December 22, 2014 | 1616 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2005 8:02:00 PM More reviews by gayabuzz

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!!I am a 54 year old beauty product junkie who has spent a mere fortune & many hours researching trying to find the best cleanser & skincare products on the market!!!! FINALLY SUCCESS!!!This is the

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2005 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Sunnibuns

I adore this non-drying cleanser, I have sensitive skin and this is so gentle! It takes off makeup wonderfully, even waterproof mascara (I let it sit my lashes for about 15 seconds to break down the mascara). After washing my face it feels so clean and soft without that tight feeling that other cleansers can leave.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Maliktai

Not great for me. I was so drawn in by Christina's presentation on QVC that I decided to try this and some of their other products. I am normal-slightly oily with 54 year old skin. After abandoning MD Forte (which worked pretty well) I am regretful. This cleanser stripped my skin and I started producing more oil. With that came breakouts, loss of clarity and general overall problems. Not to diminish their products but was not a good choice for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 3:02:00 PM More reviews by allieann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite cleanser...I used it regularly in the past, then tried a few other things and have now gone back to it. I consider myself to have sensitive skin and I have no problems using this - my skin is soft and smooth when I use this. I don't notice any strong scent as some other reviewers have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2005 1:47:00 PM More reviews by RucaRita

I use this at night with a warm washcloth to take off my makeup. I don't think it would clean well enough by itself...thus the washcloth. It's very gentle and hasn't broken me out, and it does successfully take off all of my eye makeup. I think those with sensitive skin would benefit from this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2005 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cpaige

I bought this product after reading rave reviews about it. I have combination skin, which is now dry due to climate changes and medications. This cleanser does clean very well, and remove all makeup. The only thing I didn't like was it was too drying for my skin. I believe someone with normal, combination, or, oily would really like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by crnwsr75

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unbelievable! I am 47, and I generally like a foamy or lathery cleanser and I don't like to use a separate makeup remover, mostly b/c I wear contact lenses. This smells great, feels fantastic, and removes everything. I bought the kit for aging skin, and I've been using it for about two weeks. I also am using The Present clear foundation by Philosophy. Also a miracle! I now use no foundation and just use T.LeClerc powder over the clear foundation. My skin is radiant and for the first time in my life, I look forward to the skin routine each evening! THANKS TO PHILOSOPHY!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by saoirse1561

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd love this product more if it wasn't scented. The scent is horrible, in my opinion; very medicinal and sort of ... woody? I think its the oils they use in the product.

This cleanser does, however, do a fantastic job. I prefer non-foaming cleansers, and this one leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. It doesn't bother my sensitive skin, even with the oils and fragrance, and a little goes a long way. A keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 3:30:00 PM More reviews by chandarae

I bought a 3.5oz bottle when sephora had a sale- just to see if I'd like it. I am still using that bottle 5 months later. I use it every night. A nickel size drop will cleanse my whole face. It removes all of my makeup and does not leave my face feeling tight or greasy. It has never broken me out. I will keep buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2005 3:41:00 AM More reviews by misscolleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this stuff. I got it in the "Radiant Skin in a Box" set, which is worth the price for the total package. But, I'm not sure I'd spend $20 to buy a bottle of Purity on its own.

I do like how it cleanses - gets all of the makeup and dirt off without stripping the skin. And it hasn't caused any weird rashes or bumps (an issue for me). I have combo/oily skin and it doesn't make me greasy at all. If you're expecting a foamy, super squeaky clean feel, you will be dissappointed. But, that's not what I want anyway.

Overall, I like it and I might repurchase it as part of a set. A little goes a long way so I won't have to do that for a while.
I've upped my rating from 3 to 4 because my skin seems to really like this cleanser. I'm not crazy about spending $20 on a bottle but if it works... continued >>