Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 7/27/2005 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Hmmm...I feel like I'm doing this product a diservice by not raving about it but I can't get past the funky smell! I bought the Jumpstarters kit and while I love the cleanser and it definitely takes off all my makeup the smell of it and the moisturiser mean that I just don't enjoy using it which is a shame coz I think it'll stop me from re-purchasing. So if you won't mind the smell then it leaves your face really clean, doesn't break me out and takes off eye makeup perfectly but if you want to be able to inhale while cleansing then personally I'll give this one a miss and go back to my Liz Earle cleanser and Origins moisturiser.

on 7/23/2005 9:04:00 PM

Just had my first spin w/Purity. Hmmmm. I can see why some don't like the scent. I smell lavender most of all, so if you don't care for the fragrance of lavender essential oil, you'll probably hate this.

After using, my face felt clean but not raped of all its natural moisture. So far, I really like it. It foamed up just a little and removed my MAC Powerpoint.

I will update with further use.

Update: I have been using this daily for months now. I can't wait for the anniversary event so I can get the big pump bottle from Nordstrom again. I'll keep using this until my skin changes and it's no longer the best...but for the time being I've found my HG cleanser! continued >>

on 7/18/2005 2:57:00 PM

This is another one of those things that I really wanted to like, but with which I was ultimately disappointed. My skin dries out very easily, so I have to be careful when choosing cleansers. While this one didn't strip my skin, it still dried it out a little bit. The thing that bothered me most about this was the smell -- it smells musty and old to me, literally like an old coat or something that has been stored away for a hundred years in a closet. I'm definitely a scent girl (good products should smell nice!), so this one really didn't do it for me.

on 7/17/2005 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got a sample of this from Nordstoms and I am really impressed how well it took off my makeup and sunscreen! I also liked the scent, which surprisingly didnt irritate my skin. My skin was left soft and clean and completely makeup free. I think I might wait until after fall/winter to buy becuase I did need to use a little bit more moisturizer after. I might get another sample and see how it works on my skin in winter.

on 7/16/2005 5:19:00 PM

My skin was thought to be sensitive, but after using this it became "normal." I like the smell and the way it feels after cleansing my face. If you have slightly oily skin like I do, you may wish to skip the moisturizer at night. Just apply treatment/serum like philosophy when hope is not enough.

on 7/15/2005 2:02:00 AM

This is quite possibly the only cleanser i have repurchase whilst rotating my like...8 different cleansers. it doesnt strip my skin, the essential oils give the cleanser a lovely slip so it feels like im washing the oils/dirt/makeup off my face. i like how it washes off soft and clean. i like the smaller bottles better, and think i might puchase a big bottle to fill it with. HG for now!

on 7/14/2005 6:37:00 PM

I completely agree with the *selling points* that
describe this product.
I have tried many cleansers and haven't found one I love, until now.
You want a cleanser that will multitask for you (eye makeup remover, cleanser, toner) This does!
I was so tired of washing my face twice with all types of
cleansers, high end, low end, disposable cloths, w/washcloths, w/out
washcloths.
This stuff takes off ALL of my makeup the first time,
smells great, rinses off easily and completely and doesn't
dry out my skin.
My rosacea has even cleared up.

on 7/10/2005 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am not sure i have been rating this poduct yet or not . i use half of the bottle already so far nothing bad or getting worst. My face feel fresh and clean after using it not so dry as well. then i change from my freak expensive La mer to this one for the facial wash product. and waitting for the BIG version at nordstrom 40 $ now will buy again for sure

This is my everyday cleanser, it does a great job of removing makeup and getting my skin clean but not stripped. Also, I'm able to use it every day without any irritation (half the battle with sensitive skin). I've already repurchased several times and will probably continue to.

I seem to come back to Philosophy no matter what else I stray to. Purity Made Simple is still the best cleanser. Takes everything off. And the only thing that removes my sunscreen.
I start out with about two teaspoons of cleanser, massage it over dry skin and with my fingers add a bit of water to it. I massage that for another minute and rinse.
If I start out with a wet face, it just won't remove all my eye makeup.