MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

THIS PRODUCT IS AWESOME!! when I first went to my MAC store i need a foundation that will absorb the oil on my skin, have a natural look and doesnt brake out my skin. wlel i got it in this product. its silky smooth and it a portable compact in which I like. it doesnt make my acne blemishes cakey and cause breakputs also this foundation evens my skin and blends beautifly with neck so i dont get that "Mask" look. also it didnt run off my face in the middle of day lother foundations. this foundation works well with MAC's Select Cover Up concealer. Also since I'm fair skinned(in studio fix my fountiaon color is C3) i dont look like dead or a ghost. ablsolutely will i be buying this again when I run out :D

on 5/4/2008 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Word on the street is that MAC foundations tend to break their users out. Not in my case, thankfully. This has been my foundation for almost six years now and I've attempted to stray from this product like a good boyfriend, I always come back running to it after a bad relationship with another product. I've tried liquids, creams, sticks, water-activated, and even tinted moisturizers and this one is certainly at the top of my list. And to my astonishment, my skin hasn't broken out because of this product's usage even with my hypersensitive facial region, this has managed to be friendly enough to create a pact with it.

This is highly recommended for people with oily to oily combination skin. Those who have fairly dry to very dry skin may want to stray from this as it may accentuate flakiness and dull patches in the skin. There has been one effect I do notice about this product is that when it sets, it will shift one half to one shade darker than when it is first applied because it mixes with the natural oils in the skin and is exposed to oxygen, therefore resulting in a tad bit darker pigment. For $25.00, this is completely reasonable considering the hundreds of uses I manage to get out of this compact and when you compare it to Laura Mercier's $40.00 powder foundation (also another great selection), Laura Mercier manufactures only half the size for almost double the price.

The texture is velvety and smooth so it easily adheres onto a sponge and buffed into the skin but it looks quite better when applied with a large round powder brush and buffed in circular motions. This may get a bit oily mid day or after a few hours of use but that's nothing a blot film/tissue or translucent powder can't fix. This is the only powder foundation that molds into my skin that actually looks like skin because of the variety of color selections and the even applications it delivers. Until I find anything better than this MAC foundation, MAC will be seeing me at their counters for quite a while.

on 5/4/2008 4:28:00 AM

I love this product! It works as a concealer, powder and foundation all in one-it's all i ever use on my skin. I have fairly normal skin and i'm young so no wrinkles, but whenever i get a pimple it covers it brilliantly. It's not cakey unless you put too much on or put it on badly. It also blends well with your skin - i never use it all over my face, just in problem areas. Warning though- don't drop it, the powder will break into pieces. I dropped my handbag when my studio fix was in it and it was a total disaster-powder all over my handbag and the powder was all broken.

on 5/3/2008 7:41:00 AM

in my opinion this powder was just pretty much a ohkayish powder because its gives not amazing coverage but somewhat coverage like yu can tell that im actually wearing powder, super not natural. its not cakey. its makes yur skin feel smooth, not look smooth. and for example if yu had a mole on yur face or a giant ugly freckle and yu JUST wear it it will make that freckle/mole powdery ya kno? it does a pretty good job at staying there(:

i didn't think my money here was a waste for 20 something dollars , cos its good in a way and by in the ways i wanted it to be. so overall its goood powder if yu have nothing to cover but only uneven skintone or just TINY TINY freckles(: and another good thing is if yu have VERY VERY VERY dried skin in some areas most powders will make it appear MORE dry and cakey, and this one will not so its just not natural and super powdery but other than that its good(:

EDIT: >.>" broke me out, i started using it EVERY day since my select sheer (the only powder that gives a flawless, not cakey, powder that does't break me out) not like OMG crazy breakout, but i did get 3 pimples in total here and there on my face after each use, i stop sometimes. but idk >.>" maybe its just me?(:

on 5/1/2008 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I heart Studio Fix! It is a great powder foundation with a matte finish. It covers pores and redness better than other products I have tried. The portability is another thing I really enjoy about this product. I think it's a terrifc product and although a lot of users have reported a drying effect or "cake" like appearance, I think application has a lot to do with this product. A little truly goes a long way! If I'm looking for a glowy, dewy look, I'm not going to use this product. If I want a polished, matte look with a delicate patina, this one gets a thumbs up... way up! Any powder foundation most likely will not be suitable for drier skin types (even the mineral powders that promise otherwise)... so if you are extremely dry, do stay away from this product. But if you have normal to oily skin, try it! Absorbs oils and lasts through the day beautifully!

on 4/27/2008 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is kind of cakey and powdery, but I think that's the point. It evens out skin tone beautifully. It is not good for day-time all-over coverage. It is good for photos and night-time.

