Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

4.6

on 6/11/2008 3:32:00 AM

I have naturally pretty well shaped brows, they are on the thicker side, and basically black. I wax and tweeze now and again but I honestly never used anything for my brows for the first 23 years of my life (no powders, pencils, anything). But now, I am converted to this powder. I love how neutral it is, and the color (brunette) work amazing for me. My eyebrows look like my own, but better. This bp does a fantastic job of filling and defining the shape, I love love love. I use both colors, the darker more towards the outer edge of the brow. It really is true that your eyebrows frame your face, and defining them is a grand idea! I feel a little sheepish writing this review because I know most people reading this have probably already used brow pencils or powders, etc. So for first timers, this is very user friendly. I'm pretty sure I won't try anything else. I'm hooked.

on 6/6/2008 11:55:00 AM

This is a wonderful and long lasting product in the cutest little compact with a mirror. Some people have complained about the lack of a brush, but I find my ecotools angle brush is perfect and I would rather get more product than less product to make room for a brush (I'm thinking of TBS's brow powder). Unlike other brow products, Anastasia has many different shades for different skin and hair colors. My advice would be to get to a Sephora store and have a SA help you pick the correct color. However, if you do not have a store near you, then my advice is to go lighter. I have medium brown hair (turning grey) and the ash blonde is absolutely perfect for me. I originally ordered the brunette and it was way too dark and unnatural looking on me. The ash blonde is a taupe and has no red in it whatsoever. I have tried Maybelline's light brown brow powder and Elizabeth Arden's blonde which both turned orange on me.

on 6/5/2008 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Brunette was very dark - too dark for me on both sides, and I have pretty dark brows. Also a very charcoalish tinted brown, so not really for me.

on 6/5/2008 4:02:00 PM

I must applaud this product for the natural color selection. I have this in both ash blonde and brunette and these brow powders are not red/gold based like Stila's, HardCandy, Smashbox, etc. These are true eyebrow colors...not overly golden or red, but with a neutral base. These powders are very silky and apply smooth and evenly, with great staying power. I have tried a lot of brow powders and this is the best one yet. I used to prefer Christian Dior Pencils, since that was the closest match to my brow color but am now totally sold on this product. I am blonde with light brown brows and I find the brunette powder creates the most natural beautiful brows - defined without looking overdone or fake.

on 5/22/2008 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this. First came across it when I bought the $75 eyebrow kit. I use it in Brunette, but Medium Ash would probably be ok too, for dark haired people. I have light, sparse black eyebrows, but my hair on my head is naturally more dark brown, so the powder helps my eyebrows match my hair. I mix the dark brown powder with the taupe one (but I think I use the taupe more). Looks natural, doesn't smear/wipe off. I use it with the Anastasia brush/spooly combo. Only gripe- although the container is pretty, both compacts I've had have cracked when I accidentally dropped them. I'm on my third one now and using it VERY carefully.

on 5/15/2008 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have black/dark brown eyebrows and have tried pencils and different powders, but the Anastasia brunette duo is the first to make my brows look full and natural. Amazingly both colors work on my brows and I like that I can even mix the two if I want.

Pencils made my brows look too dark and drawn on. Bare Escentuals powder was better, but still too dark and there's even glittery bits in it - that screams not natural! Everyday Minerals brow powder was the worst because it was way too light and even had a tinge of red in it, even though it was supposed to be for brunettes. Also, for some reason the EM powder was way messier than the BE powder. Go figure.

The Anastasia powder comes in a cute compact container, which is not at all messy and most importantly gives a natural look to my eyebrows. 5 lippies.

UPDATE: I have officially been using this for 2 years and it is still HG status. I have used it nearly everyday since I bought it and by evenly using the product (i.e. not digging in the same space), I have not yet seen pan. Yes, it is expensive, but it is worth it and lasts.

on 4/14/2008 3:02:00 PM

I have very sparse eyebrows. Anastasia's Brow Powder allows me to draw on natural looking eyebrows. The color looks natural and I don't have too-dark, crayon-looking brows that I hate. This is a great product!

on 4/8/2008 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I looked high and low for an ashy colored taupe powder for my brown brows and this was one of the few products that delivered that color; everything else I tried on my hand or on my brows was too warm or auburn. So kudos to Anastasia for truly fitting colors. Compact is very pretty but I would have preferred a bigger well and not a split pan but rather two wells of the colors cause I find it a little difficult to load my brush with just the one color. The other color(darker one) is ok for defining the edges of the brow but otherwise useless to me. The taupe is slightly greenish in the pan so I had some trepidation about the color being right but it works well. I will probably repurchase because the one color is great but since I don't like the pan set-up I'm deducting a lipstick.

on 4/6/2008 12:01:00 PM

* I bought Golden Blonde Brow Powder Duo -- I have very fair skin and light blonde hair

+ Adds natural color and shape to brows
+ 2 colors for adding definition to certain areas (like the arch)
+ can be applied lighter or darker
* Best when used with angled brush
* I have better success when using a brow stencil

on 3/15/2008 1:48:00 AM

I got Medium ash for my dark brown brows. I have light brown hair, and a lot of colors just add red to my brows, or make them even darker. I need them filled in. This powder does a great job at that. It looks natural and lasts. I would have liked this to come with a bit of wax, but right now I'll settle for using some Ardell Lash/ brow accelerator over it. Even though it works well, I don't think I'd buy this again. It's expensive for a brow product. My real gripe is with the compact. It is a bit annoying to flip open. Several times now I have opened the little clasp only to have my thumbnail slip and land in the powder. Dents and chunks missing from my powder, lots of wasted product, and a big brown smudge underneath my nail to scrub off. Sure, I could be more careful, but I'm half comatose when I'm doing my makeup in the morning. This is annoying enough for me not to repurchase.

Popular Brows Products