LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 3/12/2004 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Packaging is horrid, the powder inside is perfection. Such a lovely, subtle scent. A staple for me...I just keep going back for more!

The idea of this product is unique and has great potential, I must say. The scent is unusual, and some days I like it and others I do not.But the texture of this powder is thin and silky as promised. The packaging makes use somewhat clumpsy at times, and some of the talc gets lost in the process.

on 2/27/2004 5:24:00 PM

This is a great product, especially in the summer! The scent is absolutely wonderful and lasts through the day. I sprinkle a tiny bit in my hair to absorb extra oils. The powder also helps me from feeling sticky in the summer. I definitely recommend it.

on 2/25/2004 2:02:00 PM

I agree with all the raves above about the scent - SU is simply heaven. I thought I would address a few things I didn't see mentioned:

To get the softening benefits of the cocoa butter, *open* the top and sprinkle the powder into your palms. rub hands together until the warmth starts melting the cocoa butter, then rub on body. hardly any clumps drop to the floor this way.

I poured all of mine into an antique powder jar, so the package is history!

other uses: add to your bath (yes!), sprinkle on your sheets, apply with puff or blush brush to armpits instead of deo, try it as face powder if you are super pale.

This is my holy grail powder!

on 2/25/2004 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this powder! The scent is light. It leaves my skin feeling soft and silky. The only down side is the packaging. Mine doesn't seem to close all the way so powder can leak a little but it's no big deal. I'll definitely purchase this again.

on 2/23/2004 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Fave powder on the market. Best smelling and feels great.

on 2/16/2004 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite Lush scent. It's been around three years since I first purchased silky underwear, and I still have almost half of the can left (I wear it daily). My secret is to shake the powder into my hand with the top CLOSED. Plenty of powder still leaks out, and you don't end up with a big mess.

on 2/10/2004 6:03:00 PM

I've been using this powder for a couple of months now. Love the scent. It is amazing. The cocoa butter is nice too. Makes my skin so soft and silky. I like how the scent isn't too strong and overpowering. I'm not really a powder person but this made me get back to using them. The packaging is horrible. I really hate it. I mean, it looks nice and all but it doesn't function well. Once I try and pour a little in my hand, A LOT comes out. The packaging just isn't made right. It should be in one of those J&J baby powder packages with the little holes on top. I'm sure with this packaging, the scent will be lost in a few months. But even though this jar is so small, I think it'll last a long time even with everyday use. I think I got mine for $6.xx. Not cheap for dusting powder but hey, it makes my skin super soft. =)

on 2/1/2004 1:56:00 PM

This is the best dusting powder I've tried. A sweet floral scent (same as Alkmaar soap) and the powder goes on well. I'd buy it just for the scent!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Like most other Lush products, this was a bit of a disappointment. The only thing I would buy from them is the shampoo, mostly because I like the lather and the smell of some of them. Silky Underwear was above average, but nothing too special. It smells better than other powders I've tried, but tends to be messy. Nothing I can't live without, and definitely not worth the money. I'll finish it, and don't regret not getting to Candy Fluff (the glitter was way too gritty and large) but I won't be repurchasing.

Top Rated LUSH Products