November 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

This is sold as a powder foundation but I never use it alone. Its great for a powder to set foundation or for touch-ups throughout the day BUT doesn't offer enough coverage to wear by itself (unless you have awesome skin). Overall I really like it but I wouldn't call it a "foundation" like MAC does.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by helloxtina

I had this studio fix until I found great alternative powder.
Well, first of all, I must admit that this has good coverage.
but it doesn't keep up throughout the day.
after few hours, my skin looked dull and oily.
smells like plastic and the applicator is not so good quality either.
and when I had to touch up the makeup, I usually pat over the oily zones with this powder and it looked dull and cakey... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Buthaina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAC finally decided to break away from their standard coloring code and create a powder in my color. NC41. The color is sheer perfection.... NC40 was always a tad too light and NC42 was too dark and orange! This color is perfect! I have never used the Studio Fix long enough to expirience the breakouts that people suffer from when using this but i guess i will now either be one of the lucky ones who uses this for years without a blemish or breakout after a couple of uses.

Will definitly update in a couple of weeks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just tried this today for the first time. I was amazed at the coverage it gave me. I usually use liquid foundation and set it with powder. This covered up my dark circles and blemishes without me having to use concealer. Looked much smoother and flawless than liquid foundation. The downside was that it was a bit dry but I'll continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by zucca4

I've been using this for years, and it is by far my favorite choice for powder. The coverage is much stronger than a regular pressed powder, yet your skin feels much lighter and cleaner than if you used a foundation. It evens out my skin tone so well, and I also use it to spot conceal (you can use a brush, but on the go, my finger works fine too!). For occasions when I want more makeup, or for my makeup to last longer, I also put this over regular foundation to set my makeup and decrease shine. I don't leave home without it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by lysasellers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The worst powder foundation ever made. Its very thick and looks caked on. Its made for the acting stage, not for everyday wear. I'm a huge MAC fan and I love just about every product they have except for this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by tinysanchez

Just use it sparingly if you love your skin. That's all I'm gonna say.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2008 9:59:00 AM More reviews by djxsugax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am really liking this product. I was using Clarins MultiMatte but it has been discontinued so I tried MAC. I have super pale skin and was amazed that MAC had a shade that matches well with my skin. The price is also a bonus too compared to the $39 I was spending on Clarins. I get natural, even coverage with this product. Glad I found it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by dlsjbk2125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is just okay. I find that I frequently have to reapply it and i have normal skin but it tends to dry out my skin more then other powders I have used. I don't think it is worth the price but it works for now until I find something better!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by tmankoo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry/senstive skin and this powder foundation has over a number of years dried my skin out. It didn't irritate my skin though which is why I continued using it, but I cannot seem to find another foundation that suits my skin without irritating or drying it. I recently tried Prescriptives Custom Blend foundation and it irritated my skin too. I also tried MAC moistureblend but that looked too oily on my face, I would not have been able to go to work with such a shiny face..