November 27, 2014 | 1634 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by DazzleStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best finishing powder ever!!!! I love this just makes my skin look absolutely flawless and to die for! it gives just a nice satin sheen to your skin and the color suits my NC40 skin perfectly! It even looks nice on its own (i.e. not over foundation) for those days you just want a little bit of coverage but not a full on face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm soo happy i fianlly got this! i've been eyeing this stuff for awhile and i'm glad i finally decided to try it!. I had been using MAC studio fix powder foundation before and even though i do really like it i wanted to try liquid foundation again and i wanted to try this powder over my liquid foundation. I tried it over a sample i had got from the MAC store of studio fix fluid and i loved the results but..studio fix fluid broke me out :( i then tried this powder over Revlon colorstay founation and it looks awesome!! i just buff this powder with my 183 and use a quick spritz of fix+ and my makeup has been lasting a long time. rave from me! UPDATE: Medium Plus ended up being a bit too dark for me, and it also gave me a slight pinkish cast, that i didn't notice at first, i went back and the mua gave Medium and it looks much better. I was a little concerned because i heard that the Medium has pink undertones, but i havn't noticed any pink tones on my very yellow skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by PrincesssA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder! I am a hardcore liquid foundation kind of girl. I decided that I should give something lighter a try. This gives you a beautiful finish with decent coverage. I use about one pump of Makeup forever HD foundation and then put the skin finish on top. The result is perfect, luminious skin. And it lasts all day!! It blends in so well and looks perfectly natural. I wish it came with a mirror but other than that I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by valdezc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love MSF!!! I use this to set my foundation and it literally looks like someone has airbrushed my face. The best part about it is that it really does look natural. I use MSF with my kabuki brush and buff away. Makes your skin look so beautiful. It also works well to cover up shine throughout the day especially in your Tzone area. Would recommend this for everyone! Doesn't make me break out one bit and is worth every single penny I spent. Thank you MAC!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

great stuffs........perfect for touch up coz it's not thick with just the right amount of coverage if you already had foundation underneath...........just makes your skin looks more even and smooth but not heavy...................and i like how it stick up in the middle so i won't ended up using the middle up so quickly liked other powders that ends up liked a ring and broke.......but since i use it as a touch up powder it would be really useful if it has a build in mirror so i dun need to hold another mirror while using it................but it's definately i must try for people who loves makeup........

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the most part, the reviews on here are good. There are a few that seem to ask what everyone else sees in this product. I think that this product beats other face powders because it's got better coverage, without appearing to be cakey. I used to use Clinique's loose powder to set my foundation (I don't wear foundation all over, just where I need to even out my skin tone) and I found that it was a little too sheer. If I messed up somewhere with my foundation blending, you could see it even with the powder on top. I'm not saying that powder is supposed to cover/mask everything, but at the same time I want to see it do SOMETHING. Anyhow, this MSF has really good coverage but doesn't appear cakey or overdone.

For reference, I am a NW25 in foundation and I use the MSF in Medium Plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

I had a love/hate relationship w/ this product, I thought it was way too dark for my NC35 skin but since I am getting slightly tanned from the sun, it looks perfect for my skin! After my HORRIBLE experience w/ the Studio Fix foundation, I thought I'd stay away from MAC face products for good but this seems to work fine for me, no breakouts or anything, so I really like this. Unlike a lot of ppl that use the kabuki brush for this powder, I find it best to use the makeup sponge because it picks up more product and the application appeared flawless!!! The only downfall is the oil control, it's not that superb but if you have MAC blot powder then you'll be fine. if U have normal skin I think this will be perfect for U. it costs $25 which is reasonable since I've had it for over 7 months and I still have a lot left. For now I just use this as my foundation b/c I don't like liquids, I just brush this over my lotion and I can be out the door within minutes, I highly recommend this product for everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by michelleeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG, for sure!!! (: I can't express it enough. I am in love with Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus. I use it over NW30 with my 109 and it comes out flawless. The price is not too shabby either since it comes with a lot. I hit the pan a little over a week ago, and I bought it a month in a half ago! I gave 2 for the packaging because I would love if they made it into a mirrored compact - but, I depotted my Hello Kitty Beauty Powder and put my MSF/Natural in it. (: I recommend doing that with any Beauty Powder of MAC's. I use MSF without primer, but I'm thinking of getting the Prep and Prime because my face gets really oily and rubs off. My alternative to blotting is just reapplying the MSF throughout the day (usually only once) just to get the matte finish again. 5 LIPPIES!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by prncss

Wow this product is amazing!! It is by far the favorite product I have reviewed. I bought this in medium plus for my medium-tanned NC35 skin, which was a perfect match. The medium dark was slightly orange on me. I have a fairly clear complexion so I was looking for a light coverage powder that could even out my skin tone for an airbrushed look. Prior to this I was using Maybelline's Healthy Finish Veil which I loved at the time, but after trying this I loved it even more.

The MSF is so natural looking and not chalky or cakey at all. Coverage can be controlled depending on the application method. For light coverage I use an Ecotools Kabuki brush and for medium coverage I use a compact sponge. No matter how much I pile on, it does not look chalky at all and still looks very natural. This blends very well into my skin and does not break me out. Also, it has good staying power and only needs touch-ups at midday.

I carry my compact everywhere with me and can't be left without it. My only gripe about this product is that it does not have a mirror so I have to carry a separate mirror with me. It doesn't make any sense since all of the other MAC powder compacts include a mirror.

For those who are looking for a medium-full coverage powder, this is not suitable for you. Even on the website, this is advertised as a finishing powder. Also, those who thought that this was too sheer, I would recommend using a sponge to apply this to get heavier coverage.

I would definitely recommend and buy again! It is worth every penny.

UPDATE - This was great for winter but when I wore this in summer on vacation in humid weather, it broke me out really bad. I had little bumps all over my forehead and I couldn't wear any powder/foundation for 2 weeks in order for it to clear away. I have since switched to Everyday Minerals in Olive Medium, which has not broke me out even in humid weather.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by kittyfly77

I use it over my Studio Fix Liquid Foundation on NW30 and it looks great. Now that I'm starting to get a little more tan, I'm changing it for the bronzer. See you on Autumn again, Medium Plus!