MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 6/9/2008 10:39:00 PM

This is one of my favorites foundations. I wasnt too keen on it at first as i didn't realise that it is quite a thick fluid- but if used spearingly it's fantastic. It's in my top three along with Napoleon stick foundation and my all time favorite La Prairie skin caviar foundation.

What i love so much about this product is that it gives me a great glow, a nice matt finish and it covers all the bits i want to cover without having to use concealer or a powder over the top to seal it... it also doesn't transfer onto garments easily. It worth about $55au which is moderate.
I can honestly say that this product has restored my faith in fluid foundations.

LOVE IT

on 6/8/2008 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i was pleasantly surprised by this foundation..i use nc40 and for a foundation that doesn't stick completely to your face (like color stay) and.. has that normal finish about it.. it s a pretty good foundation.. (and ive tried all).. it covers my scars and provides a natural finish.. used with a good thick foundation brush.. this can really allow u to look natural and polished.. just remember to cleanse and dont give in to the people at the counter who will most likely suggest a darker color..
; )

on 6/7/2008 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am curently an nc45 in this and its one of the best foundations I have ever tried. In the market it is very difficult to find colors for darker indian skin since we do have yellow undertones. A lot of darker foundations made me look ashy or orangy but this makes my skin looks so natural and flawless. I have gotten countless compliments on how nice my skin looks. When i tell them that it is foundation, they do not believe me. Its look super natural, and I only need one pump to get the perfect coverage i need. I had to buy the pump though, I hated it without it. I highly recommend you buy the pump, it makes life so much easier to use. You control the ammount you use. Truthfully, all you needs is 1 -2 tiny pumps and your good to go.

I have acne -prone skin and very oily skin, so the fact that this product is oil free is a definite plus. I also recommend you get the blotting powder to control the shine throughout the day and to set the foundation. I must say I have barely broken out and i am very pround to see that even if i did, its was like one or two small pimples. Other than that i adore this product.

on 6/4/2008 11:50:00 AM

I went to MAC and ask for a foundation that could help cover up my red and brown pimples scars (breakout started recently, never seemed to go away to due hormonal changes). The SA recommended this and so I got the babe back and put it on for a wedding dinner. My colour is NC25.

It really does a decent job of covering most of the scars, except of darker ones that I need concealer to conceal with. I don't use it everyday, just 2-3 times per week and I love it because it has the coverage that I want and is thick enough give a consistant colour for my face.

So far, it don't give me breakouts on my forehead and nose (i am excluding jawline and cheek here coz it's my breakout zone now). Oil control wise is quite alright, maybe because I put on loose powder to set it.

I would definitely buy again if I finished this bottle. One thing I want to rant and that they never give me the pump for my foundation and I must use a spatula to scoope out the foundation.

on 5/31/2008 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I'm an NC44 in winter, and NC45 in summer..

At first: I tried this, and it oxidized horribly on me. We're talking BRIGHT ORANGE. Even with primer underneath as well as setting it with poweder and Ben Nye's mist and all that.

After about a year, I decided to go back, since I'd tried several other foundations with no luck. I was in luck, or so I thought. For some reason, it seemed to work BEAUTIFULLY. I was constantly getting compliments on how beautiful my SKIN was.. and I wasnt even using much!
After 2 weeks:
ZITS, ZITS, and more ZITS. And I mean, mountain ranges on my face! Painful, cystic acne on my cheeks and a mix of black and whiteheads on my forehead. After reading many reviews and speaking with several artists, I discovered that I was not alone in this problem. After a week of using other foundations, my skin has cleared up dramatically. I am SOOO dismayed.

on 5/29/2008 3:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I realllllly like the way this looks on me. It makes the non broken out parts of skin look gorgeous. I wear NC15, still a little too dark but that's ok, I even that out with light blot powder. My issue is this: maybe because it is so thick, my clogged pores stand out soooo bad. Also, I had a ridiculous zit on my cheek and after having this on a day, it seemed to have gotten worse. BUT that could be because it's at the end of it's cycle and is coming to a head (sorry), and any makeup over a zit like this is bound to make it worse. I just wish they had lighter shades. But aside from that I found the coverage was marvelous, especially with studio fix or blot powder over it. It does look so flawless, minus the bumps :(
I will buy it again, because I realized I just can't win with these random zits, might as well keep the rest of my face nice looking...
Edit: Yeah, it's this breaking me out. Damnit! I will keep it though for very special occasions. But three times a week is way too much. It's gotten bad.

on 5/28/2008 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

PRODUCT: Studio Fix Fluid From MAC

COLOR: NC 30

COST: $ 25.00

DISCRIPTION: Yellow based liquid foundation

COVERAGE: Full coverage

SMELL: Nice smell that I love. When you smell this smell you know your smelling MAC. Lovely smell!

CONTAINER: A glass bottle. It's not easy to apply this with a foundation brush.

WOULD I BUY AGAIN: Yes but it's expensive. Gives full coverage and covers acne well. Worth the price.

on 5/27/2008 3:39:00 PM

ickkkk. the only good thing about this foundation is that is has SPF. the MAC artist had me convinced that this foundation would be perfect for me. she said it had build able coverage, it would stay on all day, and not cause me breakouts. she was right about my color, NC20, but this was just like any drugstore liquid that slid off my face and emphasized dry flakes.

and i really didn't like the consistency of the foundation. it's probably great for people with nice skin, but why would you need foundation anyway?

on 5/25/2008 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This foundation just did not look good on my face. It didn't cover well, looked un-natural, and didn't keep the oil away. Plus I could not get a good color match. I tried NW20 and NW15 and both looked orange. Plus I found out that it breaks people out even though it says it is not supposed to. I'm sticking with Origins reflection perfection.

on 5/25/2008 11:26:00 AM

This foundation is totally wrong for me, and im gutted about it.
I had some birthday money left so i thought id go to MAC and treat myself to a foundation, and i chose this one. I was told i should go with NW15. I am pretty pale, but ive never had to go with the lightest foundation shade. I got home and tried it out, and what on earth? It actually turned me into an oompa-loompa. Its not even a couple of shades too dark, it just turns me completely orange!
I buffed around the edges of my face with my everyday minerals flat top brush to see if i could calm down the harsh lines around my chin etc. And it worked a little, so i wore the foundation out just to see if it really was as bad as i thought it was, (i was in denial) and it broke me out so bad! In places that i never usually do.
Im sure it can work wonders for other people, but the spotty oompa-loompa look just isn't my thing.