April 20, 2014 | 1709 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by malu22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm 44 yrs old but I still get carded when I buy wine. Secret: EVOO and Argan Oil. However 9 months ago I noticed that my used to be oily/combination skin was so dry. I had deep wrinkles under my eyes that was never there in my whole life. I also noticed some sagging on both sided of my jaw and neck. I never used a moisturizer in my whole life but I got so worried because it looks like I'm aging in a lightning speed. Then I came across about EVOO from this website. I started using it as a makeup remover and moisturizer. Then I came across with Argan oil and since it absorb better than EVOO, I use the Argan oil for moisturizer. Before I used the Josie Maran brand I tried first the Watts brand from amazon. JM is less thick, no smell and more expensive than the Watts brand. But effect is the same. I have to let everbody know that there is a purge time when you start using this oil. At least 2-4 weeks. And at least 3 months of consistent use before you see the real effect. My skin is very sensitive and I break out easily. I had 3 courses of accutane before and it did not even work. During the purge time of this oils I used Benzaclin to spot treat my acne. And it helped. 3 months after I started using this oils my wrinkles disappeared. Sagging on my jaw line and neck gone. My skin was tighter, smoother and brighter. Since Watts is cheaper, that is what I use on my neck, hand and hair. JM I only use it on my face. Argan oil has a brightening effect more effective than hydroquinone. I know because I used to use Obagi ( on and off ) but I cant tolerate the Retin A so i stopped it. I found my skin care regimen now is as effective, simplier and cheaper. If anybody is interested, here it is:
DAY
1. Wash face with Boscia Clear Complexion
2.Moisturize with Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation or Josie Maran Protect Daily Sun Protection Argan Oil Infused SPF 40 if I'm going out to the sun.
3. Apply argan oil on neck.
3. Apply Makeup.

NIGHT
1. Remove eyemakeup with EVOO then let it set for about 20-30 minutes while I'm massaging EVOO to the rest of my face for about the same time. It makes all the dirt inside my pores comes out and remove any trace of even waterproof sunscreen or makeup.
2. Wipe it off with warm ( warmest you can tolerate ) washcloth.
3. Wash face with Boscia Clear complexion using clarisonic brush.
4. Rinse with tap cold water.
5. Moisturize with 7 drops of Argan oil. One drop each on forehead, nose, chin. Two drops each on cheeks and under eye.
6. Apply Argan oil on neck with upward motion.

I was supposed to try accutane again because my acne was not going away but after I started this regimen I did not have to go to the doctor anymore. Acne cleared up. I also used to use the EVOO from Costco but now I'm using the Prado de Nunez brand. I like its consistency and smell better than the one from costco. I had been using EVOO/Argan Oil for 10 months now. I also told my sister about EVOO and Argan oil. Now she doesn't use eyecream anymore because her wrinkles are gone. She only uses EVOO every other day because it breaks her out if she use it everyday. But she uses argan oil everyday.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I jumped on the bandwagon with this product and I am glad I did. I use it in the AM only and wait a few minutes before applying make up. I love the way it makes my skin feel and look. I get kind of a dewy look, which I like. I would definitely recommend at least buying the travel size and giving it a try.I only gave it a four because I dont think it has any anti aging properties, but I could be wrong??

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by pinky33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Me: mild rosacea, finicky skin. I used to be oily in my teens, 20's and 30's...and thought I still was...but for the past couple years I've had flakes on my face. I chalked it up to the products I was using (Vit C, retinoids, etc) But all the SA's kept asking me if I was exfoliating and putting products for dry skin on me. I finally came to terms with the fact that my skin is dry and have been babying it more. Got a sample of this oil from Sephora and put 2 drops in my moisturizer at night and 1 in the morning and Wah-la!! No more flakes! My skin is actually really healthy looking right now. I may have to up the amoung of drops I use once winter hits. It'll be interesting to see if it will still get the job done once it gets really dry.
It hasn't caused any breakouts (but I'm not breakout prone per se) I do get irritation rashes (red bumps) but this hasn't caused any problems. Would I buy a full bottle? Probably not because it's really expensive. But I have swapped for a bottle AND they sell Argan oil at Whole Foods/Sprouts, etc. for much cheaper. (Josie Maran 4oz bottle = $96, Whole Foods/Sprouts 4oz bottle = $29.99) I've been using the no name brand 100% argan oil and my skin accepted it w/out any problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by shepmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mix a little of this with my Macadamia oil. I use it on my face and the ends of my hair. I love it. IIt dries quickly and does not make my face break out. I rarely break out so acne is not an issue. The macadamia oil has a slight odor but it fades. I have gone 100% natural and have stopped using chemicals on my face. I see an improvement in texture and softness of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by ralcan01

my HG moisturizer additive. i add 3 drops to my moisturizer and my skin has never felt sooo smooth!!! i've used this for a year and cannot live without it! i HIGHLY recommend it. You can use this alone however i have very undernourished skin..

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by JSH812

I like this stuff a lot. I want to love it, but I just can't... in the summer I purchased Josie Maran's Argan Oil w/ SPF and LOVED the way it made my skin look, so I thought this would do the same. It really doesn't. I use it at night and I like it as a moisturizer, but I definitely prefer the SPF one for use in the morning. It does feel nice though, I'm just not sure if it's living up to the hype.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

I'm experiencing irritation when I use this on my face and not mixed in with body lotion. A very informative SA at Sephora explained that essential oils such as this can have an irritating and burning feeling if using on skin that have been applied with retinol products. Mystery solved! So buyer beware and stick with pure apricot or camelia oil for dryness at half the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I need an extra item to get my free shipping at Sephora, so I've decided to get this. I got the mini / travel version just to try.

It feels nice on the skin, BUT I learned my lesson not to put any oils on an acne-prone skin. I got cystic acne on my chin after using this. Once I stopped, it went away.

So I only use this now for my hair, I have long hair and I need six drops to cover halfway down to the tips. It works, but not really "wow"ed by it. It's on the OK level for me. But with the price for the size, not worth it. There's other organic 100% argan oil out there for cheaper. And also, I might want to try other hair serums.

So I'll be using it until I ran out but will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ebgirl

I've tried this product a couple of times and it just doesn't do anything for me. I have combination skin with some acne scarring and a bit of sun damage, but the argan oil didn't help with any of those issues. Also, it sits on my face for a long time before being absorbed (or maybe it just ends up on my pillowcase at night). I switched between this and Trilogy Rosehip oil and there is a huge difference. The rosehip oil absorbs more quickly and my face actually has a luminosity to it when I use the rosehip vs. the argan oil. I'm sure it's just based on individual skin types, but the argan oil just doesn't work for me unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by phatsjunx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This oil combined with Ole Henriksen's Collagen Booster serum are my new HG products. I LOVE IT. It doesn't make your face oil and didn't make me break out at all.