MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 6/4/2008 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i really love this product. When i 1st used it I hated it but after a few days it started to love it. A lot of people say that MAC is only for like photo shoot make up, and that's why i hated it at 1st , i thought it was to rich for my skin, making me break out. But i guess my skin got used of it, no more break outs. This foundation has great staying power, but i do have to touch up a few times during the day. I don't have to use concealer with it, covers my dark circles. GREAT GREAT GREAT FOUNDATION!!!

I've never used MAC before, so this is from a very fresh perspective. I was slightly put off by the smell of the foundation prior to application but was very suprised to see the outcome of the product on my face. I usually get dry spots when i wear powders & sometimes, foundation, even my current HG foundation (Teint Innocence by Chanel) can get me a bit dry on a bad day but this glides on smoothly onto my skin, creating a velvety finish and gave me medium coverage. I feel a bit made up however and do not really like the feeling of having makeup on my skin. Chanel Teint Innocence does not give me that feeling. I will carry on using this though, especially on days when I feel like my skin needs a bit of extra help, as this is actually quite good. If not for the smell and the feel on my skin, it could've been my new HG. I also don't really like the packaging though, its just a bit blah for me.

on 6/4/2008 2:58:00 PM

I don't understand all the big fuss over Mac.
Years ago i bought the whole bunch Mac makeup for my wedding. What a waste of money.
My sister and me wore for my wedding. She wanted to kill me and still years later she brings up. How i made her face look awful.
It gave us both dry flaky looking skin and it was in June. My sister has normal skin and not dry.
I also used body shop makeup too that day, and it sucked too.
To wrap it up i would never buy any Mac powders again.

on 6/4/2008 1:28:00 PM

This product was horrid to me finally figured out after a month of wearing this only on weekends it was the cause of some horrid breakouts. I would wear this on saturday and spend til the next thursday to get my face cleared up, I was so sad. This did initially go on perfectly and look flawless but there IS NO WAY that any initial look is worth the pain and embarassment of pimples. ALSO AS SOMEONE DID STATE THERE IS MINERAL OIL IN THIS POWDER to create the flawless look. So this is what was creating the breakouts as far as I am concerned the girl in the store just chuckled when I returned it. Oh yeah it causes it to sink into pores and can cause problems. WHAT??? Someone should put a warning on this product!! May be cause I have poor skin, but I thought this was ALL skin types :-(

on 6/4/2008 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I brush this over my liquid foundation . It gives me great coverage. I sponge it on dry when I am in a hurry and it also gives me good coverage. I love this product. It is gentle with GREAT coverage for us girls that don't have perfect skin.

MY HG!

I wear N4 and nothing covers quite like it! I do agree that you need to use a good moisturizer under it because it does highlight dry patches. I use it with a MAC powder brush (150, I think) and my early morning application lasts all day long. I feel confident when I wear this foundation, especially since I'm still sort of fighting adult acne (mostly red marks at this point).

on 6/2/2008 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So far MAC's Studio Fix C6 is the best color match i've had . I've tried other brands but I love the way MAC makes my skin look. The only down side to it is that i've heard it's not that great for your skin....

on 6/1/2008 1:46:00 PM

i just got this yesterday, and i LOVE it! but like all the other ladies have said, it must must must be put on with a good brush, i use my Bare Esent. kabuki brush, and that makes it look flawless and not cakey at all! i used the sponge it came with just to see the difference and it was horrible and cakey lol................anyways, it covers greatly and looks great! i think i may even like it better than Bare Esent..............UPDATEEEEEE! it was hot as heck today and usually throughout the day when i dont reapply my bare esentuals my face looks sweat and oily, but today wearing my new MAC i didnt get the shiny look at all, it lasted throughout the whole 8 hour day w/out touch-ups! this is def #1 makeup out there! GET IT LADIES! NOW...GO! haha :)

on 6/1/2008 3:07:00 AM

I really do love this powder. It keeps me matte, which I love. I will say that I don't use it as my primary foundation though, because it kind of highlights my dry patches if I have any. This problem is solved if you apply it with a brush and not the sponge applicator though. I have this in my summer color and my winter color and I love them both. Great coverage for a powder foundation, and perfect for the final dusting over my t-zone if I use with another foundation (Bare Escentuals).

on 5/30/2008 7:06:00 PM

I just love this product,great coverage and looks fantastic.Easy to apply with a good kabuki brush.It gives good coverage,it is my foundation for my lazy or late days as it is easy to apply.

Video Reviews & Tutorials