MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 5/29/2008 3:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I realllllly like the way this looks on me. It makes the non broken out parts of skin look gorgeous. I wear NC15, still a little too dark but that's ok, I even that out with light blot powder. My issue is this: maybe because it is so thick, my clogged pores stand out soooo bad. Also, I had a ridiculous zit on my cheek and after having this on a day, it seemed to have gotten worse. BUT that could be because it's at the end of it's cycle and is coming to a head (sorry), and any makeup over a zit like this is bound to make it worse. I just wish they had lighter shades. But aside from that I found the coverage was marvelous, especially with studio fix or blot powder over it. It does look so flawless, minus the bumps :(
I will buy it again, because I realized I just can't win with these random zits, might as well keep the rest of my face nice looking...
Edit: Yeah, it's this breaking me out. Damnit! I will keep it though for very special occasions. But three times a week is way too much. It's gotten bad.

on 5/28/2008 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

PRODUCT: Studio Fix Fluid From MAC

COLOR: NC 30

COST: $ 25.00

DISCRIPTION: Yellow based liquid foundation

COVERAGE: Full coverage

SMELL: Nice smell that I love. When you smell this smell you know your smelling MAC. Lovely smell!

CONTAINER: A glass bottle. It's not easy to apply this with a foundation brush.

WOULD I BUY AGAIN: Yes but it's expensive. Gives full coverage and covers acne well. Worth the price.

on 5/27/2008 3:39:00 PM

ickkkk. the only good thing about this foundation is that is has SPF. the MAC artist had me convinced that this foundation would be perfect for me. she said it had build able coverage, it would stay on all day, and not cause me breakouts. she was right about my color, NC20, but this was just like any drugstore liquid that slid off my face and emphasized dry flakes.

and i really didn't like the consistency of the foundation. it's probably great for people with nice skin, but why would you need foundation anyway?

on 5/25/2008 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This foundation just did not look good on my face. It didn't cover well, looked un-natural, and didn't keep the oil away. Plus I could not get a good color match. I tried NW20 and NW15 and both looked orange. Plus I found out that it breaks people out even though it says it is not supposed to. I'm sticking with Origins reflection perfection.

on 5/25/2008 11:26:00 AM

This foundation is totally wrong for me, and im gutted about it.
I had some birthday money left so i thought id go to MAC and treat myself to a foundation, and i chose this one. I was told i should go with NW15. I am pretty pale, but ive never had to go with the lightest foundation shade. I got home and tried it out, and what on earth? It actually turned me into an oompa-loompa. Its not even a couple of shades too dark, it just turns me completely orange!
I buffed around the edges of my face with my everyday minerals flat top brush to see if i could calm down the harsh lines around my chin etc. And it worked a little, so i wore the foundation out just to see if it really was as bad as i thought it was, (i was in denial) and it broke me out so bad! In places that i never usually do.
Im sure it can work wonders for other people, but the spotty oompa-loompa look just isn't my thing.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation saved my face! I love it! For someone reason my combination skin got so dry and flaky just on the forehead. My powder foundation that I usually used was just exaggerating the flakes so I needed to get liquid foundation. I should've just went without foundation to let my skin breathe but it was looking kind of red too, and just ooky. I couldn't go out like that, lol. I chose Studio Fix Fluid because I remembered that when I purchased Select SPF a couple of years agi and I found it to be kind of greasy.

I know many people complain about MAC foundation breaking them out but, not only did this not break me out it didn't accelerate the problem that I already had. It's been about four months now and my little issue is all cleared up. No issues whatsover. I love this stuff!

I use the MAC 190 foundation brush to apply it and it gives a flawless even coverage and little goes a long way. Sometimes when I want a lighter coverage I just use my finger to spot apply it and blend like crazy.

The only bad thing is I ended up having to mix two colors together to get my skin tone. I originally got NW47, which I thought ending up looking too red when I went back to exchange none of the other colors worked either so I got NC50 to mix with it. I just put a little on the back on my hand and blend them together. Oh, well it's a small price to pay for great looking skin,

on 5/24/2008 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really surprised by this product. I have used creme foundation for years and thought I would try Liquid foundation again. I used to use Chanel Double perfection (I thinks that is the right name) but of course they discontinued it. Why do they discontinue the good stuff? Back to the subject....this was the first MAC product I ever bought. It goes on so smooth and it lasts all day. The only bad thing is it tends to settle a tad into my pores but not too much.

on 5/21/2008 8:19:00 AM

Last week I was on the hunt for my HG foundation, and I figured I'd try MAC since it had been so long since I used MAC foundation, and lately I've been on a MAC kick. I was matched up to NW20, though it was still a tad too dark, but NW15 was way too light.

I went home, played with the foundation, and was satisfied. I wore it the next day to work, and it did an amazing job of controlling my oil, however it oxidized badly and the orange color on my face looked ridiculous.

I was so disappointed that this foundation oxidized on me, because it was amazing at controlling my oily t-zone, and the foundation stayed put all day. It's a shame that it oxidized, because I was really happy with the foundation itself. Later that evening when I got home, I found that I had broken out badly on the right side of my face. I never break out, and only get an occasional pimple here and there.

Needless to say, the foundation went back that very same night. I would recommend for anyone wanting to try this foundation to get a sample, or have your face done at MAC to see how your skin reacts before actually purchasing. If it wouldn't have broken me out, and wouldn't have oxidized, I would've given this foundation a 5.

on 5/20/2008 4:57:00 AM

I really like the coverage this foundation gives; with that said, his has really bad staying power.. it gets really oily and greasy feeling and kinda blotchy... I do have combination skin and experience a lot of oilyness in my tzone. anyways, i do like the coverage, but over all, it gets really oily and blotchy and feels heavy and greasy throughout the day. Wont repurchase when I run out, Instead id recommend dior "Forever" foundation, as much coverage but much better staying power

on 5/19/2008 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have the kind of ultra-oily, acne-battered skin that needs heavy coverage and staying power. I have tried out a few other "ultramatte" foundations but have never quite been satisfied. I think EL Double Wear is the longest lasting, best coverage I've found so far, but after trying it again after going through a bottle of Revlon Colorstay I found it to have this weird effect on my skin that made it look like it had dry flakes all over it. Yikes.

So I tried this foundation because it has SPF 15. After I bought it I realized I had forgotten to check if the sunscreen is full-spectrum. Sadly it is not--UVB only. I am trying to find a foundation with full spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen so I do not have to wear any 'screen underneath. I can use all the help I can get in terms of having a matte base to ameliorate my oil slick.

It's an ok foundation. The coverage is good, not great. I use the NC15 shade and it is STILL significantly darker than my skin. But it adds a lot of warmth to my face so I guess that's good, although I sometimes wonder if it is too yellowy. The foundation has migrated on my face by the end of the day, but it still looks ok. My face is oily as hell at the end of the day too but it seems to do a decent job at slowing down the oil-slick process.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation to people with acne-prone skin that is not too oily and not too dry either, because it really accentuates dry patches. It's probably best for those with slightly oily skin that needs coverage. But for my kind of skin it's not too great. I probably won't buy this again. Oh and make sure you buy the foundation pump along with it or else it's just an open bottle that you dump onto the hand.

update: I think this might be breaking me out. Boo!