November 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by delta_h52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a Sephora 100 point extra. I gave the packaging a 3 since I do not know what the full sized packaging is like. The one I got was a glass container with a dipper wand on the lid. Even for just a sample size, this seems like it was get bacteria in it easy with resuing the wand over and over opposed to a squeeze tube.

I loved the feel of this product at first application. It was silky smooth on the skin. But this did not do anything to keep my t-zone not oily and it did not enhance foundation at all. Although it is not the worst primer I have tried, it certainly is not the right one for me. I can see this being a possible favorite for people with normal skin types that aren't worried about keep oilies away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I got suckered into trying this at Sephora. I bought the sample size which came with a pump and ridiculously expensive. I have to say that upon initial application I was amazed. No pores. Soft, smooth canvas. Most foundations I tried with this primer applied beautifully. My problem is that not only did this product NOT enhance the performance of any foundation (Bare Minerals, ELDW, Laura Mercier) but it actually made my favorite (ELDW) underperform. By the afternoon my foundation was....not gone...totally....but gathered in pools in my pores and the coverage was opaque. I could see all my imperfections. It was weird. I wrote a negative review of a Laura Mercier foundation that is actually pretty decent because of this.

I returned this to Sephora and the chick behind the counter was kind of stank about it. She kept telling me what a great primer it is, how waterproof it is, looking at me like I was crazy.....you can say whatever you want but it will never count more than what I see with my own eyes. If it works for you, great. If you just need something to hide pores with no makeup over it, okay. But seriously, especially for the price, it was a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW, what a great primer!!! I tried several primers, from Smashbox to drugstores, you name them, but this one really impressed me. It makes my skin look like airbrushed (after putting makeup on, etc.). I know it's expensive, but I think it's really worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

This stuff is crazy expensive, but it works wonder on my face. It prolong my makeup to last 12 hours, which never happened before. At the end of 12 hours, there is still plenty of makeup to take off my face. So this stuff really works. Yes, it is super expensive, but only two pumps is all I need for the whole face. I don't have the white cast issue, I wonder if it's because I only use two pumps. I can imagine if you use too much, it will make your face look white. Overall, very happy with the result, will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful primer with a physical sunscreen. Works well with my dry skin and does not irritate my rosacea. I've used it alone and under BB Luminous Moisturizing makeup and under Chantecaille Real Skin. It's on the expensive side, but two pumps cover my face and neck. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by JLB2005

Crazy expensive but an excellent primer relative to others I have tried. I have normal to oily, but ageing skin. I wear a mineral powder makeup. This primer really helps the mineral makeup last through the day. I'd love to stop using it because $60 is moronic, but the difference without the primer is quite striking for me. Yes, I have already purchased it several times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my but this stuff is GOOOOOD!!!! I'm no stranger to primers and have several very good ones that I like a lot. But I tried this in-store last week and was impressed with how it looked on my hand. Of course, a hand is not a face, so I bought the smaller travel size just to give this a try. My first application was a bit upsetting...in spite of shaking the bottle well (as the directions on the box instruct), what came out was a white liquid the consistency of milk....very runny. What I tried in-store was much thicker. And I didn't want to waste this stuff by pumping and pumping til thicker product came out. Fortunately, by the 2nd application, the primer was thicker and better mixed.

Frankly, I'm blown away by how well this seems to make my pores into a "non-issue" when I apply liquid foundation over top. I didn't think this would be the case since my pores are still visible after applying the primer. But even though I can see them, they vanish entirely after I apply my foundation and they STAY vanished all day. And this primer is amazing at prolonging the lasting power of liquid foundation on my t-zone. Even at the end of the day, the foundation on my nose hasn't started to vanish or cake because of facial oil....it still looks amazingly good, all things considered. I will definitely be purchasing the full size of this product. It is pricey but worth it and one small pump does my whole face so I think even this trial sized bottle will last a couple of months.

UPDATE (Dec. 29/11): I went back to get the full sized bottle of this with my 10% off coupon (I know, big flippin' what) the other day - THAT is how much I love this primer. It makes every foundation I use look that much better and last that much longer and in spite of the price (which is probably insanely inflated), I like this primer enough to keep paying that price because it really works and I feel confident that my makeup won't look like a broke-down, cakey mess if my days end up stretching into evenings and beyond and I haven't had a chance to touch up my foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Stefaniey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So at $80 in Australia, this is damned expensive but I think it's worthwhile. Not a huge fan of the wand for hygiene but it's not a huge deal.

Texture is fine, slippery. Absorbs quickly and excellent oil control. I apply it to my T-zone and cheeks because I am super oily. Doesn't break me out, I could make 1 oz. last twelve months because you really don't need a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by PurpleElephants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm almost afraid to write this because I'm afraid that I will jinx it, but so far, I really like this primer a lot. It makes my skin look so smooth, and my foundation looks so pretty over it. Many primers seem to break me out (which is what I'm afraid will start happening with this one), but so far, so good. I originally bought the travel size because it's so expensive and I wanted to be sure that I would like it, but I just invested in a full-sized bottle. To me, it's worth it, because it does make a difference in how my face looks, and it should last for a fairly long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by starling21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a nurse, and I work 12 hour shifts. This primer keeps my makeup in place all day. It is my HG primer. I've tried primers from MUFE, Smashbox, Tarte, Korres, L'oreal, etc. This primer minimizes my pores and helps control shine. My face breaks out very easily, and most primers clog my pores. I actually think this primer has helped lessen my breakouts. I was hesitant to even try this primer because of the price. I thought the girl at Sephora was just trying to sell me the most expensive product. However, it is amazing! I got caught in the rain one day, and my makeup was still in place when I finally made it to cover. I love this primer, and it is totally worth the price. I can't recommend it enough.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No