October 31, 2014 | 823 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by shedrake

I really like the lemony scent of it. This product claims to clean eye makeup and everything, but that wasn't my experience. I still had to use eye makeup remover to get the remnants. I got a small sample bottle(2 oz) from Sephora, and it has lasted longer than my old cleanser. Therefore, the price of $20 for an 8 oz bottle doesn't seem so bad considering that it might last longer than other cleansers. Also, I got the idea from Sephora to use it for cleaning out hand washable clothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2005 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hannah56

This is the first cleanser I've used that I actually love. I have sensitive combination skin and it balances me out perfectly -- I use it twice a day and my cheeks never feel dry and I no longer have the oiliness around my nose and chin that I used to get about halfway through the day. My skin feels better and I'm not the only one who notices that it looks better too. I'm on a limited budget when it comes to products but this is such an HG for me that it's worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2005 9:24:00 PM More reviews by grrrpirategirl

I love this cleanser, especially for winter skin. It's very gentle but leaves skin smooth and with no "moisturising" residue. For being so gentle it still amnages to just barelt astringe my pores and that's uncommon.

My only peeve, totally inconsequential to my judgement, is the Philosophy packaging. I like the look and simplicity but the actual stuff written is so unbearably cheesy and faux-serious I can hardly take it. It's like someone who thinks they are very profound writing greeting cards. Oh dear... Just too much!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by actress981

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, I think I may have commented on the product before, but I'm updating it (two years later). I used to swear by this product, but somewhere along the line, I switched. I always got compliments on my skin (I'm fair skinned with freckles but no blemishes, etc), and thought that, "Hey, I'm young, I have nice skin... I don't need to spend $20 for a cleanser!" For a couple of months, my skin still looked great. Then, it went south... WAY south. At first I attributed it to a new cream blush I was using as it seemed to be just blackheads on my cheeks. Then, it was a foundation... then, the LA smog (I'm from the east coast)... I finally attributed it to getting older- adult onset acne. I even had a make-up artist tell me I needed to "try ProActiv". I used three different cleansers. I started using a topical solution for the first time, which seemed to help, but I still had some breakouts. Then, finally I decided- you know what? I'm going to try Purity Made Simple again... it can't hurt. Well, I've been using it (and nothing else but moisturizer since)- and my skin is BACK!!! Healthy, black-head free, soft, luminous. The compliments have started again. I SWEAR by this stuff. It removes any make-up residue, your skin doesn't feel tight afterwards, and in my opinion (after trying everything else)- this is the best it gets.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2005 8:52:00 PM More reviews by dansgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been my staple cleanser for years now because it's gentle but removes all of my makeup including eye makeup with ease. The main reason I bought it all those years ago when it was called Real Purity (now called Purity Made Simple) was because I could scrub the makeup off of my eyes and it didn't burn. I will always remain faithful to this cleanser!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2005 5:34:00 PM More reviews by salamea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this. It smells medicinal, does not remove my makeup very well, and dries my skin out. Yuk!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2005 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lmdavila

Skin Type: Combination

Price: $32.00 for 16 oz

After a few months of using this I have to save that I love it. It has helped a lot with my clogged pores and leaves my skin without any filmy residues and super clean. It doesn't leave my skin dry at all. I think the price is good too since it lasts forever. This is my HG combined with Hope in a Jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2005 7:36:00 PM More reviews by jai1982

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this cleanser contrary to what christina carlino says proved to be extremely harsh , at least for my winter dried acne prone skin. im giving it 2 lippies because it does remove makeup, i put my bottle away and saved it for summer when it might work a little better than in winter when my skin is so sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2005 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ilovenoise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried many different cleansers and always come back to this, love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 9:59:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I am a stickler for cleansers that lather and this one doesn't. It does contain lavender which is a known skin irritant, in fact, the first time I used this, it made my face bright red. It did clean my skin really well, but I don't think I would venture to puchase this again. However, I do enjoy reading the labels which make one think they are at a family values seminar with their philosophical approach to skin care, thus the name.