MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i'm not sure if i love or hate this foundation. i get a lot of compliments when i'm wearing this and i like that it glides easily on my moisturized skin. also, while the color isn't yellow enough for me (it's more orange than yellow), at least it's less peachy than the other foundations i've used so far. but just when i thought i'd found my HG foundation, i developed small bumps from using this! not pimples, but like itchy small red bumps. as if that's not enough to annoy me, i've also noticed that its lasting power pales in comparison to that of my other liquid foundations (namely, estee lauder double wear and make up for ever mat velvet +). it starts melting after 5 hours or so and smudges off on my oil papers when i blot. ew! oil control isn't so good either! in fact it's the worst of all foundations i've tried, and--this is what bothers me the most--the only foundation that doesn't work with my clinique pore minimizer instant perfector which i love! argh!

I bought this foundation on June i believe and at first it was amazing, the coverage was great, and everything, but as i started to use it more and in the longrun after 4 months of progressivly using the product, it made my skin break out like i have never seen it before, yea i would ususally get like 1 or 2 ocasionally but this made it so bad i had to spend over 300 USD on an acne regimen prescribed by my dermatologist, if you are acne prone watch out witht his foundation it has an ingridient in it that causes breakouts, i was so disappointed in this foundation specially because it was M.A.C, now i just use prescriptives, it has not broken me out yet the covereage is amazing.

I've been on the hunt for a great foundation ever since Lancome discontined my Adaptive (why does this company discontinue everything that's good?! ie: Intencils, Maqui-Libre, etc). Anyway, I am very picky about my foundation matching my skintone exactly, so I went to MAC b/c I know they have a very wide range of colors. NW20 is perfect for me. The texture is very nice, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask, it doesn't look heavy on & covers my imperfections/uneven skintone & it doesn't settle into my fine lines. I have a tendency to get a SLIGHT bit shiny in the t-zone area by mid-day w/this stuff & I don't like the bottle (I bought the pump, which, IMO should come w/it b/c this stuff isn't really cheap), but overall, I really like it A LOT & will definitely repurchase.

I like this foundation, but I don't think it offers enough coverage for me. I have acne scars and uneven pigmentation, and using it on its own isn't enough for me. The colour match is perfect (NC41), and staying power is good ( about 6-7 hours for me). I do have to blot after a few hours. It cost me £19, which I think is quite expensive but I'm willing to pay that. It comes in a nice, glass bottle but I wish a pump was included. Overall, it is a nice foundation, and I'm looking into getting a foundation brush (MAC 187, maybe?) for smoother coverage. I owuld recommend this to those who don't have completely awful skin like mine (which is pretty much everybody) :)

This is my HG foundation. NC30 was made for me! This foundation gives me excellent coverage without that cakeyness.. it can be a little drying sometimes, even with my combination skin, but that's nothing compared to some other foundations
the only comment i have to make about the pakaging is you need to get the little pump thing, ive been to mac stores where they've "misplaced" the lot of the buggers and there is sooooo much wastage if u dont use one!
For everyday, i put a pump of it with several quirts of water to make it easy to blend with my 187 brush. it goes on like a dream. of course i dont water it down if want better coverage.. i highly recommend this

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I usually read reviews on here before I go buy a product - this foundation had mixed reviews but overall the verdict was that it has good, full coverage from what I gathered. After having tried it for only 3 days, I'm absoutely gutted that this didn't work for me!

In three days this product has caused havoc with my skin. I have broken out really badly and this foundation does NOT cover ANY of them up!!! I find this product too runny, the consistency of it does not work with my skin. I have tried shaking the bottle to mix it up, tried it with different brushes, it just doesn't well at all! FYI I am NC 25 with combination acne prone skin. The colour of the foundation is fabulous though - I have yellow undertones so it has been nice to see a foundation blend in so nicely with my neck color!! But otherwise, this was an absoulte travesty for me.

Please don't buy this if you have sensitive acne prone skin like me, god only knows how long it's going to take to clear up after this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

After someone pointed out how dry my skin looked with Studio Fix in the powder formula I decided to try the liquid version. It did make my dry skin less noticeable and it covered me just fine. It also didn't break me which is a plus since I do have acne prone skin. The down side was my pores did get clogged from it. Because I've actually been using a different foundation for about a month now and I've noticed that my pores aren't so clogged. I guess you can say this is going to be special occasion foundation for now.

I think this foundation is alittle too matte i used the mineralize satin finish and it was alittle to shiny so i mixed the two and it looks awesome!!! also can anyone tell me what is better MAC or the Make Up forever HD

LOVE this product. I use to use Bare Minerals and MAC Studio Fix Powder on occasion but then my skin got really dry and the powder foundations make my skin look flaky. So after researching i went in and had a MA put some Studio Fix Fluid on and i was in love! It covers well where you want it to, its buildable, and it doesnt break me out or make my sensitive skin itch! Only thing that i could complain about is that there is no pump, but it def doesn't outweigh all the positives!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been really pleased with this foundation after having used almost a full bottle, and I think I will be repurchasing. I bought this when I was preparing to return to work after having a baby, and I was aiming for a more polished look than my quick-and-dirty routine while I was home with my daughter. This foundation really delivers. It covers well without being masklike, has a nice finish that is neither overly flat nor shiny, does not make my face oily, and has not aggravated my mild adult acne. I was glad to have purchased this in combination with my 187 brush, which is the perfect tool for application. (I can apply this with my fingers too, but the end result is not as nice. Applied with a regular foundation brush I find this product can look a bit heavy. So for me the 187 is essential for using this foundation.) After applying, I top off with a little Select Sheer loose powder to set and to give a satiny finish to my skin, and I look polished without appearing overly made-up. The price is very reasonable in comparison to high-end foundations that run $40-50+, and I am pleased that this foundation provides some sun protection.

A word about color matching.. I first tried this foundation in NC20, which was way too dark for my skin even though NC20 is about right for me in Studio Fix powder. NC15 was a much better match, though I still use a darker shade of powder to balance the tone. I have heard elsewhere that Studio Fix Fluid shades are wacky, so don't assume that the shade that works for you in one MAC foundation will necessarily translate to your shade in SFF. Aside from that caveat I have no complaints or misgivings about this product. Do yourself a favor and try it out! continued >>