July 25, 2014 | 1519 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2004 3:51:00 AM More reviews by reginarn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this look of this foundation when I first apply. As the day goes on, it makes my skin look so dry and flaky. It does stay on all day, but it dries my skin so badly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2004 2:36:00 AM More reviews by busymama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

best foundation I have ever used. it's truly matte and opaque but the colors are so natural. it's the only foundation that will last and stay put all day and night. I have very oily skin. better than all of the new formulations that they keep coming out with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2004 10:36:00 PM More reviews by 1maris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. I tend to use colorstay natural or something less formal for everyday, but for work or going out this is my HG. Tried it in Bone at first but it is for very light skin. Linen is a nice yellow toned light/med/ color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2004 4:29:00 PM More reviews by kaycee8921

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. I have tried ALL high end brands... literally! If you have problem skin (like I do) this will stay on all day and cover everything! I get compliments on my complexion only when I wear this foundation... if they only knew what was underneath it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Ckrats

This is a good foundation that stays put (even on oily skin like mine) with great coverage. The colour match is ok, but tends to turn darker after a few hours. The reason I don't like it is that it is extremely difficult to wash off and you need to ensure you really takes your make up off very well to rid of all the traces. For someone like me, with tendency to get clogged pores and blemish prone, I find this a little worrying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2004 10:12:00 AM More reviews by AliDawn823

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far, my HG foundation. Stays all day, even though my very oily skin. Blends easily, at least on my face. The only thing is that it seems to turn a little darker right after I put it on but it still matches me skin fine (I wear Pebble). Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2004 10:05:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am VERY impressed w/ the staying power of this foundation!! I took a heavy nap and NOTHING had budged! It doesn't feel masky or look heavy. Terrific coverage. HG status (for now)
EDIT: After wearing this foundation for a while, I was breaking out in cystic acne, worse than usual. After doing a bit of research on MUA, I have found others who have the same complaint. Now that I have stopped using it, cysts are gone. That really sucks, because this foundation was awesome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2004 2:59:00 AM More reviews by protobiont

This is phenomenal! I have combination skin with a very OILY T-zone, very red and irritating looking cheeks. I've tried many of of EL's foundation (equalizer, so ingenious, and ideal matte) I love ideal matte and this (double wear). Ideal matte gives you a matte look while this one gives you a GLOWING and DEWY skin. It stayed on all day and makes your skin look so smooth!!! I also didn't think that it was that hard to remove it. I will recommend it to everybody who wants a flawless look. The colour "Linen" is very good at neutralizing the redness of your skin!

UPDATE: I really like the Double Wear. However, several problems have arisen. First, I always have little dry patches on my cheek and this foundation tends to settle in them. Second, it doesn't do well in natural light. So I'm going back to So Ingenious which blends in seamlessly and give a little more glow to the skin. Of course, I need to use a really good concealer with this since it has a sheer coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2004 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Maximum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG foundation. Use Linen. I mix it with Olay complete spf 30 moisturizer so it is gives a sheerer coverage. Beautiful foundation. Covers flaws and lasts all day. Don't even need a concealer with this and I have hereditary very dark circles.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cant believe it, but I am in love with this foundation!!!!!!! I am Asian w/yellow undertones, freckles and fair. Add dark undereye circles to the equation and you've got quite the chore ahead of you. I have this foundation in Linen and adore it. I apply Idealist before any other makeup so it may make the difference. One dollop for each section of my face (forehead, and each cheek) covers my whole face and once you set it with loose powder, this stuff *lasts*. Hint- no powder to set it and you get no staying power at all. I get pretty decent coverage with this stuff and I still have to blot a few times a day, but even with no makeup I have to do that so no loss there. Theres no real fragrance to it and no irritants so I'm in love. A couple things I've noticed about this stuff is that my eyebrows (I have to pencil in the shape- I have those wonderful sparse Asian eyebrow hairs) seem to go on smoother and even if I run my fingers across them, they dont smudge! My eyeshadow is also blending even easier since I've been using this! Beware tho- this will dry you up if you use it under your eyes unless you use waxy eye cream- I use Burts Bees eye cream which is basically like putting wax under your eyes but it's the perfect base for a foundation like this and the concealer. Its hell on earth trying to get this stuff off tho- I massage MD Forte III cleanser into my skin, let it sit for about 5 minutes to really penetrate the shield of makeup, then rinse, then go back with a warm wet washclothe and scrub, and *then* go back with Clinique's toner III to get all the last traces off my skin. No breakouts at all and since my skincare routine was already fairly lengthy I'm not really adding any steps- besides, I'm saving time in the mornings by not having to blend so much so it all evens out. This is my new HG foundation! **UPDATE 9/6/4** This broke me out in cysts all over- I traded it in for Lancome Adaptive in the shade Creme 02 and its much better.