July 29, 2014 | 2076 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the most part, the reviews on here are good. There are a few that seem to ask what everyone else sees in this product. I think that this product beats other face powders because it's got better coverage, without appearing to be cakey. I used to use Clinique's loose powder to set my foundation (I don't wear foundation all over, just where I need to even out my skin tone) and I found that it was a little too sheer. If I messed up somewhere with my foundation blending, you could see it even with the powder on top. I'm not saying that powder is supposed to cover/mask everything, but at the same time I want to see it do SOMETHING. Anyhow, this MSF has really good coverage but doesn't appear cakey or overdone.

For reference, I am a NW25 in foundation and I use the MSF in Medium Plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

I had a love/hate relationship w/ this product, I thought it was way too dark for my NC35 skin but since I am getting slightly tanned from the sun, it looks perfect for my skin! After my HORRIBLE experience w/ the Studio Fix foundation, I thought I'd stay away from MAC face products for good but this seems to work fine for me, no breakouts or anything, so I really like this. Unlike a lot of ppl that use the kabuki brush for this powder, I find it best to use the makeup sponge because it picks up more product and the application appeared flawless!!! The only downfall is the oil control, it's not that superb but if you have MAC blot powder then you'll be fine. if U have normal skin I think this will be perfect for U. it costs $25 which is reasonable since I've had it for over 7 months and I still have a lot left. For now I just use this as my foundation b/c I don't like liquids, I just brush this over my lotion and I can be out the door within minutes, I highly recommend this product for everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by michelleeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG, for sure!!! (: I can't express it enough. I am in love with Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus. I use it over NW30 with my 109 and it comes out flawless. The price is not too shabby either since it comes with a lot. I hit the pan a little over a week ago, and I bought it a month in a half ago! I gave 2 for the packaging because I would love if they made it into a mirrored compact - but, I depotted my Hello Kitty Beauty Powder and put my MSF/Natural in it. (: I recommend doing that with any Beauty Powder of MAC's. I use MSF without primer, but I'm thinking of getting the Prep and Prime because my face gets really oily and rubs off. My alternative to blotting is just reapplying the MSF throughout the day (usually only once) just to get the matte finish again. 5 LIPPIES!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by prncss

Wow this product is amazing!! It is by far the favorite product I have reviewed. I bought this in medium plus for my medium-tanned NC35 skin, which was a perfect match. The medium dark was slightly orange on me. I have a fairly clear complexion so I was looking for a light coverage powder that could even out my skin tone for an airbrushed look. Prior to this I was using Maybelline's Healthy Finish Veil which I loved at the time, but after trying this I loved it even more.

The MSF is so natural looking and not chalky or cakey at all. Coverage can be controlled depending on the application method. For light coverage I use an Ecotools Kabuki brush and for medium coverage I use a compact sponge. No matter how much I pile on, it does not look chalky at all and still looks very natural. This blends very well into my skin and does not break me out. Also, it has good staying power and only needs touch-ups at midday.

I carry my compact everywhere with me and can't be left without it. My only gripe about this product is that it does not have a mirror so I have to carry a separate mirror with me. It doesn't make any sense since all of the other MAC powder compacts include a mirror.

For those who are looking for a medium-full coverage powder, this is not suitable for you. Even on the website, this is advertised as a finishing powder. Also, those who thought that this was too sheer, I would recommend using a sponge to apply this to get heavier coverage.

I would definitely recommend and buy again! It is worth every penny.

UPDATE - This was great for winter but when I wore this in summer on vacation in humid weather, it broke me out really bad. I had little bumps all over my forehead and I couldn't wear any powder/foundation for 2 weeks in order for it to clear away. I have since switched to Everyday Minerals in Olive Medium, which has not broke me out even in humid weather.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by kittyfly77

I use it over my Studio Fix Liquid Foundation on NW30 and it looks great. Now that I'm starting to get a little more tan, I'm changing it for the bronzer. See you on Autumn again, Medium Plus!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by tschueli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a good powder, but nothing special...
I still prefer the mac blot powder, because it keeps my skin matte all day + doesn't add color + the packaging is better + it's cheaper :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. It's actually my first product from MAC. I've bought many foundations, powders, and etc. I don't have too many pimples. This stuff is makes you look natural. It's more sheer coverage to a bit medium. I don't need that much coverage cuz my skin, thankfully is now better. I don't like packing on craploads of makeup either, so I just use Olay serum, a bit of moisturizer, and then concealer for undereyes and this powder, instead of packing on the liquid, and then lots of powder. eh* I like things fast.
And this is perfect for that.
It doesn't come with a built in mirror so, =(. But it's good enough for me.
And another thing you may need to know is that this powder doesnt give you that sheen that Bare Escentuals does. The sheen from BE can get a bit too much for me, and unnatural. bleh*. BE's sheen may make pimples more obvious, which is not good.
Apart from that, it's PRESSED! unlike the mess you get from BE. I HAVE BE. I know. It's good for medium-full coverage. But this is for sheerer to medium coverage, which I love.
=D
Hope this helps you guys!
UPDATE: DAHHHH! I'm so frustrated. I thought Medium Dark was my color but then I went and got Medium Deep and I looked like an orange, then I thought I'd go back to Medium Dark. It's still too light for me!!!! I'm in between these two. I loved this, but I guess I'll just never have it for myself. so thus, the color range sux!!!!! I give it 3 out of 5 lippies cuz i loved it but there's no color for me. =( It use to be 5 out of 5. damn it. Another color failure. I'm back to BE.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by tbunch

I have been using this product for over 3 years. I am lighter in the winter of course very dark in the summer. so it was a challenge to find the right color without spending a fortune to match a color! But I dab this in the winter lightly and darken in summer. Its awesome. I have tried everything and nothing compares!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by atsui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this after doing my MUA product review researching. I really hate MAC face products. This was an exception - the first one that hasn't GIVEN me blackheads and whiteheads. I use my Sephora kabuki brush to apply it and set my foundation (does a good job, managed my oil for about 8 hours). It's got great coverage and looks fantastic by itself (and I'm a girl who loves her full-coverage foundations). Mineral products usually burn my skin, but I haven't noticed that so far. After buying this, I returned my MAC Blot Powder.

Packaging: I hate MAC packaging. One small bounce off the carpet and your makeup is toast i.e. crumbled to pieces beyond repair. I won't take this one out in my purse with me, and when I travel, I'm going to have to protect it inside a facecloth. No mirror, but I don't need mirrored compacts. Excess powder inside the compact makes opening the compact risky/messy to open at times. At least the lid is clear so you can quickly assess the damage after you drop it. I like the fact that MAC recycles plastics like this.

Price: $33 CDN.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG what am I missing here??? This is just plain old powder, nothing special. WHY do you guys like this so much? I compared this with regular MAC Blot and not only was Blot more nice and matte, but it stayed on better and more evenly. For this price, you'd think this would be a miracle product, but no such thing. Plain old powder -bleh.