July 31, 2014 | 1697 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jessajessajessa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really quite irritated that it managed to turn my face a very unattractive 'yellow' colour. I've tried most of the shades, and I settled for NW25, but to no avail. Maybe there just wasn't a colour that suited me...but somehow I doubt it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I count myself among the fans of this foundation.

PROS: First off, a great choice of colours. Second off, it goes on easily with fingers, blends well, stays put all day and gives a porcelain look to my skin (I'm using NW25). As a little goes a long way, this foundation is worth every single penny I spent.

CONS: The bottle should be improved w/a pump. I wouldn't recommend Studio Fix to people with acne as it offers a light-medium coverage. Maybe the price (€ 27 here in Italy).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

NW25, Lt. Brown, Blue/Hazel. I purchased this after my first MAC makeover. This is the foundation the MA used on me, and I was impressed with the coverage and finish. Overall I like this foundation, but am not sure if the formula is right for combo skin. By evening I do have oilys in the T zone even with primer. I will probably purchase again unless I find a different formula I like better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by mschroed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, this product is excellent for those who don't have adverse reactions to the formula/apply it correctly. When I first got it, the coverage was too heavy (flawless, but without the look of human skin) and it was unnaturally flat, but when I figured out a few application tricks, it looked wonderful. The 187 brush truly made a difference (I found that the 190 streaked unless my skin was well "moisturized,"or drenched in some kind of oily face junk). I also found that you can significantly improve the finish by either mixing it with a teensy bit of shimmer-lotion/bronzer or a whipped/light moisturizer. Now I fully understand that an HG foundation shouldn't require too many (any) extra steps, but the brush and "formula-enhancing" (I'll call it, heh) actually speeds up the process. Painting it on with the 190 brush was annoyingly long if I wanted to achieve a flawless but natural-ish finish without streaks. This foundation is best for people who actually need/want/expect the coverage but don't have excessively dry skin (it seems to accentuate flakes on me in winter if I don't mix it with something more moisturizing) or excessively oily skin-but both can be accomodated by using products you likely already have (like using some kind of [cheap] setting powder for the latter issue). It's never made me break out or anything either even though my skin can be sensitive. I think if you see the ability to manipulate the foundation to your liking as a feature of it's flexibility and not as an inconvenient shortcoming, you'll probably really like it. I could easily understand the bad reviews though as I almost gave it one in the beginning as well.
-The packaging would be better with a pump and a travel-friendly casing material (like, uh, some sturdy plastic)
-Price is eh, but I find that it lasts a long time so I s'pose it's worth it
-I wish it had some kind of skin-benefit other than the SPF 15

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This must have been formulated for drag queens. Men's skin has got to be tougher. They have a great color range of course, so everybody can get their shade, but this stuff just overwhelms my skin and makes me break out like crazy. It also leaves a weird sheen on my skin. While I adore all my MAC lipsticks and most of the eyeshadows, I've never had much luck with their foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by XMakeUpArtist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh...I have oily skin, natural sensitive to breaking out..and I was thrilled when the color match nc40 was soo good. But I must admit, my skin has really BROKEN out these last 5 months..probably due to this! I read every other review of girls with oily skin..and they all BROKE OUT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by chilli

I alternate between this and Everyday Minerals foundation. I'm using NC15 which is maybe a tad too dark but blended well it passes (believe me, I've double checked with fotos, MAs and friends :) ). I took a lippy off since the color selection runs a bit dark.

This is my favorite liquid foundation as it covers very well and doesn't slide off in the middle of the day. I use it with Prep + Prime SPF50 and Blot pressed powder in light and can get away with only few blotting sessions per day (for me, that is a small miracle!).

Please note: at first I hated this foundation, it went on all cakey and striky. I tried MAC 190 brush, Lancomes foundation brush and fingers but no. Then I finally gave MAC 187 a change and voila! The most perfect and airbrushed finish I've ever managed to achieve! I highly recommend you try it too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after I decided to take a break on mineral makeup. I'm actually liking this. I was matched to NC30, but that's a tad too dark. I might wanna try NC25 later. For the time being, applying the NC30 in light layers seems to match pretty well. I like the fact that I don't need a concealer for extra coverage. However, I don't think this is quite a full-coverage foundation; it's more like medium. I don't think that I will be wearing this everyday, though. Will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by ohsailor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally bought Studio Fix Powder but my skin became drier as winter approached so I found that it became extremley noticeable on my skin. So I decided to buy Studio Fix Fluid [with much hesitation as it isn't cheap] & its wonderful so far.
On my rare good skin days, I can go without using the Studio Finish Concealer so I'd say that the coverage is wonderful.
[I bought the 187 brush to apply it with - it works really well and blends evenly]
So far, it hasn't broken me out [a rare thing in a foundation for me] and I will definitely to continue to use it until it does!
All that could improve it would be a pump dispenser!

EDIT: Too heavy for my acne prone skin. And the colour is rather too orange for my pale skin. However, I still like the coverage! Would recommend to someone who has naturally darker skin/tan and someone who doesn't mind the feeling of wearing quite a lot of makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 4:30:00 AM More reviews by jgurriere

The first time in my life I have broken down and bought a department store brand makeup and I couldn't be happier. I finally get what everyone is talking about when they say department store brands are better the drug store brands. The diffrence is amazing! I just recently started using MAC Studio Fix foundation. It is about $25 a bottle, but I find I don't go through it as fast. A little goes a long way where as when I was using drug store brands I had to use alot more to get the coverage I want and need to blend and cover all my imperfections. Plus it seems to control oil much better when I use it with the blot powder. I only have to touch up 2-3 times instead of 5-6.