right out to try it and I'm soooooo happy -- I now have my holy trinity of red lipstick! This, blotted down, is such a nice, true-but-wearable red. Blot less, and it will almost tear your face off (in a good way, of course). I find it fairly neutral, and definitely less blue/bright than MAC Red, but not as intensely deep as Jezebel. It's perfect. And the formula! I like MAC's matte lipsticks and think they wear . . . fine. But they're still a bit drying. As someone below said, the Revlon formula just feels weightless. Not drying *at all*. It also wears very easily -- amazing sticking power, did not transfer to my glass, never gets cakey, doesn't creep. It just fades down to a really nice stain. It's also very easy-applying and doesn't require much fussing to get a good clean line, even without liner. Love this lipstick, will definitely repurchase.

on 7/23/2009 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love red lips, and matte, OMG droll over them. I always thought MAC matte ones were too drying, but these Revlon one are to die for! SO smooth when applying, but not crazy shiny.Such a pretty perfect red this is, for me it is true red, maybe slightly blue-ish, but not intense. I'm so happy for BOGO!!! I think Revlon has the best in lipstick for drug store brand and you can see the lipstick in the tube even though it's sealed which is a plus. :)

on 7/21/2009 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for months, and never thought about reviewing it on here. I've blogged about it, and recently found out it's what they use on Mad Men to get the authentic red lip of that time. It goes on smooth, doesn't crack or bleed, and is soft focus red. Practically perfect... I don't have a single bad thing to say about this lipstick. It also wears for a long time, but wears off evenly. If they do ever discontinue it, I'm sure plenty of MUA's will not be pleased. I dislike hunting down a discontinued shade. If you're normally scared of red, don't give up without trying this one! It will change your mind.

Update: Yes, it can be a dupe for Russian Red but does not have the same depth of pigment. So you'll have to apply one thin coat and let it set for a few minutes. Then go back and do it again. You have to layer red lipsticks so they won't bleed, fade unevenly, or smear easily.

on 7/21/2009 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I have four of these, because I'm sure they are going to discontinue it. They only have two of each color on each display! It's a classic red that will never go out of style, and it's matte! Yay! No weird smell, applies easily, and since it matte it lasts. Seems like few brands believe in matte lips anymore. Pick it up while it's out there!

on 7/21/2009 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually bought this lippie about 2 days ago and decided to wear it to work today along wit the whole pinup look lol And I must sayI got alot of compliments! =) I luv that this is a REAL red and its pretty cheap comapred to MAC. I wont be wearing this too often but its nic to wear when I wan t oadd a lil shock value lol ;)

on 7/21/2009 1:06:00 AM

The consistency of this lipstick is just as dry as MAC's mattes, but not as thick so it may not "feel" as drying. It blends just as easily, is very pigmented, and does not bleed as easily as the MAC Lustres or Revlon's Super Lustrous. This is very similar to MAC's Russian Red- I wore them both on each half of my lip an my boyfriend couldn't tell that I had 2 different colors on, but under brighter lighting and various angles I could tell that Russian Red is bluer-toned and deeper than Really Red. Both are still flattering and beautiful on my light-olive skin tone but to be honest, both are a bit loud for me so I will probably try In the Red to see how it compares. Oh and if you care about the packaging, it feels a bit flimsy- you can hear/feel the scratchiness when turning the tube (but I know its a DS brand so I don't care much about that).

on 6/17/2009 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is a really nice bright red but i feel like it might be a bit too bright for me sometimes...so i want to try IN THE RED cuz i feel that one would be perfect...but this lipstick is great regardless.and it lasts forever.love it.

on 6/8/2009 2:52:00 AM

Quite possibly the best red lipstick I have ever found - at any price.

I found this while browsing at CVS, and was curious because it was a matte lipstick - not something we see a lot of these days. I mostly can't be bothered with lipstick, as I find it a pain to reapply, the color changes on my lips and I end up throwing away and wasting the tube. So I've mostly been wearing tinted moisturizers/balms & stains for the past several years. - MAC, Guerlain, Chanel, Bobbie Brown, etc.

They were handing out coupons for $1 off any Revlon product , so thought "why not?". I should have checked MUA before I bought it, because I would have saved myself from having to make a return trip the next day to buy MORE. I can't even remember the last time I loved a lipstick enough to "stock up" on extras.

This lipstick is gorgeous - a true blue, clear red. It's an instant classic and HG. It looks like old hollywood glamour (think Marilyn Monroe), or even something that Gwen Stefani might wear to an award show. It glides on, and doesn't get that dried out look or feeling like other matte lipsticks have in the past. It feels creamy. It blots down nicely if you want something a little softer for work/casual situations. After several hours of wear, it settles into a nice looking lip stain, and I add a little lip balm to give it some extra moisture at the end.

On my return trip I bought two more tubes of Really Red, and a few of the other colors to try (pink about it, pink pout, in the red, mauve it over). The only one I wouldn't repurchase is pink pout - just a little too young looking for me. Even it's doable if you blot it and add a little balm. In the red is also gorgeous.

I hope this line is a keeper for Revlon and not a LE. Does anyone know? If it's a LE, I need to stock up and find the right way to store this stuff for the next 5 years.