July 24, 2014 | 2124 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Winifredzb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Looove this mascara. I really debated giving it a try, but I'm so happy I did. I have very average lashes, but this mascara makes my lashes look fabulous. I do find the case to be a bit clunky, but overall the mascara works. Now if it just curled, it would be out of this world.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by chinkywinky

My friend recommended this mascara as a cheaper alternative to my favorite Japanese mascaras (Imju Fiberwig & Majolica Majorca Lash Gorgeous Wing). Too bad Beauty Tubes (BT) doesn't work well because it is cheaper. I don't like having to use a base coat for longer lashes when my regular mascaras can do the same without having to use a base coat. This mascara uncurls my lashes after application right after curling them! So my lashes end up looking spiky. I will not purchase this one again. The only good thing about this mascara is that they are tubes that can be washed off with warm water. However, Fiberwig is also a tube mascara doesn't make my lashes spiky for only a few dollars more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by blondie1281

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this mascara! I have always had racoon eyes in the morning if I slept with mascara on. Now, it is so nice not to have to use a load of baby oil to remove my eye makeup. It comes off so easy and gives me quite a bit more lash due to the tubes. You just have to make sure and lather on the primer, then you barely have to use the actual mascara. I also was not using enough primer at first, so I was getting some clumps, but like I said, use the primer and a lot of it, and that takes care of the clumps. If I need to retouch my makeup later, I just use the eyelash curler and that is all I need. Will be buying this again, although the price is not that great. I think I paid $9.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by barefootcassandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! I had my heart broken by Blinc's Kiss me when it would not build to a thick looking lash at all, even with the primer. And I hated that dinky brush. But this mascara had a good build able primer, thick brush, and build able mascara.

The Result? Thickening and lengthening. Ta Da!

To remove I got sick or bending over the sink splashing my self with warm water, so I get a wash cloth wet with warm water and let is sit on my eyes for about a minute. Very relaxing, and the mascara falls right off after.

Update: The mascara dried up and the primer didn't. There is still mascara in there, lots of it, but it is hard as a rock!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by annbanana523

Just bought this yesterday and I love it! It's always hard for me to find mascara that hits all the right notes (volume, length, no smudging) but this hits it pretty close.

Before I always stuck to Maybelline Volum' Express, but it was such a pain to get off that I tried this just to see if it worked.

It doesn't give the fullness of the Volum' Express, but I think it's worth switching just for the ease of removal.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a free full-sized sample in the mail (not sure when I actually signed up for it) and had heard lots of not-so-good reviews on this due to clumping.

When I tried it out, there was no clumping. Put on a thin layer of the base coat and load on the actual mascara and you'll be fine. I found that it did lengthen, but did not give much curl or volume. If they sold a tube of just the base, I would buy it. The actual mascara is kind of grey-ish and not really my thing.

Washing it off was easy, no smudges, no make-up remover required. Just water will do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Xiriah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to say that this is one of my favorite mascaras, namely because it is so easy to remove, but doesn't smudge or flake while I'm wearing it. It gives decent volume, but does a better job lengthening. It also holds a curl (after curling your lashes with an eye curler) alright. Overall, I love the "beauty tubes" formula which supposedly forms tubes of mascara over your lashes and washes off with just water. When it washes off, it doesn't make too much of a mess and you don't need any eye make up remover at all. I also think that this formula is probably less damaging than say a water proof mascara formula. Before this, I used CoverGirl Lash Blast (waterproof), and although I liked how it gave great volume and held a curl wonderfully, I have to say that it was a pain to remove and would sometimes smudge under my eyes during the day. For now, this is my HG drugstore mascara. I'd love to try more "tube" mascaras. I have tried Imju Fiberwig but I think this one is just as good. The price of Double Extend beauty tubes is cheaper, but it has the same effect. I think Imju clumps less (not that this one clumps much) and also lengthens maybe just a little bit more but doesn't really hold a curl at all. I have yet to try Blinc's Kiss Me mascara. All in all, I'm happy with this and will repurchase when I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by marlina10

This is my new HG mascara. I wear contacts and rubbing my eyes or putting in rewetting drops during the day would always leave me with racoon eye smudges. But those are a thing of the past! This mascara stays on all day long (and all night if you forget to remove it) without leaving any smudges or flaking and comes off easily with warm water. And, when you apply it does not clump like many mascaras I have tried in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Brookealyse08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this mascara! It really makes my eyelashes a lot longer but it doesn't do a lot for the thickness. What I really love is when I remove it, it doesn't get all smudgy. It removes best with warm water and if you use your fingers to kind of help pull it gently off your lashes it comes off in small threadlike clumps and it doesn't run all down my face like other mascaras. I was really surpirsed on how well it works and how easy it is to remove I will definately keep buying!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by gussersmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara has made the 3pm flakes and smudges things of the past. It has GREAT staying power and I never worry about raccoon eyes anymore. It isn't the best at making my lashes look more numerous, but I have to say that since it's the only mascara I've ever used that didn't flake and smudge, I am willing to give up some fullness. I've just used a bit more eyeliner instead. Having full lashes becomes less impt if all anyone notices are the smudges around them!
***UPDATE
This mascara has started to make my lashes fall out!! They gradually got thinner, but I thought it was just my imagination. Nope. This is a really nasty side effect I've never encountered before.