September 3, 2014 | 1096 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Enrilynne

Studiofix is and will always be the best foundation/powder in regards to coverage. I wear it to weddings, parties, and anywhere I'll be photographed a lot because it makes your face look flawless and airbrushed. For a dewy look, I set it with the MAC Fix+ mist (I think that's what its called). Also, it cuts down my makeup application time because I don't have to use a separate foundation and powder. However, because of its ingredients I can't wear it everyday as I have oily, acne-prone skin. It's always good to have on hand though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by ctanimalhouse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best powder/foundation out there...I have rosacea and it covers the redness and does not irritate my skin. Mineral powder makeup would look shiny and make my skin oily...Studio Fix powder/foundation the best!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by oreo0303

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this powder foundation. i have extremely oily skin and this foundation mixes with my natural oils to give it a dewy look; however in the summer time, blotting is necessary. ive also heard that you can purchase products that apply under your foundation for oil control. if you're lookin for something that really helps with oil control try using the liquid foundation version (its called studio fix fluid spf 15) which is oil free. i use the liquid sometimes but i prefer using the powder for most of the year, mostly b/c liquid looks and feels like im wearing a heavy mask. i like the lightness of the powder and i like how i can still touch my face without ruining my makeup. if you use powder foundation (any kind) make sure you take care of your skin. wash your face with a gentle exfoliatier (like neutrogena in the orange squeeze tube) a couple times a week and moisturize b/c powder really accentuates dry skin. also if you break out alot, i would use liquid over powder b/c powder tends to cling to problem areas. usually wat i do is wash my face, then apply moisturizer (cetaphil), i wait about 5 mins until it evaporates, then i use a kabuki brush to powder my face (any large fat brush will work, i find that the sponge tends to make the powder cake on my face but i use it sometimes on areas that need alot of coverage and then i blend it in using a brush all over my face). ive had no problem with break outs using this product, and i have extremely acne prone skin. great natural looking product as long as you use it right!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by girl4trish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I am nopw on my 4th Studio Fix. I go between N3 and NC15, depending on the season. I really like the ease of application, and the flawless look. It doesn't have some of the best ingredients, however, if you remove your makeup then cleanse properly, you won't experience breakout. One of the reason Studio Fix has such great is the dimethicone used. It feels silky on the skin, but left on to mix with the oils on your face = breeding ground. I uise Clinique's Makeup Removing Wash (lavendar tube) then my DDF Cleanser to cleanse and tone. It's ESSENTIAL to properly cleanse in order to remove all makeup. The wipes won't do it alone. For reference, I am actively cystic, with oily skin and very prone to breakout. This DOES NOT cause me to break out when I properly cleanse.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2008 8:32:00 AM More reviews by yunyun22

I will NEVER EVER buy this product again. I used ot have PERFECT, CLEAR skin, until I started using this after everyone told me about it's fantastic coverage and oil control.It broke me out like crazy, and I look like a Sunkist at the end of everyday, whether or not I sweat.
Worse of all, it did nothing in the oil controlling department, bcause a weird non-radiant kind of sheen will float up to the surface of my skin 3 hours into applying this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mrslaperre

Excellent coverage, and oily/moist enough not to make my skin flaky. (I wear it alone over moisturizer daily.) I've had some bad packaging experiences where the compact was already crumbling when I opened it, which sucks cause it'll make a mess anywhere it touches, this stuff is dense... (Hence the great coverage.) I take good care of my skin, BHAs, AHAs and BP so I can't say this powder has caused any acne, as I've used it for like 10 years now. Makes my skin look PERFECT.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 6:27:00 AM More reviews by margyb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this product for over a decade and wouldn't be without it. I have normal skin and use the NC30. For daily wear I apply it with a jumbo makeup brush so it's not too heavy and just takes the sheen off. For evening wear I use the sponge. I wouldn't be without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ienroll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed with this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

Like many MAC foundations on me, this product looks amazing when applied and the colour match is almost perfect (nc15) but sadly like many here, i have found it produces oil, which makes my skin look patchy. The packaging is just a classic compact with a separate layer for the sponge, which i like. Although i am always careful with my cosmetics, the cover in front of the clasp at the front broke early on. Thought it might be worth a mention. I guess its another one for the pile!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by flittered