April 19, 2014 | 1936 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not since Narciso Rodriguez Musc have I encountered such a meaty and animalic mainstream fragrance. Yes, pretty too – painfully, melancholically so – but undoubtedly hinting at the carnal, at least on me. Chloe eau de parfum is very close to poetry on my skin. It’s all about rich, velvety, crushed rose petals, a bit of pepper, milky, sappy musk, and a modern metallic bite.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by flyingfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Perfume is not related to age, not all old ladies smell of powdery rose and not all powdery rose frags are worn by old ladies, well, at least in my world.
I'm seriously in love with all forms of the new Chloe, use the EDP on spring and autumn, the Printemps on summer, and the Intense version on winter.
For me, Chloe is the prototype of the category "feminin", the perfect clean, slightly (almost not) powdery rose skin scent. It lasts all day making me feel as I've just had a shower.
I usually don't like fresh florals because they turn harsh on me and all I can smell is some artifical hair spray odor but this is one of the rare exceptions. I truly recommend it for anyone who is still searching for the HG floral because it's different from the others.
As for the formulations, they mainly vary in concentration but in the Intense version, I detect some additional amber and tonka which creates a deeper and warmer aura for the basic scent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

fresh.......then old lady roses on me.....the drydown was annoying to me and i wanted to scrub this off....my bf said its good for your grandma thats 73 and it reminds me of her walking around with her scent in the air....this is not for me...its too dry rose and stale. old lady scent so, she will smell fresh at church! lol. sorry chloe.....................UPDATE 3/12......THE PARFUME IS MY REVIEW, THE EAU TOILETTE VERSION...IS LIGHTER..AND DOES NOT LAST....THIS IS NICE...BUT IT TURNS LIKE OLD ROSES THAT HAD BEEN SITTING OUT FOR WEEKS ON MY SKIN...IT JUST DOESNT STAY FRESH AT ALL...THAT GOES AWAY ...IT MORPHS INTO METAL NOTES AND OLD POWDERY ROSES...HONESTLY..THIS SCENT IS FOR CAUCASIANS...NOT AFRICAN AMERICANS....EXAMPLE: egyptian musk...,black coconut oils, i have and a white woman would not even want to wear those oils from africa...im just sayin...im not racist...just making a point....on who would buy chloe. im 6 races in one...so chemistry is alot! lol!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by MissTwidge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love! White florals and I have had a spotty history (I think the last time we meshed was Marc Jacobs back in 2002). But this, for me, is it. It's not too sweet, not too powdery, and not too old. It's the Goldilocks of florals for me. The drydown and eventual weardown is consistent- no weird, cloying after-glow, just a lovely scent that gradually fades away. Definitely great for daytime and even office wear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by rinnins

I so wanted to love this fragrance. I love the bottle and after reading all the reviews I was convinced I would love the scent - a pretty, feminine, wear-to-work floral. I'm sure it is all those things to someone, but it just isn't for me. For me, this is a stinging, headache-inducing rose. If you love Stella, this is probably for you. I need something a little softer with a touch of sweetness, so I'll stick with Coach as my pretty, feminine, wear-to-work floral.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Laurel15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I went nuts for this after smelling it on a scent strip in a catalog, but the actual perfume was a disappointment. I wore it during a sunny day while gardening. Chloe is a pretty floral - clean, transparent and girly, though perhaps not as classy as it's lovely, be-ribboned bottle. But Chloe's nondescript and utterly synthetic character (think shampoo) clashed abruptly with sun-warmed petunia petals carried on the fresh spring air. Chloe is, I guess, a fantasy of a sunny spring garden dreamed by a girl who doesn't like to go outside - a pubescent vision of cartoon flowers in a world where plastic ponies and pastel butterflies dance under a florescent sun.

11 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by amymacd78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best perfume I have ever smelled. This will be the perfume I use forever. I do not like strong scents / citrus / musky. This is light and gorgeous. Expensive but worth the treat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Chloe is powdery-citrus-iris-rose-musky perfume that would at first
seem to be a high-end classic in its own time. But on me, it just
goes "off" and does not work for me at all. Reminiscent of Prada
Infusion d'Iris and White Linen. I do love the bottle and adverts though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Where do I start? This might be the fragrance of my life, actually I'm hesitating between this and Vera Wang (original). I flirted with it for like 3 months before actually buying it as it is really expensive; ended up getting the EDP 30 ml bottle for 56 € 10% off.
The first time I sniffed it, it automatically reminded me of a bed with clean linnen sheets, love it for its pureness, elegance and for some reason I feel really clean and fresh wearing it. Love the bottle, the scent lasts all day long on me and what I do notice is that it won't change after hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by leeyah87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Chloe 2008 EDP is gorgeous! It's the first perfume that I fell in love with at first sniff. It's a soft, powdery rose and I find it suitable for all occasions. I spritz the underneath of my hair once and it lasts all day. It is pleasant, non-offensive (unlike my bottle of Flowerbomb) and doesn't punch anyone in the face when I walk into the room. It's so beautiful and I feel pretty when I wear it. Along with Jalaine Silk, this is one of the most complimented perfumes I own.