MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

I was recommended the Studio Fix Fluid foundation by one of the makeup artist when I was returning a Studio Fix compact that did not match with my skintone. This Studio Fix Fluid provides medium coverage and it gives my skin a matte finish. This foundation makes my skin look flawless. I purchased the pump to easily dispense the foundation. I used the fix fluid in NC42. I use the MAC foundation brush for easy application and blending. A little goes a long way so I only use not even a whole pump of this foundation to cover my face. Another plus about this foundation is that it is oil free and it has SPF 15 for sun protection. The makeup artist also informed me that this foundation is easier to match up than the Studio Fix powder. So if you are having problems with the Studio Fix powder you may want to give the Studio Fix Fluid a shot. This may be my new HG foundation.

Love it! Its a perfect match to my skin tone. I used before clinique superfit makeup, but that thing didn't hold up at all. My face would get super oily in an hour. Now, MAC gives me a matte finish. A nice matte :D my skin gets oily after several hours later. Then I retouch wit powder. No biggie there. I'm about to purchase the studio fix powder and see how that works.

HG forever! I have used sooooooo many foundations similar to this formula from Chanel, Estee Lauder, Makeup forever, the list goes on, nothing compares....This has amazing coverage, it smooths the appearance of texture on the skin, reduces the appearance of your pore size, lasts all day long, can be used for a lighter or heavier finish AND controls your sebum production...I do work for MAC (n believe me, i am not being biased when i tell you i love this) so I will say, just make sure you are properly matched..this foundation does run much more yellow than any of MAC's other foundations so you may have to try an NW in this formula even if you've always been a NC...I will never stray from this foundation.....EVER!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Okay, so I LOVE this foundation!! Its gives awesome coverage without looking cakey or heavy if applied properly.

I use NW20 in all MAC products and I couldnt be without them. My skin looks absolutely amazing with this. I would definitely repurchase. As for the packaging, I prefer the open bottle, yes pumps are nice, but for me its not a necessity, especially since you cant stick your fingers in the bottle anyways. lol.

For reference:

MAC Products-NW20
Bobbi Brown Foundations- Warm Sand
Laura Mercier- Warm Ivory
Bare Minerals- Fairly Light
Revlon- Nude or Nude Beige

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

simply the best foundation out there. its so flawless looking and it buildable to you can have a light or heavy look. i use it in nc35.

So starting with the STUDIO FIX FLUID . For 18 pounds (UK) you get 30ml of this product. I'm shade NC15 as i have quite a pale complection. MAC bases its shades on NC(neutral cool) for those of you who have a golden beige complection, or NW (neutral warm) for those of you who have a pinky tones to your complection. Now personally i think that you have to have a good foundation in your makeup bag, and i do reccomend this if you want a FULL COVERAGE, applying this is similar to appling face paint as such. It literally conceals everything and gives you a flawless natural matte finnish. The good thing about this foundation is you can really build up the coverage. Applying it with a damp sponge for a lighter sheer coverage is brilliant, a little does go a very long way!!!! Or if you want that fuller coverage then you can build up the layers, i do suggest using a foundation brush for this to avoid looking patchy.WARNING: building up too many layers of this product can make you look very very plasticy and un-natural.This was my first MAC purchase and for 18 pounds I was fairly impressed. The foundation comes in a glass bottle with a matte black lid. One thing i thought i would be getting with this product, which I didn't was a dispencer, you have to buy this seperatley. Although i did find that the No7 foundation dispencer does fit the mac bottle which works out quite well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I loved the way this felt on my skin but hated the way it looked. I felt that it looked orangey on me. I got a sample from Mac and sure am glad that I didnt buy it, am still looking for the perfect one.

Edit** After trying other foundations, I kept thinking about this one and maybe realizing that I was too hard on Sf, so I tried a different way to apply this and got matched to a lighter color and bam! Perfect color, stayed all day didnt look to orange? and my face looked flawless. Love it. Nc40

amazing i love it
im nc25, very natural, and easy to work with ..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i'm not sure if i love or hate this foundation. i get a lot of compliments when i'm wearing this and i like that it glides easily on my moisturized skin. also, while the color isn't yellow enough for me (it's more orange than yellow), at least it's less peachy than the other foundations i've used so far. but just when i thought i'd found my HG foundation, i developed small bumps from using this! not pimples, but like itchy small red bumps. as if that's not enough to annoy me, i've also noticed that its lasting power pales in comparison to that of my other liquid foundations (namely, estee lauder double wear and make up for ever mat velvet +). it starts melting after 5 hours or so and smudges off on my oil papers when i blot. ew! oil control isn't so good either! in fact it's the worst of all foundations i've tried, and--this is what bothers me the most--the only foundation that doesn't work with my clinique pore minimizer instant perfector which i love! argh!

I bought this foundation on June i believe and at first it was amazing, the coverage was great, and everything, but as i started to use it more and in the longrun after 4 months of progressivly using the product, it made my skin break out like i have never seen it before, yea i would ususally get like 1 or 2 ocasionally but this made it so bad i had to spend over 300 USD on an acne regimen prescribed by my dermatologist, if you are acne prone watch out witht his foundation it has an ingridient in it that causes breakouts, i was so disappointed in this foundation specially because it was M.A.C, now i just use prescriptives, it has not broken me out yet the covereage is amazing.