December 21, 2014 | 989 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 9:28:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the glosses b/c they definately stay on longer than other brands, and there's a great color selection. I bought coral sands and modern mauve...coral sands is a nudey-peach but very pretty with my fair skin. Modern Mauve is a bit pinker and darker, almost a bronzy-pink color and looks great when I want more color.

I don't think these are any tackier or sticky than other lip gloss brands. It's good to use a lip balm before you apply this so your lips are well hydrated. Although it's not drying, it's not super moisturizing either. I would say it stays on 2+ hours, less if you eat a meal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm really loving these lipglosses. They are not dark. Even though they look dark in the tube, keep in mind these are glosses and will look a lot lighter on your lips. I wish they had a darker rose color. I have Truffles and Nude. Love them alone or over lipstick. I wouldn't say they last 6 hours, but they last better than most glosses. They're too greasy or tacky. They don't dry out my lips. Don't look too glittery or frosty either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ahryb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim at Walgreens at a BOGO sale and must say, I am pretty darn impressed with this product (and I'm a makeup junkie all the way). I've bought about 6 of the shades and I really like them all. I LOVE the idea of a longer-lasting gloss that isn't 2 steps (most of the 2 step "glosses" tend to dry out and clump up on your lips)--it had me thinking, "About time!" The "doe-foot" applicator mimics Lancome's Color Fever glosses for about half the price and the actual texture of the gloss is similar to Color Fever as well--but I might actually like this product even better because it does last longer! It is a little heavier feeling than some glosses but it still feels like a very moisturizing gloss and is high-shine. While it may not exactly last "6 hours" depending on what you are doing, I must say it lasts quite a while and is ideal for work. I really ended up liking this product, for the look, color and wear! One downfall so far has been that it still got on my teeth a couple times after re-applying and it was a bit difficult to get off my teeth. Try this one, it's worth a shot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by MDgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my very first review, y'all! Let me say that I am a serious lipstick fanatic!!! I was at my neighborhood Ulta and was looking for the "Buy One Get One Free" L'Oreal Telescopic mascara when I spotted this in a new display! I was intrigued and just had to look! I saw a really nice red color "Reel Red" and thought to myself, "Hmmm...there are only two in the whole store and I have a $3.50 coupon"! So, you guessed it! I bought it!
The color in the tube looks like a sparkling medium red but on my olive complexion comes out to be a very pretty red/peony pink color! It's absolutely fabulous! The coverage is medium ~ I have to have color or I look washed out! The texture is nice and smooth and doesn't dry out like the traditional 2-step products. This stays on much longer than expected but hey, it's a gloss! Definitely a repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2008 1:25:00 AM More reviews by lizzybennet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Coral Sands- a peachy pink nude shade
First problem is that this does not last any where near 6 hours like promised. The gloss disappears pretty quickly. However I find it really moisturizing. Plus mine leaves a nice sheer tint on the lips

I like this product but I dont........

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by nic_b

I bought two tubes of this (105-Bloom and 125-Sangria) because I was hoping for a long-lasting gloss and I generally like L'Oreal products. This gloss isn't infallible, however. Bummer, because I LOVED the colors and the fact that it wasn't drying.

On me, this gloss lasted an hour, TOPS. I was careful in applying it--applied to both top and bottom lips and didn't "blot", etc, in order to get the "long-lasting" effect. The gloss felt tacky, but most glosses do when applied, so I figured that'd go away. No luck...the gloss was tacky even ten minutes after application. As the tackiness wore off, so did the color. I've had better luck with the Dior Ultra Addict lipglosses. They cost 2x-3x as much, but they last MUCH longer on me, the tackiness factor is lower, and even that light tackiness goes away very quickly.

