April 20, 2014 | 1585 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by betsyab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive skin and couldn't use the water-in-perfect foundation. I usually just stick with their powder, and the Powder Foundation Natural Glow combined with Benefit That Gal has worked great. However, with weddings and photos coming up I wanted something with more coverage. This looks fabulous! I tried it out and my skin tolerates it just perfectly. Will be wearing this one all summer as it is staying on gorgeously on a hot and humid day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 7:39:00 AM More reviews by kiramekii

This is THE HG foundation for me. And trust me, i've tried lots of other foundations, high end, drug store brands, Liquid, creme, 2 way cake, you name it, ive tried it. This fulfills all my expectations as a foundation. The finish is dewy and not at all oily, and it doesnt feel or look like you have make up on.
    I have combination skin which gets really oily after awhile but with this i dont even need loose powder and my face still looks and feels dewy and fresh even after half a day! Best part is that its hydrating so it does not cause dry flakes to show up unlike some other foundations ive tried.

Goes on and blends like a dream, stays on - i have a pretty active lifestyle, and i live in a very humid country, and this stays on with absolutely no oxidization or colour change at all. Best part is that it doesn't break you out, in fact my skin's condition improved.no more red patches! I think its because of the deepsea water ingredient, im not too sure though.

Love love love it!! This is my first review so it says pretty much about how grateful i am to shu uemura for coming out with this product. Coverage is light to medium, so you might need to build up, but otherwise, this product is fantastic. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by IRENELOW

I bought too many foundation and can never finish one. Most foundation and 2way cake oxidise badly on my combination acne prone sensitive skin, some even cause bad pimples and acnes after few usage.
    Last week I bought 2 foundation at one go, one is this liquid foundation and the other is IPSA White-C liquid pact which everyone in Taiwan and Hong Kong rave about it. Both are almost same price since Shu I paid SGD$64 and IPSA I paid SGD$62.
    I prefer Shu Face Architech for daily use as it is so easy to blend evenly, I tried using fingers and sponge, no different in fact. You don't feel make up at all and It contains 40% deep sea water which is good for all skin type. Ipsa is great and have good coverage but a bit make up look since it covers every thing, too flawless and smooth look a bit unreal. Good for evening or night out as you looks perfect even though you are dead tire after a long working day.
    Everyone should buy Shu Architech if you are planning to buy ONE foundation only. I have dozens of them from Diorskin, Chanel, Laura mercier, Dior sculp, MAC, Dior Capture, SKII, Anna Sui, Shiseido, Kose, Sonia Rykiel, ettusias, Clarins, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, Albion, many many......you name it I have it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by teddyblue

I don't really use foundation, the benefits have never really outweighed the bother. Thats not the case with this one though. IT leaves my skin so even, bright, and happy looking. I have used it everyday since i bought it, which says a lot, since the last one that i bought i only use every now and then. It evens out skin tone perfectly, covers up imperfections 4.5 stars on that, i have high standards, and it doesn't look or feel like a mask.
    I have now been using this for over 5 months and in that time i have noticed that if i use it too often (more than 3 times a week) i start breaking out. Maybe its just too heavy for my skin, or my skin is just too sensitive. I still love the results that it gives, so i still highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by amymjames

I bought this foundation three days ago. I'd used water-perfect, but the staying power just wasn't there. This foundation is with all the good qualities of water-perfect, but now with staying-power. I went running today, wearing this, and it did pass!

This is incredible foundation. It might be the one. I need to give it more time, maybe a week, plus the hospital-lighting where I work. I'll update!

