MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

I'm an NC20 in the winter, and an NW20 in the summer, with my NW20 skin right now i was matched up with C2 and its perfect!

I have combo acne-prone skin and this product does not accentuate my flakes. It offers great build able coverage and has a matte but natural, not cakey (depending on application) finish. The best way i've found to apply this is with a 182 or a not-too-dense powder brush (like the 150) and then buffing it even more.

I'll update in a week or two more on how this product is working for me, and if i break out.

But as of now i adore this!

UPDATE: It hasn't broken me out, but i've noticed it kind of 'sits' on your skin. Something i find myself picking up when i feel like a powder foundation though or just a bit of coverage.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great powder if your looking for moderate coverage and a bit of matteness (if thats a word) I love applying with my Everyday Minerals flat top Kabuki for a fuller coverage. Its great on days when i don't have a lot of time. Worth mentioning is that this foundation comes in neutral shades which i love, being an odd mix of nc/nw 20 its great to have something that just right! I can see a dip in mine already and i will be buying again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product was great on the coverage, but the colors are horrible for me. I've brought this 3 times and each time I end up throwing it out....I thought I was just applying it wrong. I usually used that puff, but I tried a powder brush and no luck. I'm sure this is great for some. That's what made me go back, but this is way to ashy/cakey for my DDD NC43/NC45 skin. So I'm still looking.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Okay first of all, all you ladies who "break out" because of this product is using it completely wrong! Heres the scoop, Tip # 1 when you purchase this make up, please buy a powder foundation brush, DO NOT USE THE SPONGE. The sponge will absorb all your oils on your face and reapply them into the compact. Have you ever noticed those little dark spots that sometimes show up on the powder? Well, those are oil spots and there is so much oil in that compact now that it has gone all the way to the bottom and has risen to the top. And guess what, that oil is nothing but germs and bacteria for your face. Tip #2 Once you see a single dark spot on your compact throw it away! That compact is a gonner and if you continue to use it, evidently you will break out because guess what, you are reapplying all that oil that the sponge had absored for like days even weeks! If you have oily skin, well I'm sorry to say but even though you use a powder, your skin will not be dry all day long. You are bound to have oily skin because duh you HAVE oily skin. Tip #3 Purchase mineral translucent powder and apply it when your face gets oily. Works like a charm and does not look cakey and don't forget to use the powder brush. Last but not lease Tip #4 Wash your face every night! We can all get lazy sometimes. Especially after clubbing but you must, I repeat you must wash your face before you go to sleep. Those pores open up at night and all that makeup goes in and will cause a huge mountain of a zit in the morning.
Looking good does take money and time. Follow my steps and you are on your way to a more flawless, healthier face. Good luck!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Studio fix is great for oily skin and the NC 30 is a great match for my skin, except in the summer. I avoid using it because it feels so heavy and my pores feels clogged....But overall, a great foundation. Great color choice, good coverage, and has good lasting power.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I have ever used, and I've tried many. The only set back is that its too heavy for hot, humid weather. Otherwise, I love it. It covers every imperfection, and if you don't use too much, it'll make your skin look flawless. It also does not dry out your skin. M.A.C. also has an endless number of colors for you to choose from, so there's no reason for you not to find a close match. During the summer I put this foundation away, since it melts off. For every other season, I use it as an everyday foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I was really disappointed with Studio Fix. At first, it seemed just fine: it seemed to blend nicely and provide a smooth surface to my skin. But as it turned out, this effect only lasted a few hours after which my skin was very oily and shiny (this rarely happens). In the daylight it looks and feels like a mask no matter how thinly and carefully I try to apply it. Furthermore, in the daylight I noticed that the lightest shade NW15 is actually too light for me, and this almost never happens to me! So all in all, I'm not a fan.

I love this powder for evryday wear. It sets my makeup wonderfully and blends really well.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wear Studio Fix every day. I can put it on over Studio Fix fluid or any other foundation and it never seems to break me out. People often forget how to use this product. It is best applied with a brush, preferably the 187 or 188. Take ONE light swirl of the powder and apply in round circular motions all over the face. Trust me, you can add more if you need to. I highly recommend moisturizing and priming properly before use, and, every day/night, cleansing your face thoroughly but gently.

I started using this product long way before but I forgot about it and switched to something else. But then, I saw it again last year and bought it on a whim. Thank God I did because it is sooo totally worth it!! I bought the NC35 and everytime I put it on, I always get compliments on how smooth my face looks. I totally smoothens the look of my face and although I have to retouch (since my nose gets oily), the rest of my face doesn't. I also have an issue on makeup transfer but it is insignificant compared to the benefits that I have with wearing this fantastic product. In fact, I so love it that I always make sure that I have one back up powder in case I lose or go through the one I am using already.

Video Reviews & Tutorials