MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

I really did love MAC when I used it. However I have totally converted to MMU. Studio Fix really concealed my blemishes. The compact is really cute, but I suggest not usually the sponge! It gets really dirty and can transfer oil on your foundation!

on 6/14/2008 6:20:00 PM

this is probably the best foundation i have ever used, but i am not a foundation person and therefore don't really use it much. it does a great job at covering up your flaws, but since i have oily skin, this tends to make my face feel a little oiler. this might be a really good product for someone with dry/normal skin.

on 6/11/2008 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted this foundation to work for me since everyone raves about it!! But nope!! It makes me look orange and gave me severe acne!! I had to go to the dermatologist behind this foundation!! Yikes def. will not by again!!

01/04/10- Okay so i bought this again and i am on my second compact of it i am a nc35. I think i have my acne n control now i think i have to wear a oil free moisturizer underneath this product since it does tend to break me out, but have yet to find any other foundation that works and makes me look flawless due to my acne scars i need a full coverage foundation and this seems to do the trick!! I like that it is a powder form and it is not oily. Until i find my holy gril foundation i will continue to use this...

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

flawless on me I love it

on 6/9/2008 7:01:00 PM

For most reasons this is a great powder. It is unbelievebly quick and convient to use, you hardly need concealor... BUT, and of course with one lippie you had to know there was a 'but' coming... this really breaks me out. I use retin-a micro and bp lotion and exfoliate and moisturize and do everything to make my skin beauitful, to the point Im not even prone to breakouts anymore because I baby my skin so much, but this product still manages to break me out. Not worth the bad skin this causes. For recommendation- Dior forever, and Clinique's new powder makeup are both similiar except a bit less coverage. But both great powders that DONT break you out. Another note if this really doesnt irritated your skin- really really really take your time getting colour matched for this product. For every other MAC product and every other fdtn I am an NC20 or equivalent, however sometimes in MAC the nc20 cans look grey and weird, so I found my best match was actually N4 (in the summer when Im darker), might be lighter in winter).

on 6/9/2008 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING. When applied with a dense kabuki brush you can achieve a heavier coverage but when applied with a less dense powder brush a lighter coverage can be achieved. The packaging is oh so sleek and easy to put in your purse. When first applied it can look a bit cakey but on my SUPER OILY skin it actually gives a finish that is not too matte and slightly dewy. Overall great product because of the coverage, finish, packaging and the fact it will last forever!!! lol Definately will buy again. =)

on 6/9/2008 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Hello MUA Readers, this is my 1st review and I'm happy to be writing about one of my most favorite products. I have been using MAC Studio Fix on and off for 8 years. I experiemented with other lines (Clinique, Prescriptives, ZA New York) but I keep coming back to it because it is the best powder compact out there. (However, I was astonished that MAC considers this a foundation AND powder-- this is not enough coverage for both. This is the BEST POWDER I've ever used. In fact, I hate "powders" because they make me feel dry and flaky-- this won't because it has a slightly creamier texture). So that is the perspective I am basing this review on.
$25 US is "reasonable." I can't see spending more than that for a compact; anything less and I would have to question the quality of the product and its ingredients.
As far as packaging, I find it to be sleek and portable, and I like having the sponge applicator housed seperately from the product underneath, rather than next to it (that would be too bulky) like other companies have it.
I've been reading that many of you broke out when you used the product. I can understand why: when I started using this almost 8 years ago, I used to break out alot-- and that was because I didn't have a good skincare regime. I thought it was MAC's fault. I'm older now, am obsessed with having great skin, have great skincare products and I use it every day-- and Studio Fix doesn't make me break out anymore. My skin is nice; my Studio Fix evens out my complexion. (Ladies, please don't try to cover all your pimples/acne-- treat it first! You'll use less product, save more money in the longterm and be more satisfied with the way you look. This would be my advice to you regardless of any cosmetics line you choose)
I gave this product a "4" because I can never seem to find the perfect shade for me, but it comes the closest compared to other brands I've tried (except for ZA New York, which Longs has stopped carrying and I'm unable to find). I've tried NC35 and C4, and found those to be too dark for me. I think I stuck with those because I wanted to be darker than I normally am, because I can wear darker eyeshadows without it looking harsh (the contrast). Also, anything lighter gives me a yellowish or pinkish tinge. (I'm mixed: Vietnamese/White. Cosmetics companies don't make shades for people like me).
I can't say that people have told me this is great foundation/powder on me-- but I do get complimented alot. And that's the point, right: for people to think you're naturally pretty, not that you have great makeup. Who's wearing who here??

on 6/9/2008 4:37:00 AM

MAC Studio Fix has become my HG powder foundation. It has lots of shades to suit (almost) any skin color and the coverage is excellent. I use NC20.
My suggestion is: don't use the sponge because it'll tend to be heavy on your face. I use a mini kabuki brush when applying.
When I don't want full coverage, I use my NC20 Studio Fix as concealer (under eye, dark spots, darker face areas) because I have uneven skin tone.
IMO, it is a bit pricey, but it's a good investment. Will definitely repurchase.

on 6/8/2008 3:05:00 AM

I have very sensitive skin & I'm glad I didn't get the acne or itchiness. The coverage is super great. Covers redness & dark circles. I apply this on with a mineral powder brush (Posh). Spray fix + before and after so it doesn't look cakey.

on 6/5/2008 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

another favorite from Mac....this powder really works on me...my powder for almost 3yrs. Why i love this? because it makes me look flawless and it doesn't cake.

Video Reviews & Tutorials