MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

EDIT : Stopped using this after nearly a year - realised the rash like spots i'd been getting on my inner cheek for about that time were down to this stuff. Thick, smells like plasticine...yuck.

Firstly, how I adore MAC colour choice. NC15 is just so perfect for me.
This is my second MAC foundation, I absolutely love it. It gives me such a brilliant, flawless coverage. It is matte but not flat, my skin still looks luminous and healthy. It wears all day, it applies well and bends smoothly. Keeps my oil at bay for 90% of the day. Never need to re-apply. Layers naturally. Covers my flaws. Love it!
The only thing I don't like is that on the dry patches of my combination skin (my nose and the space between my eyebrows) it does bump and peel slightly. But rich moisturiser normally stops this. Also, the glass bottle is very heavy and the lack of pump (unless you buy separately) makes it a little awkward to use.
Definitely repurchase.

Well, this is a good alternative to the cheap drugstore powder foundations I had been using. It helps control my oily skin very well, yet my nose is still shiny by the end of the day. This covers absolutely everything including my redness. I find that this highly accentuates my pores, especially when used in conjunction with powder. I use a tissue to rub some off after initial application. Also, I despise the bottle. I wish it came with a pump. Lastly, I despise the smell of this. It's not bad, but I don't like something so fragrant allover my face, following me throughout the day. I even prefer the dirty smell of mineral foundation. Overall, this is a good foundation with spf, especially if you aren't as easily bothered as me. I wish I could give it 3.5 stars : /

WOW WOW WOW. Best foundation i have ever used. Sinks into the skin,and gives a medium buildable coverage without looking like you have tonnes of makeup on. A little does go a long way, but be careful because this stuff can get messy! Looks great on it's own or set on top with a powder. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. Bit expensive but deffinatley worth it. Get it girls!

Overall: Excellent foundation for full coverage!

Background: I have younger dry skin that is prone to break-outs. I want a foundation that can even out my skin tone, not flake, turn orange, dry out my skin, or cause break-out's. These last few months I have been on a serious quest looking for an HG fdtn. I have tried almost every drugstore brand as well as every MUFE fdtn, Lancome, UD, Tarte, Smashbox, Dior etc.

Color: I have a medium light skin tone with strong yellow undertones. NC 25 is a teeny bit too dark but works.

Details: I use this by putting on moisturizer then immediately applying studio fix with my fingers. It applies smoothly. It has very good wearing power and doesn't not dry out my face or cause breakouts. The coverage is medium-full and is easy to build. I use a little extra on blemishes and under my eyes. You hardly need a seperate concealor,
The worst thing about this foundation is it is not the most natural looking foundation but I suppose it is hard to find a full-coverage foundation that covers everything and still looks natural. For this reason, this is isn't my favorite foundation. I prefer Mineralzie Satin Finish over this because it blends with my skin better and looks more natural.

Tips: I strongly recommend using an oil-based cleanser to remove this product otherwise you make break-out from it. I use MAC's but there are plenty of others out there! Also, get the pump for the foundation.

Endpoint: If you are looking for a full coverage foundation, I recommend trying this at some point!! If you try it in-store make sure you go outside because MAC lightening is awful!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Ah! at first i loved this foundation because it covered all my flaws beautifully. It made me feel pretty :) it is easy to work with, blends very well, looks natural if you don't put a lot on, and lasts all day. it's so hard for me to find a good full coverage foundation and at first i thought that this was the one for me .. unfortunately it broke me out so badly, and i take really good care of my face too. I stopped using it for a while thinking it might of been something else and my skin progressively got better. I hate wasting products so I figured i'd just finish the bottle off because i didn't have a lot left. BAD IDEA. I broke out, and i made the decision that i would never use it again. i'm a bit upset because besides the fact that it broke me out ... it gave, in my opinion, perfect coverage. If anyone has any suggestions for another full coverage foundation, please let me know :) thanks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

At first, I really hated this product. It was so drying and made my face look very cakey. Everyone knew I had make-up on my face, which basically eliminates the reason why you're wearing make-up in the first place. However, after finding the MAC 187 brush and using a very light hand, I am able to say that this foundation has great coverage. I will say that it takes some practice in order to achieve a natural finish. If you're a first-time make-up starter, I wouldn't recommend this because you can easily over-do it. Other than that, if you make sure you moisturize generously and know how to apply this lightly, it will give you a full-coverage, semi-dewy finish. I only apply this when I'm going out at night.

I decided to try this foundation after reading all the positive reviews here and on the recommendation of different SAs I spoke with over several visits. They all said that for my combination skin type (comfortable to dry in the cheeks and normal to dry in the T-zone) this was the superior liquid foundation that MAC offers.

Having worn this about three times, I have mixed feelings. While it does offer buildable medium coverage it is a difficult foundation to sheer out unless you carefully dispense only a small amount. The lack of an included pump with the foundation doesn't help in this regard. (The foundation comes packaged simply in a glass bottle with a screw-on lid.) Even with the optional foundation pump add-on you still have to be careful with how hard you press the pump to avoid dispensing too much product.

This wouldn't be so bad if the foundation was easy to apply and blend and smooth out. As is, you have to work quickly to distribute evenly before it sets; a little bit more play time would've been better I think. I've found that applying a little dot of foundation on localised areas and blending out bit by bit gives the best results. Perhaps a foundation brush would also help, though I don't use one. Using too much foundation can make the finish look cakey or chalky, not to mention obvious. It is also imperative that skin is absolutely smooth before application, as it catches on any dry/flaky areas of skin and looks just plain terrible! Two layers of moisturiser on my face didn't help with this; only after scrubbing with a washcloth were my cheeks smooth enough to facilitate smooth application of the foundation.

I was matched to NC25. I've found this shade to be a reasonably good match when applied perfectly, and the longevity of the finish is decent although shine still breaks out on the nose after a few hours. When too much foundation has been used however, the end result looks distinctly yellow on my skin.

I was a 14 (N) in Clinique's Perfectly Real Makeup, which was quite satisfactory in most aspects except for the fact that it made me look ghostly in flash photographs.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I really like this foundation, it's my favorite overall. It has just the right amount of coverage, and when I don't want too much coverage, I just mix it with my moisturizer and i'm good to go. With the 187, this foundation covers with easy. I'm definitely buying this over and over again!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't say I liked this very much at all. When I bought this, my skin was oily (now it is oily over dry). It made my face look chalky, cakey, and dead no matter how little I put and felt heavy on my skin. My natural skin looked better without the foundation. I didn't have a problem with breakouts or anything though.

This is my favorite foundation to date. I have read reviews from people that said it made them break out, but for me it's the extreme opposite. After I switched to using this foundation exclusively, which was about 2 months ago, I have only had ONE pimple. For me, this is a miracle! It covers well (I don't even really need a separate concealer) and spreads nice and smooth. It also doesn't make my combination skin too oily or too dry. It's a great balance.

The only things I am not crazy about is the smell of the product. It's not terrible, but it's not very pretty or glamorous smelling. I don't care too much though, because this foundation is definitely worth it.