April 25, 2014 | 925 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by afrochick39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I switched from the Studio Fix powder to this liquid because of SPF 15 and for better and longer coverage. These qualities worked very well, but for some reason this foundation clogged my pores and caused me to break out really bad, so my search for a foundation continues....*sigh*.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

It only took one nite of wearing this foundation to realize that it wasn't for me. I purchased it in NW20 cuz I had such a great match w/MAC's Select Tint in NW20, but hello orange!!! It did nothing to control shine and the worst part was the caking. It is just way too heavy for my taste, which is funny cuz I think Revlon's CS is on the heavy side but it blends beautifully. I used a primer and still no luck. I can't say that it made me break out cuz I only wore it for one nite, but I'm sure it would cuz most MAC face makeup (w/the exception of Select Tint) has broken me out. Unless you're looking for heavy coverage and feel, I would never rec this one. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by samanthaes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Originally I gave this a bad review, But then THe light hit me.. something wonderful happened, I spoke with a MAC MA and they explained to me that I was 1. Wearing the wrong color, and 2. That i would be better off applying an oil absorbing lotion to help as well.. Did it help.. YES!!! I now I have coverage I can count on.. I was using a warm shade which didn't cover correctly but when I went to NC25 I needed less foundation and looked better than ever.. I will not switch from this.. I look even covered and I find that as many times as I returned this product and they still helped me.. I WILLLLL go back...!! Try try and try again.

:::::: update::::::: after wearing this for a month, I broke out sooo bad i am on a terrible kick to fix it....:(.. will never repurchase.. this ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ayuhasida

despite it provide me a flawless and good coverage complexion.It breaks me out terribly.Never ever again use this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by batgirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since they reformulated the Amazing Lasting and Colorstay foundations to be much less opaque (if I needed less coverage I wouldn't buy 16 hour wear full coverage foundation!) I've started the dubious search for a foundation that would let me skip concealer and that wouldn't take 3 hours to apply in the morning.
This is the best I've found so far. I'm an NC15 (although my MAC sales assistant assuredly diagnosed me as an NC25- I looked like a terracotta flower pot)and I use an NC 20 to highlight. The only way to apply this and make it look anywhere near good or last is to use a damp sponge. Otherwise its a weird, smelly chalky mess. Stays alright. I use a blend of NARS loose powder and Cornsilk, and some light bronzer to give me a little glow. It looks okay. I've gotten a few compliments about my hair(which I've not changed) making my complexion look nice, while wearing it. Maybe hte longer I use it the more I will like it? I will hope.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by linergirl16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I have tried numerous foundations throughout my life. I liked Estee lauder Double Wear, but I think that after a while, my skin got used to it, and it did not look as good on me. Then I switched to Makeup For Ever and got the MatPlus, which I thought was the best foundation ever-until I tried MAC studio fix fluid. I love this foundation!! What I also like is that you don't get drug store brand, but you don't pay a fortune either, unlike Makeup For Ever and Chanel-which sucked btw! The only reason I didn't give it 5 lipsticks, and I gave 4 is that even though it stays on pretty long, it does rub off sometimes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Geewhiz02

edit- okay i take that back. i would give this a 3.5. it was alright at first, but then it just started feeling cakey and it would sweat off my face. wouldnt last long and just felt yeckkkk. Overall, it was better than many drugstore foundations ive tried, better than studio tech, But just wasnt perfect. And im searching for the PERFECT foundation. sooo... i just bought giorgio armani luminous silk today so ima try that. (=<3

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by jusslike_honee09

Well i have acne prone skin and i'v been searching for YEARS for a foundation that would match my skin tone + give me really good coverage. While most foundations can make you look caky and dissapear by the end of the day , studio fix liqiud foundation gives the right coverage without the caky look and it stays on all day!
even in outside light it looks really naturally but i would strongly suggest investing in a foundation brush it really makes a differencee!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by lindsaylew1986

My search for a great foundation has ended. i am in LOVE with studio fix fluid. It makes my skin look flawless. Now i dont need much coverage and i rarely get pimples..I'm talking like one every 4 months...but I love this foundation. Its a big on the heavier side..and at first it can look a bit heavy but after i dust off with a light loose powder and give it about 30 min it looks perfect. it dries fairly quickly but you can layer it. you only need a light layer though...its pretty heavy duty stuff. hasnt broken me out....great color selection...great coverage..love it. My skin looks flawless in pictures also when i wear this foundation...i can tell a huge difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2007 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lvn4jesus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very scared to try this. I have acne prone and very oily skin and I am still trying to fade scars left by past breakouts due to other foundation nightmares. I have the complexion of Oprah and trying to find foundation that won't break me out AND match my skin tone was a nightmare. I tried Mary Kay, Revlon colorstay, prescriptives, Clinique, and others I can't even remember. I had tried Studio Tech and that left me with the worst acne! It wasn't that bad after I had my daughter! I stayed away from MAC. Then someone on MUA suggested Studio Fix fluid. I was on vacation in the midwest at the time (during a heatwave no less) and walked into a MAC store. The SA was very kind in helping me match the right color and gave me samples. A couple of things I noticed right away:
1. Even in the 100 + degree heat, my makeup didn't slide off my face. Yes, I did sweat, but when I got into an air conditioned place, my face still looked decent. My best friend even noticed how nice my face looked(and you know men hardly notice anything). No excessive shine from this product, at least for me.
2. My face didn't feel cakey or heavy from this foundation.
3. The color match was amazing. I didn't have to blend for hours to make it look natural. Just a few good, strong strokes worked the makeup in really nice.
After I set the foundation with MAC blot powder in deep dark, my look was complete. I am very happy with this product and best of all, NO BREAKOUTS.
***EDIT***
Unfortunately, this made my face break out. I switched to Flori Roberts Hydrophillic liquid foundation and I love it. This makeup line for women of color has the same, if not more, color foundation selections as MAC.