September 23, 2014 | 890 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This must have been formulated for drag queens. Men's skin has got to be tougher. They have a great color range of course, so everybody can get their shade, but this stuff just overwhelms my skin and makes me break out like crazy. It also leaves a weird sheen on my skin. While I adore all my MAC lipsticks and most of the eyeshadows, I've never had much luck with their foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by XMakeUpArtist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh...I have oily skin, natural sensitive to breaking out..and I was thrilled when the color match nc40 was soo good. But I must admit, my skin has really BROKEN out these last 5 months..probably due to this! I read every other review of girls with oily skin..and they all BROKE OUT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by chilli

I alternate between this and Everyday Minerals foundation. I'm using NC15 which is maybe a tad too dark but blended well it passes (believe me, I've double checked with fotos, MAs and friends :) ). I took a lippy off since the color selection runs a bit dark.

This is my favorite liquid foundation as it covers very well and doesn't slide off in the middle of the day. I use it with Prep + Prime SPF50 and Blot pressed powder in light and can get away with only few blotting sessions per day (for me, that is a small miracle!).

Please note: at first I hated this foundation, it went on all cakey and striky. I tried MAC 190 brush, Lancomes foundation brush and fingers but no. Then I finally gave MAC 187 a change and voila! The most perfect and airbrushed finish I've ever managed to achieve! I highly recommend you try it too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after I decided to take a break on mineral makeup. I'm actually liking this. I was matched to NC30, but that's a tad too dark. I might wanna try NC25 later. For the time being, applying the NC30 in light layers seems to match pretty well. I like the fact that I don't need a concealer for extra coverage. However, I don't think this is quite a full-coverage foundation; it's more like medium. I don't think that I will be wearing this everyday, though. Will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by ohsailor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally bought Studio Fix Powder but my skin became drier as winter approached so I found that it became extremley noticeable on my skin. So I decided to buy Studio Fix Fluid [with much hesitation as it isn't cheap] & its wonderful so far.
On my rare good skin days, I can go without using the Studio Finish Concealer so I'd say that the coverage is wonderful.
[I bought the 187 brush to apply it with - it works really well and blends evenly]
So far, it hasn't broken me out [a rare thing in a foundation for me] and I will definitely to continue to use it until it does!
All that could improve it would be a pump dispenser!

EDIT: Too heavy for my acne prone skin. And the colour is rather too orange for my pale skin. However, I still like the coverage! Would recommend to someone who has naturally darker skin/tan and someone who doesn't mind the feeling of wearing quite a lot of makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 4:30:00 AM More reviews by jgurriere

The first time in my life I have broken down and bought a department store brand makeup and I couldn't be happier. I finally get what everyone is talking about when they say department store brands are better the drug store brands. The diffrence is amazing! I just recently started using MAC Studio Fix foundation. It is about $25 a bottle, but I find I don't go through it as fast. A little goes a long way where as when I was using drug store brands I had to use alot more to get the coverage I want and need to blend and cover all my imperfections. Plus it seems to control oil much better when I use it with the blot powder. I only have to touch up 2-3 times instead of 5-6.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by krnangel33

i REALLY loved the coverage .
but this made be break out so i`m going to return it .
i really was excited to use this since my cousins had used it & i loved how it looked . so it was really disappointing to see that it made me break out .

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by elizasimp

I've tried a ton of foundations and really like this one. I have sensitive skin and this one, even with the pressed power over it, did not break me out. NC15 matches my skintone perfectly. I think the coverage is a little heavy for me, so I use a sponge applicator to dab it on and then blend. I found that by late afternoon, the foundation has a tendency to settle into the pores, so I bought the MAC primer and it seems to work pretty well. A light dusting with MAC pressed powder keeps it lasting all day without looking matte or heavy.
UPDATE: Did they change the consistancy??? I switched to NW15 this summer and I swear it is more oily! I have to thoroughly wash my hands with soap to get the foundation off after applying it to my face - it's like trying to scrub off grease! No wonder I've been noticing little zits after washing my face at the end of the day... This is my 4th bottle of this product, but the only NW I've tried. Maybe the consistance is different than NC, or maybe I just got a bad bottle? Second, the NW15 is disappointingly orange. After getting some sun this summer, the NC15 was not matching anymore so the MA suggested I try the NW15, which may have more color, but won't work unless you're a fair-skinned orange. Third, I have discovered that this is definitely not an all-weather foundation. After wearing this all day during our first hot days this year, I realized it wears very patchy with any sweating or humidity. This fact was especially evident, since the color does not match my skin tone. It was difficult to ignore the cakey orange mask that covered only my cheeks and the bridge of my nose!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by laurentothemax

For the past 6-8 months my skin has been looking pretty bad. The other night I sat there and racked my brain, thinking about what i've been doing differently. Then one thing occurred to me: I stopped using this foundation. For the past half year or so i've been buying chanel powder, and this other fancy schmancy stuff that is not oil free. Big, duh. So yesterday I went to MAC and repurchased this stuff. I like this a lot better than the powder studio fix. Powder foundations make me look like amadeus. This stuff doesn't necessarily make my skin any better, it just doesn't make it any worse. Plus, it does a better job covering up what is wrong. Its oil-free and also has an spf of 15. I can't ask for much more. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by barook84

i have oily/acne prone skin and have to say that this is, so far, the only foundation that i have found that doesn't make me break out or leave me oily. HOWEVER, i find that it does not cover my redness well. is there any hope of finding a foundation that covers and doesn't create an oil slick???