Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

Nice cleanser. Simple but with some caring botonicals in it. Deep cleaning yet non-stripping. A suprise for me...have never tried Philosophy...I think of Philosophy catering to young girls (with foo-foo aromas that I'm not attracted to), but I'm nearly 50 and am impressed by this cleanser.

when i returned my chanel eclat foaming cleanser (HORRIBLE..dried out my face terribly) the sales girl was kind enough to give me a sample of purity, and a couple of kiehls face wash. anyway, purity is sooo much better than chanel and it doesnt dry out my face, smells good, and hasnt been causing any trouble so far. thumbs up!

I used this religiously until I was no longer able to afford it. Love the pump bottle, not so fond of the fact that you can't lock the pump mechanism for travelling. I adore the subtle lavender-y, sandalwood-y scent. Doesn't lather up much, so don't expect lots of foam. Takes off all makeup. Gentle enough to use during the winter, and leaves my normal skin feeling soooooooo soft.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this cleanser for a very short time, but I can already tell this will be one of my favorites!! First off, the packaging is really cute! The price is actually not half bad considering you do get a good amount of product and you only have to use a little bit in order to cover your whole face. The smell is very fresh and clean and the texture is great! The first time I used Purity, I had just developed a painful pimple on my chin. I washed my face with Purity at night and the next morning, my pimple was gone! AND, one of the best things about this cleanser is that it took off every trace of makeup on my face....even my eye makeup!! A++++ for Purity!! ****UPDATE**** 11/24/05 - Well I returned this stuff back to Sephora! I used it for about a week and my chin broke out so bad and was extremely itchy! I switched back to my Aveeno soap and it all cleared up. I gave Purity the benefit of the doubt and tried again once more...same results! I took it back last week!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I do like this cleanser, it doesn't dry out skin, and makes it feel really clean. It doesn't top my Olay Clairty Cleanser so I will not buy again.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I used this product for a month before i came to a conclusion about it. First off, its a nice creamy cleanser, smells 'fresh' and doesnt bother my eyes, and i believe the price is fair. However after a couple weeks, my skin began to break out in little colorless bumps all over, especially on my forhead.. as my shampoo and conditioner etc., hadnt changed, i assumed i was just going through a 'time'.. so i continued to use this cleanser until i recently went home for several days and used my old stand-by DHC cleansing oil while i was there.. bumps disappeared.. so i assume i slowly developed a sensitivity to this product or it did not do a thorough enough job of cleansing.. all i know is that after a week of using my old cleanser again, my skin is clearing up and getting back to normal.. i'd recommend this cleanser to anyone who doesnt have sensitive skin, it was nice, and i cant complain about quality or value.. just didnt work well with my skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

LOVE! This is my "fall/winter" cleanser- I have combo/oily skin, and I use MK Deep Cleanser in the summer months, but that gets to drying now in the fall here in Chicago. I love how Purity melts off my make up completely and makes my face so soft afterward! Its kind of pricey, but well worth it! It has a nice smell also, and you don't need a lot of product to get your face clean.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Got a sample of this from Beauty Bar here in Manila. The staff there showed me how it works, and boy this works as well as Lancome Galateis. What's nice is it's great for busy working girls. With this, you get clean, moisturized skin (and eyelashes!) all in one go. Not oily but cleans stubborn mascara pretty well. Will definitely purchase after using up my Lancome cleanser.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this cleanser :) ! I have normal-dry skin, and i was suprised this did not leave my skin feeeling tight/irritated in the least bit, as i heard here it was not the most *gentle* facewash. I bought the 16oz bottle, somehow, i had a feeling i would not regret it. Has a nice, unique fragrance (not overpowering), washes even my regular mascara off as well as the rest of my makeup, and leaves my skin smooth and clean. I can see this becoming a staple!

So far, so good with this cleanser! I had been using Clean & Clear's acne cream cleanser (with 10% BP!), but since my acne is hormonal, it wasn't really doing much to control it. (I have better luck spot-treating with DDF gel and mask, but that's another review!) So, I switched to Philosophy, thanks in part to rave reviews here on MUA. I'd tried it before and it didn't agree with my skin, but my skin has changed, so I'm giving it another go. I usually like foaming or creamy cleansers, and this is sort of in between, but it's very nice. It really does clean off all my makeup very nicely without harsh detergents, and my skin feels really soft afterwards. Yes, it feels slightly tight, but I like a squeaky-clean feeling. I also really adore the smell, it's like a woodsy-lemon scent, which I find very refreshing. I bought the smaller bottle from Sephora and intend to finish this, and if all goes well, call me converted!