Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

4.6

on 8/22/2008 12:30:00 PM

I have used several brow powders that have been recommended for brunette hair and all are way too dark. This powder is the perfect color without having to blend it for a lighter effect. It also lasts all day without fading.

on 8/12/2008 12:03:00 AM

I had never used any product on my brows. I've always had dark thick eyebrows...but as i'm getting older, it seems my eyebrows arent as thick as before. I always noticed the women working at make up counters and how they always looked "so finished". one girl convinced me to try it, I loved it! i was afraid to go dark, as my eyebrows have always been soooo dark. But the mixture of the two shades fills them in perfectly. I use the brunette. And I love it. I let my sister try it, who has always filled her eyebrows in with brow pencils, and she loved this, as she noticed the difference between the product she used to use and this. This product filles your brows in without making you look hard. We love it!

on 8/3/2008 11:05:00 AM

I received a sample of this with my order from Sephora. I've done my brows before and I'd been thinking of buying a brow powder or something to fill them out since I have a few areas in my eyebrows that don't have as much hair. This is very easy to use (you just need an angled brush) plus the color matches well. I have black hair and I thought that the color brunette would be too light for me, but it actually looks very natural and matches my hair/eyebrow color. I'm definitely going to pick one of these up once I get the chance.

on 7/25/2008 2:20:00 PM

Love this powder- perfect shade!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Holy Cow, I love this stuff! It darkens my brows just enough but not too much, and I love that the one I bought from Sephora is double-ended so I can use it when I do blonde streaks in my hair as well as when I am just my plain natural dark brown. It fills in my fairly sparse brows with just a few swipes and looks very natural. GREAT stuff!

on 7/6/2008 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I’m a newbie when it comes to filling in my brows. I ordered a sample of this brow powder with my last online order from Sephora. It came in Brunette and Ash Blonde. This will sound crazy, being a natural brunette with dark brows, but I ended up liking, and purchasing, the Ash Blonde. I have bleach blonde hair and am paranoid about making my brows look darker – that’s why I never really used brow powder or pencils before. The Ash Blonde defines my brows without making them appear darker whatsoever. I use the darker side on the “tails” of my brows where they are more sparse and the lighter side on the thicker front half. This might sound insane, but it works surprisingly well, and I have only had good comments on my brows since I started filling them in every day. I was really surprised at how much better filling in my brows makes my face look.. I do not feel “done” without doing my brows now! I can’t believe that I went for twenty years without this knowledge. Grr. Anyways, I’m glad I picked that sample:) The product comes in a small compact with a teeny mirror inside. The one downside is the high price, but to me it is worth it since I like this stuff so much. The amount of actual powder you get does seem small, but it should last for ages. I will definitely repurchase when needed. I’d also recommend it to first time users, just grab a small angle brush and try it!

on 6/11/2008 3:32:00 AM

I have naturally pretty well shaped brows, they are on the thicker side, and basically black. I wax and tweeze now and again but I honestly never used anything for my brows for the first 23 years of my life (no powders, pencils, anything). But now, I am converted to this powder. I love how neutral it is, and the color (brunette) work amazing for me. My eyebrows look like my own, but better. This bp does a fantastic job of filling and defining the shape, I love love love. I use both colors, the darker more towards the outer edge of the brow. It really is true that your eyebrows frame your face, and defining them is a grand idea! I feel a little sheepish writing this review because I know most people reading this have probably already used brow pencils or powders, etc. So for first timers, this is very user friendly. I'm pretty sure I won't try anything else. I'm hooked.

on 6/6/2008 11:55:00 AM

This is a wonderful and long lasting product in the cutest little compact with a mirror. Some people have complained about the lack of a brush, but I find my ecotools angle brush is perfect and I would rather get more product than less product to make room for a brush (I'm thinking of TBS's brow powder). Unlike other brow products, Anastasia has many different shades for different skin and hair colors. My advice would be to get to a Sephora store and have a SA help you pick the correct color. However, if you do not have a store near you, then my advice is to go lighter. I have medium brown hair (turning grey) and the ash blonde is absolutely perfect for me. I originally ordered the brunette and it was way too dark and unnatural looking on me. The ash blonde is a taupe and has no red in it whatsoever. I have tried Maybelline's light brown brow powder and Elizabeth Arden's blonde which both turned orange on me.

on 6/5/2008 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Brunette was very dark - too dark for me on both sides, and I have pretty dark brows. Also a very charcoalish tinted brown, so not really for me.

on 6/5/2008 4:02:00 PM

I must applaud this product for the natural color selection. I have this in both ash blonde and brunette and these brow powders are not red/gold based like Stila's, HardCandy, Smashbox, etc. These are true eyebrow colors...not overly golden or red, but with a neutral base. These powders are very silky and apply smooth and evenly, with great staying power. I have tried a lot of brow powders and this is the best one yet. I used to prefer Christian Dior Pencils, since that was the closest match to my brow color but am now totally sold on this product. I am blonde with light brown brows and I find the brunette powder creates the most natural beautiful brows - defined without looking overdone or fake.

Popular Brows Products