July 22, 2014 | 2527 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by elizasimp

I've tried a ton of foundations and really like this one. I have sensitive skin and this one, even with the pressed power over it, did not break me out. NC15 matches my skintone perfectly. I think the coverage is a little heavy for me, so I use a sponge applicator to dab it on and then blend. I found that by late afternoon, the foundation has a tendency to settle into the pores, so I bought the MAC primer and it seems to work pretty well. A light dusting with MAC pressed powder keeps it lasting all day without looking matte or heavy.
UPDATE: Did they change the consistancy??? I switched to NW15 this summer and I swear it is more oily! I have to thoroughly wash my hands with soap to get the foundation off after applying it to my face - it's like trying to scrub off grease! No wonder I've been noticing little zits after washing my face at the end of the day... This is my 4th bottle of this product, but the only NW I've tried. Maybe the consistance is different than NC, or maybe I just got a bad bottle? Second, the NW15 is disappointingly orange. After getting some sun this summer, the NC15 was not matching anymore so the MA suggested I try the NW15, which may have more color, but won't work unless you're a fair-skinned orange. Third, I have discovered that this is definitely not an all-weather foundation. After wearing this all day during our first hot days this year, I realized it wears very patchy with any sweating or humidity. This fact was especially evident, since the color does not match my skin tone. It was difficult to ignore the cakey orange mask that covered only my cheeks and the bridge of my nose!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by laurentothemax

For the past 6-8 months my skin has been looking pretty bad. The other night I sat there and racked my brain, thinking about what i've been doing differently. Then one thing occurred to me: I stopped using this foundation. For the past half year or so i've been buying chanel powder, and this other fancy schmancy stuff that is not oil free. Big, duh. So yesterday I went to MAC and repurchased this stuff. I like this a lot better than the powder studio fix. Powder foundations make me look like amadeus. This stuff doesn't necessarily make my skin any better, it just doesn't make it any worse. Plus, it does a better job covering up what is wrong. Its oil-free and also has an spf of 15. I can't ask for much more. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by barook84

i have oily/acne prone skin and have to say that this is, so far, the only foundation that i have found that doesn't make me break out or leave me oily. HOWEVER, i find that it does not cover my redness well. is there any hope of finding a foundation that covers and doesn't create an oil slick???

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Why did I waste my money buying this?? It definately taught me a lesson to just stick with what I know works for me. I'm a mineral person, and I've been wearing BE for years, I wanted a change, so I heard good things about Studio Fix, so I figured I'd try it. I thought I wanted and needed full coverage, but this was too much?? The color match for me was NW20. I put it on in the morning after moisturizer, and it started burning my eyes, and my face. It dried up my face, and broke me out almost instantly. It didn't cover my acne bumps at all, but brought them out more, and the color was sooo off once I left the house.. it was EMBARASSING. I felt like everyone was staring at my face the whole day, and it was constantly burning. I wish I hadn't thrown my receipt & the package away, I was just so convinced that I wouldn't need to return it. Oh yeah,,, and after I washed it off my face, it made me skin look sooo bad. Underneathe my eyes got extremely red. It was just a horrible experience, and now I'm broke & can't afford my BE, which I miss so much after that. I don't think I'll ever use liquid foundation again. gross.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by d0sam1

When i first purchased this product i was thrilled to put it on but it wasn't anything i expected it to be..knowing that was a medium to full coverage foundation i thought it would cover most of my acne scars and blemishes but it only hid my skin discoloration...another thing is that even when i set it with a powder, it doesnt last all day, something im definitely looking for. this product isnt anything special.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by tinamarie4685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVED the way this product looks on my skin....... I am very oily, and apply my blotting powder over it as needed yet still get shiney. Anyways -- I tried the NW35 during the summer when I was really tan... now it's winter and I am pale, so I tried the NW25/NW30 and it broke me out sooo bad! Not only on my face, but on my neck and chest too (it's like I had an allergic reaction or something?!) .. Maybe the lighter colors have different ingredients in it?? I was fine with the NW35 over the summer and each time I use the more pale colors I break out and itch so bad :(

Still continuing my mission to find a good foundation for my oily, acne-prone sensative skin!! Wish me luck...........

