October 30, 2014 | 1691 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

This made me break out like crazy! I've always had nice skin tone and this made me get huge pimples, that I'm still treating because of the scars. How could something expensive do this to me? I didn't return it because I found it was nice to put on my hair, just in the ends and just a drop because a lot of this stuff will make your hair really oily and unmanageable. I did notice that the area that this didn't break me out looked moisterized and smooth but I'm not taking any chances. Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Tried this argan oil months ago hoping by using this my skin would get back to normal. Iwas suffering from breakouts and redness,hoping this would calm them down. But it broke me out and made my redness even worse....so crossing this one of my list. If you are interested in trying Argan oil....Whole Food carries different brands for much less money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by curly515

After 13 years of acne, and trying every type of treatment / remedy out there... I have never had one back-fire as much as this. Within 2 days I had small white bumps on my face, and I stopped using it... 2 days later, I have actual blackheads. I never actually had a blackhead before. This went back to the store - the sephora clerk was indignant "I've never heard this breaking out someone before." Umm, ok. Back to proactiv.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by tylerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this rocks! this is all i use at night time. i have super oily acne-prone skin and have no problems with this oil. i was scared to try it but heard such good things about it. glad i did! i apply like 5 drops to my face every night and press it into my skin. since it's all natural (and even edible) i apply it to my lips as well as eye area and lashes. sure i look like i dragged a slice of greasy pizza across my face afterwards but i'm just going to bed, right? when i wake up it's all soaked in and my skin is deeply moisturized. ive noticed my face does not get as oily during the day as it used to prior to using the oil, too. love this stuff. so many uses out of this one oil! the price for the big bottle is steep, but get the small one for $14 at sephora. lasts forever. you will be so glad you did xoxo

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish this product worked for my face :( For my hair, it is amazing but I just can't justify spending $49 dollars on a product for my hair. I know argan does great things for a lot of people but it just didn't do much of anything for me besides break me out. It wasn't horrible cystic breakouts but it was consistent small breakouts which I was attributing to other products pretending that it wasn't this. It also didn't help improve the eczema on my hands or dry spots on my elbows either. I've given my skin a break for a few days from this and it has improved drastically. Unfortunately, it just isn't for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by lauram11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This oil makes my 54 old skin feel soft and dewy! I put a couple of drops in my palm, rub it between my hands, and press on my face - then rub in.

I've read all the reviews of how this is expensive - it might seem that way when you buy it, but it lasts forever!
I've also read that other argan oil is much less expensive - but have you smelled it? I have celiac disease and live at health stores, and I've smelled them all. I am extremely sensitive to smell and to ingredients, and wouldn't put something that smelled that bad on my face!

This is an awesome moisturizer! I use it at night and first thing in the morning, after my shower. I am so glad I found this! My skin looks healthy and younger when I use it, and other moisturizers I've tried don't come close.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My review might not carry much weight since I only used a sample of this.
I tried it on the dry ends of my hair (the tiniest amount imaginable) and it was just a greasy stringy mess. I put it on my face one night...didn't wake up to a glow...just felt like oil on my face. I don't get it. I guess it is for the best since I won't have to think of a way to afford it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have problematic skin: sensitive, easily irritated and red, oily t-zone, dry chapped cheeks, prone to cystic acne. my skin loves this oil! i blend it into my other hard to apply products that are too thick. love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Bought travel size from Sephora. Great product, but thete are plenty other brands out there that give you a better value.

PROS:
-made my hair soft, and skin glow.
-for the most part unscented, so it dosent affect your fragrance
-made my retin a flakes non exsistant

CONS:
-thought the consistancy was a little thick and hard to spread in comparison to other brands.
-way too much money, paying for a brand name when you can get more for your money at whole foods or online
-needs a pump, unsanitary

Yes, I am a fan of argan oil, its great stuff and its more than just hype. Just be sure to shop around before you buy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by TracyDZ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim with an eye toward using it somehow on my hair. Since it's currently almost to my waist and I plan to keep it long, I try to keep it healthy and split-end free.

What I ended up doing is putting my damp hair into two ponytails and rubbing the argan oil from the ends of the hair to about two inches up. (the reason I put in ponytails was to make my hair easier to work with. I took them out immediately after so they're not really an important part of this review!)

After the first time I tried this, the ends of my hair have felt and looked so healthy and smooth! It dries quickly into the hair and never feels greasy. Now I use this after every shampoo; highly recommended!