Edit: I've gone back to using Sisley's oil-free foundation. I found that the new SU Face Architect didn't offer color options that suited me. I even tried mixing different colors. In addition, there's just nothing like the Sisley foundation, but would like there to be because it's so expensive! Oh well, as I say, an investment, as we "wear" our face every day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by warfreakbaby

this is my new HG foundation after MUFE f&b caused me breakouts. the coverage is medium-heavy, just the way i wanted it. in the mirror, my face looks very smooth and flawless. the feeling is lightweight, and i feel very comfortable wearing this even outside the airconditioned room. pls take note that im from philippines and the climate here is very humid. i purchased this during summer. my shade is 754. in mac, im NC30. chanel, 30 cendre, mufe f&b no. 32. this is a must-try foundation. it is actually my first shu purchase and im starting to love the brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by hautelyodd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I was using Shu's Water Perfect foundation and I wasn't really looking for a new one, but the girls at Shu managed to persuade me to buy it and I'm glad I did! The coverage is better than Water Perfect and the staying power is great (I wore it on my 12-hour flight across the Atlantic and everything was still in place when I landed!). Definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by cincomomo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation while I was vacationing in Tokyo. I haven't seen it anywhere yet in America. Basically I was looking for a change from DiorSkin Icone (#030) which had recently given me skin irritation with one of its ingredient.

This Shu foundation (#554) feels so weightless I was really impressed. I actually loved the feeling of my face after it was on. For once I didn't feel like I was wearing a mask. The pump bottle is very sanitary and I use a foundation brush to help me spread it around.

This is my first time using a Shu product. I only paid about $30 USD at a duty free shop which was quite a steal compared to what I was previously using (Dior at $42 USD). I like that there is no SPF in this product, because sometimes the sunblock ingredients (specifically oxybenzone and its derivatives) cause redness for me. For SPF, i prefer to use a different product that uses Zinc Oxide as the active ingredient.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by wombat

***Picture contained in this review, press 'continued' to view****
    This is not yet released in Western markets I believe, it is an Asia-wide release for March 2008 as part of the 'face architect' series. The creme version was a winter release and this is a summer foundation, I suspect it will replace the water-in-fluid foundation.

This review attempts to outline the color code systems first. I will update my review after I receive this foundation shortly.

Please click continued to view the color chart on the bottom. Basically the colors on the left indicates the most pink base, towards the right indicates the beige/yellow base, while colors on the bottom indicates darker and further towards the top equates to brighter/lighter colors.

This color system works for all shu uemura foundations.

Say, for example, all foundation codes have 3 digits, 1st digit indicates undertone (pink/neutral/yellow), 2nd digit is how dark it is, 3rd digit always invariably ends in a 4 which doesn't have color code meanings.

So, shade of 364 would mean 3= pink base, 6 = medium or light neutral.
    Shade 774 would mean, 7 = neutral tending yellow, 7 = light
    Shade 974 would mean, same lightness as 774 but yellower.

You can see from the color chart there's no straight neutral, I believe 7xx shades are quite neutral shades already since I dont detect obviously yellowness on application.

For myself I purchase the #784 which is a new color, possibly the lightest shu uemura foundation shade I have seen lately. Reviews I read in Asian magazines indicated some shades are even lighter than it's comparable smoothing water-in-fluid foundation by a smidget. (e.g. users of #774 said the architect one is lighter than the same color in smoothing water-in-fluid version).

There are 9 colors available in the Asia market, sometimes some shades maybe asia exclusive while there maybe new shades for western markets. The 9 colors available are on the bottom pic (extracted from Shu uemura taiwan website), I would use the color chart to pick the undertones though given somehow all the colors look about the same.

For reference, I'm usually Shu Uemura #774 for the smoothing water in fluid foundation, I'm fair neutral, MAC NC20, Dior#200 or lighter, Armani LSF4, , OC10 for Shiseido Maquillage foundations and Albion Chiffon foundation in OC10, MUFE face & body in No.2.

Shu uemura concealer color codes- the 3YR, 5YR and 7YR, 9YR codes on the color chart indicates the corresponding concealer shade to your skintone. So 3YR would be most pink/red based while 9YR is most yellow based. Codes starting with 5 and 7 are most popular I find as it's tending towards neutral.
    Hope this helps!