April 18, 2014 | 1903 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2004 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Adrianna20

I have combination skin, and this product even made my t-zone dry and my cheeks were flaky. This is also too thick, and very hard to blend, color selection was also terrible, packaging unsanitary. Hated this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2004 1:55:00 AM More reviews by sherryba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since I started wearing this a few weeks ago I have had more compliments on my skin-which is not a common occurence for me, since I have been a sun worshipper for years! It gives me a kind of pretty glow or luminence. I also got a sample of double matte and I love it too! I have VERY oily skin so the double matte is actually better for keeping shine to a minimum. However, I would wear either! Expensive, but worth it since they make your skin so pretty!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2004 6:36:00 PM More reviews by perfumeslut

This product is worse than putting spackle on your face. I normally have oily skin and tried this in the summer when my skin really gets oily. I could not even blend this god awful stuff. Don't bother.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Sylvia66

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Found my perfect color match -
Shell. A few hrs after application,
I was very, oily. Good coverage.

Update: Definitely would *not* buy
this again. It won't last through
the day, if your skin is very (very) oily. Five hrs after application, it was 50% gone. The sales lady tried to sell me a
"special" cleanser. According to her, it was the only way I was going to get the makeup off. LOL
I used my reg face wash... What was left, came off so easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2004 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This used to be my HG foundation. Perfect color match (bone) and really stayed on my oily skin well- even after 12 hrs or more. Great full coverage-nice smooth application. Then I reached an age(37)and it started to settle into every line by the end of the day-it made look absolutely weary. I would have just
continued to buy this stuff forever thinking this is the best I can do until I found MUA and now I have a new HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 12:50:00 AM More reviews by jacq16

I am often seduced by the latest and greatest foundations on the market, but I always come back to Double Wear. I have been using it for about 8 or 9 years now. It just gives really really good coverage. You can get lighter coverage by using it in spots and then blending. People often comment on my 'lovely skin' when I'm wearing it, but I'm sure it's the foundation. I like "Fresco".

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

I really love this foundation. Stays on very well and covers very well. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2004 11:04:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awsome coverage, but not enough colors to choose from. Like the applicator, makes it easy to apply and it stays all day, even thru a workout. Am between two shades so I have to mix but still love the coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2004 12:17:00 PM More reviews by splukeu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the best foundations I have used to date. I have oily skin and this stuff wears exactly like it promises - no creases or cracks at the end of the day! This is a great medium coverage foundation that looks totally natural if applied correctly and it doesn't feel heavy at all. I am fairly pale, and 14-Shell is a PERFECT match for my skin. I have been using it for about a week and so far my skin has not had any strange reactions to the product. What more could I ask for in a foundation? Maybe a lower price.....but I won't complain about that too much. UPDATE: I have been using for a couple of weeks now - I am still in love with this product. I think it has actually helped improve my complexion!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2004 1:39:00 AM More reviews by pinaro

i am agree, it does not cover eye circles well. I will not buy again.