MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 9/25/2008 3:07:00 AM

I've been using M.A.C. Porducts for about a year now, and I've become an addict! I love everything about this foundation. It goes on so evenly, and it helps so much with my oily skin (YAY)! before using this product I went between different brands that you get at walmart, and you really do pay for quality, and I find that you don't have to use as much, and it lasts so much longer.

on 9/24/2008 1:26:00 AM

I have very complicated skin and i've been looking around for a good foundation. My skin's oily and i have scars from acne from when i was younger. I actually had a long chat with a girl from there and she was so helpful with the foundations. we tried a couple and i fell in love with this one. I am pretty light skinned with yellow undertones (im asian). I use NC30 just to give my skin some color. My body is darker then my face soo it works out(i get paler in the winter and it looks so UGH). It gives my face some color and i also use it as a concealer. If i have a trouble spot i would use a concealer brush and use the built up foundation in the cap and dab it on my trouble spots. Makes my skin look sooo nice and soft. and i finish with the mineral powder over it and it lasts allllll day and night. I love it. i've also tried Studio tech and it just was not... pretty on me. haha. I would buy this OVER and OVER again.

on 9/19/2008 12:57:00 AM

My skin breaks out if i turn around too fast and foundation is a nightmare. I can't stand the way redness looks on my face so I have always slathered tons of foundation on to cover it which breaks me out which means more foundation to cover. Its a bad cycle. MAC fixed me!!! I love it! Everyone says mac foundation is killer but thanks to the reviews on makeup alley I braved the mac foundation and LOVE it. It truly lasts ALL day! Never ever has any foundation truly done that. After ten hours of tailgates and football in west texas heat my makeup was still looking great in the pictures at the end of the evening. It has not broken me out...provides great coverage...and has finally solved my foundation woes. Def repurchase. Its worth the price. You'll buy 3 that dont work or one that does! think about it.

UPDATE: Yeah way too good to be true. Ate my face broke me out made me sad...etc. I am having such a foundation crisis. It really is too heavy i guess

To be honest, i don't like this foundation. The sales girl told me this foundation suite for oily skin. But when i used this product, it's really disappointed me. My skin is very oily and i sweat alot. When i wear this foundation, my makeup look cakey, especially in nose area. and everytime i'm sweating, the foundation running down from my face and it's look very ugly!.
At 1st, i though i might be using the wrong technique, but the next day i put sunblock, i put foundation and i finish it with MAC pressed blot powder. But u know what? The same happen...my skin still oily and makes my skin look cakey again. Can u imagine how ugly it is? I swear to god i'm not going to wear this foundation anymore.

I bought my first MAC studio fix fluid foundation about two weeks ago and I absolutely love it! I have tried sooo many foundations since I started wearing make when I was about 13 or 14 and this has got to be my number one so far!! It matched my skin EXACTLY, which has always been my problem. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and I love how good this covers all my blemishes up! I also loved that it has a lot more yellow tone in this foundation (since I am of asian race), so it was just the perfect match! I don't even need to use concealer to cover up my spots before my foundation, its that GOOD! I love it and I think people with hard to cover spots should give this a try!

on 9/13/2008 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have skin that is on the drier side,and this makeup did not work well with that, contrary to what the MAC artist told me. It tends to feel sticky on my skin and i have a hard time blending it in. It works better when I mix it with moisturizer, but even then it is not ideal.
I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with dry skin, especially if you want a more luminous look. The coverage doesn't last very long either. My midday I have to reapply.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

like others have said mac is wack for not selling this WITH the pump...but whatever. got matched wrong by a MUA who probably was ready for her lunch break, but once i got it right (NC42, not 45 lady!) i really liked it. too bad i was told a few days later i have neutral undertones, not warm or cool, so i dont know...as long as my face/neck look seamless, which they do to me. bought the 187 a few days later and now i love it. the only reason i didnt give it 5 lippies is because i am dying to try MUFE HD. sorry mac.

on 9/13/2008 1:26:00 PM

This is definitely my favourite foundation to date - and I have tried a LOT of different products (drugstore and high end).

My skin is definitely not perfect, so there are a few imperfections I like to cover up. This covers those imperfections well without looking like a mask or caking (which is a problem I've had in the past with other foundations). It looks very natural, and with MAC it's easy to find the right shade for you..they have such a huge variety! With my pale skin it's difficult sometimes to find a shade that matches.

I apply this using the MAC foundation brush. Start off light, blend well and add more later if you need.

I will definitely buy this again..I am almost finished my second bottle:)

*Editing my review* - after trying some new foundations (NARS Sheer Matte & Sheer Glow) - I have to say I like this foundation less. I still think SFF gives amazing coverage, but after trying the NARS ones, SFF is a lot more heavy on the skin. I also get more oily during the day when I wear SFF. Still a good foundation, but I have found a better match for me :)

on 9/13/2008 12:47:00 AM

Add me to the list of Studio Fix fans!
It's one of my first MAC products forays and I am very impressed.
NC35 for me is absolutely perfect and I have tried several fdns that was too light for me... Still loving them for the colder months but this matched my summer tan perfectly. I love this for days that I want more coverage... The coverage is buildable and I have pretty good skin so I can skip the concealer.

And I get compliments all the time on my "natural" complexion- it's that deceiving!

I don't like the packaging though..

on 9/12/2008 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Got this in NC41...was wearing NW35/40 but just WAY too pink! now i have very yellow skin, n i thought by opting for NW i would hide this, but it just looked wrong, learned to embrace my yellowoliveyness!
anyway, its very easy to apply ( i use the estee lauder foundation brush) lasts about 9/10 hours, doesnt cause me to have breakouts if i clean my face properly in the evening!
good colour range for most skin tones! except if you are very dark skinned but yellow toned i dnt think NC50/55 will help u, i use NC45 n NC50 mix in the summer when im darker - im latin btw.
anyway all in all very good! just clean ur face properly after!
After a while, my skin seems to have changed and I now wear an NW35 or 40! The NC41 was just too white!
I have been rematched to NC43 and it seems to look ok, but not sure - colours are weird or maybe its my skin!