July 22, 2014 | 2160 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Five Piece Mineral Set (4 brushes, 1 case)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by gseymour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, I am an EcoTools fanatic, and I have nearly all their brushes and/or sets. That said, I regret purchasing this set. It has nothing I need in it. First of all, "travel sized" brushes seem rather pointless to me, as the regular sized brushes aren't that big to begin with and easily fit my on-the-go makeup kit. Second of all, exactly what is the purpose of the baby kabuki? Other than these criticisms, the blush brush, concealer brush, and ponytail eyeshadow brush are good brushes of the typically high EcoTools standard, and I do use the ponytail for powder application to set under eye concealer just because I have it. The others go mostly, or entirely, unused, and the pouch screws up the brush heads even more than simply leaving my brushes in the bottom of my makeup case.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by cherryjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! You ladies weren't kidding, these feel EXACTLY like Too Faced's "Teddy Bear" brushes! I was fiending for this set and I finally found it at a local Walgreens. I was not disappointed! These brushes are SO soft and this is just a great travel set. I don't consider this set the end all, be all - I would need to supplement for this to be a complete travel set for me, but you get some great specialized brushes, like the kabuki and the round crease brush. I paid the same for this entire set as I did for the TF Flatbuki brush - enough said right there! These are such a great value and I would definitely be interested in buying more Ecotools brushes in the future!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by FOiLED

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great set. Nicely priced. My favorite item is the baby kabuki. I like it almost as much as my Posh mineral brush! It's so soft, all the brushes are. I find myself reaching for it daily. Great for applying mineral foundation, and even better for blending.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love these brushes just as much as the non-mineral ones. My favorite brush here is the fluffy shadow blending brush. As another reviewer said- PERFECT smokey eye! The concealer brush is very much like the bigger concealer brush from the other set, just a smaller handle. I like the blush brush- it reminds me of the brushes that bare escentuals sold with the bare minerals starter kit I got years ago. Except, the Ecotools brush is 100 times better of course. It is amazingly soft and helps to achieve a perfectly blended flush. The mini kabuki is the one I use the least, because I like a large flat topped brush for my mineral makeup. Give Ecotools a try you must.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by zepgirl6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE these brushes they are so soft and inexpensive and they are perfect size for on the go...they are literally my daily brushes i use since i work early so i pretty much do my makeup when i get into work in my office lol....but they work so well and the little pouch they come in is so cute...so yeah i love these.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by slim34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very surprised at the quality of these inexpensive brushes. I picked them up at Walgreens on a whim - most of the time I wouldn't even think of buying makeup brushes at the drugstore. I absolutely love the mini-kabuki brush. It really works well for my mineral foundation - it applies the makeup evenly and the brush is soooo soft! I use the blush brush as a loose powder brush and really like it too. I haven't had much use for the concealer brush or the eyeshadow brush yet, but I think this set would be worth purchasing for the kabuki brush alone.

I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so happy when I saw this at my local walmart. I wanted to purchase some ecotools forever, but I didn't see them anywhere in ontario, canada. I noticed one eyeshadow at walmart the other day, there were only two left, and I grabbed one. Then today, the 5 piece set (4 brushes and a little pouch) so I bought that too. They are really really soft, I think they would be good for just light application of mineral foundation, if you want more coverage these brushes aren't going to do it, but they are so soft, the kabuki brush is cute too and comparable to my everyday minerals baby kabuki. Love that I finally got these, hopefully more show up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Best Brushes ever! They make my L'Oreal Bare Naturales apply so softly and look so amazing! And of course, they adorable. And the bag? Even more adorable! If you're looking for the best Mineral Brushes, buy these ASAP. Only like $12 for the set.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by wvpumpkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love these brushes. They are so soft and I can blend my makeup so well with these.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by paridaryayi13

Eco Tools never disappoints...I got this not or mineral makeup but for the eye brushes. the concealer brush for me is the perfect regular eye shadow brush...and i have to have any issues with it picking too much or too little color. It is also wonder to be used wet with pigments or regular shadows. and ohh my god the eye shading brush can u say THE PERFECT SMOKEY EYE?? yes finally i am able to create that smokey look in a short time...the blush brush is wonderful but i have their full size one and this one was given to my mom as a gift with a new blush...the kabuki is perfect for blending around the eyes (it feel like spa treatment) and around the nose...i also use it to create the C shape wit ha highlighter around the eyes. Just like all of their brushes they r SUPPER soft and do not shed. they dry fast...And yes i will buy them if i ever need to :)