July 22, 2014 | 1648 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2006 5:18:00 AM More reviews by shirlh

I'm allergic to most lip balms, and unfortunately this is another one of those. It doesn't moisturise and caused my lips to start peeling.

Definitely not on my buy-again list.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2006 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Bailey422

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this lip balm at first because of the minty tingle. Over time, however, it really dried my lips out and irritated them to the point of breaking out in a rash. I thought I was having a reaction to something else and kept applying more of this, until I finally realized this lip balm was the problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2006 1:32:00 PM More reviews by MUApostsecret

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

menthol. why??? its dries out the lips.

need i say more?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 1:21:00 PM More reviews by tracita

I've been using this balm for years and I still love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2006 12:35:00 PM More reviews by telly2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Honey version of this balm (in the stick form) for about 6 months. This is the first Burt's lip balm I've tried, and I am loving it ! I do not detect any peppermint at all in the Honey variety, so no stinging, just a great softening and mild honey scent. I did notice some grainyness (sp?) the first few times I used it, but that seems to have disappeared now. I use this every day and would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 8:42:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Either in a tin or a tube this is the best lip balm for irritated chapped lips. It heals and soothes. Even though the peppermint burns a bit it feels great after a few minutes and what's more it is effective. I also love the homeopathic properties of the real peppermint oil used in the balm. Peppermint oil is a natural antiseptic and immune booster. So everytime you use this you give your immune system a little boost. Which is great in the flu months.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2006 10:59:00 AM More reviews by aquamarine11

I don't like this product. It stings my lips when I put it on, and then it dries them out quite a bit, which is ridiculous in a lip balm. Peppermint oil is very irritating to the skin, especially the sensitive skin on the lips. Too bad, because I like the idea of a natural beeswax lip balm. Since I have stopped using this, my lips are not as dry and are no longer chapped. Would never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 9:11:00 PM More reviews by HollyHox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product and always have..

I don't understand all the bad reviews but to each their own. It is expensive for a lipbalm.. even a natural/organic balm. But I find it works amazingly in the winter for chapped lips, so it's worth it. We now carry this at my work so I get it at cost.. that's certainly a bonus.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2006 4:03:00 PM More reviews by skitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i don't get what's so special about this aside from the minty tingle.
it felt like any other lip balm at first, but later it starts to dry the lips out. i hate how i could actually taste it when i breathe in. yuck.

i prefer blistex.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

This was just okay. I find that all of Burt's Bees lip balms are really hard to apply, though. They aren't soft enough to go on nice and smooth, so you kind of have to smoosh them to get them "gooey" I had to put a ton on to even feel it. It smelt okay. That was about it. =\