MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

4.2

on 7/10/2009 3:06:00 AM

I don't like this product. For me, it's a pressed powder with nothing unusual. I don't really see the difference for its "mineralize". I tried to use it a powder to set my foundation, but ended up with caking after several minutes. I also tried to use it as a powder foundation, which is not it designed to be, I supposed. It came to be a better result, I had a "matte finish" look. It caked, at last. I am so disappointed. Beside the fact of that my foundation cakes after few hours and looks terribly cheap, it makes my cheeks itch after drying them out. I think MAC's foundation is something really not for me. This will be the end of my trail to mac's foundation.

on 7/7/2009 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am an NC 35, oily skin type, with pretty sensitive skin. I've tried Studio tech only to have it melt off halfway through the day, and after hearing about Studio Fix being like pore spackle, the MUA at MAC suggested MSFN. He said he wore it every day and his skin looked amazing, then tried the Medium dark on me, and in "MAC Lighting" it looked my color. I tried it on the next morning and noticed it looked like I put on a lot of bronzer... I kind of ditched it for awhile because i didn't like how orange it made me look. And usually I have to keep an eye on my skin to see how foundations affect it, and I never noticed any breakouts because of it. And most people say that it doesn't break them out so that's a plus! But after wanting a pressed powder to throw in my bag to blot with, i went back to MAC and asked the MUA if I should buy Medium Plus and just mix it with Medium Dark, because Medium looked really light in the pan. And he said "You were swatched with Medium Dark? no, you're just a medium plus." I was worried about looking chalky... then looked in "MAC lighting" then in natural lighting and it blended great! So I'm definitely a fan of the coverage and the non-chalky satin finish.
CON: does very little for oil control! I'm going to try out using my Laura Mercier transparent powder over it to set the powder and keep you posted!

Edit: BROKE ME OUT:(
I wanted to love it! I really did. *Sigh*

on 7/3/2009 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The best finishing powder ever!!!! I love this just makes my skin look absolutely flawless and to die for! it gives just a nice satin sheen to your skin and the color suits my NC40 skin perfectly! It even looks nice on its own (i.e. not over foundation) for those days you just want a little bit of coverage but not a full on face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm soo happy i fianlly got this! i've been eyeing this stuff for awhile and i'm glad i finally decided to try it!. I had been using MAC studio fix powder foundation before and even though i do really like it i wanted to try liquid foundation again and i wanted to try this powder over my liquid foundation. I tried it over a sample i had got from the MAC store of studio fix fluid and i loved the results but..studio fix fluid broke me out :( i then tried this powder over Revlon colorstay founation and it looks awesome!! i just buff this powder with my 183 and use a quick spritz of fix+ and my makeup has been lasting a long time. rave from me! UPDATE: Medium Plus ended up being a bit too dark for me, and it also gave me a slight pinkish cast, that i didn't notice at first, i went back and the mua gave Medium and it looks much better. I was a little concerned because i heard that the Medium has pink undertones, but i havn't noticed any pink tones on my very yellow skin.

on 6/22/2009 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder! I am a hardcore liquid foundation kind of girl. I decided that I should give something lighter a try. This gives you a beautiful finish with decent coverage. I use about one pump of Makeup forever HD foundation and then put the skin finish on top. The result is perfect, luminious skin. And it lasts all day!! It blends in so well and looks perfectly natural. I wish it came with a mirror but other than that I love it.

on 6/10/2009 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love Love Love MSF!!! I use this to set my foundation and it literally looks like someone has airbrushed my face. The best part about it is that it really does look natural. I use MSF with my kabuki brush and buff away. Makes your skin look so beautiful. It also works well to cover up shine throughout the day especially in your Tzone area. Would recommend this for everyone! Doesn't make me break out one bit and is worth every single penny I spent. Thank you MAC!

on 5/21/2009 2:59:00 AM

great stuffs........perfect for touch up coz it's not thick with just the right amount of coverage if you already had foundation underneath...........just makes your skin looks more even and smooth but not heavy...................and i like how it stick up in the middle so i won't ended up using the middle up so quickly liked other powders that ends up liked a ring and broke.......but since i use it as a touch up powder it would be really useful if it has a build in mirror so i dun need to hold another mirror while using it................but it's definately i must try for people who loves makeup........

on 5/20/2009 1:20:00 PM

For the most part, the reviews on here are good. There are a few that seem to ask what everyone else sees in this product. I think that this product beats other face powders because it's got better coverage, without appearing to be cakey. I used to use Clinique's loose powder to set my foundation (I don't wear foundation all over, just where I need to even out my skin tone) and I found that it was a little too sheer. If I messed up somewhere with my foundation blending, you could see it even with the powder on top. I'm not saying that powder is supposed to cover/mask everything, but at the same time I want to see it do SOMETHING. Anyhow, this MSF has really good coverage but doesn't appear cakey or overdone.

For reference, I am a NW25 in foundation and I use the MSF in Medium Plus.

on 5/18/2009 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had a love/hate relationship w/ this product, I thought it was way too dark for my NC35 skin but since I am getting slightly tanned from the sun, it looks perfect for my skin! After my HORRIBLE experience w/ the Studio Fix foundation, I thought I'd stay away from MAC face products for good but this seems to work fine for me, no breakouts or anything, so I really like this. Unlike a lot of ppl that use the kabuki brush for this powder, I find it best to use the makeup sponge because it picks up more product and the application appeared flawless!!! The only downfall is the oil control, it's not that superb but if you have MAC blot powder then you'll be fine. if U have normal skin I think this will be perfect for U. it costs $25 which is reasonable since I've had it for over 7 months and I still have a lot left. For now I just use this as my foundation b/c I don't like liquids, I just brush this over my lotion and I can be out the door within minutes, I highly recommend this product for everyone!

on 5/13/2009 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

HG, for sure!!! (: I can't express it enough. I am in love with Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus. I use it over NW30 with my 109 and it comes out flawless. The price is not too shabby either since it comes with a lot. I hit the pan a little over a week ago, and I bought it a month in a half ago! I gave 2 for the packaging because I would love if they made it into a mirrored compact - but, I depotted my Hello Kitty Beauty Powder and put my MSF/Natural in it. (: I recommend doing that with any Beauty Powder of MAC's. I use MSF without primer, but I'm thinking of getting the Prep and Prime because my face gets really oily and rubs off. My alternative to blotting is just reapplying the MSF throughout the day (usually only once) just to get the matte finish again. 5 LIPPIES!

Recommended for Normal Skin