Ecotools Five Piece Mineral Set (4 brushes, 1 case)

4.6

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

So, So.
I would prefer Salon Collection Brushes from Walgreens than this set. but its overall ok. Im not gonna let it go to waste.

My favorite brushes in this set are the kabuki and the eyeshadow blending brush. Here're the reviews of each brush.

BABY KABUKI -- Not exactly a "baby" size. Much bigger than BE Baby Kabuki, but smaller than BE Kabuki, The softest brush i've ever owned, and i own a ton from MAC, Chanel, Stila, EoB, BE, EDM, etc. EcoTools kabuki is so soft like no other. I can't help swiping it over my cheeks even when i'm not applying makeup... it's crazy. I agree with other reviewers that it's not dense enough to get a good coverage with mineral foundation, but for loose powder, it's perfect. It picks up a perfect amount, and i tap it on the lid, and swipe across my t-zone. It can also be used to get light coverage of your mineral foundation. There's no "ecotools" logo on the kabuki.

EYESHADOW BLENDING BRUSH -- it's also the softest eyeshadow brush i own. The bristles are like butter without the grossness. It applies the color sheerly, but i mainly use it to blend out the harsh line of my eyeshadow and to highlight my browbones.

CONCEALER BRUSH -- this brush is nothing special. It's identical to the concealer brush from the other EcoTools brush set, except that this is shorter handle, so it's great to carry it around in a makeup bag. The tip is pointy enough to dab on the concealer exactly where you need it. But it doesn't beat my favorite MAC concealer brush. The britles are just too wide. Might work better for undereye concealer, but i use my finger for that area.

POWDER BRUSH-- Also not my favorite but it's very, very soft. I don't know if this is for loose powder or blush. The size looks like it's for blush, but it doesn't pick up enough color of my blush. For loose powder, the brush head is too small. I don't reach for this often. It's still very pretty to look at.

PACKAGING: The pouch is useless. It doesn't even fit the brushes. Brush handles are cheap quality. I know it's eco-friendly and all, but the aluminum part does not adhere to the bamboo handle very well... it doesn't fit *perfectly* because i can see little air holes. The handles are bamboo so it's extremely light. Even my SO commented on how light they are compared to other brushes I own (he pays attention :P).

PRICE: $10-11 at Target. For that price, WHY NOT? I think these are the best value for makeup brushes.... ever!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i love these brushes!! the are softer than my mac brushes and ALOT cheaper! They are really great quality and are animal cruelty free and or earth friendly! i love the little pouch it comes in it keeps my makeup bag clean and my brushes clean. i use the baby buki for my pressed powder, the powder brush for my loose powder and the other two brushes for the eyes. the concealer brush is great fro concealer but i like to use it on the eyes instead. i would defiantly purchase again!

I love all of these brushes, and the pouch is cute so my brushes won't get my purse dirty and vice-versa =]

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought these brushes a few weeks ago and I can't get over how soft they are. I know they are supposed to be travel-sized, but they are plenty big enough. The baby buki is perfect for my Nars Albatross. I just the larger brush for Bare Minerals foundation and the other two are used for eyeshadows. These are the softest brushes I have ever felt, and no animal had to get sheared to make them.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

OK, I am an EcoTools fanatic, and I have nearly all their brushes and/or sets. That said, I regret purchasing this set. It has nothing I need in it. First of all, "travel sized" brushes seem rather pointless to me, as the regular sized brushes aren't that big to begin with and easily fit my on-the-go makeup kit. Second of all, exactly what is the purpose of the baby kabuki? Other than these criticisms, the blush brush, concealer brush, and ponytail eyeshadow brush are good brushes of the typically high EcoTools standard, and I do use the ponytail for powder application to set under eye concealer just because I have it. The others go mostly, or entirely, unused, and the pouch screws up the brush heads even more than simply leaving my brushes in the bottom of my makeup case.

Wow! You ladies weren't kidding, these feel EXACTLY like Too Faced's "Teddy Bear" brushes! I was fiending for this set and I finally found it at a local Walgreens. I was not disappointed! These brushes are SO soft and this is just a great travel set. I don't consider this set the end all, be all - I would need to supplement for this to be a complete travel set for me, but you get some great specialized brushes, like the kabuki and the round crease brush. I paid the same for this entire set as I did for the TF Flatbuki brush - enough said right there! These are such a great value and I would definitely be interested in buying more Ecotools brushes in the future!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think this is a great set. Nicely priced. My favorite item is the baby kabuki. I like it almost as much as my Posh mineral brush! It's so soft, all the brushes are. I find myself reaching for it daily. Great for applying mineral foundation, and even better for blending.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love these brushes just as much as the non-mineral ones. My favorite brush here is the fluffy shadow blending brush. As another reviewer said- PERFECT smokey eye! The concealer brush is very much like the bigger concealer brush from the other set, just a smaller handle. I like the blush brush- it reminds me of the brushes that bare escentuals sold with the bare minerals starter kit I got years ago. Except, the Ecotools brush is 100 times better of course. It is amazingly soft and helps to achieve a perfectly blended flush. The mini kabuki is the one I use the least, because I like a large flat topped brush for my mineral makeup. Give Ecotools a try you must.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i LOVE these brushes they are so soft and inexpensive and they are perfect size for on the go...they are literally my daily brushes i use since i work early so i pretty much do my makeup when i get into work in my office lol....but they work so well and the little pouch they come in is so cute...so yeah i love these.

Popular Makeup Brushes