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by racheroonie

This is a decent foundation. It's really not bad. I still haven't found anything that i was like OMG about, but maybe they'll never be one. One thing about this foundation is, it does have a burning feeling when you apply it *sometimes*. Another reviewer said the same thing so it might be quite common. It might be an allergic reaction with the make up. Also, this make up dries out your skin. You can tell when you wash it off at the end of the day because I have to apply moisturizer. The key thing for me in a foundation is that it's oil-free and won't cause me to break out. It looks great when I apply it in the morning, then in 2 hours my oiliness starts kicking in and then it magnifies all my pores. Less is definitely more. That is the key to this foundation. Only use a little and blend blend blend. Sometimes I think I look better with just a little pressed powder because when you get oily and you have foundation on, it just does NOT look good. I love applying foundation though, especially with the 190 brush. I love the smell of the studio fix (I know I'm weird!) and I do have to say it does a excellent job concealing redness and pimples. It is definitely medium coverage. I am a NC30 or NC35 and right now I'm using NC35 and the color pretty much matches perfectly except it has a little bit of a yellow undertone that I don't like. I haven't broken out by using this yet so I'm happy about that. Ideally, you should set this with the studio fix powder, but for me it just feels cakey when I wear foundation AND powder. Always make sure the color you pick is right for you, because the lighting in the store is different from outside natural light. You might look a little orangey or darker than your natural skin tone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by brighid_karis

First, the main problem I had with this foundation: I bought it on a recent quest to find one that actually matched my skin tone. I had heard that MAC had pretty much the best color selection out there, so I headed straight to their counter, talked extensively with the eager salesgirl, tried a few shades, and ended up buying the NC15. I looked okay in the lighted mirror on the counter and walked confidently out into the parking lot, where I promptly checked the color match in my car mirror. Wow, was there a difference in natural light -- my face was at least two shades darker than my neck and the slightest bit orange-looking. So I marched back in and returned it. The salesgirl persuaded me to at least try on the NW15, but it was just more of the same. If you have very pale neutral skin, this is yet another cosmetic brand that fails to make a shade for you.
Now, for the rest of my review:
Coverage: Good, but no better than Revlon ColorStay or just about any other "full coverage" foundation out there. Take your pick. I've never found anything that actually covered my acne scars (real scars, not just post-acne red marks), and this was no different.
Finish: Naturally matte, not too cakey (at least when I applied it instead of letting the overly made-up counter girl do it), but still not uniquely so. I didn't find it to be any better than a decent drugstore brand.
Staying power: I actually neglected to wash my face that night, and when I woke up, the coverage and finish was just as good as when I'd put it on. Of course, this has also been true for drugstore long-wear foundations as well.
Overall, this is a pretty good foundation if you can find a color match. Remember that you should always leave the store and check the color match in sunlight before you buy. There's nothing terribly unique about this that warrants the high price, but it's nice to be able to try on makeup before you buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by misstammy

This my absolute HG foundation. I am on my 6th bottle of this. I have had no trouble w/ breakouts (knock on wood). It is so perfect for me. I was using BE prior to this and could not understand why my skin was always a mess, well I finally tried this when it first came out and I was very impressed w/ the coverage. My skin finally cleared up after my disaster w/ BE. Also the coloring is a tad darker , so whatever color you are in MAC I would suggest going w/ a shade lighter. I am really a NC 20, but had to go to an NC 15 because the color ran dark. My only big negative w/ this is the bottle. I do have a pump for it which definitely helps alot.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by meezteeh

I really like the finish that this product gives my combination skin, but it just breaks me out! I use it for 2 days then I just stop because I start to develop cystic acne and it takes 2 weeks to clear my face up. Really, really wanted to make it work because this is the only foundation that doesn't give me a ghost face in photographs. I probably won't buy again, I'm just waiting to finish my bottle which will probably last me a lifetime since I only use it twice a year.