MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I have this pressed powder in NC30 -- bought it last winter when I was paler. I think it's because the color blends really well with my skin goes on smoothly that I liked it so much. It doesn't cake up, and I have not broken out from it. :D

EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I'm so mad I didn't keep my receipt. I should be more like my mom and keep them all so I could return this junk. I, like many others here, broke out horribly from this stuff. I didn't realize this was the culprit until I had 3 honkin cystic pimples...2 right next door to each other on my cheek, and one smack in the middle of my forehead. My face was pretty wrecked. I was trying all kinds of different treatments to fix my face, and then getting ready in the morning and smearing this crap on my face, and wondering why nothing was working! I'm glad I put 2 and 2 together before I looked even worse. And I'm really glad I read some reviews on the Neutrogena Advanced Acne Solutions Therapy System, because it definitely saved me from further embarassment. It was so bad I wouldn't even let my boyfriend of 2 and a half years see me without at least concealer. I also found it to be really greasy after just a couple hours. I didn't expect that from a powder, but I sure got it. I did like the coverage, I'm very fair skinned so any red marks on my face take forever to fade and I liked that it easily hid them. But I wouldn't have so many to wait to heal if it weren't for this makeup in the first place!! No no no no no. Bad MAC!! That's a very naughty MAC!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I believe on its own, this product does not work that well. But when I combine with a little bit of MAC Studio Fix Liquid as the base and use a brush to apply the powder, it makes my skin look perfect. I bought the compact back in May and it barely looks like I have used it.

I bought this on a whim when I had money to burn. When I got it home I realized that I had swapped away this same item once several years ago. My feelings remain negative, as this powder is too orangey (NC20), heavy, dry, and cakey for me to wear. When I wear it, it looks like a death mask, like something an Okie undertaker would smear on the face of dead grannies before an open casket funeral. Hey, I just felt like being insulting--haha. :-( I do hate this powder, though, although I'm sure you couldn't tell!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Edit 11-22-2010: I ended up swapping this powder away a year ago and was missing it lately so I ran out and purchased a new one. The first time I was matched to NC40, the second time I chose NC42 and wow, what a huge leap between the two! I actually like the NC42 better and I feel like if you get THE perfect color it won't look too cakey. I'm really glad that I repurchased it and at $26, it's a little pricey but not as much as Bobbi Browns foundation stick (my usual HG).

My husband actually purchased this for me for Christmas, a month after we had had our son and I was in a desperate phase of trying to grasp my life back from our son. My skin at the time was still coming down off of the hormones and was crazy and studio fix covered it all! I used to wet the sponge that came with it and apply it that way (maximum coverage!!). Now that it's summer time and my skin is coming back, I use my 187 to buff it in. One swipe around the powder covers my whole face and with normal days (like going grocery shopping, lugging groceries etc) it stays on. Sometimes I think the humidity almost makes it look better as the day goes on! I don't think I'd buy again since this will last a long time- less really is more!

Didn't like it. It made me break out. Color selection is very good though and someone who isn't as breakout prone would probably be pleased.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Great color on my skin... but the powder felt very heavy. I walked around all day with a weight on my face from the powder. The product broke me out too. I love MAC products, but will never buy Studio Fix powder again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! I like looking very natural, just better and I've been looking for a powder or TM or foundation to do that for years. I never thought MAC would be the place to find it. I always equated MAC with heavy, Kabuki face makeup, but it really is, all in the application. Use very sparingly and use a brush that isn't densely packed. 8 Hour Test: slightly worn away in high rub zones. Nose and mouth. My bad.

This powder foundation is finely milled and well-pigmented. I got mine in NC20. When I first applied it, not knowing how pigmented it was going to be I heavily swirled my brush in the pan, and as soon as I put the product on my face I realised I didn't need to pick up as much product as I thought I needed. A little of this goes a long way. The coverage is brilliant. The powder formulation means that you don't need as much coverage as you do with a liquid because the matte appearance makes imperfections insignificant looking. I can't believe how polished my skin looks after using this. When I first used SF powder, I put concealer on first but the second time I used it I realised I didn't even need concealer underneath. If I need to conceal anything major, I just spot apply extra SF powder in those places with a concealer brush. Before this foundation, the heavy coverage of Ben Nye Colour Cake was my go-to HG. However, MAC SF is easier because it is travel-friendly, is used dry instead of wet, it has a cool little ventilated sponge compartment, and it is faster to apply. There is a con to this product I would like to touch on, though. MAC SF powder does not seem to be able to stay on my face. I put it on, have a make-out session with the bf [lol sorry if too much info], look in the mirror and it's gone. Maybe it's not sweat-resistant or transfer-resistant enough. This aside, I have slept in it and it has not broken me out. My skin has actually improved since switching from Ben Nye to MAC foundation. I'm totally happy and, aside from how it comes off too easily, this product is AWESOME.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The coverage is almost too good. very opaque, u need a light hand with this, if you want it to look natural

Video Reviews & Tutorials