October 24, 2014 | 1793 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the fine tip of this brow pencil. I have dark brown hair but I bought the light brown. I have fairly dark, full eyebrows and find this to be very natural looking. I can fill in my few sparse areas without it looking obvious. Comb on the end a nice plus. Great job, Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by alee26

This is fantastic! It's the only brow pencil I've ever used but it does an amazing job. I use the shade medium brown and it works nicely for me. I apply it lightly though otherwise it can be a bit over-powering. Stays put and smooth creamy formula makes it easy to work with. Comes with a comb too, so that makes it easy for on-the-go.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by karen1245

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At the time of purchase, this was $6.99 USD at CVS. The product is .001 Oz (or .05 g). This is a mechanical brow pencil on one end and the other end has a comb. This product comes in 6 shades. In my opinion, this is the drugstore equivalent to famed Anastasiaís Brow Wiz (Retails $20 USD). Simply swivel the pencil end to dispense product (a couple clicks should suffice). I found that this product applies best with small short strokes. The product itself feels quite hard and waxy. Because of its waxy nature, this product lasted all day on me (8-10 hours). Though for you with oily skin, Iím not too sure! The tip is quite small which is extremely helpful for precise application! Application of this product is not as smooth as other eyebrow pencils but thatís a minute detail. Blending requires a bit more effort. I wish Maybelline had included a spoolie end rather than comb end, because I donít use the comb at all. So, if you have any extra spoolies lying around in your brush kit/makeup collection do use it (or use a Q-Tip). This is an OK eyebrow pencil, but do try to purchase this from your local drugstore when they have a Maybelline sale. I think this is great for travelling because it is so compact and light weight.

For color reference: Define-A-Brow in Medium Brown 643 is comparable to Anastasiaís Brow Wiz in Medium Ash. And Define-A-Brow in Dark Brown 642 is comparable to Anastasiaís Brow Wiz in Ebony.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great buy at about $5.00s. I picked up the dark blonde shade. My hair is auburn and my brows are a blah dark brown but I find many eyebrow pencils are too dark and give unnatural results. The dark blonde shade looks totally natural. I like the fact that it doesn't have any unnatural red tones in it like so many eyebrow pencils do. I will definitely repurchase this one. This product is a huge improvement over those old red brow pencils that Maybelline still sells.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

So good!! And so easy to use! Love that it is so thin. That makes it so easy to use. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by graceoira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this product in Light Brown. My hair is auburn/chocolate brown, but this color matches my hair perfectly.

It's around 10 dollars, a bit pricey for a drugstore product. This product also runs out quickly (you have to replace it about every two weeks) if you use it every day.

I love that it gives my eyebrows that natural brown look even though my eyebrows are actually soft black. What a transformation, eh?

The only thing I don't get is the brush on the other end of this pencil. I never use it. If you apply feather-like strokes as directed, you won't need it. I personally think they should have put more product inside to make it last longer.

I've tried Maybelline's other eyebrow products which aren't any good compared to this one. I will be repurchasing this until I find something that delivers the same results at a better price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love this brow pencil, I've probably bought about 9 of these suckers within a span of 11 months. This was my go to brow product & I got my sister into it as well. Definitely one of the better brow products out there, but not my favorite anymore its been replaced by my MUFE brow corrector. Very good quality for the price and the availability.

FINISH:
Natural as long as you don't venture too far from your natural brows, its soft and not too harsh but just the right pigmentation. Gives you a nice, thin, precise line and blends easily.

LASTING POWER:
Its pretty good stays on for a good 8-9 hours, claims to be waterproof I think its just water resistant at most, I like that its a crayon consistency instead of an actual pencil so it stays on longer and doesn't smudge. But when its starts to wear off it looks a little weird and fake so it doesn't wear all that well.

Overall, I like the narrowness & preciseness of it, very easy to use, almost fool proof. I hate the packaging ughh hideous green with brown its cheapy looking with a useless comb & worst of all iit doesn't twist back down so its best to not check how much product you have left which sucks because you run out quickly and you wont even know it (not convenient) you can't sharpen it and sometimes it can be a little dry and break off or tiny bits of clumps would gather. Its still a good product nonetheless.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by aguskl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

i dont like it. It's too soft for eyebrow pencil. i'm using it as eyeliner instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by lawla91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'll never need any other brow pencil, this pencil does it for me I have it in black (I'm arabic I have black hair black eyes). It was very hard to find an eyebrow pencil that is just black! Most are dark brown and that just looks wrong and too obvious on me because my hair is jet black. Unlike other brow pencils this one has a very fine tip, it's an auto-pencil, you don't need to sharpen. The tip is very fine it can mimick the way your eyebrow hair looks like. It's not too creamy it won't smudge and look like you used an eye kohl on your eyebrows, it's really natural looking. I'll always repurchase I'm on my second pencil.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by TwiceBlessed

I am really on the fence about this product. I have it in blonde, and do like it for the most part.

The Pros: Goes on easy, great color - does not have the orange tint that many "blonde" eyebrow products has, lasts well.

THE CON: I have only had it two weeks and it is already almost gone. I only use it once a day. Since it is a twist up, I only extend enough for application, by the time I do one eye I have to twist up again.