LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 3/17/2004 9:48:00 AM

I LOVE this scent and have been desperately trying to recreate it without success so far. It's a soft jasmine, much like LUSH Alkmaat soap and Fairy Jasmine ballistic. Like the idea of lumps of cocoa butter but not keen on them in practise, they just seem to clump up. But overall an excellent product which smells divine.

on 3/15/2004 3:30:00 PM

i'm most definately in the minority on this product. I HATE IT! it smells to me like yeast & old lady perfume. definately not what i want to smell like. the packaging is okay, but not the greatest. the price is actually good for the time that this powder lasts. it seems to last forever, that's what i love about LUSH powders.

on 3/15/2004 11:58:00 AM

This product smells so wonderful!! I apply it all over my body after I shower and I smell just delicious. Makes my skin feel really soft and smooth. Don't really like the packaging, but I will repurchase!

on 3/12/2004 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Packaging is horrid, the powder inside is perfection. Such a lovely, subtle scent. A staple for me...I just keep going back for more!

The idea of this product is unique and has great potential, I must say. The scent is unusual, and some days I like it and others I do not.But the texture of this powder is thin and silky as promised. The packaging makes use somewhat clumpsy at times, and some of the talc gets lost in the process.

on 2/27/2004 5:24:00 PM

This is a great product, especially in the summer! The scent is absolutely wonderful and lasts through the day. I sprinkle a tiny bit in my hair to absorb extra oils. The powder also helps me from feeling sticky in the summer. I definitely recommend it.

on 2/25/2004 2:02:00 PM

I agree with all the raves above about the scent - SU is simply heaven. I thought I would address a few things I didn't see mentioned:

To get the softening benefits of the cocoa butter, *open* the top and sprinkle the powder into your palms. rub hands together until the warmth starts melting the cocoa butter, then rub on body. hardly any clumps drop to the floor this way.

I poured all of mine into an antique powder jar, so the package is history!

other uses: add to your bath (yes!), sprinkle on your sheets, apply with puff or blush brush to armpits instead of deo, try it as face powder if you are super pale.

This is my holy grail powder!

on 2/25/2004 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this powder! The scent is light. It leaves my skin feeling soft and silky. The only down side is the packaging. Mine doesn't seem to close all the way so powder can leak a little but it's no big deal. I'll definitely purchase this again.

on 2/23/2004 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Fave powder on the market. Best smelling and feels great.

on 2/16/2004 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite Lush scent. It's been around three years since I first purchased silky underwear, and I still have almost half of the can left (I wear it daily). My secret is to shake the powder into my hand with the top CLOSED. Plenty of powder still leaks out, and you don't end up with a big mess.