September 20, 2014 | 1194 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great buy at about $5.00s. I picked up the dark blonde shade. My hair is auburn and my brows are a blah dark brown but I find many eyebrow pencils are too dark and give unnatural results. The dark blonde shade looks totally natural. I like the fact that it doesn't have any unnatural red tones in it like so many eyebrow pencils do. I will definitely repurchase this one. This product is a huge improvement over those old red brow pencils that Maybelline still sells.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

So good!! And so easy to use! Love that it is so thin. That makes it so easy to use. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by graceoira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this product in Light Brown. My hair is auburn/chocolate brown, but this color matches my hair perfectly.

It's around 10 dollars, a bit pricey for a drugstore product. This product also runs out quickly (you have to replace it about every two weeks) if you use it every day.

I love that it gives my eyebrows that natural brown look even though my eyebrows are actually soft black. What a transformation, eh?

The only thing I don't get is the brush on the other end of this pencil. I never use it. If you apply feather-like strokes as directed, you won't need it. I personally think they should have put more product inside to make it last longer.

I've tried Maybelline's other eyebrow products which aren't any good compared to this one. I will be repurchasing this until I find something that delivers the same results at a better price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love this brow pencil, I've probably bought about 9 of these suckers within a span of 11 months. This was my go to brow product & I got my sister into it as well. Definitely one of the better brow products out there, but not my favorite anymore its been replaced by my MUFE brow corrector. Very good quality for the price and the availability.

FINISH:
Natural as long as you don't venture too far from your natural brows, its soft and not too harsh but just the right pigmentation. Gives you a nice, thin, precise line and blends easily.

LASTING POWER:
Its pretty good stays on for a good 8-9 hours, claims to be waterproof I think its just water resistant at most, I like that its a crayon consistency instead of an actual pencil so it stays on longer and doesn't smudge. But when its starts to wear off it looks a little weird and fake so it doesn't wear all that well.

Overall, I like the narrowness & preciseness of it, very easy to use, almost fool proof. I hate the packaging ughh hideous green with brown its cheapy looking with a useless comb & worst of all iit doesn't twist back down so its best to not check how much product you have left which sucks because you run out quickly and you wont even know it (not convenient) you can't sharpen it and sometimes it can be a little dry and break off or tiny bits of clumps would gather. Its still a good product nonetheless.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by aguskl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

i dont like it. It's too soft for eyebrow pencil. i'm using it as eyeliner instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by lawla91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'll never need any other brow pencil, this pencil does it for me I have it in black (I'm arabic I have black hair black eyes). It was very hard to find an eyebrow pencil that is just black! Most are dark brown and that just looks wrong and too obvious on me because my hair is jet black. Unlike other brow pencils this one has a very fine tip, it's an auto-pencil, you don't need to sharpen. The tip is very fine it can mimick the way your eyebrow hair looks like. It's not too creamy it won't smudge and look like you used an eye kohl on your eyebrows, it's really natural looking. I'll always repurchase I'm on my second pencil.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by TwiceBlessed

I am really on the fence about this product. I have it in blonde, and do like it for the most part.

The Pros: Goes on easy, great color - does not have the orange tint that many "blonde" eyebrow products has, lasts well.

THE CON: I have only had it two weeks and it is already almost gone. I only use it once a day. Since it is a twist up, I only extend enough for application, by the time I do one eye I have to twist up again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by devilzfood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've tried about 4 or 5 other eyebrow pencils from the drugstore, and this is by far the best. The pencil is quite thin, so it's easier to get a nice even line, and you don't have to sharpen it which is of course awesome. I like the color, the texture, and consistency. The only downfall is in the packaging. I was running the comb end of the pencil through my brow and it snapped right off. You'd think I was running it through sheeps wool or something the way it just came off, but my brows aren't that crazy, honest! But in all seriousness, this is definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Bronz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Define-a-brow in Dark brown:

This is definitely a great replacement for MAC lingering eyebrow pencil (which costs me $40 + post - as apposed to the maybelline pencil which cost me $15 from Woolworths)

The only thing that doesn't make sense is the little comb thing on the end? I'd much rather it have the Revlon Colour-stay Eyebrow pencil 'Spooly' end (the Revlon pencil is also a good one but i find the pencil itself a little thick where as the pencil in Define-a-brow is nice and thin.

Overall a great product and i will buy again! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

This is one of my favorite drugstore brow products. I have it in Medium Brown, despite I have dark brown brows - because I wanted it to match my medium brown hair. I think this is a great dupe for "MAC Brows" retractable pencil. It is slightly drier in consistency though. It's pigmented, but it's not overly pigmented where it looks unnatural. It has a almost powdery finish.. which adds to the natural look. Love this stuff - it lasts all day. You have to be careful not to twist the pencil too much or else it can break off and waste a lot of product. With daily use - it runs out sort of quick.. but it's more affordable than MAC's pencil.. so I'm happy I found a dupe. I've repurchased this several times already.