July 29, 2014 | 1554 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2005 2:16:00 AM More reviews by day_sie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser so much. It does not leave my dry skin dry like many others. It works well getting rid of what it should. It is well worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2005 10:23:00 PM More reviews by jessicamo

boring... i like the smell and the bottle, but it's nothing special. kinda drying for my combo skin. i thin i'm over philosophy. all hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2005 11:39:00 AM More reviews by cheryl49

Removes makeup really well - even mascara without stinging my eyes. It was slightly drying to my combo skin (although nothing that my moisturizer canít handle), which is probably due to the toner aspect. Nice cleanser, but I think itís overpriced for what it does. I'll use this up, but won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2005 11:14:00 PM More reviews by phospholipid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm so glad I got this in a swap before committing to the full size or even shell out some $$. My skin is sensitive, yes, but as calm as it can be, breakouts are *very* rare most of them are due to hormones. I've been using this faithfully morning and night for about a week without any changes in my other skincare regiment and 3 zits appears out of nowhere, not to mention some welts in mid-afternoon. Definitely something that you should try in person before committing to the full bottle. I suspect this rxn is due to all of those botanical extracts, which are dubious in purpose anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2005 6:25:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueen81

I received this in my jumpstarters kit and I normally do not use face wash because I can never find one that I like, but this stuff works great! It is a very light and creamy cleanser that has a slight and refreshing lemony scent. It does a good job of taking of makeup, dirt, and oil. The best part about it is that it does not leave your skin feeling dry and flaky after use. I would purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2005 10:08:00 AM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of the Radiant Skin in a Box kit and it seemed like a combo of cetaphil and Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Cream. I liked the texture but since I don't wear powder or foundation, I can't vouch for its makeup removal ability. It did seem to remove my mascara with no problems and left my skin feeling nice. However, I have sensitive, acne prone skin with rosacea (great!) on my chin so time will tell if this cleanser is the HG of cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2005 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ChrisOM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this product. Gentle but effective at removing makeup and dirt. Also leaves my face feeling soft and moist. A definite keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by TheLadyChanel

I wear Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation which is a "stay put" foundation. I love Purity Made Simple because it cleans off my makeup with only one application. It completely cleans all traces of makeup and oil. I have combination skin and this cleanser does not dry it out but somehow removes all my makeup. I try other cleansers every now and then, but always come back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by cinnhenke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am almost done with my first bottle and have just ordered my second bottle. I like the way my face feels clean when I use it. I also like the light clean sent.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by shedrake

I really like the lemony scent of it. This product claims to clean eye makeup and everything, but that wasn't my experience. I still had to use eye makeup remover to get the remnants. I got a small sample bottle(2 oz) from Sephora, and it has lasted longer than my old cleanser. Therefore, the price of $20 for an 8 oz bottle doesn't seem so bad considering that it might last longer than other cleansers. Also, I got the idea from Sephora to use it for cleaning out hand washable clothing.