July 30, 2014 | 1127 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2004 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sporadicity

This is a great product, especially in the summer! The scent is absolutely wonderful and lasts through the day. I sprinkle a tiny bit in my hair to absorb extra oils. The powder also helps me from feeling sticky in the summer. I definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lovedaygreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with all the raves above about the scent - SU is simply heaven. I thought I would address a few things I didn't see mentioned:

To get the softening benefits of the cocoa butter, *open* the top and sprinkle the powder into your palms. rub hands together until the warmth starts melting the cocoa butter, then rub on body. hardly any clumps drop to the floor this way.

I poured all of mine into an antique powder jar, so the package is history!

other uses: add to your bath (yes!), sprinkle on your sheets, apply with puff or blush brush to armpits instead of deo, try it as face powder if you are super pale.

This is my holy grail powder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 2:02:00 PM More reviews by sienna0202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! The scent is light. It leaves my skin feeling soft and silky. The only down side is the packaging. Mine doesn't seem to close all the way so powder can leak a little but it's no big deal. I'll definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2004 12:03:00 PM More reviews by harrietteb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fave powder on the market. Best smelling and feels great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2004 11:44:00 PM More reviews by seratonin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite Lush scent. It's been around three years since I first purchased silky underwear, and I still have almost half of the can left (I wear it daily). My secret is to shake the powder into my hand with the top CLOSED. Plenty of powder still leaks out, and you don't end up with a big mess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2004 6:03:00 PM More reviews by KITTYCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this powder for a couple of months now. Love the scent. It is amazing. The cocoa butter is nice too. Makes my skin so soft and silky. I like how the scent isn't too strong and overpowering. I'm not really a powder person but this made me get back to using them. The packaging is horrible. I really hate it. I mean, it looks nice and all but it doesn't function well. Once I try and pour a little in my hand, A LOT comes out. The packaging just isn't made right. It should be in one of those J&J baby powder packages with the little holes on top. I'm sure with this packaging, the scent will be lost in a few months. But even though this jar is so small, I think it'll last a long time even with everyday use. I think I got mine for $6.xx. Not cheap for dusting powder but hey, it makes my skin super soft. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2004 1:56:00 PM More reviews by lushkristen

This is the best dusting powder I've tried. A sweet floral scent (same as Alkmaar soap) and the powder goes on well. I'd buy it just for the scent!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2004 6:51:00 PM More reviews by dark_inferno71

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like most other Lush products, this was a bit of a disappointment. The only thing I would buy from them is the shampoo, mostly because I like the lather and the smell of some of them. Silky Underwear was above average, but nothing too special. It smells better than other powders I've tried, but tends to be messy. Nothing I can't live without, and definitely not worth the money. I'll finish it, and don't regret not getting to Candy Fluff (the glitter was way too gritty and large) but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2004 1:34:00 PM More reviews by foxychi

Smells wonderful, not too chalky. My one complaint is the packaging. The hole openings are too big to be practical, and my container also leaks...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2004 2:59:00 PM More reviews by glamourmama

I am probably a big minority here, but I think that Silky Underwear STINKS! It smells like musky sweat to me, not a pretty floraly jasmine like I was expecting. This powder also shares the scent of Alkmaar soap (Which I can't stand either).