October 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by SummerXLove

I found this product okay, it was smooth and nice to feel. But and my skin look all cakey and it was very powdery.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by FabyX1

Studio Fix was the first MAC product that I bought...and so the addiction began. I have combination skin and I live in L.A (where the weather is some-what crazy!) so I just loved that it fits in your purse/wallet/clutch it is awesome. I am an NC32 and it just works soooo well with me. I'm lost without it!! =]

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by angelxx

I dont think its quite a good one actually
when the first couple of days i used it, i think its ok. then later on i found after i apply this powder, my face look fakey. And I m not the person to wear thick make up. So I would prefer powder which is more shiney, more transparent feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 4:06:00 AM More reviews by resph99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have used this since MAC became MAC and i have always had good results with this product. I would always have a supply of this in my make up line up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by missycm08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never really liked wearing makeup because i tried liquid foundations and never liked them. I only have a little redness, but it's not that bad. A few months ago, one of my friends told me just to try a powder, MAC studio fix powder foundation. I finally have it and i like it. At first when i put it on i could notice it because it was lighter then my complextion, but after a while it wasn't noticeable. So if you want to try a powder makeup with some coverage, i would reccomend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dorisdelfin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought it was ok at first, but when I tried it with fix + it was great. I got the glow in my skin back.

so you have to have fix +, if you use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2008 7:21:00 AM More reviews by ameshi

Studio Fix has a lot of problems but it's great for someone who doesnt have the time to carefully apply their makeup at home and want something quick to hide their few flaws on the train.

I think the effectiveness of the makeup really depends on how you apply the makeup. Studiofix is definitely not as effective without the help of a primer. After my moisturiser, I apply strobe cream - half the size of your average pinkie is more than enough - and then use a wedge sponge to apply the makeup. Make sure you regularly change and wash the sponges. Applying makeup with old sponges did nothing for my look and more importantly, my skin.

Admittedly, Studiofix is not great when you're breaking out. It can cover redness and one or two pimples and the coverage is quite good, but I found that when my skin was bad, Studiofix didn't do much to hide the flaws. Also, and this my biggest qualm - it actually appears orange sometimes - ORANGE! ugh.

Besides from that, I think Studiofix is really functional and long lasting. One compact lasts me about 9 months - and I use it 4-5 times a week! When applied correctly, I've had many compliments about the flawlessness appearance of my skin. While it's not a HG, it's defeinitely worth it for the price paid and the functionality, the convenience and the results.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by wildcats72

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok Melanie.. but why did you give it 3 stars ? ha

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by krankee

best thing ever! :]

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by melanie1215

After working for the company for a few years, and in the industry, and reading some reviews thought that I would leave a few general comments that will help aide some of the feedback.

Studio fix can be a great product if you have flawless to moderate imperfections. Its quick and easy. As far as color choices. When picking a foundation color try to go during a time when you can get it applied and wear it around to see how the color reacts to your skin. Over time the oils in the skin cause the product to oxidize or change in color. So it may look like a different shade once it actually settles, and where it in natural light to see the true color. If you have really dry skin, apply a moisturizer first and then the prodcut right after. For those of you who feel that the product looks to heavy and leaves you with that heavy powdery look trying using Fix + the misting spray afterwards, to give you a more natural finish. Also, using a powder brush applies the product more evenly and naturally. Using the sponge that comes with it can leave you with a really heavy unatural look. For olier skin types...such as myself, I would suggest a great skin care regiment. Which will actually aid in the wearability and final look not only this product but others as well. Also, I have a lot of acne scars along with oily skin and like A LOT of coverage but I dont like the powdery look. So, first I use either the studio tech, or the liquid foundation. as a base and use the studio fix as a setting powder. After tons of experience of using this product I find that unless you have absolutely perfect skin the product doesnt really look that smooth, and the more you apply the more powdery you look. Use the cream for smooth even coverage and the studio fix as a finishing powder. Gives you a very natural smooth matte finish instead of the heavy powdery look.

For those who feel like the product causes them to break out. Think about the following statements before you blame it on the product and this goes for all foundation products. If using the sponge with the product, especially those with oiler skins, are you changing your sponges frequently?? Sponges absorb the oil in your skin and tend to hold bacteria. I recommend a brush, you can clean them regularly and it cuts down the bacterial growth in the product. Also how do you remove your make up each night?? ARE YOU SLEEPING IN IT!!! A BIG NO NO!! Also, most people go right into the bathroom and just start washing away. YOU MUST PROPERLY REMOVE ALL MAKE UP BEFORE CLEANSING!! When you dont its like washing the product back into your skin and its never totally removed. Try some type of make up remover before cleansing the skin.

If none of the above still dont work for you maybe its just not for you. But I think that before you count a product totally out think about everything I have said.

If your a must have all in one type...Nars has a great powder foundation as well.

UPDATE!!! FOR WILDCATS72 I gave the prodcut three stars cause I had to give it a rating. I wasnt gonna give it one star and I wasnt gonna give it a five either. The product can produce very nice results on someone who has the right complextion. Healthy balance skin, few blemishes here and there. It gives great coverage and all that. But its not that easy for everyone. If your skin is drier you have to do certain things to get it to wear right. If you are between certain complexions you have to do certain things to get the color match just right. For example, my grandmother is a darker skinned cherokee indian. She has this crazy dark olive colored skin tone...when you look at her you are like now what in the world color would she wear? Her husband/my gdad is bi racial..black and white. So my mom is a funny light skinned color. Then there is me. Mixed with all of these things when it comes to studio fix and the tricky color chart it was hard for me to find a color. I can wear an NC and a NW. In the summer I tan an odd golden color...but sometimes because of the way studio fix wears one shade is to light, the other too dark, some to red another too yellow and it makes me look gray. Because I'm an artist I know how to mix and match and find the right shades. But to the average consumer, thats becomes frustrating time consuming and inconvienent.
With that said I am not gonna give it five stars because it has lacking areas....but does it deserve just one lipstick and a no...not all because just like I have come across consumers where its a stuggle to find that right shade and also make the product wear right on the skin...I have come across just as many people with nice balanced even toned and well hydrated skin and they are able to wear the product beautifully and find a nice color with out trying on a hundred different shades.

87 out of 107 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No