MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Far too heavy!! Even on my combined skin. Has good coverage, though. And has an unpleasant scent, which is too heavy for me. Didn't like the packaging either, too heavy to carry around.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Back when I bought the Studio Fix Fuid and the Studio Fix Powder, it looked o.k on my skin. Before I even bought the product, I asked one of the Mac Artist to apply it for me because I wanted to know what it looked like. Looked O.k to me. So of course I bought it. Then I started to notice a couple of days after using this product that I had some tiny pimples all over my face. After that I stopped using Mac face products only because I'm scared I'll break out more. Even though it does a good job covering up the redness on your skin, I find this product to be really thick for my skin.

I LOVE this stuff! If you're after a full coverage foundation which looks natural then BUY IT! A little goes a long way, and it comes in a range of shades for cool and warm skin tones!! The only downside is that it seems to get EVERYWHERE if you dont wash your hands. but thats probably my fault for not washing them afterwards.
Anyway guys, seriously just buy this stuff! im in love! x

. For 18 pounds (UK) you get 30ml of this product. I'm shade NC15 as i have quite a pale complection. MAC bases its shades on NC(neutral cool) for those of you who have a golden beige complection, or NW (neutral warm) for those of you who have a pinky tones to your complection. Now personally i think that you have to have a good foundation in your makeup bag, and i do reccomend this if you want a FULL COVERAGE, applying this is similar to appling face paint as such. It literally conceals everything and gives you a flawless natural matte finnish. The good thing about this foundation is you can really build up the coverage. Applying it with a damp sponge for a lighter sheer coverage is brilliant, a little does go a very long way!!!! Or if you want that fuller coverage then you can build up the layers, i do suggest using a foundation brush for this to avoid looking patchy.WARNING: building up too many layers of this product can make you look very very plasticy and un-natural.This was my first MAC purchase and for 18 pounds I was fairly impressed. The foundation comes in a glass bottle with a matte black lid. One thing i thought i would be getting with this product, which I didn't was a dispencer, you have to buy this seperatley. Although i did find that the No7 foundation dispencer does fit the mac bottle which works out quite well.

this foundation is very heavy - not good for comb/oily skins and it wil just make u oilier. it does have good coverage and would prob be good for people with drier skins, it seemed to be quite longwearing but if ur like me and have combination skin, stay away!!

I am so glad I didn't waste my money on this (I got it in a swap). I can't say anything good about this product. It is very thick, very cakey. It made me look like I was wearing a pancake of foundation. I started using it sparingly on my blemish-y areas only, and it was ok. But only if I used it VERY sparingly, almost as a concealer. I didn't find it broke me out a lot, but it did break me out a little bit in certain areas. I really dislike this stuff. The bottle is awkward, the product is awful.

EDIT - I am going to have to re-think this review. After running out of my regular foundation, I went back to this stuff. I watered it down with some LUSH Tea Tree Water and put it on after a primer. And to be honest, I'm really liking it. When I water it down I use much less product, but still get full coverage. I have no need for a concealer because I can use the product full strength as a spot treatment, including under my eyes. I have to say, I think I would buy this product again.

The only reason why I'm not giving this 4 or 5 lippies is a) the price and b) a high end product should not have to be watered down to be usable, in my opinion. This is just too cakey for me if it isn't thinned out, and for the price, I don't think that's a good thing.

UPDATE AGAIN - Ok so years later, I still use this OCCASIONALLY. Only when my skin needs serious help (especially in winter). It does oxidize so I end up looking quite yellow and sallow, but the coverage is great (often I won't need a concealer if I use this), so I take it as it is. Another problem is this definitely breaks me out so I need to use a primer underneath and can only use it once in a while. But I think this does what it claims to, so I will maintain the 4 lippies.

this is def not a HG foundation for me. i still havent quite found one for me. bvut anyways, i only really wear this foundation if im going on a night out.

PROS:
- decent coverage
- moderately priced
- wide range of shades
- blends and applies well (w/ brush not fingers)

CONS:
- FEELS HEAVY!! this is my biggest issue, it feels like a mask and i start to feel greasy pretty fast, my skin feels like it cant breathe!!
- dislike the packaging, heavy glass bottle, can crack if you drop it and spills everywhere **i had to buy the pump seperately!!
- causes me to break out if i where it frequently, hence the reason i only wear it on certain occasions.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I thought this was a great product. I wasn't really aware of what other liquid foundations were out there. At first, I really loved this because of the amount of coverage that I seemed to get with it. That being said, I don't think I really knew how a liquid foundation should feel, and I also had bad enough skin to where this was the amount of coverage I thought I needed.

But it turned out that this was clogging my pores pretty badly. I didn't think anything of it until my cousin was using the same foundation as I was and she was having issues with it as well. Upon trying other liquid foundations, I came to realize that this was very thick and didn't offer me an application that I enjoyed. It actually felt heavier in comparison to some products that did much more for my skin.

Honestly, it's simply not worth it. MAC doesn't have a winner with this one, and I'm surprised so many people still purchase it, because I don't see any good reason to do so.

Past the fantastic coverage that I received with it and the very, VERY matte finish, I didn't see many merits in this foundation. It's just not something I see myself picking up again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

As a very oily skinned DD, this is one of the few foundations I've tried that actually seem to control oil, and doesn't have my face looking like I had a Crisco facial by the end of the day. I have this in NC50. It gives medium to full coverage, but I find its mainly full coverage. Matte finish. I took away 1 l/s because to me its just a tad on the orange side. This has to be applied on an exfoliated and moisturized face for best results. I noticed a lot of ladies complained of breakouts. I havent had any so far, Im keeping my fingers crossed.

ETA: Get the pump. Its way too awkward to try to pour the right amount without a pump.

Gr8888 luv it!!! Gives nice flawless coverage i use it w/ Chanel foundation brush.

Edited March 29,2009: If you use your fingers it gives more coverage. I luv how MAC has yellow undertone Foundations.

I love this foundation, it's probably the best liquid one I've ever used. Great medium to full coverage depending on how much you use and I don't really need a concealer anymore when I'm wearing this. Have also love the studio fix powder version and wear that in NC25...however I feel as if the NC25 in the liquid version might be a little darker. It looks more natural after I apply some mineralized skinfinish natural over it in light-medium. I'll probably repurchase again in NC20 though since I feel as if the liquid version runs a little darker. Oh and the packaging is a little annoying since there's no pump...