October 25, 2014 | 1148 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just got this foundation a few days ago, and so far I'm loving it. It pretty much stays on for the whole day. That's a HUGE plus for me because many of my foundations are gone by the time I get home.

It hasn't caused any breakouts yet, and hopefully that won't happen because it truly is one of the BEST foundations I've tried so far.

The color selection is great. I use NW15, which matches my skin pretty much flawlessly. I dust Blot Powder (medium) over this after I apply it with a foundation brush and I'm set for the day.

The coverage is great, the color is great and the staying power is great. If I experience any problems with it, (fingers crossed that I won't!) I'll be sure to edit the review.

Edit: I have two complaints. The packaging is really bad! The foundation starts to leak after I shake it because so much of the product starts to collect in the cap! My second complaint is that it's causing little pimples on my upper lip and cheeks. They're really tiny, but a pimple is a pimple. I think that I'll be looking for a new foundation after I'm done with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by sasha0382

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 (NC20) - another of my current fav. I'm mixing this product with the leftover of my Biotherm Light. Love it!

After applying this, I also put a thin layer of MAC Select Sheer/Pressed. Wonderful finish.

I'm loving it!

*Note: However, this liquid foundation do not come with a plump. Suggest to MAC to do so for the convenience of users.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by loui27

i'm not loving this product. i've been using NW25 for a few weeks now and i don't think the match is perfect, despite the SP picking and testing this on me. i also feel it's a tad to heavy, when i look closely in the mirror it looks unatural.. i love medium cover foundation don't get me wrong, but this doesn't look nice. the lines around my eyes appear more prominently and if i apply loose powder then i look like way to over made. i won't re purchase

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jessajessajessa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really quite irritated that it managed to turn my face a very unattractive 'yellow' colour. I've tried most of the shades, and I settled for NW25, but to no avail. Maybe there just wasn't a colour that suited me...but somehow I doubt it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I count myself among the fans of this foundation.

PROS: First off, a great choice of colours. Second off, it goes on easily with fingers, blends well, stays put all day and gives a porcelain look to my skin (I'm using NW25). As a little goes a long way, this foundation is worth every single penny I spent.

CONS: The bottle should be improved w/a pump. I wouldn't recommend Studio Fix to people with acne as it offers a light-medium coverage. Maybe the price (€ 27 here in Italy).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

NW25, Lt. Brown, Blue/Hazel. I purchased this after my first MAC makeover. This is the foundation the MA used on me, and I was impressed with the coverage and finish. Overall I like this foundation, but am not sure if the formula is right for combo skin. By evening I do have oilys in the T zone even with primer. I will probably purchase again unless I find a different formula I like better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by mschroed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, this product is excellent for those who don't have adverse reactions to the formula/apply it correctly. When I first got it, the coverage was too heavy (flawless, but without the look of human skin) and it was unnaturally flat, but when I figured out a few application tricks, it looked wonderful. The 187 brush truly made a difference (I found that the 190 streaked unless my skin was well "moisturized,"or drenched in some kind of oily face junk). I also found that you can significantly improve the finish by either mixing it with a teensy bit of shimmer-lotion/bronzer or a whipped/light moisturizer. Now I fully understand that an HG foundation shouldn't require too many (any) extra steps, but the brush and "formula-enhancing" (I'll call it, heh) actually speeds up the process. Painting it on with the 190 brush was annoyingly long if I wanted to achieve a flawless but natural-ish finish without streaks. This foundation is best for people who actually need/want/expect the coverage but don't have excessively dry skin (it seems to accentuate flakes on me in winter if I don't mix it with something more moisturizing) or excessively oily skin-but both can be accomodated by using products you likely already have (like using some kind of [cheap] setting powder for the latter issue). It's never made me break out or anything either even though my skin can be sensitive. I think if you see the ability to manipulate the foundation to your liking as a feature of it's flexibility and not as an inconvenient shortcoming, you'll probably really like it. I could easily understand the bad reviews though as I almost gave it one in the beginning as well.
-The packaging would be better with a pump and a travel-friendly casing material (like, uh, some sturdy plastic)
-Price is eh, but I find that it lasts a long time so I s'pose it's worth it
-I wish it had some kind of skin-benefit other than the SPF 15

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This must have been formulated for drag queens. Men's skin has got to be tougher. They have a great color range of course, so everybody can get their shade, but this stuff just overwhelms my skin and makes me break out like crazy. It also leaves a weird sheen on my skin. While I adore all my MAC lipsticks and most of the eyeshadows, I've never had much luck with their foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by XMakeUpArtist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh...I have oily skin, natural sensitive to breaking out..and I was thrilled when the color match nc40 was soo good. But I must admit, my skin has really BROKEN out these last 5 months..probably due to this! I read every other review of girls with oily skin..and they all BROKE OUT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by chilli

I alternate between this and Everyday Minerals foundation. I'm using NC15 which is maybe a tad too dark but blended well it passes (believe me, I've double checked with fotos, MAs and friends :) ). I took a lippy off since the color selection runs a bit dark.

This is my favorite liquid foundation as it covers very well and doesn't slide off in the middle of the day. I use it with Prep + Prime SPF50 and Blot pressed powder in light and can get away with only few blotting sessions per day (for me, that is a small miracle!).

Please note: at first I hated this foundation, it went on all cakey and striky. I tried MAC 190 brush, Lancomes foundation brush and fingers but no. Then I finally gave MAC 187 a change and voila! The most perfect and airbrushed finish I've ever managed to achieve! I highly recommend you try it too.