MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

I have been using this for years & years. I continue to try different products and keep coming back to this one. MAC products just work for me. I will probably always use this stuff. What's GREAT about MAC is they recycle your old containers and to encourage to you recycle them, they give you a free lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After using this in NW20 for about 4 months now I can say I'm very pleased. I had always used a liquid foundation (30 years) and suddenly developed an aversion to the mask like feel I was having with liquid foundations (and I've tried them all!). I went to MAC and got the Studio Fix Powder make up in the same color as my Studio Fix Fluid and I have been very happy. Staying power is very good, I still have to blot about once, maybe twice a day, but I have extremely oily skin and live in a hot, humid climate. I also workout over my lunch hour and I just blot a bit after my workout and freshen up my blush & lip after my workout and I'm good to go. Coverage with this powder is very good and I don't break out like I did with some mineral foundations I had tried. You just can't ever go wrong with MAC products and their back-to-MAC recycling program is a plus!! Definitely repurchase!!

I have been using this product exclusively for over 10 years (can't even believe that!) and I absolutely adore it. I don't have any skin issues so maybe that's why I have never broken out or had any problems with it at all...the funny thing also is that I am not such a huge MAC fan. I feel totally overwhelmed by their zillions of products and really just buy this. I do think you are almost guarenteed a match since they really have what seems to be every color in the rainbow. The BIG trick with using this is to use a brush and dust lightly until your desired coverage. I usually use a cream blush under it (either Becca or 3custom) and it goes on perfectly without any problem. It is really mat which I love and don't really need to touch up until the end of the day. Big fan.

I have to agree with the previous reviewer, apart from pressed Blot powder, Tendertones and the Mineralize Skin Finish Natural, i have been let down yet again by MAC! Nearly every product ive bought has disappointed me. I bought this yesterday in NC25 which the MUA said would be ok and it is cos i bought NC40 online and its really yellow on my skin. I wanted one to match my Clinique Almost Powder which beats everything hands down IMO and i will never stray again but the MUA said I should go lighter cos i would turn darker on my skin. I hate when products do that. Anyway, after i applied a few hours later it started looking cakey and quite oily and even the Blot powder which normally keeps my skin shine free for hours cant help Studiofix. Plus it has turned my blusher VERY orange. Not a good look. It is does transfer onto everything - including my paperwork which i'm really not happy about. An i now have a few spots where i never have spots and nothing else in my routine has changed apart from this. I will use it up because it was quite expensive but i wont buy again. Quite like the Mineralize Skin Finish though, would buy that again.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I waited weeks to chime in on this one. Didn't quite know how to break it to the MAC fans. In a word: disappointing.

Bought 2 compacts (25usd each) as insurance for the perfect color match. Got that. Looked and felt totally cute. Wonderful coverage, polished look. But beauty fades quickly. Polished look lasts a few hours. For a week I was happy to have given away my hard earned dollars and be in the MAC Club, I just blotted and repowdered all day to an orange cakey mask by day's end. At the end of each day I was feeling more disappointed.

Then the break out started out like many others trying to use this as a daily wear m/u. I get it: This is a professional line, folks. Theatrical use, photo shoots, and the like. This product is not intended to be on the skin and last all dang day; it doesn't come close to being in that race. Almost immediately (1-2 hours) this product turns orange, heats up the oil production, transfers (embarrasingly) to clothing, fingers, paperwork...everything. Then brings all kinds of acnic problems to the surface.

If you're reading reviews like I did before purchase, take this with you to the MAC counter:
1) I read another review that mentioned many MAC s/a's (sorry... m/u artists ;-) have bad skin. I just want to add: Duh, they're wearing this dang product all day.
2) Buy to your <3 content but keep the reciept. You can return it if you get too mad.

My rating is 1 for the outrageous co$t compared to the work you need to put into this mess to get it to work for a couple of hours. If you MUST have it, save your skin and sanity and use as intended: Special occasions, date nights, etc, when you know you'll be wearing for a short time. *Remove and cleanse skin well after the event*. Treat prophylacticly for acne that night so you don't wake up to disaster.
Definate No Repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have combination, acne prone skin. After reading all the reviews on here I decided I would give SF a chance since my Prescriptives Powder Foundation is being discontinued and frankly just isnt cutting it anymore. I bought this about 4 days ago and I'M ALREADY BREAKING OUT! Nothing about my skin routine has changed but I can tell its definitely MAC SF doing the job. I love the coverage and slight dewy effect i get after applying this, but within a few hours I am a total oil slick. I'm a C3 and its a perfect match for me but If only it didnt break me out this would be my HG of foundations but lo and behold it is not. If you have oily skin or acne prone stay far far away!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

While it is not the *perfect* foundation, it is wonderful for quick application. I prefer to apply this with a thick brush rather than the sponge that comes in the compact. I get much more even coverage and it doesn't look as powdery when applied this way. It is a medium-full coverage powder foundation that evens out skin tone wonderfully with a matte finish.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Overall = 5
Price = 2 - Really good for a department store powder
Packaging = 5 - I like how the product is kept separate from the sponge applicator
Repeat Purchase = Yes

I'm a NC45 in MAC products. Because I have oily skin and live in a humid climate, I tend to keep my foundation applications very light whenever possible. I also tend to prefer pressed powder foundations over other formulations such as stick or liquid.

I find Studio Fix to be a great product in that it has a broad range of forgiving shades -- even for women of color. This is very rare in many department store cosmetic ranges. The color does not oxidize on me during the heat of the day.

Coverage is very buildable with this product. I tend to use this with my Origins Matte Scientist underneath as a moisturizer/primer. For a more flawless finish, I will use it with Estee Lauders Idealist underneath. I don't use the sponge applicator at all. I prefer to buff the powder on using MAC's large powder brush. I build my coverage slowly using this method. I complete my look with MAC's blot powder. Using these steps, I only have to reapply blot powder twice at the most over a 12 hour time period.

As long as I remove my makeup at the end of the day, I have not experienced any breakouts from this product. The color blends well into my skin and creates an even canvas for other makeup applications.

I try other powder foundations, but I always go back to my Studio Fix. I wish other department store brands would offer MAC's color range and exceptional pricing when it comes to foundation.

I waited for at least a month before writing a review for this product. Fortunately for me my skin doesn't break out with MAC products - I know it does for others. If you're okay with most of their products, chances are that you'll be fine with Studio Fix.

I use this over my select cover-up concealer and it gives me a flawless face. You can build the product up if you need more coverage but as others have said it can look cakey if you go overboard. I don't use the sponge at all that it comes with but a large powder brush applying the product in a circular motion over my face. I do find that I just need to go over it a little with a clean sponge or brush to avoid the cakey look.

BIG NOTE: There is a difference between an allergic reaction 'break out' and clogged pores - you can't avoid clogged pores if you wear makeup. For a product that gives this kind of coverage I definately recommend using a makeup remover and a good cleanser to take off the product and prevent break outs. For frequent use of the product (i.e. everday for work) I would even exfoliate more than once a week. I use a daily exfoliating wash cream so it's not too harsh but it gets rid of the gunk we put on our faces to look lovely :)

I used this product for 8 months. The coverage was good, but by the end of the day it looked cake like and uneven. I work long days and I was hoping to have a foundation that lasted long and looked fresh. This was not it. As soon as I stoped using the product and switched to a different foundation my skin cleared up almost overnight! Needless to say, if your prone to breakouts this is not for you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials