Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 9/7/2005 12:18:00 AM

I don't understand all the raves I've read about this cleanser as it seems very standard to me, and doesn't smell particularly good either. Try Cetaphil for dry skin instead. At least it's an inexpensive, standard cleanser. Purity Made Simple does the job, but I didn't find it to be unique or exciting enough to justify the high price point. When I want to spend that kind of $ I'll stick to Murad's calming line.

on 9/5/2005 11:30:00 PM

I have cooperative skin and most products work well for me; that said, ambivalent about this. It's a gentle cleanser that rinses clean--no residue like Cetaphil. It's not as effective for removing makeup as it claims: even after doing the massage onto dry face, lather with water, then rinse thing, I still can see my foundation on my white towel, and that's a turn off. It does seem to remove eye makeup if used undiluted, but I still use eye makeup remover on days when I wear mascara, because this stuff burns if I get it in my eyes and I'd rather not risk smearing any remaining eye makeup on my towel anyway. I agree that they could have done without the added fragrance, but I find it pleasant: an herbal, geranium leaf type of scent.

on 9/5/2005 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. I didn't care for the scent at first, but it really grew on me and now I love it. It cleanses my skin thoroughly but is very gentle and my skin does not feel tight after I use it. The price may seem high but you get a lot for the money and it lasts forever.

on 8/31/2005 2:58:00 AM

Worth its weight in gold. Perfect for my combination skin and oily T-zone that always feels "tight" after washing with other cleansers.

This product made me completely abandon my old stand-by (the ProActiv cleanser). I just bought two of the huge (32oz) bottles of Purity when QVC had them on sale, so I'll never have to worry about running out! continued >>

on 8/27/2005 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. Just squirt a little onto fingers in the shower, rub a bit, and rinse. Face feels clean, no need for toner. Smells a little like lemons. One bottle will last a LONG time!

on 8/25/2005 10:16:00 PM

Effective cleanser that removes makeup and dirt without overdrying my combo skin.I've been using it exclusively for about 3 weeks now and I really like it. It's a bit of cross between a cream cleanser and a foaming one, in terms of cleansing the skin- doesn't foam much, but doesn't leave residue the way some cream cleansers can. It does have an herbal smell that some people may not like, but I really didn't mind it much, it reminded me of creams or lotions used at a spa. So far, it's been the best cleanser I've used. I'll update if their are any changes. UPDATE: Still like this as a cleanser but have moved on to Avon Retroactive gel cleanser for now. Will update.

on 8/22/2005 11:58:00 AM

I'm a week into using this product but so far I like everything about it. I like the clean scent and I like the texture. A little does go along way so this bottle will last a good long time. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft and is efficient at removing makeup. After rinsing my skin feels fresh and clean and there is no feeling of tightness at all which is what I am looking for in a cleanser. This cleanser has reached HG status. I'll update later if there are any adverse changes.

on 8/20/2005 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using theis cleanser for years and it helped my skin right away. It removes make-up like no other cleanser I have ever used.

on 8/20/2005 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh what high hopes I had for this. Yes, it took off the makeup. Yes, it tasted like hell if you accidently opened your mouth to breathe while cleansing. Yes, it does kind of stink. The main thing is that I broke out worse than I ever have after using this religiously for a couple of weeks. I'm talking little miss one pimple a year turns into a giant red blob in the facial area. It is horrific. I have dry skin with congested T-zone pores and it just messed it all up- very weird. I would suggest trying before you buy and being cautious- the plant-y ingredients are very irritating to many skin types.

on 8/19/2005 7:14:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for about 3 weeks now. Before this product my skin was combo/sensitive with flaky dry cheeks and oily nose. My skin has now become "normal", the conversion happening in mere days with being faithful to using only this cleanser. I don't mind the 'woody/aromatic' smell and I **love** the way my face feels after cleansing. I have only used a very small amount since it takes off all my makeup instantly and completely so it is much cheaper than my former soapless clenser. Hooray! My HG has (probably) been found! I'll see how it goes into the winter, but I suspect it will continue to be superb.[Winter update]: Definitely HG. My facialist is amazed how much my skin has improved. My pores are no longer visible. Hope they never change the formula....