April 20, 2014 | 2052 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Martini82

Great coverage for acne-prone skin and wonderful selection of shades. I guess I'm lucky having read other reviews, as in Hong Kong they give you the pump for free!!! :o)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by dggal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are lots of pluses for this foundation. The colors are terrific and the coverage is great. I chose this foundation because I needed to cover up some redness in my complexion and this foundation is very buildable. I also think the price is great and is a lot cheaper than most department store foundations. The negatives are that it doesn't have great oil control and it's not as long lasting as I would have liked. The biggest negative though is that it broke me out. I ended up with some deep seeded blackheads after using this and I usually don't get those. I did notice this foundation sits in pores so you do have to blend well. If this doesn't cause breakouts, this might be one you might consider. I ended up returning it to Nordstroms for a full refund.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2007 4:16:00 AM More reviews by taste4style

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I bought this to try at the same time as my Laura Mercier foundation, it is cheaper and yes you can tell as it has a slight chemical smell, and the texture isn't as silky as the LM one. However, the pluses are the colour match was better than the LM foundation, and I tried applying the product with a damp sponge to get a sheer application of the foundation which is a little thick and it worked nicely! When I need super staying power I use the LM one, but I use this for shorter wear periods such as on the weekend, and as a backup foundation when I don't want to waste my expensive LM one. Give it a go if you have oily t-zone, it's better than the MAC Studio Fix foundation which goes blotchy with oily skin. And try the LM primer underneath, and a set with a loose powder to control oil if required.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by spoiledka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

okay well i've had this foundation for about a month and so far i love it. the color matches me perfect. when i first started using it i noticed i was breaking out but i figured out that it was the prep+prime that was causing it, which by the way i find doesnt even work. so know i use the foundation and finish it off with blot loose powder but i think im going to try the blot pressed powder next. i also use the studio fix powder foundation as a concealer for small imperfections. now the foundation with powder can be a bit cakey if you apply to much but i simply dampen my sponge and then apply the foundation. it gives great coverage and last all day on me even through the night when i'm to lazy to wash my face. i think this is my HG foundation, well at least for now. oh and you need to buy a pump for this foundation because it is impossible for me to get the foundation out of the bottle without it. i love that it doesnt flash up white in photos unlike EL Double Wear... overall i think this is a great foundation. for reference i have combo/oily skin and i use NC25. the powder i use in medium. i love love this foundation. i will repurchase....UPDATE 9/16/07: okay well i still love the color and its very blendable but unfortunatly it breaks me out BAD!!! SO I TOOK ONE LIPPIE OFF... I WILL CONTINUE MY SEARCH....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by amonty82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay...I am giving this product a 2nd chance because I love it so much. This make up has excellent coverage and the color selection is great which guarantees a good match on my skin. I thought this makeup broke me out before. But I was in between makeups so it technically could have been anything. I am giving it a 2nd chance. Will update this review after a month or so of wearing. Wish me luck!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ljaybaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hated this so much, it made my skin look scaly, overmade up like a drag queen and just damn right hideous would not buy again, i put it on my friend and it had the same effect it does keep the grease away for a bit but there are away better foundations out there. I felt like Id thrown my money down the drain.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by macdude

I LOVE this foundation...by far, the best I ever tried.
Incredible coverage (but doesn't feel heavy)...it stays all day long (even when it's summer)...and no one can tell i'm wearing make up! I think this is my HG!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 10:36:00 AM More reviews by dahoodmodel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have been looking for a good foundation that will work with my oily dark skin found the perfect shade (NW45) and long with the blot power keep me as matte as i'm gonna get, will buy unless i find something better UPDATE: this has been my "HG" for the last year or soo love this !!!
Update: I discovered my issue with this foundation I had the wrong color which caused me to look very orange I switched to NC 50 perfect match the ONLY foundation I've brought over and over! Word of advice if you have dry or acne prone skin or don't need much coverage stay a way

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 4:05:00 AM More reviews by jula6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried a lot of expensive brands like Chanel and Lancome but I just couldn't find the right color. This foundation covers very well and I found exactly the right color for my fair skin (NW15). It looks natural too.
After a long day at work my skin still looks great.
I definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Arizonah13

I love this foundation!! I've been using it for over a year (am working on my 4th bottle - yes I use alot of foundation) and I couldn't be happier. It applies beautifully. I tried it with the 190 brush, fingers, kabuki, etc... and find a regular make wedge/sponge works best for me. The coverage is excellent and very buildable. It doesn't get cakey at all or make me oily. I don't *think* it breaks me out, but its hard to say since I always have about 1 pimple. :(
I use NC15, but wish they had a shade that was just a tiny smidgen lighter (because, yes, I'm that pale). But I love this foundation and will continue to return to it.