September 30, 2014 | 1294 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2005 5:34:00 PM More reviews by salamea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this. It smells medicinal, does not remove my makeup very well, and dries my skin out. Yuk!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2005 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lmdavila

Skin Type: Combination

Price: $32.00 for 16 oz

After a few months of using this I have to save that I love it. It has helped a lot with my clogged pores and leaves my skin without any filmy residues and super clean. It doesn't leave my skin dry at all. I think the price is good too since it lasts forever. This is my HG combined with Hope in a Jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2005 7:36:00 PM More reviews by jai1982

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this cleanser contrary to what christina carlino says proved to be extremely harsh , at least for my winter dried acne prone skin. im giving it 2 lippies because it does remove makeup, i put my bottle away and saved it for summer when it might work a little better than in winter when my skin is so sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2005 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ilovenoise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried many different cleansers and always come back to this, love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 9:59:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I am a stickler for cleansers that lather and this one doesn't. It does contain lavender which is a known skin irritant, in fact, the first time I used this, it made my face bright red. It did clean my skin really well, but I don't think I would venture to puchase this again. However, I do enjoy reading the labels which make one think they are at a family values seminar with their philosophical approach to skin care, thus the name.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 11:40:00 AM More reviews by emiliejolie

The smell of Purity Made Simple isn't pleasant (it has a bitter, herbal/medicinal scent). And it leaves my face way too thigh. It's too drying for me. I have a combo skin, but my cheeks are a bit dry. It might works better for oilier skins.

The first couple of times I used it, my face seemed brighter, clearer, less ''dull'', but after a while, it came back to its usual dull look. I have experienced the same problem with some Philosophy products: they works very well at the beggining but my skin get quickly used to the product and after some time, it worsen my skin & my acne. :-(

I swapped my bottle a while ago and I won't buy it again. Not sure if I would buy another facial product from Philosophy (although I like Hope in a bottle, the treatment for adult acne). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2005 2:59:00 PM More reviews by The_Maverick25

I was very pleasantly surprised with this cleanser. Besides Cetaphil, it's the first thing I have found that doesn't irritate or break out my sensitive combo skin. This leaves my skin soft and smooth and I haven't experienced any redness or irritation from it. Some days I don't even feel like I have to apply moisturizer after cleansing, which is amazing in the dry winter! I didn't have any high hopes for this because most cleansers don't do anything for me, but I'm actually repurchasing this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2005 3:37:00 AM More reviews by alliecollins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this. it makes me feel clean and it does tighten up my skin which is something that i don't mind at all. i use this twice a day and don't ever see myself using anything else. it even smells fresh and clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2005 10:40:00 AM More reviews by jennifer36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Removes makeup like a dream. Face feels CLEAN! Makes my skin feel slightly tight only downside. I still have repurchased many times just for the makeup remover factor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2005 1:20:00 AM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great cleanser and will definitely repurchase. It cleans my combo skin wonderfully and doesn't leave it tight or with a filmy residue. I think it will make a great year round cleanser. The scent is not the greatest, but it's not overpowering. It's sort of an herbal or medicinal smell.