I use this with the sponge it came with mainly to reduce redness under my nose. I also use it under-eye when I am too lazy to use a liquid concealer, but it magnifies wrinkles more than liquid concealer does.

on 4/27/2008 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love the studio fix. i have pretty good skin so it's jst what i need. it has a flawless matte finish. it looks really nice. i would deffinately buy it again!

Alright, so I don't use this product on a regular basis, because I find that it makes me look cakey and matte, not really glowy.

I suggest you apply with a kabuki brush because the sponge made me look like I was applying stage makeup I looked so pale! This is always a backup product for me, because it's not the one I go to first, but it doesn't fail me if I need it for one day. It also controls oil well!

on 4/23/2008 8:20:00 PM

This stuff seriously rocks. I was scared to death to try it after reading all these reviews! Do yourself a favor and use this with a brush - the sponge is nice and soft, but it will apply the powder unevenly.
----
This powder feels very light and silky, doesn't leave my face chalky, and offers excellent coverage. I can build sheer layers, and it gives me the most beautiful coverage without looking heavy. It's important to apply sheer, even layers and build up coverage instead of just one thick, heavy layer.
----
I apply this with my 169, although the 187 and any kabuki brush will work equally as well. I just love using my 169 brush. Do yourself a favor and get this :)

on 4/23/2008 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

In 1997, I was on Accutane (my skin was just borderline for it - my derm didn't want to put me on it but I begged him and he said OK - I am glad I did - b/c the results were amazing). Post Accutane my skin was flawless. I was so happy! My skin was soft and smooth and poreless looking. I didn't really need foundation - just a dusting of powder to balance me out and matte me. I started using MAC Studio FIX in 2000 when a bunch of my friends were raving about it. I loved it immediately. It was great going on, great to travel with (no loose powders to make a mess) and looked great on - flawless skin always. I just dusted it on w/my loose powder bruch and would use the sponge applicator it came with to touch up. Slowly but surely, I started to break out again. I thought it was just my acne coming back and that Accutane didn't work for me. I was averaging 1-2 cysts per month (I blamed my period/hormones) and was breaking out all the time - always filled w/blackheads, etc.... such a bummer but I thought this was just how my skin was and that was that. So for the past almost 8 years, I have been using this foundation, wishing for those early post Accutane days when my skin was perfect. Last fall (September 2007), I was in LA visiting friends and we went for facials at Ole Henrikson. I told the facialist (she was amazing!!!) about my skin and the first thing she asked me was, "What foundation are you using?" When I told her MAC, she told me it was the reason for all of my skin issues in the past almost 8 years! I was shocked and almost didn't want to believe her - she was also the one who introduced me to this website!!! When I came here and read all the review ons Studio Fix I was shocked! I loved Studio Fix! It was my HG, it was the only thing that covered my acne - but it was covering the acne it was causing! It took me from the time of the facial until the new year this past January to fully switch to Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation Powder (which I love but it's loose and can be messy). Needless to say, my skin is poreless, perfect, the blackheads have left, my skin looks like it did when I went off of the Accutane. Let it be known that I never go to bed w/o washing my face (even in my drunkest or most tired moments) and I have always done things like change my pillow case frequently and have always had obsessive skin care regimens. It was the Studio Fix that was breaking me out...

I will say this though - I have friends who never had any kind of acne and they still use SF and they love it. I am jealous! But I cannot go back there and use it again and break out again. I just don't suggest this for ANYONE who has acne prone skin at all - even the slightest bit prone to sensitivity.... BUT SF looks great when photographed and provides amazing coverage and even if your skin is not perfect, this will make it look perfect, but to those who are acne prone, please don't use.... I had almost 8 years of acne that I wouldn't have had if I had known...

I am giving this 3 lippies b/c it does provide great coverage and it does look great on... and the packaging and the price is great - especially when compared to things like Chanel and Armani.