Bottom line: I won't purchase this again. The only reason I gave it two lippies instead of one was that there are good color choices and it isn't drying to the lips. Otherwise, it's a waste. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by beautymaven81

WOW! I love this stuff!!! I bought 2 with the BOGO at CVS and I went in again today and got four more. Here's why: the formula is awesome. It's not sticky at all when applied right. Use the large doe foot applicator (kinda hard to get out but covers the lip area nicely) to apply the gloss. Other long lasting formulas that are two step have small wands and REALLY drying formulas, plus whenever I applied it the result was really streaky. Not so with this applicator and formula. Apply the gloss and wait a few minutes before pressing your lips together (I know hard to resist) to let it "set". Then you are golden, not sticky at all! While I wouldn't call it 6 hour, I did hourly checks today and it lasted about four. This is really nice because I mostly used MAC and Chanel, which may last 1 hour on a good day! LOL!

Another bonus with this formula is that it doesn't wear off weird like other long lasting formulas. Other ones comes off in patches, which is a huge reason that I never use them. Not so with this gloss, comes off like a regular gloss and maintains a nice shine too! My favorite are Undeniable mauve (looks like MAC syrup l/s on me), rebel red (beautiful red stain gloss), and Barely nude which is a perfect nude gloss that lasts. This is important for my pigmented lips when I wear dramatic eyeshadow, if my lips aren't nude I look like a clown :(

I plan on buying more while it's BOGO, even though it's pricer for L'Oreal, I think it's worth it even at full price. Considering that MAC is a few dollars more and is super sticky, L'Oreal's superior formula is a good buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

While these glosses weren't what i expected them to be, i still LOVE them! i was expecting a pigmented long-wearing lipgloss. What i got was a more sheer semi-long wearing lipgloss that smells like carmex. These retail for $10 each, but i purchased them on sale. They were buy one get one free, i had my 15% employee discount, plus 2 $2 coupons, The total for the two glosses i bought was $4.49. I probably would have never bought them at their full price. The applicator is like something that i have never seen. It is in kind of a rain drop shape that applied better to my lips than the regular doe-foot applicator. While i was expecting the gloss to be super sticky like the HIP glosses, it's still sticky but in a slightly different way. i think the stickiness is a key factor in the long-wearing ability of the gloss. I think the consistancy, however, is perfect. It's not too thick, but it's not runny like some other glosses can be. I first applied the gloss right before i left to go to the coffee shop. After eating a bagel and cup of coffee, the gloss had rubbed off a little bit but was generally still in place. It stays in place a lot longer than your average lip gloss, but i don't think you would call it a long-wearing lip gloss, due to the fact that you would have to reapply it after a couple of hours. I was expecting the colors i bought to look really pink on my lips but they applied a lot more sheer than i expected, but it's a gloss so that's pretty much how it should be. I really do love the packaging of this product. It's in a curved long bottle with a silver cap and different doe-foot applicator (as i mentioned before). The silver cap has a mini mirror on the top of the bottle. I think it's an overall sleek and stylish packaging choice. I like something that looks more unique. My only gripe about this product is the smell! these smell just like a jar of carmex, which i can't stand! I love glosses that smell good but this wasn't one of them. If they could fix the smell of these, i think that they would be the perfect product. I would definitely buy these again, but only if i could find them on sale again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Truffle, a shimmery beige-y mauve that applies more sheer than I had expected. The texture is somewhat sticky, yet not sticky (hard to describe) and it's very moisturizing without feeling oily. The doe-foot applicator is enormous and I was surprised by its size but it covers my lips all in one swipe. The lasting power is better than most watered down lipglosses, but still I don't think it lasts 6 hours! It's gone after you eat, so you have to reapply. I think it's pretty good, and I also got the shade Firey, a sparkly golden reddish nude that gives a soft pop of color with some golden shimmers (slightly large for my taste, but not too bad). Price is kinda steep at $10 a pop, but I got a BOGO free deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think it's a mistake to call this Infallible since it is not long-lasting, but also I can't believe some reviewers are calling this stuff sticky. This is the least sticky lipgloss I've ever tried. It goes on smoothly and smells fruity to me. I like this a lot. No, it's not long-lasting, but the ones I have tried that last a long time are very thick and tacky (MAC!). Plus it was only $3 after my coupon at CVS during a sale. I got it in Rebel Red and a lovely mauve color sans shimmer.