Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 5/17/2005 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I mistakenly bought this cleanser thinking it was Real Purity, which I had used and liked some time back. This is slightly runnier than Real Purity and has a slightly herbal-infused scent. This might sound very foward but the directions on the bottle are wrong, it says to apply to your face with a little water and work into the skin, when I did this I did not like the cleanser at all -I felt as if it only removed the surface makeup/ dirt and didn't bother to reach for the deeper grime, which causes breakouts. A few nights ago, I saw an infomerical for Philosophy, which they offer a kit that includes this cleaner, the maker of Philosophy then demonstrated on the back of her hand the proper use of the cleanser: dry hand (or in our case: face) work the cleanser into the skin tissues to loosen dirt and impurtities and tissue off then rinse clean to remove any last traces of cleanser. I tried this method with much better results, but when I did my cold cream test, (remove with cleanser/ dry face/ apply a small amount of cold cream to cheek and tissue off to see if any trace makeup is left) there was some traces of makeup left. I think this cleanser is best for those who apply very little or no makeup.

on 5/16/2005 1:39:00 PM

This was very drying for me. It worked for the first couple of weeks, but my skin dried out and broke out not long after. I have combination skin, and nothing has ever dried me out like this. Would not recommend.

on 5/4/2005 8:02:00 PM

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!!I am a 54 year old beauty product junkie who has spent a mere fortune & many hours researching trying to find the best cleanser & skincare products on the market!!!! FINALLY SUCCESS!!!This is the

on 4/28/2005 10:48:00 AM

I adore this non-drying cleanser, I have sensitive skin and this is so gentle! It takes off makeup wonderfully, even waterproof mascara (I let it sit my lashes for about 15 seconds to break down the mascara). After washing my face it feels so clean and soft without that tight feeling that other cleansers can leave.

on 4/25/2005 11:26:00 AM

Not great for me. I was so drawn in by Christina's presentation on QVC that I decided to try this and some of their other products. I am normal-slightly oily with 54 year old skin. After abandoning MD Forte (which worked pretty well) I am regretful. This cleanser stripped my skin and I started producing more oil. With that came breakouts, loss of clarity and general overall problems. Not to diminish their products but was not a good choice for me.

on 4/18/2005 3:02:00 PM

This is my favorite cleanser...I used it regularly in the past, then tried a few other things and have now gone back to it. I consider myself to have sensitive skin and I have no problems using this - my skin is soft and smooth when I use this. I don't notice any strong scent as some other reviewers have.

on 4/15/2005 1:47:00 PM

I use this at night with a warm washcloth to take off my makeup. I don't think it would clean well enough by itself...thus the washcloth. It's very gentle and hasn't broken me out, and it does successfully take off all of my eye makeup. I think those with sensitive skin would benefit from this.

on 4/14/2005 9:54:00 PM

I bought this product after reading rave reviews about it. I have combination skin, which is now dry due to climate changes and medications. This cleanser does clean very well, and remove all makeup. The only thing I didn't like was it was too drying for my skin. I believe someone with normal, combination, or, oily would really like this.

on 4/13/2005 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Unbelievable! I am 47, and I generally like a foamy or lathery cleanser and I don't like to use a separate makeup remover, mostly b/c I wear contact lenses. This smells great, feels fantastic, and removes everything. I bought the kit for aging skin, and I've been using it for about two weeks. I also am using The Present clear foundation by Philosophy. Also a miracle! I now use no foundation and just use T.LeClerc powder over the clear foundation. My skin is radiant and for the first time in my life, I look forward to the skin routine each evening! THANKS TO PHILOSOPHY!!!

on 4/10/2005 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'd love this product more if it wasn't scented. The scent is horrible, in my opinion; very medicinal and sort of ... woody? I think its the oils they use in the product.

This cleanser does, however, do a fantastic job. I prefer non-foaming cleansers, and this one leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. It doesn't bother my sensitive skin, even with the oils and fragrance, and a little goes a long way. A keeper.