August 28, 2014 | 1027 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2005 10:08:00 AM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of the Radiant Skin in a Box kit and it seemed like a combo of cetaphil and Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Cream. I liked the texture but since I don't wear powder or foundation, I can't vouch for its makeup removal ability. It did seem to remove my mascara with no problems and left my skin feeling nice. However, I have sensitive, acne prone skin with rosacea (great!) on my chin so time will tell if this cleanser is the HG of cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2005 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ChrisOM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this product. Gentle but effective at removing makeup and dirt. Also leaves my face feeling soft and moist. A definite keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by TheLadyChanel

I wear Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation which is a "stay put" foundation. I love Purity Made Simple because it cleans off my makeup with only one application. It completely cleans all traces of makeup and oil. I have combination skin and this cleanser does not dry it out but somehow removes all my makeup. I try other cleansers every now and then, but always come back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by cinnhenke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am almost done with my first bottle and have just ordered my second bottle. I like the way my face feels clean when I use it. I also like the light clean sent.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by shedrake

I really like the lemony scent of it. This product claims to clean eye makeup and everything, but that wasn't my experience. I still had to use eye makeup remover to get the remnants. I got a small sample bottle(2 oz) from Sephora, and it has lasted longer than my old cleanser. Therefore, the price of $20 for an 8 oz bottle doesn't seem so bad considering that it might last longer than other cleansers. Also, I got the idea from Sephora to use it for cleaning out hand washable clothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2005 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hannah56

This is the first cleanser I've used that I actually love. I have sensitive combination skin and it balances me out perfectly -- I use it twice a day and my cheeks never feel dry and I no longer have the oiliness around my nose and chin that I used to get about halfway through the day. My skin feels better and I'm not the only one who notices that it looks better too. I'm on a limited budget when it comes to products but this is such an HG for me that it's worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2005 9:24:00 PM More reviews by grrrpirategirl

I love this cleanser, especially for winter skin. It's very gentle but leaves skin smooth and with no "moisturising" residue. For being so gentle it still amnages to just barelt astringe my pores and that's uncommon.

My only peeve, totally inconsequential to my judgement, is the Philosophy packaging. I like the look and simplicity but the actual stuff written is so unbearably cheesy and faux-serious I can hardly take it. It's like someone who thinks they are very profound writing greeting cards. Oh dear... Just too much!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by actress981

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, I think I may have commented on the product before, but I'm updating it (two years later). I used to swear by this product, but somewhere along the line, I switched. I always got compliments on my skin (I'm fair skinned with freckles but no blemishes, etc), and thought that, "Hey, I'm young, I have nice skin... I don't need to spend $20 for a cleanser!" For a couple of months, my skin still looked great. Then, it went south... WAY south. At first I attributed it to a new cream blush I was using as it seemed to be just blackheads on my cheeks. Then, it was a foundation... then, the LA smog (I'm from the east coast)... I finally attributed it to getting older- adult onset acne. I even had a make-up artist tell me I needed to "try ProActiv". I used three different cleansers. I started using a topical solution for the first time, which seemed to help, but I still had some breakouts. Then, finally I decided- you know what? I'm going to try Purity Made Simple again... it can't hurt. Well, I've been using it (and nothing else but moisturizer since)- and my skin is BACK!!! Healthy, black-head free, soft, luminous. The compliments have started again. I SWEAR by this stuff. It removes any make-up residue, your skin doesn't feel tight afterwards, and in my opinion (after trying everything else)- this is the best it gets.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2005 8:52:00 PM More reviews by dansgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been my staple cleanser for years now because it's gentle but removes all of my makeup including eye makeup with ease. The main reason I bought it all those years ago when it was called Real Purity (now called Purity Made Simple) was because I could scrub the makeup off of my eyes and it didn't burn. I will always remain faithful to this cleanser!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2005 5:34:00 PM More reviews by salamea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this. It smells medicinal, does not remove my makeup very well, and dries my skin out. Yuk!