Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

4.6

on 8/3/2008 11:05:00 AM

I received a sample of this with my order from Sephora. I've done my brows before and I'd been thinking of buying a brow powder or something to fill them out since I have a few areas in my eyebrows that don't have as much hair. This is very easy to use (you just need an angled brush) plus the color matches well. I have black hair and I thought that the color brunette would be too light for me, but it actually looks very natural and matches my hair/eyebrow color. I'm definitely going to pick one of these up once I get the chance.

on 7/25/2008 2:20:00 PM

Love this powder- perfect shade!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Holy Cow, I love this stuff! It darkens my brows just enough but not too much, and I love that the one I bought from Sephora is double-ended so I can use it when I do blonde streaks in my hair as well as when I am just my plain natural dark brown. It fills in my fairly sparse brows with just a few swipes and looks very natural. GREAT stuff!

on 7/6/2008 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I’m a newbie when it comes to filling in my brows. I ordered a sample of this brow powder with my last online order from Sephora. It came in Brunette and Ash Blonde. This will sound crazy, being a natural brunette with dark brows, but I ended up liking, and purchasing, the Ash Blonde. I have bleach blonde hair and am paranoid about making my brows look darker – that’s why I never really used brow powder or pencils before. The Ash Blonde defines my brows without making them appear darker whatsoever. I use the darker side on the “tails” of my brows where they are more sparse and the lighter side on the thicker front half. This might sound insane, but it works surprisingly well, and I have only had good comments on my brows since I started filling them in every day. I was really surprised at how much better filling in my brows makes my face look.. I do not feel “done” without doing my brows now! I can’t believe that I went for twenty years without this knowledge. Grr. Anyways, I’m glad I picked that sample:) The product comes in a small compact with a teeny mirror inside. The one downside is the high price, but to me it is worth it since I like this stuff so much. The amount of actual powder you get does seem small, but it should last for ages. I will definitely repurchase when needed. I’d also recommend it to first time users, just grab a small angle brush and try it!

on 6/11/2008 3:32:00 AM

I have naturally pretty well shaped brows, they are on the thicker side, and basically black. I wax and tweeze now and again but I honestly never used anything for my brows for the first 23 years of my life (no powders, pencils, anything). But now, I am converted to this powder. I love how neutral it is, and the color (brunette) work amazing for me. My eyebrows look like my own, but better. This bp does a fantastic job of filling and defining the shape, I love love love. I use both colors, the darker more towards the outer edge of the brow. It really is true that your eyebrows frame your face, and defining them is a grand idea! I feel a little sheepish writing this review because I know most people reading this have probably already used brow pencils or powders, etc. So for first timers, this is very user friendly. I'm pretty sure I won't try anything else. I'm hooked.

on 6/6/2008 11:55:00 AM

This is a wonderful and long lasting product in the cutest little compact with a mirror. Some people have complained about the lack of a brush, but I find my ecotools angle brush is perfect and I would rather get more product than less product to make room for a brush (I'm thinking of TBS's brow powder). Unlike other brow products, Anastasia has many different shades for different skin and hair colors. My advice would be to get to a Sephora store and have a SA help you pick the correct color. However, if you do not have a store near you, then my advice is to go lighter. I have medium brown hair (turning grey) and the ash blonde is absolutely perfect for me. I originally ordered the brunette and it was way too dark and unnatural looking on me. The ash blonde is a taupe and has no red in it whatsoever. I have tried Maybelline's light brown brow powder and Elizabeth Arden's blonde which both turned orange on me.

on 6/5/2008 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Brunette was very dark - too dark for me on both sides, and I have pretty dark brows. Also a very charcoalish tinted brown, so not really for me.

on 6/5/2008 4:02:00 PM

I must applaud this product for the natural color selection. I have this in both ash blonde and brunette and these brow powders are not red/gold based like Stila's, HardCandy, Smashbox, etc. These are true eyebrow colors...not overly golden or red, but with a neutral base. These powders are very silky and apply smooth and evenly, with great staying power. I have tried a lot of brow powders and this is the best one yet. I used to prefer Christian Dior Pencils, since that was the closest match to my brow color but am now totally sold on this product. I am blonde with light brown brows and I find the brunette powder creates the most natural beautiful brows - defined without looking overdone or fake.

on 5/22/2008 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this. First came across it when I bought the $75 eyebrow kit. I use it in Brunette, but Medium Ash would probably be ok too, for dark haired people. I have light, sparse black eyebrows, but my hair on my head is naturally more dark brown, so the powder helps my eyebrows match my hair. I mix the dark brown powder with the taupe one (but I think I use the taupe more). Looks natural, doesn't smear/wipe off. I use it with the Anastasia brush/spooly combo. Only gripe- although the container is pretty, both compacts I've had have cracked when I accidentally dropped them. I'm on my third one now and using it VERY carefully.

on 5/15/2008 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have black/dark brown eyebrows and have tried pencils and different powders, but the Anastasia brunette duo is the first to make my brows look full and natural. Amazingly both colors work on my brows and I like that I can even mix the two if I want.

Pencils made my brows look too dark and drawn on. Bare Escentuals powder was better, but still too dark and there's even glittery bits in it - that screams not natural! Everyday Minerals brow powder was the worst because it was way too light and even had a tinge of red in it, even though it was supposed to be for brunettes. Also, for some reason the EM powder was way messier than the BE powder. Go figure.

The Anastasia powder comes in a cute compact container, which is not at all messy and most importantly gives a natural look to my eyebrows. 5 lippies.

UPDATE: I have officially been using this for 2 years and it is still HG status. I have used it nearly everyday since I bought it and by evenly using the product (i.e. not digging in the same space), I have not yet seen pan. Yes, it is expensive, but it is worth it and lasts.

Popular Brows Products