Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 1/21/2007 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favourite lip balm - you can always count on me having at least 2 or three of these lying around. I keep one at my desk, one in my purse, and at least one extra somewhere else in my home. I've been using this for years - itís probably one of the few lip balms that have survived the severely cold winters, the hot summers, and all the temperatures and dates in between. I love it for its moisturizing ability. It has gotten to a point that I've gotten numerous people hooked on this product, and that those close to me actually know what I mean when I say "Can you pass me Burt?" - Instead of looking at me like I'm crazy or have some sort of tiny toy from Burt and Ernie hidden from childhood days. I don't think it gets better than this for the price - its not only amazing, but its vegetarian, not tested on animals, and it tingles with a minty feeling, leaving you feeling refreshed and lovely. Amazing!

on 1/21/2007 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I was told this woul dbe an extra potent version of the honey balm for the winter months. But it seems to dry me out. I like the smell and tingle. But it isn't worth it to have dry lips.

on 1/20/2007 9:46:00 PM

Burt's Bees lip balm actually makes my lips drier--this is probably due to the peppermint oil. The formula is hard, and the tin is unhygienic. Though I gave it to my sister, and she seems to like it.

on 1/20/2007 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love Burt's Bees lip balm (AKA "crack stick"...LOL)! I have one laying around just about everywhere; nightstand, car, purse, at work. It's light on the lips, leaves a delightful tingling sensation, and stays on for quite some time.

on 1/18/2007 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It used to be my staple, but it actually dries your lips out. The peppermint oil and rosemary extract are both astringent. Since I've started making my own I've seen how good lip balm can be and I'm never buying this again. Having said all that its definitely not the worst lip balm out there, especially if chapped lips are not your problem. Look for something without any astringent ingredients though. The honey version is better for your lips. No those aren't chunks of honey, its the shea butter which can get grainy during the heating/mixing part. The shea butter will melt as soon as it hits your lips.

on 1/17/2007 12:02:00 PM

I don't like the taste of Burt's Bees lip products. They taste like those little yellow pots of carmex lip stuff. I prefer softlips which also give you a tingy minty feeling but comes in much better favors such as french vanilla.

on 1/15/2007 5:01:00 PM

I love burts bees lip balm, i love how it makes my lips sting, and i liek the feel of not having anything on my lips. I can not stand the honey lip blam it is disgusting cuz it feels liek there is actual chunks of honey in it and it gets caked onthe side of my mouth...not fun! But anywasy I would defenatley reccommend buying a tube of this to try out! 5 stars.

on 1/14/2007 9:06:00 PM

Love this product. I use it constantly, it's a staple and it does wonders for my lips. Only downside is I can only use the stick formula, because I've bought the tins only to have them get stuck closed. :( But overall, this product is a must have.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have tried and like Burt's Bees Honey lip balm so since I love mint I thought I would give this version a try. I am completely addicted to lip balm and it really bothers me when I can't feel it on my lips (sad but true). I enjoyed the minty tingle of this lip balm but HATED the fact that no matter how much I applied my lips felt naked. In fact, they felt rather dry. There is no way I could finish a tube of this (it would drive me nuts) so I gave it to DH and he likes it. I think this lip balm would work well for guys (since they generally don't want that "lip balm-y" feeling anyway) or ladies who don't like the feel of most lip balms. This lip balm also has no glossiness which men would most likely appreciate. I gave Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm a "1" for my purposes but DH would probably give it a "4".

on 1/13/2007 10:05:00 PM

I applied this and loved the cool minty feelings on my lips. However the texture of this product is waxy and just sits on your lips, never getting absorbed. In the end all of the mintiness just dried my lips out more. This product is over hyped, you are better off sticking to plain old vaseline before shelling out money for this crap.

Popular Lip Treatments