Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 7/29/2008 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this nail color for my fingers. It's a pretty, sheer very light pinkish tone, and it's really easy to apply because if you get a little around your nailbed or mess up a tiny bit, you would never notice. I agree with the post below that it looks the best in the summertime with a tan, but I also like to wear it all year just because it's so fool-proof. It's nice for a professional look, polished but not overdone, and the best part is I can do it in 10 minutes before going out.

on 7/8/2008 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mademoiselle matches the color of my nail bed exactly. Appreciated when my nails have grown a bit and I am too lazy to remove it. I can only pull this off in the summer with a slight tan, though, because my coloring is very warm and quite yellow. In the winter when my hands are pale, I'm just too sallow for this cooler pink shade. But like I said, very nice in the summer. Looks cute and professional at the same time on my short nails. DH likes it, too!

on 7/6/2008 11:03:00 PM

Love this! Mademoiselle is a universally flattering sheer (but not chalky or white) soft pink. It doesn't apply streaky and it lasts for awhile too--I've had the same bottle for almost a year and it hasn't dried up yet. I top this with Seche Vite for a serviceable home mani/pedi.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I thought this would be a little bit darker than it really is,but I still like it.It's a very sheer light light pink.It reminds me of a "ballet pink" color.I usually paint about two coats when I want a very simple manicure,or when I dont have a color that matches my outfit.This would be really pretty over a french manicure.

I like that the brush is thin,so it goes on easier.I will buy more essie polish soon!

on 6/28/2008 10:06:00 PM

I love this color! It is my favorite for when I want a lighter mani/pedi. Applies pretty good, doesn't streak to bad, but I usually have to apply 2 sometimes 3 coats to look right.

on 6/11/2008 11:05:00 AM

This nail polish is great, the color is beautiful and simple. I can wear it for a full week. I like the shine and natural color. I prefer to wear neutral colors on my nails so this is great for me. I usually apply 2-3 coats. very nice color for natural polished nails. A must have for me.

on 6/8/2008 2:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It`s simply the best natural looks nailpolish. Stays for a week. And look so natural. Love it!

on 6/2/2008 9:14:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I first received this as a mini as part of a set and I've since gone on to purchase the full size. It's a great sophisticated non-shimmery nude colour on me (for reference, I'm MAC NC30) that's neither too cool or too warm. The application is great - the typical runny sheer Essie consistency that's nearly impossible to mess up. I use 2 coats to get bottle colour. It wears a full work week with Orly Bonder basecoat, and Poshe topcoat. I wear this colour at least once a month, so it's a staple for me.

on 5/30/2008 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Mademoiselle is a very cool toned pink sheer, almost a purpley pink. It clashes with my pale, warm skin. It's very similar to Essie Sugar Daddy but a tiny bit cooler, it's hard to tell them apart on the nail. I prefer Sugar Daddy.

on 5/21/2008 9:55:00 PM

great classic, universally flattering, subtle, spring color.

Popular Polishes