October 20, 2014 | 2055 users online

Treatments (Face) - Retin A

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by deZire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are many over the counter products that are very helpful with preventing the signs of aging, but only two that have been proven to prevent the signs of aging and reverse it and that is sun screen and Retinold/Retin-A. There is a very bad purging process that you have to go through but stick with it, once you pass this purging process your skin will be absolutely flawless, plump, wrinkle free and glowing. I have been using Retinold for about 6 months and what a difference, it is truly amazing. I have used many over the counter Retinol creams, and they are no where near as effect as Retinold. Don't give up, even if you have purging, keep going, it will stop. Please don't forget your sunscreen everyday. Especially on the drivers side of your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sdr95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Blehpppp....god awful product. No wonder it's prescription... messed up my skin's balance so bad. I can't even write more of this putrid thing. I think I'm just a weird person, all products others hate I love and all products others love I hate...*sigh*

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by blackwhite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This made me break out super bad! I know there is a purging process but dang it was to much to handle gave it a good 3 months and could not take anymore! Once I stopped using it my face went back to normal! Now I have to repair the damage! Thanks RETIN-A!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a total HG for me! Seriously, if I was stuck on an island and could only have 1 beauty product I feel like I could live without everything else but my Retin-A cream. BTW - I use the Retin-A/Hydroquinone combo cream for reference. I have never had acne issues, but I have noticed a couple of fine lines AND sun damaged areas on my face. I have heard that it can take up to a year for the full effect, but I really saw results in about a month of daily use! For me, I don't have to take days off because it doesn't make my skin sensitive and I don't really even have noticeable peeling. This is such a multi-tasking product too - I have heard of so many skin conditions that this effectively treats. Make a trip to your derm and try this out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Retin-A for 3 years. I went to the derm when I was experiencing bad cystic acne around my cheeks, along with dark scarring. At the time I was using many kinds of products, like benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, glycolic acid, the whole proactiv lineup, as well as Murad products! The derm took one look at my face and told me to stop everything and prescribed Retin-A micro .01% (the pump). I use a pea size amount for my whole face at night, and use cetaphil to wash and moisturize. This product did peel my face around the 2nd or 3rd week, but I didn't stop the treatment. This is the best product, and I have recommended it to everyone I know. My face is glowing and this stops the oil so I need less makeup, and I honestly feel comfortable without makeup now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by junkfood1991

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HD product. I have used tretinoin for >1 year and it never fails to deliver. At first it seems to make my skin red and sensitive, but after having used it for such a long time, I find it 'very calming' to my skin whenever I use acids on the same day. It just speeds up the healing and normalizes my skin taking away all the redness and flakiness. I will never go without my 0.1% tretinoin cream!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by limari

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm 52 years old and the wrinkles seemed to start appearing overnight. I started using the generic Retin-A (tretinoin 0.025% gel) last winter. For the first couple of weeks I had terrible redness and peeling, my skin felt tight and sore, and after years of not having pimples, about 4 really nasty ones popped up. But, I kept on because I knew my skin would go crazy for a while & I might have a purge. To combat the dryness & peeling, I used Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream. It was the only moisturizer I could tolerate at the time, and it really helped!

Now, nearly a year later, I've moved up to the .01% cream. I buffer it with my moisturizer and use it every other night. I can say that I'm thrilled with the results! I've always had good skin but now it's even better. I stay out of the sun, & always wear sunscreen under my makeup, even in the winter. It's made a huge difference. No one believes I'm 52 and usually guess my age at around 35-40. I think my use of Retin-A is one of the reasons why ! I'll use it forever!

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by liboatgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using Retin-A .5% since last Feb and I decided to write this now bc of the long HARD experince I've had with Retina-A and maybe it could help someone.
About a year an a half ago I started seeing a esthetician who was HIGHLY recommended and very well known in LI, NY. I was 32 at the time and even though I have nice skin I wanted it to look better and try and avoid botox and fillers as long as possible. In my quest for better skin my esthetician recommend a cocktail of retin-a .5% and hydroquinone. I was nervous bc of all the horrible things I've heard about retin-a over the years but she assured me it would ok...I trusted her and started.
In the beginning things were as expected really bad redness, chapping and peeling especially around the mouth area. I continued anyway even though I looked pretty bad. But nothing would be as bad as what happening around month 3. My skin looked horrible!! Breakingout, red scaley patched and more peeling. I was in tears just about everyday. My family didn't get it and my husband was constantly yelling at me to stop "that sh*t". I was repeatedly on the phone with my esthetician who pursuaded me not to give up. I was already about 4 months into treatment and I've come so far already that I didnt want to give up too.
So I continued...and about 2 months ago it just stopped. My skin now is pretty clear, calm and looks really even. I had EXTREMELY sensitive & rosacea proned skin & now my skin seem stronger and my rosacea is pretty much gone. Don't get me wrong its not a miracle. I still have some fine lines and I breakout sometimes but it was def worth it. My esthetician is recommending a year of retin-a with hydroquinone 3x times per week and then I will go on maintence. So we will see what happens then :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by aredore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm using a generic 0.025% concentration of this product and have been for a month. I've had no issues with sensitivity or peeling, although I've been extra vigilant with the sunscreen and hats.

I experienced a small "purge" during the 3rd week, but my acne has finally stopped and I barely break out at all now. I think that because I was exfoliating with BHA for 3 months before going to the derm, I cleared up faster than most people will, although I still have some very visible acne scars and I've been using some OTC treatments for them.

I think first time users should definitely ask for a mild concentration of this stuff and go to the doctor if their acne simply WON'T clear up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by adrota

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have used it in the past & actually I did not get prescribed this by the derm I went to see when my acne first showed up in my early teen years so I do think that had I been on this and accutane it would have saved me the horrible skin I am am left with today as an adult. However I do plan to start using it again soon. Mostly for my acne, scars & wrinkles. At least I hope for some improvement & maintainence.I am sure you know you should use it at night. Wear sunscreen. It does cause irritation & peeling to a certain extent but use it consistently it does work.