November 29, 2014 | 945 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by binker123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this in June or July from Sephora; I'd been a big fan of the fragrances of Philosophy's body washes as well as Falling in Love, but the body washes hadn't been terribly kind to my sensitive skin so I wasn't expecting much from Purity Made Simple. Boy was I surprised!
I'd heard that the smell wasn't great but frankly I like it; reminds me a little bit, oddly, of carrots, and in any event it isn't overpowering. The consistency did take some getting used to as I'd never used a really non-lathering cleanser before (though you can make Purity lather if you use a lot/make sure your face is really wet). I love the way it gets my face really clean without irritating it; a couple of weeks ago I had a bout of somewhat painful acne, and decided to switch to Aveeno's Positively Radiant cleanser. After about a weeks' use my face was dried out and looked worse than it had before, so I went back to Purity and my face thanked me for it. (I have no idea what caused that odd, post-adolescent acne, but here's hoping it'll leave and not return!)
Bottom line: Purity Made Simple is my absolute Holy Grail facial cleanser; I've used it consistently for about 9 months now and I don't stick to ANYTHING that long. Cleans without overdrying, and leaves my face soft. It is expensive, but not ridiculously so; I'm a college student and I can afford it - the smaller bottles last for months, and the big one, which my grandmother got me for Christmas, should last me for at least a year.
I can't recommend this stuff highly enough; when I 'cheat' on it, I actually feel guilty. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2005 4:37:00 PM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff..takes off everything except waterproof mascara..no surprise as I think very few cleansers do..

What I like about this stuff is that if I am too tired to put on a moisteriser at night I dont wake up with super dry skin...

The price is offset by the fact you only have to use a tiny bit..

When my two small bottles are empty {I keep one on the sink and the other in the shower} I am going to order the super big bottle from QVC..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2005 12:55:00 PM More reviews by devshotmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. It takes off all my makeup and grime without burning my eyes. My skin has had no breakouts since I started using this. When nordies had its sale last summer, I bought the special edition 32oz pump for $40.00. I still haven't used half of it. This is well worth the money and is my HG cleanser...YAH!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 2:56:00 PM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a refreshing cleanser that is effective and gentle. It has a bright citrus-lemon scent and it removes all traces of foundation, eyeshadow and non-waterproof mascara. It is a luxurious cleanser without being creamy or heavy. The scent took a while for me to get used to, but I am quite fond of this cleanser. It does what it promises – it removes all dirt, oil and impurites but it is not a "treatment" cleanser for acne or any kind of skin condition. . I alternate it with Fresh’s Soy Makeup Remover and Cleanser but I would certainly repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2005 12:44:00 PM More reviews by baby_x3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Purity Made Simple is definately the BEST facewash I've used to remove my makeup. I would not recommend this as a facewash to treat acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2005 3:07:00 PM More reviews by AndiSue1970

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a small try me kit from QVC. I did not like it at all. It was runny and did not produce any kind of bubbles or lather. I have sensitive skin and it irritated it and made it red. It did take off my make-up and any surface dirt. Buy Cetaphil cleanser, it's a whole lot cheaper and does the same thing with a lot less irratation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by beefjerky

Never have I washed my face with anything that left it soft and moisturized, while taking off every trace of makeup. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2005 12:10:00 PM More reviews by BeachGem

This is just an okay cleanser. I agree with other reviewers about the bottle not being the best. It doesn't really make me feel like I am getting my skin squeaky clean and I often need to use an eye makeup remover in addition.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2005 6:06:00 PM More reviews by pmawyer

Good cleanser. Takes off make-up and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. The bottle is bulky but workable. Lasts quite awhile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Supa

Great cleanser. Takes off everything a cleanser should take off without drying out skin. Not the best cleanser, but it does it's job well. The bottle is a little bulky (it's not squeezable), but the formula is thin enough so this isn't a big problem. I'd repurchase.