April 16, 2014 | 1393 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Luxe

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by cyncord4

Love the brush, love lash blast, and love the luxe! Such a suddle shimmer, but gorgeous and want to buy the other colors! (red, purple and green) I saw this @ walmart after hunting down other stores..but found it there! no promo, just next to the other lash blast regulars. The consistency is the same, but has the shimmer in the component now. Also, in a red tube. Definaetly try this out. I was pretty partial to the CG Exact Eyelights, but this is so much different! Must try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by gatinha321

****Update 1/14/09: I caved and bought Black Cabernet. It appears almost identical to Black Ruby Eyelights. I thought it would be different but it isn't. I definitely don't need to have both.*** I agree with the reviewer below. If you don't like CG Eyelights, you'll probably like this. The colors seem better and the formula itself is definitely shimmery, not glittery. There are 4:
Black Emerald, Black Cabernet (plum-based brown, it's hard to describe), Black Platinum (silver), and Black Royale (navy). I have brown eyes and though I dearly love purple mascara I bought Black Emerald and Black Royale. I was afraid I'd be disappointed with Cabernet because the name itself makes me think that perhaps this would be more of a reddish purple or a burgundy than a blue-based one so I didn't buy it this time. My all-time fave is Blinc's Dark Purple mascara. But I only like it for the color, a beautiful blue-based shimmery purple, because it doesn't do anything to volumize my lashes. Many times I layer my Blinc mascara over my Black Pearl Eyelights mascara to get more of a pop of color. I just don't have good luck with burgundy near my eyes (MF Burning Bordeaux Vivid Impact highlighting mascara looks horrendous on me), it makes me look ill so I'll wait for others to weigh in on Black Cabernet. I think people will find these colors to definitely be shimmery whereas I know the Eyelight mascara was disappointing to some in this regard. My only gripe is that I wish that the colors were brighter instead of black-based. I think CG could've pushed the envelope just a little more in that regard so I knocked it down 1 lippie to 3. I found mine for $7.48 USD at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this mascara, even though I dislike CG's Exact Eyelights. The formula is the same as Lash Blast (which I love), but the color is less intense. I got this in Black Emerald, and the shimmer is actually noticeable - it's gorgeous when the light catches it. I'd like to try this in other colors.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No