February 28, 2015 | 2127 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Maliktai

Not great for me. I was so drawn in by Christina's presentation on QVC that I decided to try this and some of their other products. I am normal-slightly oily with 54 year old skin. After abandoning MD Forte (which worked pretty well) I am regretful. This cleanser stripped my skin and I started producing more oil. With that came breakouts, loss of clarity and general overall problems. Not to diminish their products but was not a good choice for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 3:02:00 PM More reviews by allieann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite cleanser...I used it regularly in the past, then tried a few other things and have now gone back to it. I consider myself to have sensitive skin and I have no problems using this - my skin is soft and smooth when I use this. I don't notice any strong scent as some other reviewers have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2005 1:47:00 PM More reviews by RucaRita

I use this at night with a warm washcloth to take off my makeup. I don't think it would clean well enough by itself...thus the washcloth. It's very gentle and hasn't broken me out, and it does successfully take off all of my eye makeup. I think those with sensitive skin would benefit from this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2005 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cpaige

I bought this product after reading rave reviews about it. I have combination skin, which is now dry due to climate changes and medications. This cleanser does clean very well, and remove all makeup. The only thing I didn't like was it was too drying for my skin. I believe someone with normal, combination, or, oily would really like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by crnwsr75

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unbelievable! I am 47, and I generally like a foamy or lathery cleanser and I don't like to use a separate makeup remover, mostly b/c I wear contact lenses. This smells great, feels fantastic, and removes everything. I bought the kit for aging skin, and I've been using it for about two weeks. I also am using The Present clear foundation by Philosophy. Also a miracle! I now use no foundation and just use T.LeClerc powder over the clear foundation. My skin is radiant and for the first time in my life, I look forward to the skin routine each evening! THANKS TO PHILOSOPHY!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by saoirse1561

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd love this product more if it wasn't scented. The scent is horrible, in my opinion; very medicinal and sort of ... woody? I think its the oils they use in the product.

This cleanser does, however, do a fantastic job. I prefer non-foaming cleansers, and this one leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. It doesn't bother my sensitive skin, even with the oils and fragrance, and a little goes a long way. A keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 3:30:00 PM More reviews by chandarae

I bought a 3.5oz bottle when sephora had a sale- just to see if I'd like it. I am still using that bottle 5 months later. I use it every night. A nickel size drop will cleanse my whole face. It removes all of my makeup and does not leave my face feeling tight or greasy. It has never broken me out. I will keep buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2005 3:41:00 AM More reviews by misscolleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this stuff. I got it in the "Radiant Skin in a Box" set, which is worth the price for the total package. But, I'm not sure I'd spend $20 to buy a bottle of Purity on its own.

I do like how it cleanses - gets all of the makeup and dirt off without stripping the skin. And it hasn't caused any weird rashes or bumps (an issue for me). I have combo/oily skin and it doesn't make me greasy at all. If you're expecting a foamy, super squeaky clean feel, you will be dissappointed. But, that's not what I want anyway.

Overall, I like it and I might repurchase it as part of a set. A little goes a long way so I won't have to do that for a while.
I've upped my rating from 3 to 4 because my skin seems to really like this cleanser. I'm not crazy about spending $20 on a bottle but if it works... continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by gchris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product about a week. It does a good job at removing make-up, but the consitency is so thin. I think I am use to my cleanser being creamier. I have dry skin and usually must get something formulated for dry skin, but this leaves my face and skin feeling really good and clean afterwards. I would not purchase again because I really don't like the scent. I had read some things here about how some hated it and some loved it. The reviews left me thinking it must be some kind of weird scent and i think it is, either a love/hate thing. I would prefer a cleanser that was either creamy or lathered some. This does neither, I do not really care for it. UPDATE: After using this about a year now, I keep going back to it and decided I really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2005 11:14:00 AM More reviews by JheVonne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited to try this cleanser. When I recived it I thought it was an ordinary cleanser. It did take of my makeup well but I find that there's a lot of other cleansers that do just that at a fraction of the price. I think I will stick to my Principle Secret 4 and 1 cleanser.