October 30, 2014 | 1564 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ktie

All i can say is eew eeew eeeew!!! this made me look like i was wearing a clay mask, it emphasized every bump on my face and not to mention the color i tried was orange on me! i washed it off immediately...and to add-i've never come across a foundation so hard to remove! EW!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by bleiboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG please don't listen to sales advisors, if you're a make-up freak like me (which you probably are if you're on here) then trust your instincts! I was advised not to get this because of my skin type (relatively normal- some dry areas) but it works wonderfully!! my skin looks completely flawless even when I have the odd blemish I don't need extra concealer! and it's not to heavy, you can apply it a thick or thin as you like, it's very verstitile!! at the moment one squirt does the trick! so it'll last forever!!!

Draw backs: the packaging is not the best- you have to purchase pump (but definately so-as you need to use very little) and it's glass, so not the best handbag material!!
also- colours- I don't think this is a problem for most as mac does quite a range of shades but I always have problems finding the right colour as I'm mixed. aty the moment I use NC42 but usually I'm an NC37 they also come up a little different to their other brands so try a sample first if poss.

also- some may not know- but your skin type can make a difference to the colour- if you have more acidic skin it can turn the product more yellow-orange ten mins after application- so watch out!

but over all this is my HG foundation- so flaw-less with unlimited coverage!
AMAZING!!!
Edit:
Mannnnn, had to take off a lippie- the colour selection for my paler winter skin is just not right!!! sooo frecking pissed!!! this is seriously the s**t if you can get your colour!! back to the drawing board!
Edit:
I just couldn't try another foundation, I've tried soo many since my last edit and nothing compares!!!!!!.......... I loove this one, its too good and although it breaks quite a few ppl out- it actually makes my skin better!!!!
about the colour...... although its looong I mix- NC42 and NC30- two 30's to one 42 at the mo but it changes every so often!!! it is worth it though!!!!!! ps.you can even use it for under the eyes (what foundation can you do that with??????) content again!!!! ahhhhhhhhh x

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by sirensrising

I am utterly in love with this foundation. I wear NC15, much to the complete shock of the SA (I guessed NC15 but she tried NW20, NC25 and NC20 before realising that I was a secret NC15 - I don't look it) and it provides flawless coverage, wonderfully matched to my skintone. At first I worried it was too yellow but it's not, it's really great. The coverage really makes my skin look great - it evens out skintone a dream and lasts all day. It's fairly matte (and thus slightly heavy) so those of you looking for a light, sheer foundation probably won't be fans, but I just love what this does for me, it makes me feel perfect and I think it's fine for everyday use.

I'm not sure what it's like on dry skin, my skin is fairly normal and I have to moisturise beforehand to make sure there are no dry patches on my nose or forehead. I do recommend you exfoliate and moisturise regularly with this foundation, because since it's so matte it will show up dry patches. I don't know how it fits for oily skin, but I don't need to wear powder with it and I don't get a shiny nose.

You can buy a pump from the MAC counter and I highly recommend it. Other than that, I just pump some into the palm of my hand and apply with my fingers. It looks great! One or two pumps should cover your whole face. The glass bottle is a bit annoying because it means it's not very portable but it does look sleek and classy on my desk!

I've been using it with skincare from Lush recently (lately it's been Ocean Salt face scrub, Brazened Honey face mask and Ultralight moisturiser, occasionally with Ultrabland as a make-up remover/cleanser) and I've never felt so pretty. For make-up, you'll glow with a bit of highlighter (on cheekbones, browbone and cupid's bow - I love Benefit's High Beam) and a wash of blusher.

HG foundation, I love it so much. Worth every penny!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just got this foundation a few days ago, and so far I'm loving it. It pretty much stays on for the whole day. That's a HUGE plus for me because many of my foundations are gone by the time I get home.

It hasn't caused any breakouts yet, and hopefully that won't happen because it truly is one of the BEST foundations I've tried so far.

