September 30, 2014 | 1191 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by MMedina112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Over the past years I have gone back and forth with this foundation, its seriously not my favorite, butjust for being MAC, I always try it again and again, but I ALWAYS return, it this last time I bought I was determined to keep it and use it, and nope I couldnt do that!, I got like two to three small really painful pimples on my chin, and I was oh no its the studio fix, and before I got anymore i returned it!, i dont want my skin to get bad!, and another thing, its a real shame that for some reason I just cannot find the proper shade, I'm thinking with MAC having soooo many shades why the flip cant I find the right one I seriously dont understand, cus with chanel i have no problem finding my shade, and they have like freaken 2 shades to chose from compared to MAC!...its pretty sad business..but to all those ppl who use studio fix without any problem and a good shade, congrats because it does have good coverage and is easy to apply and is overall a good product for ppl with normal skin, not sensitive like mine!
UPDATE: Ok again i got that little urge in my tummy to go and try this foundation, and I think that now I will actually keep, it the shade I was matched to is C4, and let me tell ya its pretty darn good, the coverage isgreat, but i never really had a problem with it, i use my 182 brush to apply it, then the 187 to blend all over with loose blot powder. I must use prep and prime and chanel T-mat shine control with it though, cus if i dont the foundation seems to "move around", and thats never a good look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by KellieH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. I am a fan on Studio fix and have been using it on and off for probably 9 of the last 12 years as it used to be hard for me to get hold of. Nothing beats it IMO for ease, speed, coverage, portability. People often compliment me on how beautiful my skin is when I am wearing this, and those people would be shocked to see the skin underneath. I will add that I like a full coverage look, it is definitely not for those with very dry skin

I have acne prone skin and sure this stuff probably doesn't help it, but I have tried plenty of others that have actually made it worse.

Because I am reluctant to give up my Fix, I have done some research and realised I have not been cleansing properly all this time. I now have a cleansing oil to remove it fully and am hoping it will mean I can continue to use Studio Fix for ever as I will be very upset to have to say goodbye.

I will continue to repurchase this as nothing beats how it looks on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by tisha_oz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally got matched to this foundation after wanting to so for a very long time, hoping it would be my holy grail. Far from it!!! Even though the color was a great match for me Studio Fix immediately made my face so powdery that my even husband (standing on the other side of the store) commented on how chalky it looked. Not only it looked very powdery, it made my skin flake in huge chunks all over, forehead, cheeks, everywhere!!! I looked like a molting snake. My skin has not flaked like this for a really long time, certainly not since I've started my current skin care routine. Luckily I have been using Palladio wet/dry foundation (yes, much cheaper at 10 bucks and available locally for me) which looks airbrushed on me when applied wet, makes my skin silky-soft to the touch, and never gives me more than 1-2 flakes (that brush off instantly) on my entire face if that. The wet-dry is now officially my holy grail. In a way I am even glad Studio Fix didn't work, bcs its more expensive and harder to find here. Above all, I am very glad I didn't try it before Palladio, or I may just have given up on finding a good foundation and written it off as not being for my skin. But even my temperamental, combination acne-prone skin is very happy (and very pretty!) with the wet/dry, and I will not stray from my HG again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Enrilynne

Studiofix is and will always be the best foundation/powder in regards to coverage. I wear it to weddings, parties, and anywhere I'll be photographed a lot because it makes your face look flawless and airbrushed. For a dewy look, I set it with the MAC Fix+ mist (I think that's what its called). Also, it cuts down my makeup application time because I don't have to use a separate foundation and powder. However, because of its ingredients I can't wear it everyday as I have oily, acne-prone skin. It's always good to have on hand though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by ctanimalhouse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best powder/foundation out there...I have rosacea and it covers the redness and does not irritate my skin. Mineral powder makeup would look shiny and make my skin oily...Studio Fix powder/foundation the best!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by oreo0303

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this powder foundation. i have extremely oily skin and this foundation mixes with my natural oils to give it a dewy look; however in the summer time, blotting is necessary. ive also heard that you can purchase products that apply under your foundation for oil control. if you're lookin for something that really helps with oil control try using the liquid foundation version (its called studio fix fluid spf 15) which is oil free. i use the liquid sometimes but i prefer using the powder for most of the year, mostly b/c liquid looks and feels like im wearing a heavy mask. i like the lightness of the powder and i like how i can still touch my face without ruining my makeup. if you use powder foundation (any kind) make sure you take care of your skin. wash your face with a gentle exfoliatier (like neutrogena in the orange squeeze tube) a couple times a week and moisturize b/c powder really accentuates dry skin. also if you break out alot, i would use liquid over powder b/c powder tends to cling to problem areas. usually wat i do is wash my face, then apply moisturizer (cetaphil), i wait about 5 mins until it evaporates, then i use a kabuki brush to powder my face (any large fat brush will work, i find that the sponge tends to make the powder cake on my face but i use it sometimes on areas that need alot of coverage and then i blend it in using a brush all over my face). ive had no problem with break outs using this product, and i have extremely acne prone skin. great natural looking product as long as you use it right!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by girl4trish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I am nopw on my 4th Studio Fix. I go between N3 and NC15, depending on the season. I really like the ease of application, and the flawless look. It doesn't have some of the best ingredients, however, if you remove your makeup then cleanse properly, you won't experience breakout. One of the reason Studio Fix has such great is the dimethicone used. It feels silky on the skin, but left on to mix with the oils on your face = breeding ground. I uise Clinique's Makeup Removing Wash (lavendar tube) then my DDF Cleanser to cleanse and tone. It's ESSENTIAL to properly cleanse in order to remove all makeup. The wipes won't do it alone. For reference, I am actively cystic, with oily skin and very prone to breakout. This DOES NOT cause me to break out when I properly cleanse.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2008 8:32:00 AM More reviews by yunyun22

I will NEVER EVER buy this product again. I used ot have PERFECT, CLEAR skin, until I started using this after everyone told me about it's fantastic coverage and oil control.It broke me out like crazy, and I look like a Sunkist at the end of everyday, whether or not I sweat.
Worse of all, it did nothing in the oil controlling department, bcause a weird non-radiant kind of sheen will float up to the surface of my skin 3 hours into applying this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mrslaperre

Excellent coverage, and oily/moist enough not to make my skin flaky. (I wear it alone over moisturizer daily.) I've had some bad packaging experiences where the compact was already crumbling when I opened it, which sucks cause it'll make a mess anywhere it touches, this stuff is dense... (Hence the great coverage.) I take good care of my skin, BHAs, AHAs and BP so I can't say this powder has caused any acne, as I've used it for like 10 years now. Makes my skin look PERFECT.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 6:27:00 AM More reviews by margyb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this product for over a decade and wouldn't be without it. I have normal skin and use the NC30. For daily wear I apply it with a jumbo makeup brush so it's not too heavy and just takes the sheen off. For evening wear I use the sponge. I wouldn't be without it.