Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

I seem to come back to Philosophy no matter what else I stray to. Purity Made Simple is still the best cleanser. Takes everything off. And the only thing that removes my sunscreen.
I start out with about two teaspoons of cleanser, massage it over dry skin and with my fingers add a bit of water to it. I massage that for another minute and rinse.
If I start out with a wet face, it just won't remove all my eye makeup.

on 7/1/2005 2:28:00 PM

This product really does clean extremely well without drying. It does have a faint fragrance, which to me smells like roses (and one of the ingredients listed is Rosa damascene--aka damask rose). Unlike other cleansers I have tried with botanical extracts and oils, this one doen't irritate my skin. This is important because I have rosacea, and unlike Cetaphil--which is commonly recommended for people with rosacea--it rinses clean. The price for a 3.5 oz bottle ($10) is about the same as a 16 oz bottle of Cetaphil, but to me it's worth it, and certainly less than some skincare products formulated for rosacea.

on 6/27/2005 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Save your money and don't buy this product because it doesn't deliver as you would expect. I am very disappointed by the fact that it made my face feel taut, shiny and didn't clear my skin at all. A bar of regular hand soap would have the same effect as this cleanser. Find something else and don't waste your time with this product if you are thinking about buying it.

on 6/23/2005 8:22:00 PM

One of the best cleansers in the world!!! It did break me out the first few times I started using it but never happened again. Like it, no toner is needed, takes off everything .. feels so clean with this ..but a bit expensive for the quantity you get.

on 6/20/2005 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not sure if I would repurchase. Works beautifully. Cleanses without drying out my skin and makes it feel soft & not flaky. However the scent is bad (like mechanics hand soap) and it didn't lather hardly at all for me. Although it works well, there are too many things I don't like about it.

on 6/20/2005 10:46:00 AM

This is a great cleanser (not sure if I'm ready to say HG yet, but probably the best I've tried). I have combo skin that is easily irritated and prone to breakouts. This cleanser foams pretty well, cleaned off all makeup and didn't irritate my skin or make it feel too tight or dry. Highly recommended.

on 6/19/2005 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is totally my HG cleanser!

I'm not sure what the poster below me meant when she said it's like a lotion; this cleanser totally foams for me, no problem. I am a product 'ho and this is one of the only items that I have consistantly repurchased over and over again.

This is a creamy, soapy cleanser that dissolves all makeup including waterproof mascara and red lipstick. It makes my skin feel so clean without stripping it and causing that tight feeling. I love the scent...a light and clean botanical.

I buy this every year at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The huge pump bottle lasts me roughly the whole year and fits perfectly in my bathtub.

My only gripe about the packaging is the sappy crap they print on the outside of their products. Something about starting the day clean so I can beging to be who I truly am. *gag* Spare me.

continued >>

on 6/18/2005 12:25:00 AM

I have been using this for a few months, and I do like it, and will continue to repurchase, but I don't think it's the best cleanser out there. It is like a lotion - there's no foaming, no bubbles, no sudsing, nada, so that took awhile to get used to. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and it does a really good job of taking off my stubborn eye makeup with minimal stinging. I am also not offended by the smell, some cleansesrs are too fragrant, but this one is very mild. Not my HG cleanser, but I'll continue using it since my face is doing well with it for now. EDIT: I have repurchased and have been using this for over a year now, and it truly is a great cleanser. I stick by my claim that this does not suds up or lather, because it DOESN'T, but it takes off makeup so well, and dissolves oil wonderfully. I will keep using this unitl my skin decides to become irritated by it (which it does eventually with everything.)

on 6/16/2005 8:47:00 PM

This might be good for normal to dry skin but it is not good for oily/combination skin. My skin did not feel clean at all. Does not remove all of my makeup. I could feel a greasy residue and washed my face again with my regular cleanser to remove it. It has a mild fragrance that is a blend of rosewood, geranium and funk; I do not care for it.

on 6/14/2005 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

my skin looks really great...love it