Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

I love this cleanser-it just gently cleans my face and leaves it feeling squeaky clean but soft. I follow it morning and night with Hope in a Jar(daytime) and Hope it not enough (nighttime) and my 54 year old skin is looking mighty fine!! My husband who has psoriasis is using this on his face too and it's really helped the redness and dryness-along with moisturizing. I would highly recommend this product!!

I really wanted to like this, my skin just didn't like it. After having 2 kids my skin has gone haywire and so I was looking for a gentle cleanser. This made my face feel very dry and my face burn. I haven't had that happen in a long while. Maybe it's my skin, it's very sensitive. Oh well, on to try another cleanser!

12/8/2005 - I am still using this up as the burning went away. Still leaves my face dry and am developing breakouts from it. I really wanted to like this, it's just not suited for my skin.

I have been using this product for 3 weeks now (as part of the "makeup optional" kit) and am pretty impressed. I agree with other reviewers that you do need to massage it into the skin for a little while and gradually add water, but I like the texture, it certainly removes makeup, and my skin feels very clean which I wasn't getting from my usual cream cleanser. I'm iffy on the smell, and it does make my eyes sting, but despite that the results are good and I will repurchase.

I originally wrote a negative review of this product, but I think that it was because I received a "bad" sample (made my skin itch & stunk like hell). Anyway, I really wanted to give this another try, so I bought the 3.5 oz size from Sephora & so far, so good; no irritation, breakouts or itching-and it smells pretty good too. I like the fact that Purity is an all-in-one product; makes my skincare routine so much easier, plus it makes my skin feel silky-smooth & not dried out. The biggest plus, I think, is that it does not aggrivate my rosacea, despite the fact that this product contains a 'laundry list' of oils, which is usually a no-no for those who suffer from rosacea. UPDATE-12/27/05: I tossed this cleanser in the garbage; started to break out (and I usually don't) & this product dried the crap out of my skin & made my rosacea worse; I think I will stick w/ my Luxiva Foaming Cleanser for dry skin by Merle Norman.

Okay for travel, but I wouldn't use this for longer than a few days because it breaks me out into whiteheads and results in clogged pores over the long run. I think the oils in this formulation are too emollient for my skin. The product does do a good job of removing makeup, however, and leaves the skin comfortable and supple, as opposed to taunt. Overall, just a very "blah" product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product removes makeup very well -- just be sure to massage for about 45 seconds or so. It has a pleasant smell and it soothed my blotchy skin. The problem is that after 4 weeks, my pores became more clogged than ever (I have oily skin). I blame either the botanical oils in the product or the fact that it dried my skin then forced it to produce more oil. I would highly recommend this for normal/dry skin but not oily skin.

I happen to like this cleanser. I think it smells good. I even wash my bras in it. Takes makeup off easily. 6/06 I keep going back to this so I updated it to 5 stars.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really loved this product when I first started using it. It seemed to remove my eye makeup very well, and left my very oily skin "satisfactory" clean, not really anything special. But after I had been using it a few weeks, my makeup seemed to get harder and harder to remove. I ended up having better luck getting off my mascara with just plain water. And the rest of my face? It was like I didn't wash it all all. This cleanser might be good for some, but I think I'll have to pass on repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to really love this product, but I don't use it anymore. It's got a nice lemon-lavender scent and removes makeup, but the packaging ALWAYS leaked when traveling and it took a lot to clean my face. I use Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash these days, and it's fantastic (see my review), so I won't repurchase the Purity cleanser again. I've just moved on...so I'm not changing my rating, as this cleanser is still nice. :)

I am in love with this cleanser. I will DEFINATELY buy it again. It makes my skin feel really smooth and it cleanses very well. My skin hasn't felt this clean in a long time. I love the fact that it takes off my makeup so easily. I'm IN LOVE with Philosophy products!