Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 8/19/2005 7:14:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for about 3 weeks now. Before this product my skin was combo/sensitive with flaky dry cheeks and oily nose. My skin has now become "normal", the conversion happening in mere days with being faithful to using only this cleanser. I don't mind the 'woody/aromatic' smell and I **love** the way my face feels after cleansing. I have only used a very small amount since it takes off all my makeup instantly and completely so it is much cheaper than my former soapless clenser. Hooray! My HG has (probably) been found! I'll see how it goes into the winter, but I suspect it will continue to be superb.[Winter update]: Definitely HG. My facialist is amazed how much my skin has improved. My pores are no longer visible. Hope they never change the formula....

I love this cleanser. I have been buying the bottle from Nordstroms annual sale for the past 3 years. It really cleans your skin!! Everything wonderful that has been said below I agree with. If you're scared to take the plunge and get this product, ask for samples at the counter.

on 8/16/2005 12:45:00 AM

I have been using this cleanser exclusively for a couple of years. I have normal/combination skin & I'd been searching for the perfect cleanser for a while. Prior to finding this one, I would bounce back between a creamy/milky cleanser (too oily) and a foaming cleanser (too drying) I find this one to be somewhere right in the middle (just right!). The consistency is kind of between a milky & foaming cleanser- it doesn't really foam, but does leave your face feeling clean. I find it adequate to remove makeup (though I don't normally wear much- just some liner, mascara, blush & occasionally powder). It has kind of an herb-y smell that I really like, but I could see bothersome to some people. My skin always stays really clear while using this. Its on the pricy side, but the bottles last a long time (a little goes a long way) I kind of wish it came in a pump, though. I'm not crazy about the flip-top lid.

on 8/12/2005 1:11:00 AM

LOVE IT! This cleanser takes it all off and does not leave my skin dry. My skin feels hydrated and smooth when I get done using it. I follow it up with my Pro Activ kit one night and the Philosophy microdelivery peel pads the next night and my skin is doing very well. I have bought the 16 oz container and fill up the smaller bottle (2 oz I think). It is kinda pricey, but it only takes a little bit so it should last you a long time.

on 8/9/2005 1:02:00 PM

Great cleanser although pricey...no tightness or dryness, removes all eye makeup and cleans face in one shot. Definitley my HG cleanser b/c i think i have tried them all!

on 8/7/2005 2:08:00 AM

I've tried and tried to like this cleanser, but I think it's just AVERAGE at best. I love philosophy products by and large, but Purity is no better than the average drugstore cleanser and it's a lot more expensive. I'm not impressed.

on 8/2/2005 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is gentle and thorough. It removes ALL makeup, including mascara. My husband always comments that my skin smells clean after I use this. Using eye makeup remover is no longer necessary (one less step in my routine!) because Purity Made Simple removes everything. I will repurchase this one for a long time to come.

on 8/1/2005 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Awesome cleanser for combination skin. Cleans thoroughly without drying. Smells lovely!

on 7/31/2005 3:50:00 PM

This is a great cleanser that gently and effectively cleans my skin. I really love the fresh scent and the way my skin feels after I have washed my face. I will definitely keep using this product for a very long time.

on 7/27/2005 2:53:00 PM

I got this as an extra from a swap that I did a while back. I'm currently travelling now throughout Scandinavia for 3 weeks and thought I'd give it a try. Please note that the waters here in Norway is different than to the waters in London; London has the hardest waters in the world imho and that's why I use 3 different cleansers at night.

Purity Made Simple is a great non soap cleanser! It effectively takes makeup off without a hitch and also without drying out my skin in the process. I'd buy it again but I've just stocked up on Shu Uemura cleansing oils to take back with me to Australia. So maybe after I finish those, I'll start using this cleanser again.