Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 7/17/2005 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got a sample of this from Nordstoms and I am really impressed how well it took off my makeup and sunscreen! I also liked the scent, which surprisingly didnt irritate my skin. My skin was left soft and clean and completely makeup free. I think I might wait until after fall/winter to buy becuase I did need to use a little bit more moisturizer after. I might get another sample and see how it works on my skin in winter.

on 7/16/2005 5:19:00 PM

My skin was thought to be sensitive, but after using this it became "normal." I like the smell and the way it feels after cleansing my face. If you have slightly oily skin like I do, you may wish to skip the moisturizer at night. Just apply treatment/serum like philosophy when hope is not enough.

on 7/15/2005 2:02:00 AM

This is quite possibly the only cleanser i have repurchase whilst rotating my like...8 different cleansers. it doesnt strip my skin, the essential oils give the cleanser a lovely slip so it feels like im washing the oils/dirt/makeup off my face. i like how it washes off soft and clean. i like the smaller bottles better, and think i might puchase a big bottle to fill it with. HG for now!

on 7/14/2005 6:37:00 PM

I completely agree with the *selling points* that
describe this product.
I have tried many cleansers and haven't found one I love, until now.
You want a cleanser that will multitask for you (eye makeup remover, cleanser, toner) This does!
I was so tired of washing my face twice with all types of
cleansers, high end, low end, disposable cloths, w/washcloths, w/out
washcloths.
This stuff takes off ALL of my makeup the first time,
smells great, rinses off easily and completely and doesn't
dry out my skin.
My rosacea has even cleared up.

on 7/10/2005 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am not sure i have been rating this poduct yet or not . i use half of the bottle already so far nothing bad or getting worst. My face feel fresh and clean after using it not so dry as well. then i change from my freak expensive La mer to this one for the facial wash product. and waitting for the BIG version at nordstrom 40 $ now will buy again for sure

This is my everyday cleanser, it does a great job of removing makeup and getting my skin clean but not stripped. Also, I'm able to use it every day without any irritation (half the battle with sensitive skin). I've already repurchased several times and will probably continue to.

I seem to come back to Philosophy no matter what else I stray to. Purity Made Simple is still the best cleanser. Takes everything off. And the only thing that removes my sunscreen.
I start out with about two teaspoons of cleanser, massage it over dry skin and with my fingers add a bit of water to it. I massage that for another minute and rinse.
If I start out with a wet face, it just won't remove all my eye makeup.

on 7/1/2005 2:28:00 PM

This product really does clean extremely well without drying. It does have a faint fragrance, which to me smells like roses (and one of the ingredients listed is Rosa damascene--aka damask rose). Unlike other cleansers I have tried with botanical extracts and oils, this one doen't irritate my skin. This is important because I have rosacea, and unlike Cetaphil--which is commonly recommended for people with rosacea--it rinses clean. The price for a 3.5 oz bottle ($10) is about the same as a 16 oz bottle of Cetaphil, but to me it's worth it, and certainly less than some skincare products formulated for rosacea.

on 6/27/2005 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Save your money and don't buy this product because it doesn't deliver as you would expect. I am very disappointed by the fact that it made my face feel taut, shiny and didn't clear my skin at all. A bar of regular hand soap would have the same effect as this cleanser. Find something else and don't waste your time with this product if you are thinking about buying it.

on 6/23/2005 8:22:00 PM

One of the best cleansers in the world!!! It did break me out the first few times I started using it but never happened again. Like it, no toner is needed, takes off everything .. feels so clean with this ..but a bit expensive for the quantity you get.