MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 5/6/2008 4:03:00 PM

Love it !!! Provides great coverage. Good price ($25) .. would repurchase!

on 5/5/2008 6:11:00 PM

Ive been using this product since like forever, and I really think is a classic. Ive noticed that almost every celebrity has it, and almost everybody I know. It covers everything since is a really heavy powder, the only cons I find in it is that if you have dry skin this powder is not going to be your best ally. Anyway, give it a try. Is worth it

on 5/5/2008 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For some reason, MAC products have always seemed to break me out horribly when it comes to the face, especially the Studio Fix collection. I never break out, and my skin is pretty clear for the most part, but as soon as I started to wear this, I got these nasty pimples all over my face which would really hurt, and my skin wherever the makeup was, would itch. Very uncomfortable. However, I can't judge a product on how it reacts with my skin since everyone happens to be different. All around, Studio Fix is a classic. It isn't too expensive for a foundation, and it does give you a lovely, matte finish when you use it. It covers nearly everything but the staying power isn't very nice. It does transfer. The packaging is my favorite, though. It is so cute, and very good for anyone to stick in their bags. But beware, after avid use the compact gets a bit loose, which means that the product may open and cause your handbag to become a disaster. Overall, Studio Fix is a nice foundation if you don't plan on wearing it everyday (wash it off as soon as you're done with your day, NEVER sleep in it) since it offers such great coverage, but if you're sensitive like me, it's best to stay away from MAC face products and try something lighter. MAC is more for theatrical purposes, I think.. Or people working on camera. It is very heavy and isn't what to try if you like your skin looking like it doesn't have any makeup on.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first it was great, but a bit too matte for me. After a while, I broke out as it really clogs pores!

THIS PRODUCT IS AWESOME!! when I first went to my MAC store i need a foundation that will absorb the oil on my skin, have a natural look and doesnt brake out my skin. wlel i got it in this product. its silky smooth and it a portable compact in which I like. it doesnt make my acne blemishes cakey and cause breakputs also this foundation evens my skin and blends beautifly with neck so i dont get that "Mask" look. also it didnt run off my face in the middle of day lother foundations. this foundation works well with MAC's Select Cover Up concealer. Also since I'm fair skinned(in studio fix my fountiaon color is C3) i dont look like dead or a ghost. ablsolutely will i be buying this again when I run out :D

on 5/4/2008 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Word on the street is that MAC foundations tend to break their users out. Not in my case, thankfully. This has been my foundation for almost six years now and I've attempted to stray from this product like a good boyfriend, I always come back running to it after a bad relationship with another product. I've tried liquids, creams, sticks, water-activated, and even tinted moisturizers and this one is certainly at the top of my list. And to my astonishment, my skin hasn't broken out because of this product's usage even with my hypersensitive facial region, this has managed to be friendly enough to create a pact with it.

This is highly recommended for people with oily to oily combination skin. Those who have fairly dry to very dry skin may want to stray from this as it may accentuate flakiness and dull patches in the skin. There has been one effect I do notice about this product is that when it sets, it will shift one half to one shade darker than when it is first applied because it mixes with the natural oils in the skin and is exposed to oxygen, therefore resulting in a tad bit darker pigment. For $25.00, this is completely reasonable considering the hundreds of uses I manage to get out of this compact and when you compare it to Laura Mercier's $40.00 powder foundation (also another great selection), Laura Mercier manufactures only half the size for almost double the price.

The texture is velvety and smooth so it easily adheres onto a sponge and buffed into the skin but it looks quite better when applied with a large round powder brush and buffed in circular motions. This may get a bit oily mid day or after a few hours of use but that's nothing a blot film/tissue or translucent powder can't fix. This is the only powder foundation that molds into my skin that actually looks like skin because of the variety of color selections and the even applications it delivers. Until I find anything better than this MAC foundation, MAC will be seeing me at their counters for quite a while.

on 5/4/2008 4:28:00 AM

I love this product! It works as a concealer, powder and foundation all in one-it's all i ever use on my skin. I have fairly normal skin and i'm young so no wrinkles, but whenever i get a pimple it covers it brilliantly. It's not cakey unless you put too much on or put it on badly. It also blends well with your skin - i never use it all over my face, just in problem areas. Warning though- don't drop it, the powder will break into pieces. I dropped my handbag when my studio fix was in it and it was a total disaster-powder all over my handbag and the powder was all broken.

on 5/3/2008 7:41:00 AM

in my opinion this powder was just pretty much a ohkayish powder because its gives not amazing coverage but somewhat coverage like yu can tell that im actually wearing powder, super not natural. its not cakey. its makes yur skin feel smooth, not look smooth. and for example if yu had a mole on yur face or a giant ugly freckle and yu JUST wear it it will make that freckle/mole powdery ya kno? it does a pretty good job at staying there(:

i didn't think my money here was a waste for 20 something dollars , cos its good in a way and by in the ways i wanted it to be. so overall its goood powder if yu have nothing to cover but only uneven skintone or just TINY TINY freckles(: and another good thing is if yu have VERY VERY VERY dried skin in some areas most powders will make it appear MORE dry and cakey, and this one will not so its just not natural and super powdery but other than that its good(:

EDIT: >.>" broke me out, i started using it EVERY day since my select sheer (the only powder that gives a flawless, not cakey, powder that does't break me out) not like OMG crazy breakout, but i did get 3 pimples in total here and there on my face after each use, i stop sometimes. but idk >.>" maybe its just me?(:

on 5/1/2008 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I heart Studio Fix! It is a great powder foundation with a matte finish. It covers pores and redness better than other products I have tried. The portability is another thing I really enjoy about this product. I think it's a terrifc product and although a lot of users have reported a drying effect or "cake" like appearance, I think application has a lot to do with this product. A little truly goes a long way! If I'm looking for a glowy, dewy look, I'm not going to use this product. If I want a polished, matte look with a delicate patina, this one gets a thumbs up... way up! Any powder foundation most likely will not be suitable for drier skin types (even the mineral powders that promise otherwise)... so if you are extremely dry, do stay away from this product. But if you have normal to oily skin, try it! Absorbs oils and lasts through the day beautifully!

on 4/27/2008 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is kind of cakey and powdery, but I think that's the point. It evens out skin tone beautifully. It is not good for day-time all-over coverage. It is good for photos and night-time.

I use this with the sponge it came with mainly to reduce redness under my nose. I also use it under-eye when I am too lazy to use a liquid concealer, but it magnifies wrinkles more than liquid concealer does.