Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 8/27/2005 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. Just squirt a little onto fingers in the shower, rub a bit, and rinse. Face feels clean, no need for toner. Smells a little like lemons. One bottle will last a LONG time!

on 8/25/2005 10:16:00 PM

Effective cleanser that removes makeup and dirt without overdrying my combo skin.I've been using it exclusively for about 3 weeks now and I really like it. It's a bit of cross between a cream cleanser and a foaming one, in terms of cleansing the skin- doesn't foam much, but doesn't leave residue the way some cream cleansers can. It does have an herbal smell that some people may not like, but I really didn't mind it much, it reminded me of creams or lotions used at a spa. So far, it's been the best cleanser I've used. I'll update if their are any changes. UPDATE: Still like this as a cleanser but have moved on to Avon Retroactive gel cleanser for now. Will update.

on 8/22/2005 11:58:00 AM

I'm a week into using this product but so far I like everything about it. I like the clean scent and I like the texture. A little does go along way so this bottle will last a good long time. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft and is efficient at removing makeup. After rinsing my skin feels fresh and clean and there is no feeling of tightness at all which is what I am looking for in a cleanser. This cleanser has reached HG status. I'll update later if there are any adverse changes.

on 8/20/2005 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using theis cleanser for years and it helped my skin right away. It removes make-up like no other cleanser I have ever used.

on 8/20/2005 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh what high hopes I had for this. Yes, it took off the makeup. Yes, it tasted like hell if you accidently opened your mouth to breathe while cleansing. Yes, it does kind of stink. The main thing is that I broke out worse than I ever have after using this religiously for a couple of weeks. I'm talking little miss one pimple a year turns into a giant red blob in the facial area. It is horrific. I have dry skin with congested T-zone pores and it just messed it all up- very weird. I would suggest trying before you buy and being cautious- the plant-y ingredients are very irritating to many skin types.

on 8/19/2005 7:14:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for about 3 weeks now. Before this product my skin was combo/sensitive with flaky dry cheeks and oily nose. My skin has now become "normal", the conversion happening in mere days with being faithful to using only this cleanser. I don't mind the 'woody/aromatic' smell and I **love** the way my face feels after cleansing. I have only used a very small amount since it takes off all my makeup instantly and completely so it is much cheaper than my former soapless clenser. Hooray! My HG has (probably) been found! I'll see how it goes into the winter, but I suspect it will continue to be superb.[Winter update]: Definitely HG. My facialist is amazed how much my skin has improved. My pores are no longer visible. Hope they never change the formula....

I love this cleanser. I have been buying the bottle from Nordstroms annual sale for the past 3 years. It really cleans your skin!! Everything wonderful that has been said below I agree with. If you're scared to take the plunge and get this product, ask for samples at the counter.

on 8/16/2005 12:45:00 AM

I have been using this cleanser exclusively for a couple of years. I have normal/combination skin & I'd been searching for the perfect cleanser for a while. Prior to finding this one, I would bounce back between a creamy/milky cleanser (too oily) and a foaming cleanser (too drying) I find this one to be somewhere right in the middle (just right!). The consistency is kind of between a milky & foaming cleanser- it doesn't really foam, but does leave your face feeling clean. I find it adequate to remove makeup (though I don't normally wear much- just some liner, mascara, blush & occasionally powder). It has kind of an herb-y smell that I really like, but I could see bothersome to some people. My skin always stays really clear while using this. Its on the pricy side, but the bottles last a long time (a little goes a long way) I kind of wish it came in a pump, though. I'm not crazy about the flip-top lid.

on 8/12/2005 1:11:00 AM

LOVE IT! This cleanser takes it all off and does not leave my skin dry. My skin feels hydrated and smooth when I get done using it. I follow it up with my Pro Activ kit one night and the Philosophy microdelivery peel pads the next night and my skin is doing very well. I have bought the 16 oz container and fill up the smaller bottle (2 oz I think). It is kinda pricey, but it only takes a little bit so it should last you a long time.

on 8/9/2005 1:02:00 PM

Great cleanser although pricey...no tightness or dryness, removes all eye makeup and cleans face in one shot. Definitley my HG cleanser b/c i think i have tried them all!