MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/27/2008 9:15:00 AM

This stuff is oil free....and LAST ALL DAYYY.....from am till pm....whenever I'm sweating,or get into the pouring rain when I try to get in some buildings from the parking lot.....
Actually, I realy love how this stuff fells like my second skin,and looks sooo NATURAL....but still covers my imperfections....
My skin looks flawless and great all day long....
It doesn't clog pores....doesn't cause any breakouts...and easy to remove......It feels very light and really nice on my skin....my skin can breathes easily....
I only need A LITTLE with this...just one drop...and then I pat this thing on my face with my fingers....and it goes on realllllllyyy smooth...

Hey MAC...I'm in LOVE with your SFF!definitely will repurchase!
The only downside is...the packaging,I prefer with pumps....

on 7/25/2008 3:56:00 PM

i'm bobbi brown sand, and got this in nc20. i read up on the reviews and decided to get the pump together (which the ma seemed to have forgotten to scan, or maybe she just decided to give it to me free :D). the color match is great, i think even better than my bobbi brown moisturizing cream compact foundation (for reference i'm asian w yellow undertones). the coverage is also very good and i need a lot less hilighter/concealer.
i have dry combination skin and use estee lauder's cyber white EX power protector spf 50 as a primer. i apply the foundation with bobbi brown's foundation brush (really good brush! no streaks :D). i pump a drop on the back of my for each of the four areas: forehead, cheek, cheek, nose+chin. i find the the formula quite matte, so it's important to spread the foundation quickly. i pick up the foundation with the brush and dab around the intended area then blend. if you don't do this a lot of product will get wasted cos it dries on your hand before you can use it.
this lasts me an entire day. i don't have to powder when i just put it on in the morning unless im covering some zits with concealer. normally i'll just powder once with mac blot powder/loose to touch up in the afternoon.

on 7/25/2008 3:54:00 PM

on 7/24/2008 7:05:00 PM

After reading some reviews on MUA, I decided to splurge. I went to the MAC store and was matched up to NC 25. The MAC makeup artist(?) primed me, put on the foundation, and sealed it in with some powder and a spritz of water.

Although it looked a teensy bit cakey at first, it became to have a nice natural glow with awesome coverage. I had a random, severe break out earlier this year all over and haven't found a liquid foundation that has been matte but didn't cause further break out (I was using Lancome but it was too sheer). We'll see how well I do it tomorrow when I try to put it on, but for the first time today, I was able to pick my hair up and expose my pseudo-clear cheeks.

on 7/24/2008 7:17:00 AM

I just bought this recently... I had to choose this over the HyperReal foundation with SPF 15 (Which gives a dewy, more natural look) because of it's price. Its about 3 dollars cheaper than the HyperReal, and the price won me over...

I think next time I will probably get the HyperReal. I've always had bad experience with matte foundations... they always make me seem to look very cakey because my dry skin is emphasized with the visibility of flakes.

I am an NC30 and I thought that would be way too dark on me but it blends in pretty well. When the MA did it for me, it looked pretty evident on my skin... I could see the cakiness, but that was probably because they did not blend it in well. Then, I tried it at home using only a VERY tiny bit from the cap with a sponge, and the results were amazing. The appearance was matte (I think anyone could easily tell) but I did not appear flaky or dry at all.

This is a great product, and should only be used a little at a time, otherwise the appearance of too much matte will result. I won't be repurchasing this because it will last a very long time and I really want to go for a more natural look next time.

on 7/21/2008 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just tried this foundation for the first time today.
I suppose I should try it more than once before reviewing, but first impressions count.
I was color matched to NW20 which is a great match for me.
Coverage is great, I have some broken capillaries in my cheeks which it covered pretty well.
I agree with other reviewers though, it is quite thick and looking closely in the mirror you can tell you have makeup on, where as my chanel makeup seems to blend flawlessly with my skin.
I finished the foundation with studio fix powder in C3 to set foundation and reduce shine.
After having it on all day my cheeks are shine free but not my forehead. Very shiny!
I don't mind this foundation though, it feels really light on to me and I have sensitive skin which has had no bad reaction.
I would be willing to buy this and give it a go.
Not sure why the bottle just doesn't come with a pump though. Would be handy.

on 7/20/2008 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My favorite thing about this foundation is the color selection. I am 1/4 Japanese, so I have yellow undertones. NC35 blends beautifully. The coverage is a bit too heavy for daytime coverage IMO, but its flawless for night. Washing this off before bed is a must....I fell asleep in it once and woke up with 3 breakouts the next morning , and I usually don't get pimples. I haven't had any more irritation now that I wash it off religiously., which is probably a good habit to get into anyway. I would recommend this to anyone with normal to dry skin.

on 7/20/2008 9:17:00 PM

I heard so much hype about MAC foundations that when it was time to repurchase, I decided to give it a try. I had been using Clinique until then and I definitely wasnt "in love". I bought the studio fix foundation and it did match my skin nicely. However, it looks VERY matte on the face. It is definitely easy to see that you're wearing makeup. It also seemed to settle into every pore on my face, making them MORE noticeable. I tried applying it with the foundation brush that everyone seems to love, but it didn't make much difference and honestly I prefer my smashbox foundation brush to MACs. I just ordered some MUFE from sephora so hopefully it will work out better.

on 7/20/2008 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this along with the pump which i think is a great way to save product. At first i seriously regretted it! After hearing raves about how great the 187 was to apply this, i tried it and ended up looking blotchy and streaky. I don't know if i used to much but the 187 is simply to big to get into the crevices on my face. I much prefer using my fingers! I dab a few dots around from one squirt of foundation then blend it out and apply concealer where needed. I find this leaves a better result for me! I dont know if i would buy this again as i may try select or mineralize next!

on 7/19/2008 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is an OKAY foundation. Nothing special to be completely honest. Coming from MAC, you would expect a lot more. A makeup artist applied this for me in the boutique with a brush in hand. She used NW35 on me, which blended perfectly. I have very oily skin, and she tried explaining that THIS IS MY BE ALL END ALL FOUNDATION. Truth behold, I did not notice any difference from my Maybelline Pure Makeup. An hour after application, my skin is soo shiny. Ehk, I expected a lot more from this product. It's over priced, the packaging stinks (heavy glass bottle & no pump) and has cakey buildable coverage.

Hate to bring down the ratings =(