December 21, 2014 | 857 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by getchasum

I love Studio fix! I find you can't use it for heavy coverage though, because then it looks caked on. It looks amazing over other foundations or for light coverage though! The only problem I've found is that halfway through the day my face tends to look greasy, and I don't have greasy/oily skin by any means. Good overall product though! Would definitely by it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 3:02:00 AM More reviews by missbaileey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a staple!
I wear it all the time and never have a problem with it. To the person below be that said it looked cakey..are you applying with a powder brush or those sponges? Cause the sponges are rubbish and unhygenic.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by babybeautymaven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yuck this crappy powder looked caked on. no matter how light handed i applied it. Nice color selection. Not great for combo skin. Mac foundations suck!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by artemis513

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

*sigh* Ok, I have a love/hate relationship with this Studio Fix. On one hand, I *love* the powder foundation because it's got great coverage, finish, it lasts all day, and it's convenient (just a bit of select cover-up on my eyes, a powder brush and this and my face is done). However, color selection has been just short of a nightmare (last year I was NW43, this year I am NC45/50--very different), and if I wear this too often (like 2-3 days in a row) I get little breakouts on my cheek areas...but if I'm having an "OMG, I have 5 min to get out the door!" day, I'll grab this. Any other day, it's Px Virtual Matte and that whole process.

I want to keep experimenting with this product and see if I can do something to prevent the sporadic breakouts (maybe extra moisturizer to the cheeks, or try a primer first), so if I find a solution, I'll edit my review as needed.

Update 1/18/09: So it took me 2 yrs but I finally found a color that matches--C8. I also don't experience any breakouts since changing my skin care regiment to all one line (Clinique) versus a mix of expensive and drugstore stuff. Will still repurchase.

Update 1/27/09: Please use makeup remover with this foundation! A product that removes makeup (or a makeup wipe) followed by your regular cleanser. I realized that the breakouts are due to this being a long-lasting makeup. So cleanse thoroughly and every night!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 3:48:00 AM More reviews by vitalic

Very good powder, best one I've used so far, but I'm sure there's better... still top of my list though at the moment! It gives a nice matte finish and has awesome coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by obentick

I love this product, especially when you apply some tint moisterizer an after you apply the Mac studio fix and it really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by retro_diva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is actually my holy grail face powder. I've been using it exclusively for almost three years, and love the coverage it provides. The price is right, and I love MAC products anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Strange because I used to wear this product all the time - and it broke me out BAD! But after all these years I decided to try it again because I had fond memories of the coverage this foundation provided and I haven't been loving my skin recently. So, while visiting the MAC counter, I decided to have the MA put this on me. Well, the coverage is still amazing! I have really bad rosacea and this creates a completely matte, blank slate. But that's part of the problem - there's no depth, no realism to the finish. I looked in the mirror for the rest of the time at the mall and was semi-horrified. I looked sad, cakey, and overdone in a morning-after kind of way.

This might work on someone with more dewy skin, but not moi... I'll try it again in another decade :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by msS

I used this product last summer to hide some hyperpigmentation from a brakeout I had from birthcontrol. HORRIBLE!! It gave me the worst breakout of my life! I'm talkin about cysts and bumps galore. I didn't realize it was the makeup until about 3 months of wearing it. I stopped using it when I started noticing how DRY it made my skin and I started seeing wrinkles! I definitely don't reccommend this product. You would be better off putting paint on your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by xseasoninreverse

I should have known better when all the MAC SA's looked like clowns...
To be honest, this is a horrible foundation. It goes on too thick (but others claim thats just great coverage, yeah right...) it's too greasy and shiny after about an hour, it made me break out horribly, and the color was too orange. I'll never forget when i had three GIANT cystic acne's in the same area on my nose. I looked like a clown with a red nose. and when i tried to cover it up with the concealor and foundation, it looked extremely dark and purple. When I stopped using it, my skin would heal and as soon as i put it on again, it would be like the cycle started all over again, and you end up saying to yourself "AHH I NEED MORE MAC!" it's like people who use this product are just in it for the image portrayed at the mall or in ads, not for how it really looks when you use it everyday. You need to hunt for the right foundation. There are very few people that can use MAC and I can say I am definately not one of them. I wouldn't advise this product because of the low sucess rate.