The color selection is great. I use NW15, which matches my skin pretty much flawlessly. I dust Blot Powder (medium) over this after I apply it with a foundation brush and I'm set for the day.

The coverage is great, the color is great and the staying power is great. If I experience any problems with it, (fingers crossed that I won't!) I'll be sure to edit the review.

Edit: I have two complaints. The packaging is really bad! The foundation starts to leak after I shake it because so much of the product starts to collect in the cap! My second complaint is that it's causing little pimples on my upper lip and cheeks. They're really tiny, but a pimple is a pimple. I think that I'll be looking for a new foundation after I'm done with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by sasha0382

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 (NC20) - another of my current fav. I'm mixing this product with the leftover of my Biotherm Light. Love it!

After applying this, I also put a thin layer of MAC Select Sheer/Pressed. Wonderful finish.

I'm loving it!

*Note: However, this liquid foundation do not come with a plump. Suggest to MAC to do so for the convenience of users.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by loui27

i'm not loving this product. i've been using NW25 for a few weeks now and i don't think the match is perfect, despite the SP picking and testing this on me. i also feel it's a tad to heavy, when i look closely in the mirror it looks unatural.. i love medium cover foundation don't get me wrong, but this doesn't look nice. the lines around my eyes appear more prominently and if i apply loose powder then i look like way to over made. i won't re purchase

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jessajessajessa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really quite irritated that it managed to turn my face a very unattractive 'yellow' colour. I've tried most of the shades, and I settled for NW25, but to no avail. Maybe there just wasn't a colour that suited me...but somehow I doubt it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I count myself among the fans of this foundation.

PROS: First off, a great choice of colours. Second off, it goes on easily with fingers, blends well, stays put all day and gives a porcelain look to my skin (I'm using NW25). As a little goes a long way, this foundation is worth every single penny I spent.

CONS: The bottle should be improved w/a pump. I wouldn't recommend Studio Fix to people with acne as it offers a light-medium coverage. Maybe the price (€ 27 here in Italy).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

NW25, Lt. Brown, Blue/Hazel. I purchased this after my first MAC makeover. This is the foundation the MA used on me, and I was impressed with the coverage and finish. Overall I like this foundation, but am not sure if the formula is right for combo skin. By evening I do have oilys in the T zone even with primer. I will probably purchase again unless I find a different formula I like better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by mschroed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, this product is excellent for those who don't have adverse reactions to the formula/apply it correctly. When I first got it, the coverage was too heavy (flawless, but without the look of human skin) and it was unnaturally flat, but when I figured out a few application tricks, it looked wonderful. The 187 brush truly made a difference (I found that the 190 streaked unless my skin was well "moisturized,"or drenched in some kind of oily face junk). I also found that you can significantly improve the finish by either mixing it with a teensy bit of shimmer-lotion/bronzer or a whipped/light moisturizer. Now I fully understand that an HG foundation shouldn't require too many (any) extra steps, but the brush and "formula-enhancing" (I'll call it, heh) actually speeds up the process. Painting it on with the 190 brush was annoyingly long if I wanted to achieve a flawless but natural-ish finish without streaks. This foundation is best for people who actually need/want/expect the coverage but don't have excessively dry skin (it seems to accentuate flakes on me in winter if I don't mix it with something more moisturizing) or excessively oily skin-but both can be accomodated by using products you likely already have (like using some kind of [cheap] setting powder for the latter issue). It's never made me break out or anything either even though my skin can be sensitive. I think if you see the ability to manipulate the foundation to your liking as a feature of it's flexibility and not as an inconvenient shortcoming, you'll probably really like it. I could easily understand the bad reviews though as I almost gave it one in the beginning as well.
-The packaging would be better with a pump and a travel-friendly casing material (like, uh, some sturdy plastic)
-Price is eh, but I find that it lasts a long time so I s'pose it's worth it
-I wish it had some kind of skin-benefit other than the SPF 15