Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 6/20/2005 10:46:00 AM

This is a great cleanser (not sure if I'm ready to say HG yet, but probably the best I've tried). I have combo skin that is easily irritated and prone to breakouts. This cleanser foams pretty well, cleaned off all makeup and didn't irritate my skin or make it feel too tight or dry. Highly recommended.

on 6/19/2005 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is totally my HG cleanser!

I'm not sure what the poster below me meant when she said it's like a lotion; this cleanser totally foams for me, no problem. I am a product 'ho and this is one of the only items that I have consistantly repurchased over and over again.

This is a creamy, soapy cleanser that dissolves all makeup including waterproof mascara and red lipstick. It makes my skin feel so clean without stripping it and causing that tight feeling. I love the scent...a light and clean botanical.

I buy this every year at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The huge pump bottle lasts me roughly the whole year and fits perfectly in my bathtub.

My only gripe about the packaging is the sappy crap they print on the outside of their products. Something about starting the day clean so I can beging to be who I truly am. *gag* Spare me.

continued >>

on 6/18/2005 12:25:00 AM

I have been using this for a few months, and I do like it, and will continue to repurchase, but I don't think it's the best cleanser out there. It is like a lotion - there's no foaming, no bubbles, no sudsing, nada, so that took awhile to get used to. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and it does a really good job of taking off my stubborn eye makeup with minimal stinging. I am also not offended by the smell, some cleansesrs are too fragrant, but this one is very mild. Not my HG cleanser, but I'll continue using it since my face is doing well with it for now. EDIT: I have repurchased and have been using this for over a year now, and it truly is a great cleanser. I stick by my claim that this does not suds up or lather, because it DOESN'T, but it takes off makeup so well, and dissolves oil wonderfully. I will keep using this unitl my skin decides to become irritated by it (which it does eventually with everything.)

on 6/16/2005 8:47:00 PM

This might be good for normal to dry skin but it is not good for oily/combination skin. My skin did not feel clean at all. Does not remove all of my makeup. I could feel a greasy residue and washed my face again with my regular cleanser to remove it. It has a mild fragrance that is a blend of rosewood, geranium and funk; I do not care for it.

on 6/14/2005 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

my skin looks really great...love it

on 6/14/2005 10:06:00 AM

My favorite cleanser I've tried! It's really the only one that takes off all the make-up, and dos'nt irritate sensitive or young skin. Really good for me. You only need a quarter size in your palm and it lathers up really nice. It lasted me for a long time.

on 6/12/2005 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product practically burnt my face off. It did absolutely nothing for my blackheads and acne. I like other Philosophy products better than this one. I wouldn't recommend if for anyone with troubled acne-prone skin. I would use somelike Md.Forte or something that really works.

on 6/10/2005 5:15:00 PM

Don't like the smell AT ALL but love the product. I have tried many cleaners and used to sell MaryKay & Beauticontrol and Avon - this is the best for my almost 50 aged face!

on 6/9/2005 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I try to find some cleansesr to replace my la mer cleansing jel 9 the green one ) i use shiseido for 10 years then i want to explore some new thing. for philosophy i use amazing grace line and love it then i try the purity at first i am so scare that it will break my face due to the smell and i have sensitive skin but after 1 week my skin still like before when i use la mer but i can save my $ for serum instead. the down point is only the package i always use too much of it because the package is look the same as my shower jel then in the morning i feel this is shower jel not facial wash. overall i think it is worst the price when i compare with la mer then i still now using it

on 6/7/2005 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser I have oily acne-prone skin in the summer and dry acne-prone skin in the winter.This works great all year, in the winter I do use a little Philosophy hope in a jar moist. In the summer I don't, It takes off all my makeup, does not strip the skin dry, just perfect!!!