August 28, 2014 | 1705 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 7:41:00 AM More reviews by mishameesh

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!! It gives me a very nice Flawless matte look! I wear NC44 in this. It has great staying power and can stand up to my oilies. I really love how it makes me look like I was born flawless! Keep in mind, it does not look cakey, heavy, or "too much." It feels comfortable too. I prefer this over EL DW fdtn.

I wear a moisturizer and Mac Prep + Prime underneath. And I apply with a damp sponge. Lasts all day. Comes in a glass bottle with the matte, black screw top. I do wish that it came with a pump though. I love it anyway and I'll definitely repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by stina456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation. This is the first liquid foundation I have ever owned and it amazes me everyday. The truth is that my skin does tend to show up oily after a few hours but that is nothing that can't be fixed quickly. I just absolutely love the coverage. A+++ product!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2008 1:54:00 AM More reviews by smileitsadrienne

This foundation looked good when the MAC professinals applied it, but for some reason I could not acheive the same look. Also, after a while of wearing the makeup it seemed to sit on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loveee SFF! For years i've used mineral foundations w/Studio fix powder,but never tried this foundation until recently.Im using NW20,which is almost a perfect match.I used it w/moisturizer + prep + prime skin,w/187 brush~it makes all the difference w/the brush.A little goes along way.Sometimes I use studio fix powder on top when I want more coverage.This makes me look flawless!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Ginnybaby2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: Total HG!! I love this foundation it looks natural on me and kinda blends in with my skin to make it as if I'm not wearing anything. Just one pump and it covers my face completely. Afterwards I'll go over areas that need a bit more. I love it.

Here's my original review:

I thought that this foundation was a bit expensive but you get what you pay for. It has GREAT staying power and it does what it says. It's oil free and you can build how much coverage you want. I would defitnetly buy this product again. I first bought this around the summer of '07. I was about 4 months pregnant when I went to the MAC counter and I asked the MA if she could find me a foundation that could match my skintone. I also wanted something that gave me good and complete coverage because my skin was oily and acne prone at that time. (Thank God that during my pregnancy my acne cleared up and I didn't break out so much.) When she matched me I was at that time an NC 40 and I loved the way it looked on me. I saw how much it matched my skin tone so I bought it cuz of that. However, I did my research and read that your skin tends to change during the season. Sure enough my skin tone started changing and I could see it in the pictures. So after I gave birth I went to MAC and got matched again and this time I'm NC 42. So I really like this product and this is defitnetly a keeper. I noticed that I havent broken out at all with this makeup. I've been using this makeup for some time now so I have no complaints. It's not heavy, cakey or anything at all. It's just a GREAT makeup overall. When I apply it I make sure to put on powder that way it stays longer and it does....and it doesn't streak or get oily at all. I love love love this
foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Aline7

Ok I got this for days I need more coverage and on days which are more humid.

The thing with studiofix fluid is that you have to make sure your faced is moisturized and primed before you apply the foundation because it can be a bit drying.

I ALWAYS moisturize and primer with smashbox photofinisher light.

This is a great foundation to add to your collection because it does have a bit of longer wear formula (I think it is because it is more matte) but still looks natural (WHEN applied with a STIPPLING brush 187 MAC brush).
What sucks is that it does NOT have a pump! you have to buy it separately for 5 buckeroos Canadian.

This one is a keeper.
I have the studiofix fluid in NW15 for as i said more coverage requiring days....

The select spf 15 in NW15 (for days when my skin does not need much coverage)..

and
The mineralize satinfinish in NC15 for days when my skin is dry (even with moisturizer) <--- I RETURNED THIS... but the studio fix and select are still AWESOME!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:09:00 AM More reviews by jewell2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice foundation ...good staying power and the great thing about it is you can build from medium coverage to full coverage
if you want it to be light coverage sheer it out with a brush or mix it with your moisturizer so its very versatille
would buy again
Update: I start to like this even better than my EL DW since the color match is better (NW20)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Iamsheherazade

The smell! I could only give this 2 lippies as I can't deal with the overwhelming smell of this stuff. It's almost medicinal verging on turning bad.

The coverage is nice and wears well but the smell... gah. Another thing I don't understand is why, when I go to MAC, each and every SA suggests a different colour for me. I was sold this in NW20 but the other foundations I've tried in this line are usually NC20 or NC25 and once a plain old N.

I guess it's up to me if I buy it but I'm wimpy at the counter and take the recommendations. In natural light I can see that NW20 is way to dark for me and turned orange. I wish they had MAC's in store's where you can look at yourself in natural light.

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸-(Iamsherazade)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸ continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

This foundation is great for those with oily/combination skin because it prevents oil and shine. It provides medium coverage. Makes my skin look goooood. Make sure you buy the foundation pump ($10) because it makes the application process a LOT easier!

EDIT: This does cover really well but it just goes on way too thick. It makes me feel like I'm wearing a mask. I've since switched to Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation and I love it. Also, MAC's foundation shades are limited IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

I love this foundation. Great coverage but not for those you want a sheer makeup look. Update - I really broke out from this makeup, returned and would not purchase again.