October 23, 2014 | 1907 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually like to try a foundation out a few times before deciding whether or not I like it, but I hated this one so much I really really don't want to use it again. I like most MAC foundations that I've tried, my favourites: Select Tint and Studio Tech. But this foundation was just so horrible for me. The coverage was really full and thick, it didn't let my skin show through at all and I like sheer, transparent foundations that let your natural skintones slip through a bit and only even out skintone a little. I also like a dewy, glowy finish and this was matte, probably good for oily types and people who want a flawless, matte finish, but I like to look fresh and glowy and moist. Staying power was great though, stayed put the whole day long and didn't rub off at all. If you are looking for a matte, shine-free long-lasting foundation with full coverage you would probably like this. Oh the colour match wasn't really good for me either, I have yellow-toned skin but it is also pink, weird I know! So I got an NC35 sample and it was just too yellow for me, when I use a more sheer foundation it doesn't really matter if it isn't a perfect colour match because it lets my own skin show through and the colour blends in naturally, but because this foundation is so thick and opaque it didn't let any of my natural pink show through and therefore looked unnatural.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by marielle78

I bought studio fix fluid in NC50. It looked great initially, but turned orange and greasy a few hours later. I tried it over a foundation primer (both NARS and Smashbox) with the same results. I wouldn't recommend this product for anyone with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying a plethora of Mac foundations that made me break out (Select tint, Satinfinish, Select), I decided to try the SFF. My skin is not acne prone, nor is it prone to breakouts so I was a bit reluctant to try this one even though I had had bad luck with Mac fdtns in the past. I don't like heavy coverage but I'd this is medium-full, depending on your application. I also wasn't sure if this would be right for me since my skin is on the dryer side but I gave it a shot. I apply this with my fingers instead of a brush so it melts into my skin better and looks natural, though if you want more coverage, I might suggest a 190 or 109 brush. I normally wear NC40 in most Mac fdtns but since this formula runs a bit dark, I wear NC35 normally and NC40 in the summer. My skin looks perfect with SFF. The dy texture of my skin is not accentuated and there's no need for powder on top since I'm not oily. I love this foundation and would definitely repurchase.
People have complained about it being difficult to dispense, but Mac does sell foundation pumps. I'd recommend that for ease of use. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by arcticmel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAC products for the most part, but this stuff is awful if you have combination or oily skin. I tried so hard and so long to like this product, but eventually, I had to quit fooling myself. My face was so shiny by mid morning.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by LushHush

Everything about SF is perfect apart from the fact it breaks me out something terrible. Mac was the only foundation to match my skin tone, I was matched to NC20 and it just melted into my skin creating a matte airbrushed look. Just lovely. It stayed on throughout the whole day and still looked fresh. I was in love with this foundation until the angry painful monsters reared their ugly heads. The search for my HG continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2008 7:38:00 AM More reviews by kits87

Well I thought it was time to splash out on a proper foundation so I headed to the MAC counter, my favourite brand. I hadn't been much of a foundation user up until I started a 9-5 job and I wanted something to wear everyday, that gave proper coverage. So the MAC girl advised that Studio Fix Fluid was the best for my combination skin, rather than the Select Tint tinted moisturizer that I had been using on occasion.

I was very impressed with the staying power of this foundation - I apply it in the morning, set it with a bit of cheap Rimmel powder and most of it's still there at 11 pm at night.

The coverage is great, it's enough to cover imperfections but not heavy or cakey.

At first I thought the colour looked strangely orange in the bottle (I'm an NW20) but after going easy on the amount I used, blending properly and applying powder, the colour seems OK. Just be careful not to tango yourself by using loads, you don't need a lot of this to get good results.

It's hard to tell how much is left in the bottle, and it'd be nice if the bottle came with a pump, but that's a very minor point seeing as you can buy one from MAC anyway. It is expensive, about €30 but I think it's worth it, this is a good quality product. And the bottle lasts ages.

I'd definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by AFgirlie

My HG Foundation! I wear NW45 and it matches me perfectly. I do have acne prone skin with a few acne scars. It definitely evens my skin tone and makes my skin look flawless since you can build the coverage. All I do is moisturize, use a foundation to brush to apply foundation, and apply the blotting pressed powder. It definitely has staying power too. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i gave this a 3 because IF it doesn't break you out it's a great color match. unfortunately i wasn't so lucky. the mac artist convinced me to try this liquid in nc50 in place of nw43 and i must say it was a better color match due to the yellow undertones BUT it caused my such horrible breakouts. the powder foundation was fine but the liquid is my enemy. i had it for more than a month so i couldn't take it back. i wasn't sure it was the culprit at first but the acne got so bad i had to go without foundation for a few days just to let my skin heal and during that time my skin got a lot better (i.e. no new breakouts). i wore it again and more breakouts. so if you know liquid foundations are okay for you go for it wears nice and looks great on but if you aren't sure get a sample or at least take it back within the timeframe allow. a waste of money for me. once i get my skin back good again i'm going to do concealer and the mineralize powder that combo looks good and doesn't break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2008 8:44:00 AM More reviews by kate32

This foundation is by far my new favourite! At first I was slighty afraid that, as I am extremley pale, that i would be able to find a match but NC15 is spot on! It stays on and has really good coverage, so a little goes a long way. I knocked one it down lipstick just because it costs so damn much, but it is worth it in the end :)

[EDIT] yes the colour is spot on and yes it does stay on but it seems really drying in places that i didnt even think my skin was dry :/ so after about an hour it looks wayy less flawless and highlights my pores. So i've had a bit of a change of heart, although i will use it till its gone as it is far the best foundation i've used to date. but still ... i wish there was something with similar coverage that didnt dry out, *sigh* :) [/EDIT]

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by mhm_megan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

at first, this was the best foundation i had ever used. it matched my skin (or so i thought) and it was just great.

after a couple of months though, my skin started breaking out horribly. i went two days without this foundation and my skin was almost clear. when i used it for ONE day, my skin broke out near my chin. i finally realized the color was not my skin tone. it made my skin oily, and it would come off! i wouldn't recommend this.