Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 8/7/2005 2:08:00 AM

I've tried and tried to like this cleanser, but I think it's just AVERAGE at best. I love philosophy products by and large, but Purity is no better than the average drugstore cleanser and it's a lot more expensive. I'm not impressed.

on 8/2/2005 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is gentle and thorough. It removes ALL makeup, including mascara. My husband always comments that my skin smells clean after I use this. Using eye makeup remover is no longer necessary (one less step in my routine!) because Purity Made Simple removes everything. I will repurchase this one for a long time to come.

on 8/1/2005 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Awesome cleanser for combination skin. Cleans thoroughly without drying. Smells lovely!

on 7/31/2005 3:50:00 PM

This is a great cleanser that gently and effectively cleans my skin. I really love the fresh scent and the way my skin feels after I have washed my face. I will definitely keep using this product for a very long time.

on 7/27/2005 2:53:00 PM

I got this as an extra from a swap that I did a while back. I'm currently travelling now throughout Scandinavia for 3 weeks and thought I'd give it a try. Please note that the waters here in Norway is different than to the waters in London; London has the hardest waters in the world imho and that's why I use 3 different cleansers at night.

Purity Made Simple is a great non soap cleanser! It effectively takes makeup off without a hitch and also without drying out my skin in the process. I'd buy it again but I've just stocked up on Shu Uemura cleansing oils to take back with me to Australia. So maybe after I finish those, I'll start using this cleanser again.

on 7/27/2005 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Hmmm...I feel like I'm doing this product a diservice by not raving about it but I can't get past the funky smell! I bought the Jumpstarters kit and while I love the cleanser and it definitely takes off all my makeup the smell of it and the moisturiser mean that I just don't enjoy using it which is a shame coz I think it'll stop me from re-purchasing. So if you won't mind the smell then it leaves your face really clean, doesn't break me out and takes off eye makeup perfectly but if you want to be able to inhale while cleansing then personally I'll give this one a miss and go back to my Liz Earle cleanser and Origins moisturiser.

on 7/23/2005 9:04:00 PM

Just had my first spin w/Purity. Hmmmm. I can see why some don't like the scent. I smell lavender most of all, so if you don't care for the fragrance of lavender essential oil, you'll probably hate this.

After using, my face felt clean but not raped of all its natural moisture. So far, I really like it. It foamed up just a little and removed my MAC Powerpoint.

I will update with further use.

Update: I have been using this daily for months now. I can't wait for the anniversary event so I can get the big pump bottle from Nordstrom again. I'll keep using this until my skin changes and it's no longer the best...but for the time being I've found my HG cleanser! continued >>

on 7/18/2005 2:57:00 PM

This is another one of those things that I really wanted to like, but with which I was ultimately disappointed. My skin dries out very easily, so I have to be careful when choosing cleansers. While this one didn't strip my skin, it still dried it out a little bit. The thing that bothered me most about this was the smell -- it smells musty and old to me, literally like an old coat or something that has been stored away for a hundred years in a closet. I'm definitely a scent girl (good products should smell nice!), so this one really didn't do it for me.

on 7/17/2005 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got a sample of this from Nordstoms and I am really impressed how well it took off my makeup and sunscreen! I also liked the scent, which surprisingly didnt irritate my skin. My skin was left soft and clean and completely makeup free. I think I might wait until after fall/winter to buy becuase I did need to use a little bit more moisturizer after. I might get another sample and see how it works on my skin in winter.

on 7/16/2005 5:19:00 PM

My skin was thought to be sensitive, but after using this it became "normal." I like the smell and the way it feels after cleansing my face. If you have slightly oily skin like I do, you may wish to skip the moisturizer at night. Just apply treatment/serum like philosophy when hope is not enough.