October 23, 2014 | 1339 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got Medium ash for my dark brown brows. I have light brown hair, and a lot of colors just add red to my brows, or make them even darker. I need them filled in. This powder does a great job at that. It looks natural and lasts. I would have liked this to come with a bit of wax, but right now I'll settle for using some Ardell Lash/ brow accelerator over it. Even though it works well, I don't think I'd buy this again. It's expensive for a brow product. My real gripe is with the compact. It is a bit annoying to flip open. Several times now I have opened the little clasp only to have my thumbnail slip and land in the powder. Dents and chunks missing from my powder, lots of wasted product, and a big brown smudge underneath my nail to scrub off. Sure, I could be more careful, but I'm half comatose when I'm doing my makeup in the morning. This is annoying enough for me not to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by eflower

I got the BRUNETTE duo since I have black hair, and it took me some time to figure how to best apply it without it looking too dark but it worked out well. Looks natural and stays put throughout the day unlike pencil brows I used to use. I would definitely buy again... considering if I should buy a shade lighter, though. Definitely recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by sadiemay

I love this! Great powder that looks so natural. Easy to use and stays put. I recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

After years of using brow gels and pomanders, I decided I needed a softer look for my brows. The Anastasia Powder Duo in Golden Blonde is perfect for me. I glide my brush across the two shades to combine them, and the powder goes on quickly and smoothly, without ever appearing too dark. This product makes brow coloring quick and easy for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by misskrichardson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product so much!!! IO have been using it for over 2 years and find I only need to buy it every 8-12 months. It's the best powder b/c the color is so perfect for my blond hair and medium complexion. the best part is the double color. I use the ligter color to fill in and the darker color on the bottom of my brows for definition. My brow girl at Anastacia showed me how to do this. I have used so many other products, but am a die hard for only this one. Th epackaging is pretty but be careful not to drop-not very forgiving. I love it and hope you love it too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by suey421

I havent found a better brow powder but I have a suspicion that there is something better out there. However, I am surprised how well this powder works. I have the worlds worst eye brows. No Joke. They are so overplucked its almost impossible for me to not look like an idiot everyday. Also, I have natural blonde hair and fair skin yet my eye brows are black. Not dark brown, black. This only adds to my brow troubles. This brow powder has helped me to lighten the boldness of my brows somewhat yet still fill them in and thicken them without ending up with two toned brows. I can use the lightest color in the ash blonde duo for fill ins and the darker color to add some length and thickness to my brows. Its working out pretty well. Much better than the old pencil I was using. I still havent been able to totally tame my brows and get a look I am 100% happy with but I am on the look out for a better product. Like I said, I have yet to find one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by carrie8i8

The brow powder on whatshebuys.com is the exact same one at sephora.. not larger like a reviewer before commented. I think they changed it. I really like this brow powder. It stays on very well and has a very natural color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is, by far, the best product I've found for making my brows look natural, but perfect.

I have this in medium ash, ... If I want it to be undetectable that I've used anything to perfect my brows, I use the light shade alone. For more definition I tend to use both shades. (I like to use the dark shade to subtly fill gaps, and the lighter shade to make my brows look more full.) When I'm creating a more dramatic look, especially if I'm applying darker eye makeup, or if I'm doing a 'brow' look, I'll use more of the darker shade to really tie the makeup together.

This brow powder doesn't smudge, migrate, or fade through the day. I have paranoia about getting smudged brows (how embarrassing!) but that just doesn't happen with this powder. It's not even necessary to use a wax or brow gel to lock it in, the color stays put on its own.

I definitely suggest going somewhere and trying this product to make sure it works well for you, and you're choosing the right color before buying. It sounds like a number of the less-than-stellar reviews on here were caused by picking the wrong color. (Or possibly not having a good color match?)

You'll need a brush for application; I use Anastasia's double-ended brush - it has an angled natural hair brush on one end for applying the powder, and a spooley thing on the other side for brushing your brows into shape/brushing the powder through once applied. This brush is great, but it's not necessary to buy Anastasia's brush for perfect application of this product, - any basically equivalent brush should do the job :)
(I prefer natural hair, a little on the stiff side, not scratchy.)

It's a high price tag, but one of these little compacts will last you quite a while, even if you use it every day.

UPDATE: 2012
I'm still loving this brow powder, and I can confirm that there's plenty of product - it just lasts and lasts. An extra note for anyone looking for a more precise application, or to fill a sparse area: try using a thinner brow brush, and wet/dampen the brush before picking up the powder. You can use quick, short, light movements to sort of draw tiny lines for a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the duo in Medium Ash and it is the best brow powder ever. Not only are the shades perfect for me (I have black hair but my brows are very sparse and my skin is pale so I need a lighter brow color) but the compact is gorgeous and practical. It is perfect--not too big and not too small with a mirror! The lighter shade alone is just a tad too light for me to look convincing but I can use both the light and dark shades blended together or just the dark shade on its own. Sometimes I use the powder with my Clinique Superfine brow pencil in soft brown l for bad brow days. The shade and quality of the darker color in the medium ash duo is a lot like the old Body Shop brow powder from 10 years ago which I loved but lost quite a while back. TBS has since come out with a new brow powder but it's nowhere close to the old one I had. I don't see how I could ever finish this duo but I think I'll get a backup just in case Anastasia decides to discontinue the medium ash duo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Scatterot

My brows have never looked so good and best of all--natural! I decided to stray from Benefit Browzings and try something new and went for this. I will never go back! Browzing looked horrible on me compared to this stuff! I have Brunette and it works perfectly for my black eyebrows. I barely use any of the product so I know it will last for a long time and be worth every penny. This is definately a HG for me!