August 20, 2014 | 1134 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jeharsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love argan oil... didn't broke me out, plumed my skin got rid of my wrinkles, The only reason i'm looking for a dupe it's the price... I wish i was rich and could afford buying it more often. I bought mine mid january and i can see easily running out in about a month 1/2- 3 months TOPS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Gizzy06

I finally decided to try this out after reading countless reviews about it. I was getting tired of my skin getting flakey during the winter months. No matter how much moisturizer I applied I still had dry patches/flakes. I like the fact that this product is organic and contains no chemicals. I apply this on my face after washing my face at night with my clarisonic. It does feel oily but it dries in a few minutes. It makes my skin feel really moisturized. I also like the fact that I can use this on my hair and nails as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by sbowlchica

I bought the Majestic Mountain Sage Argan Oil, and I am proud to say I am very happy with this product. It provides lightweight moisture, just enough to take away the flakes of winter yet not enough to make me oily. My skin is a lot softer, more even-toned, and I find that leaving this on my face throuhout the day keeps me more matte than leaving my skin to produce its own oil. I have acne-prone skin and this hasn't broken me out yet. The only issue is that I still have tiny blackheads on my nose, and they haven't gotten worse since I've been on this product, but they haven't gotten better, either. Definitely worth a try!

Update: Months later, still loving this. Looking for something to even out my tone a little more, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use it under my eyes and on rough patches and it smoothes and moisturizes beautifully. It's great on my cuticles and hands. I also use it in my hair--a few drops on the ends is all it takes.

It is expensive and yes, you can get argan oil cheaper if you look around: the reason I have two bottles of JM's argan oil as they were part of sets that I received/purchased. However, quality argan oil is not cheap, so be wary if you see a piece that is too good to be true.

What would really help is if JM repackaged it with a pump dispenser instead of the dropper. As it is, the bottle can easily spill. Also, a pump will decrease the likelihood of contamination, whereas the dropper tip can come into contact with any surface.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an overpriced argan oil. The Moroccan Gold company sells the same thing and it's 28 dollars for 4 ounces. I received a sample of this in some set that was gift and compared it to my other argan oil. No difference, except for price. Of course stores like Sephora -which I love - do sell for high-end companies that occasionally put a larger price on basic beauty items. This is one of those instances where name brand sells a product in which the consumer can end up paying roughly 8 times more money just because of the brand.

Argan oil can work miracles: It's great for my under eye area, ends of my hair, poison ivy, dry skin, rashes, extra conditioning, eczema, etc. However, if someone is on a budget, they should definitely google "100 percent pure argan oil" and only pay four dollars an ounce for the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by amillionbucks

The idea of this oil had me really excited. I bought it for my face, but found that it didn't absorb the way I would have liked and didn't do much more for skin than a really nice olive oil does. It actually felt very similar to an olive oil. If you're looking for a natural oil moisturizer, I recommend Tarte's Maracuja Oil instead, which absorbs well and makes my skin glow.

EDIT: I recently gave JM's argan oil another chance after receiving it in a kit I purchased from QVC. I'm really glad I tried it again! This oil is indispensible to me now - I actually alternate it with my maracuja oil and love the results I'm getting. If I apply the argan to my skin when it's wet, it soaks in immediately and my skin is soft and wonderful. It also really helps with healing after a chemical peel. When applied to dry skin, it does take a little longer for my skin to completely drink it in, but once it does, it's amazing! I've never experienced any sort of breakouts with this oil and my skin seems to love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this product on my hair and found that I really liked it bc it left it nice and silky. However, I had to wash my hair more regularly (just like when I use any other oil) bc by the second day, my hair looked slick and oily. I also tried using this on my face as a moisturizer and liked it for the first couple of days. However, after about a week, I started to have breakouts. I NEVER break out, so I knew this stuff was causing it bc I hadn't changed anything else in my routine. I have the small bottle and I'll be finishing it bc its so darn expensive (as a cuticle moisturizer or st like that), but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by tinav101805

I saw this on qvc, and I decided to try it because I wanted to try something new and I felt like my face needed that natural glow. The first week I used this product, my face GLEW the way I wanted. I did not get any break outs, matter of fact it helped with my break out. I used to have small bumps on my forehead and this oil helped diminish it.
However today because I am near my period, I did break out.
Overall I do feel that this oil has changed my skin completely! I glow even without make up. My face doesnt look dull !

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Hautepants

This stuff made my face break out in tiny little bumps all over my forehead and cheeks. I thought it might be something else I was using, but every time I used this stuff it did it.
Made my skin feel a little too oily, but it did make it look nice.
All in all, I obviously won't be using this anymore..but I'll put be putting the rest to good use on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by jpoblete77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the argan oil. Does not leave my face oily. Personally I like to put this oil on my Décolletage keeps it moisturized and supple and my husband likes how it feels after. This product is too expensive. I go to amazon and purchase 100% morrocan argan oil for fraction of the price. I don't see much of a difference between the two.