Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 1/18/2007 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It used to be my staple, but it actually dries your lips out. The peppermint oil and rosemary extract are both astringent. Since I've started making my own I've seen how good lip balm can be and I'm never buying this again. Having said all that its definitely not the worst lip balm out there, especially if chapped lips are not your problem. Look for something without any astringent ingredients though. The honey version is better for your lips. No those aren't chunks of honey, its the shea butter which can get grainy during the heating/mixing part. The shea butter will melt as soon as it hits your lips.

on 1/17/2007 12:02:00 PM

I don't like the taste of Burt's Bees lip products. They taste like those little yellow pots of carmex lip stuff. I prefer softlips which also give you a tingy minty feeling but comes in much better favors such as french vanilla.

on 1/15/2007 5:01:00 PM

I love burts bees lip balm, i love how it makes my lips sting, and i liek the feel of not having anything on my lips. I can not stand the honey lip blam it is disgusting cuz it feels liek there is actual chunks of honey in it and it gets caked onthe side of my mouth...not fun! But anywasy I would defenatley reccommend buying a tube of this to try out! 5 stars.

on 1/14/2007 9:06:00 PM

Love this product. I use it constantly, it's a staple and it does wonders for my lips. Only downside is I can only use the stick formula, because I've bought the tins only to have them get stuck closed. :( But overall, this product is a must have.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have tried and like Burt's Bees Honey lip balm so since I love mint I thought I would give this version a try. I am completely addicted to lip balm and it really bothers me when I can't feel it on my lips (sad but true). I enjoyed the minty tingle of this lip balm but HATED the fact that no matter how much I applied my lips felt naked. In fact, they felt rather dry. There is no way I could finish a tube of this (it would drive me nuts) so I gave it to DH and he likes it. I think this lip balm would work well for guys (since they generally don't want that "lip balm-y" feeling anyway) or ladies who don't like the feel of most lip balms. This lip balm also has no glossiness which men would most likely appreciate. I gave Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm a "1" for my purposes but DH would probably give it a "4".

on 1/13/2007 10:05:00 PM

I applied this and loved the cool minty feelings on my lips. However the texture of this product is waxy and just sits on your lips, never getting absorbed. In the end all of the mintiness just dried my lips out more. This product is over hyped, you are better off sticking to plain old vaseline before shelling out money for this crap.

on 1/11/2007 8:23:00 PM

How could anyone not love this? It's so refreshing. My friends and I always have it on us, in our purses, at home, etc. :]

I like the Strawberry flavored lip balm that comes in the glass container. You use your finger to apply it but it works really nice.
And I use it as a gloss.

on 1/8/2007 11:15:00 PM

I love this stuff. The smell is wonderful and it makes my lips tingle slightly. I have tried other lip moisterizers but this one IMO is the best. It performs as well or better than most other moisterizers but the smell and the tingly sensation is what I love.

on 1/3/2007 6:40:00 AM

it works ok..but it feels really thick when its on. i like the ones in the pot (they are all fruit flavored) better..

Popular Lip Treatments