October 22, 2014 | 2003 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WHY???? Oh why do fragrance houses always taking a classic scent...completely trashing it...coming up with a new scent and INSIST on naming it by the classic scents name??? WHY??? It's NOT the SAME scent, so give it a new name!
Well, they've done it again. I tried the "new" Chloe today. I expected the same classic rich floral with the mysterious spicy/woodsy undertones that I fell in love with in 1988 (gift after birth of first child)...what I got was some hideous scent that immediately made me think "fabric softener" (and that was BEFORE I read what the critic below stated)
It's AWFUL! Not even close to the classic Chloe scent.
Compare the notes used to make the classic and real Chloe with the ingredients in this cheap smelling Coty type imposter...
Chloe (classic) Perfume for Women by Chloe
A stunning original...
Karl Lagerfeld created Chloe perfume for the design house in 1975. This feminine and rich tuberose floral fragrance blends the central note with daffodil, lily of the valley, coriander, jasmine, rose and honeysuckle over a warm base of sandalwood, amber, oak moss and fresh greens. A stunning original.
-VS- The "New" but not real Chloe
Chloe (new) Perfume for Women by Chloe
Romantic, luxurious, elegant...
Launched in 2008. A light but luscious scent, Chloe opens with pink peony, rose, and lychee; has a heart of lily of the valley, magnolia and velvet rose. A rich base is provided by warm cedarwood, amber, and honey rose.

Review by NYT Scent Critic Chandler Burr
★ Do Not Inhale
Not only is Chloé an uninteresting, clichéd floral (why are houses still launching saccharine, vaguely unidentifiable composite flowers?) it smells like a perfume masquerading as a fabric softener. Read more...

As the critic said above...the "New" Chloe smells like fabric softener. I wanted this to be the original and thus only REAL Chloe perfume...the classic scent with some depth, some mystery behind the white floral...but, sadly, it isn't
Where is the oak moss? The woody undertones?
This is a sad effront to the real Chloe...
Please, if you want to smell like this...save some $$$...rub yourself down with a fabric softener sheet.
I'd give this imposter negative lippies if that were possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by macthessa

Love this.. It makes me feel classy and sexy at the same time, a rare combination imo, because 'sexy' fragrances often smell extremely sweet and musky.
This one doesn't! It's a nice floral scent with a touch of citrus in the beginning. It lasts all day, leaving a soft, light, sexy, floral and womanly scent. I love that it's not 'girly' at all, like so many perfums/edt are.
Just a great scent. Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by ascopes

Love it! And I'm not exactly the biggest fan of floral scents. This is not an overwhelming scent but enough. People always ask what I'm wearing when I put this on...it's so beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by lilyzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been searching for a signature scent and I'm pretty sure I've found it! It's a lovely soft floral that is subtly alluring and appropriate for every conceivable occasion. I thought that it didn't have much staying power after like 6 hours, but I think it may just be that I grew accustomed to the scent after awhile because my bf could still smell it. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the cute packaging is what initially attracted me to the product but the scent is just as lovely as well. im really bad at describing scents but it smells soft and nice, perfect for everyday. the only problem is that its not long lasting! ive been wearing it for about 5 hrs and i can barely smell it which is disappointing since its pricey compared to other perfumes :( btw i have the EDP version

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by luvscents82

I first smelled this in a magazine sample. Ever since...hooked. It has a perfect harmony with my skin. This could easily become a signature scent.

It is expensive at 110.00 for 2.5oz, but a little goes a long way..it should last a while....no buyers remorse here!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG. This has to be one of my top 3 HG perfumes!! My sister and I decided to go out mall shopping one Sunday and we weren't looking for perfumes-- the SA was spraying everyone she could in a 2 feet distance from her. I decided to try it out and I am glad i did! It smells sooo good! Usually my sister and I taste on fragrance is opposite, but this seems to work very well with BOTH of our chemistry! I was super excited! I loved it because of the rosey caramel soft smell. You will have to get the Eau de Parfum in order for the scent to last.. at $85 for a small 1.7oz it's quite pricey, but i tell you, it lasts and lasts.

Definite winner for me. I will continue to repurchase. Love the scent!~

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by kimmieduff

I absolutely love and adore this perfume, it simply smells amazing on me. The best thing about it is that it lasts...and lasts...and lasts. The scent is sooo distinctive, you've got to try it to find out what all the fuss is about. I am so happy I have FINALLY found my signature scent - one that I am truly, 100% happy with!

I <3 CHLOE!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not since Narciso Rodriguez Musc have I encountered such a meaty and animalic mainstream fragrance. Yes, pretty too – painfully, melancholically so – but undoubtedly hinting at the carnal, at least on me. Chloe eau de parfum is very close to poetry on my skin. It’s all about rich, velvety, crushed rose petals, a bit of pepper, milky, sappy musk, and a modern metallic bite.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by flyingfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Perfume is not related to age, not all old ladies smell of powdery rose and not all powdery rose frags are worn by old ladies, well, at least in my world.
I'm seriously in love with all forms of the new Chloe, use the EDP on spring and autumn, the Printemps on summer, and the Intense version on winter.
For me, Chloe is the prototype of the category "feminin", the perfect clean, slightly (almost not) powdery rose skin scent. It lasts all day making me feel as I've just had a shower.
I usually don't like fresh florals because they turn harsh on me and all I can smell is some artifical hair spray odor but this is one of the rare exceptions. I truly recommend it for anyone who is still searching for the HG floral because it's different from the others.
As for the formulations, they mainly vary in concentration but in the Intense version, I detect some additional amber and tonka which creates a deeper and warmer aura for the basic scent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No