MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 9/7/2008 8:40:00 PM

My HG foundation. It covers EVERYTHING.. i love it!! It provides such a flawless finish!

on 9/5/2008 8:02:00 AM

Studio Fix Fluid is my favorite summertime foundation. I love the coverage it gives. I only use a small amount of it as a little goes a long way. It stays on all day no matter the heat or humidity IME. I have combination skin with my chin being oilier than the rest of my face. I also have some redness and this takes care of both problems. I apply it with a foundation brush and then take MAC's 187 and spritz it with Fix+ and buff the foundation in circular motions. It leaves a gorgeous, almost airbrushed finish. Then I usually apply pressed powder over it. My only complaint about it is that I can't wear it year round because MAC doesn't make a shade I can wear if I'm not tan. During the summer I wear NW20, but the rest of the year I have to find something else because the shades are either much too dark, or they turn orange on me. I also think a pump would be beneficial because it is difficult to get foundation out of the bottle in a sanitary way and without making a mess of the bottle opening.

This is my favorite foundation! I usually just spot conceal and then use mineralized powder over, but adding this into routine makes my face look flawless. Its supposed to be a medium to full coverage but when you use the stippling brush you can control the application to make it as sheer or full as you want. It keeps my face very matt which I love!!

I also thought this was going to make me break out, but it was from the face wash I was using all along!

on 9/2/2008 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of my favorite foundations, it is alittle heavy but you have bulid it up so that you wont get a cakey look . when it comes to coverage its full coverage , it covers everything acne scars ,pimples , ect . I have oily skin, it doesnt really control my oil but it doesnt make it worse either . I also have acne prone skin , it does not break me out but if i do wear it everyday it will give me a pimple simple because my skin gets clogged easliy . overrall this product is a must have . Out of all the foundations out there every girl who loves foundation , MUST have this one !!!

If I were to use this foundation as is, it would be a little drying and too full of coverage (I try not to fully depend on makeup). So, instead of boycotting this slightly pricey $31CAD foundation I mix it with my moisturizer and I get a much better foundation! I love that it has SPF that I'm NOT allergic to (finding SPF I'm not allergic to is a huge pain), I can build coverage to my liking, and it also lasts forever - even on humid, sweaty summer days.
My skin is ridiculously combination, meaning at one end of the spectrum, my t-zone is constantly slick and oily. On the other end, around my mouth and nose is constantly dry and flaky. This foundation doesn't solve any of these problems but over the years I've found ways to work around it to give foundation a fairly normal canvas and to keep it looking that way, so don't except it to keep oilies and/or flakies subdued.
Overall, this is a bit more than mediocre. It works for me, and I like it but I can't really bring myself to rave for it, especially since I have to put in the work of mixing in moisturizer to get it more sheer/moisturizing/dewy. Even so, I would probably end up buying again, which wouldn't be anytime soon because you only need a little bit each use!

on 9/1/2008 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just got back from the mall with this stuff. I read some of the other reviews before purchasing, and I was pretty wary of the SA suggesting the wrong shade for me. But she sat me down and immediately went for the NC30, and from what I can see it perfectly matches my skin. It makes my not-very-flawless skin look pretty close to perfect. I didn't get the pump but didn't have much of a problem with pouring it out of the bottle, who knows.
Of course, I JUST got this so there's still some room for something to go wrong. But I'll update if something does. I really hope this won't make me break out like it did some other people - my skin looks amazing!

It doesn't agree with my skin, though the makeup effect is really good.
It seriously clogs my pores, I still have maybe half a bottle, but I am not going to use it anymore.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I bought this foundation because MAC has so many different colors and I was tired of having to mix foundations to get a perfect shade. I use this in NC44 and matches my skin perfectly. I try not to use a lot but it does tend to spill out of the bottle and a lot of it gets wasted. They should make a pump version of it. It covers all imperfections. I dont even need to use condealer. It pretty much lasts all day and I touch up with the MAC pressed powder. So far I'm still on the first bottle. Have been using it for about 4 months almost daily and I bought a 2nd just in case I run out anytime soon.

on 8/30/2008 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Overall, I like this foundation. I am lucky and have never really had problems with breaking out and dont with this product either. It is all about the application. I use sparingly so it doesnt look so masky. It evens out my tone nicely and blends great.

on 8/28/2008 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

oh no i really wanted to like this foundation but sadly it is not meant to be. i absolutely love how good my skin looks using this and the fact that it is spf 15 is an added bonus but there are two reasons why this lovely foundation and i cannot remain friends! firstly, i bought this in nc30 as thats what most of my foundation, powder, concealer etc are from mac but this makes me look like homer simpson when i first put it on, there are severe and i mean severe yellow tones to this but after a while it mealts in and it looks great so i wont hold that against it. the only reason why i cant use this is THIS BROKE ME OUT!!! i didnt realise that was what was doing it untill i remembered every time i use this ,the next day my skin looks terrible absolutely terrible and i hardly ever have a reaction to products so i was very surprised by this. this is a gorgeous foundation and if mac sort out their formula and their extreme yellow i would definitely repurchase but for now it sits at the back of my makeup drawer :(