MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 5/11/2008 9:16:00 PM

I'll start by saying the SA at MAC was extremely friendly and in only a few moments she matched my skin color perfectly (C4). She was a pro =] ... Although the coverage was GREAT, its not one to buy if your looking for the "natural look". It is very clear that you have makeup on when you use this. Most importantly, I have skin that tends to get a little shinny after being at work for about 5 hours, however with StudioFix my face became shinny after no more than an hour and a half. TERRIBLE. It is upsetting that a foundation that is supposed to be a powder actually made my face more oily and FASTER than my skin does naturally. I did not see the point in paying $25.00 for something that requires a touch up every 2 hours. I returned it after using for 3 days.

on 5/11/2008 3:38:00 PM

My co-worker introduced this to me and I've always noticed she had such perfect skin so I decided to test it out. I've been using this product for 6 months now and it's been pretty good! It covers a lot of my red spots and gives my face a pretty smooth look :)

on 5/9/2008 2:49:00 PM

I won't recommend this product to anybody. I have tried better stuff than this (like Bobbi Brown). It doesn't stick close to your skin, so it's very obvious that you got foundation on and I find it a little bit cakey. These things aren't cheap too, for the same price, I would go for another brand.

on 5/9/2008 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have really bad skin for acne...all products made my skin feel so weighted and gross. Now, I've been using MAC products and my skin had been great! I've used the studio mist and tech but I love the studio fix! The other two are great but I like the fast fix. The coverage for me is great, I put more where I need it (old acne scars) and it lasts!The only thing is that if its hot and you're sweaty, it will lose its matte but the overall complexion color of your skin stays, but for me the old acne scars appear again.(Reapply later!)I dont know if there is any makeup that can withstand sweat. But anyways,its easy and compact, I take it everywhere with me!It cost like 24 with tax, I think. I dont use the sponge, good brushes are way better and have a better outcome =)..It feels so light on my skin, I absolutely love it! I will definitely buy again! <3

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Clogged my pores and made me break out soooo badly. Not to mention it made my face look SO shiny, it'd highlight any small breakouts, my fingers would freaking SLIDE across my face it was so oily!

HATE it. It's probably better for people with not so sensitive skin, mine breaks out if the product isn't non-comedonegenic. Should've checked up better, gah.

on 5/8/2008 8:20:00 PM

I had been looking for years for a foundation that covers up my rosacea while controling my oily skin. I have tried a lot of expensive and inexpensive brands but this is the only one that has worked without irritating my skin. I am very happy and have stopped my search.

The foundation (I use C3) comes in a little compact and comes with two sections the top section with the product and a mirror and the ventilated bottom part with has a sponge applicator which I don't use. I tried a flocked makeup sponge and a foundation brush but the best results came from the MAC 187. It is a skunk brush and I rub it over the foundation then rub it onto my skin in little circles and it gives it a very smooth and airbrushed look.

I use 2 pumps of MAC oil control lotion and let set for @15 minutes, then 1 pump of prep and prime, go over face with studio fix and then use a buffer brush to apply MAC mineralized skinfinish in natural (I use light medium). I use the mineralized skinfinish in natural because I get oily and don't need any extra shine during the day. This routine makes my skin look very finished and professional. I only have to do one or two touch ups during the day with MAC pressed blotting powder (I use medium dark) which I apply with a powder brush. Just to give you an idea of how long it lasts I apply my makeup @9am and then put blotting powder @3pm, then again @8pm if I am going out after work. I live in South FL so it is very hot and 100% humidity and this will stay in place all day :) I have only been using for @1 month and haven't gone through our 90+ degree summers but the temperature has gone into the 80's. I haven't had to use blotting paper once since I started using this.

This has given me such a boost of confidence because my skin looks normal for the first time in years. Not only does doing this cover up the redness but I don't look any oilier than most people, Before I looked very shiny just a few hours after applying foundation. It feels strange when you apply it the first couple of times with a flocked makeup sponge because it is dryer than say Mary Kay cream to powder foundation but you get used to it. The foundation sets to a powder finish like Mary Kay. It doesn't feel weird if you apply it with the skunk brush.

on 5/8/2008 10:30:00 AM

I've been using this product for about 3 years and i've never had any problems (my skin is acne prone and tends to breakout at the slightest whim! esp when trying products that may be pore-clogging).

It goes on nice and evenly and lasts for a long time! I would advise using a powder brush and some kind of primer/or moisturizer before. Only downside is that my skin is also on the oily side so it tends to get a little oily towards the afternoon but thats easy to get rid of. Blotting tissues help with that!

I'm a C3 so it can make me look rather pale. I put a little bit of NARS orgasm blush on top and i'm set to go!

Definitely an excellent for the price and I've used many!

UPDATE: Okay, so i finally figured out where my tiny little bumps were coming from. MAC studio fix! After i stopped using this product, the bumps are finally gone! I definitely liked this product too. =( it has beautiful coverage for a powder and lasts forever. I switched to Makeupforever duo matte powder, and that works great! ^_^

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think the first time I reviewed this product, I really didn't explain why this is such a great foundation/powder.

I was using bare minerals loose mineral makeup foundation before with the kabuki and flawless face brushes. Also, I followed exactly what the instructions stated...to swirl, tap, and buff. However, I found myself doing each step 1928371298 times a day to achieve the same sheer coverage I had in the beginning of the day. I thought it was buildable but ended up being meaning I had to build my coverage more and more through the day for it to reappear. It was horrible travelling with the brushes and 4 little jars that make a huge mess in my makeup bag. It was just too much too handle and became such a hassel.

I converted to MAC STUDIO FIX FOUNDATION/POWDER. Man this is now my HG of foundations. I have used many and have always been a powder girl. Tried liquid and it did not work with my oily skin. But this works magic. I always get compliments about how my skin looks flawless and soft and sometimes people ask if I am wearing makeup. It's such a difference. I also use MAC's prep + prime spf 50 after moisturizing my face and I swear this glides on so smoothly and my face feels soft a few hours later. I have naturally oily skin so I always tend to get oily through the day...actually everyone does. But for the amount of coverage I put and with a good primer, it lasts for a long time. Buildable coverage with the right brush...I use my 187 from MAC for sheer coverage and for more I use my buffer brush I got from coastalscents.com which is great. It's a great foundation for those who are also travelling. It's just ONE compact which comes with a sponge for touch-ups (although I prefer using a retractable brush you can buy from target or sephora.)

I mainly bought this for convenience and it has really fulfilled that concern I had for a long time. However, it is all that a more. Just go to your friendly nearby MAC counter and have the MUA try different shades on. This foundation is the one that has the more broader range of colors to match every skintone. So please if you're like me, using mineral loose makeup and can't hang with 32948723 steps to get nice looking skin...try this. With the right shade (and you will find the perfect shade...just ask!) you can achieve a natural looking matte face.

I can't explain how I love this product...I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/7/2008 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I use studio fix C7 by itself for a natural look and over MK Bronze 507 for a made up look. Worn alone the C7 makes my skin very oily. I have dry/normal skin. I don't reccomend this product for people with oily skin, even though that's who the SA say it is for. I continue to use it because it provides good coverage and is buildable. As soon as I find another powder foundation that provides the same level of coverage, I will no longer purchase. Update: My moisturizer was making me oily not the Studio Fix. So, I have switched moisturizers and still use the C7. I love it, becuase you can go from bland to grand in 30 seconds and I can "do my face" in the car. Just hit pan and will repurchase soon.

on 5/6/2008 4:03:00 PM

Love it !!! Provides great coverage. Good price ($25) .. would repurchase!