Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

I desperately wanted to like this product. My skin needs some big-time help; since hitting 30 it's been more prone to breakouts and really uneven. So I bought some samples on EBay. I was even prepared to love it knowing that it didn't foam or lather like all of the cleansers I'm used to. Unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be. The pros: it is an excellent makeup remover, even for mascara, which it got rid of completely without stinging my eyes. The scent is kind of natural-medicinal, reminding me of Origins products, and I found it a refreshing change from perfumed and soapy-smelling cleansers. It did not leave me feeling dry or tight after washing, although the first week my skin seemed to be freaking out a little (bumpy and itchy) in response to it. That calmed down in week 2, but it just did nothing special for me. I didn't notice any reduction in the size of my pores or my overall skin appearance. My advice to anyone considering it is to try to get a hold of samples first, as it is definitely on the expensive side. I'm happy for those who love it, but still on the search for my HG for my combination skin.

this is a great cleanser. makes my skin feel really soft and is gentle enough for my sensitive skin but still cleans well. feels a tiny bit dry immediately after but moisturizer fixes that.

I love this product. It leaves my face absolutely make-up free! Love it! Definatley will repurchase!

I really like this product. It leaves your skin feeling soft without being drying. Will absolutely repurchase.

My sister stayed with me a for a week and she started using Purity. I wanted to try it so she brought me a sample. Because I was having such a difficult time removing my mascara using my Estee Lauder Make Up Remover, I heard that this cleanser would take off all my make up. It didn't work on the mascara and didn't make my skin feel clean. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I chose I'd buy it again because I liked using it on my make up brushes but I don't think I'll change from my Shiseido to this product.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

RIS and i must say that i LOVE this!! it really does "melt" ALL of my makeup without irritating or drying out my skin. it's so gentle that it doesn't burn if you get it in your eyes, which makes it that much greater. i use this at night and sometimes in the morning to "wake me up". highly recommend this product!!

OKAY cleanser. Works well and is effective,but just not a real deep clean feeling. I don't hate it, I don't love it. Just OKAY.

I used this for awhile and liked the way it made my skin feel, but one time I got it in my eye and OMG! My eye was red for days. :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been surprised and impressed by this product. I've recently been using several sample packets of this, but only here and there, during many days of heavy Retin-A use. I like this cleanser because it isn't too harsh, but seems to get the job done. I'm on the fence about actually buying a full size. I don't know how well this would cleanse my super oily skin as far as everyday use. I suspect Purity Made Simple would not do the trick for me during the summer, even with my twice a day Retin-A. I really don't know what to do about this now. I like it a lot. I don't want to shell out for a huge bottle only to have it occupy valuable bathroom property with me not being able to use it every day. I said yes that I would purchase, but the truth is, I haven't made up my mind.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use a very expensive facial cleanser that I simply won't give up because I heart it totally and completely. However, that facial cleanser doesn't remove eye makeup. So I use Purity as a pre-wash in the evening, and it's amazing how just a little bit of it melts away all of my makeup, totally and completely! I love the subtle and fresh botanical scent, as well. I don't like the way my skin feels after using it -- I don't get that "squeaky clean" feel that I need (psychologically, I guess) to know that my skin is clean, which is why I use it as a pre-wash, and then follow it with a tiny bit of the luxurious rich lather of the more expensive cleanser I use that gives my skin that squeaky clean feel. I love the price of this stuff, too. It's a way better deal than simply buying a makeup remover. Yes, I'll purchase again and again!