Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 9/21/2005 11:18:00 PM

I have normal to dry/ combination skin... I had been using a wipe off cleanser but I think my skin was getting more congested and playing up as it wasn't cleaning enough off my skin. I bought this in the jumpstarters kit. However after using up the smaller size pack and repurchasing the larger normal size jar I found it to be slightly too harsh on my skin. I think i will continue to use but just at night to help get everything clean and then use cetaphil in the shower in the morning to use it up. The only other annoying this is that it really doesn't seem to remove my mascara properly so I am not sure if I am using enough... Basically pretty darn good, but slightly too harsh for using all the time...

on 9/21/2005 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily acne prone skin and was having a hard time finding a good cleanser that didn't make my face feel tight after using and also that would make my skin feel hydrated. Well I had to look no more after using Philosophy's purtiy made simple. This literally melts the makeup off your skin without stripping it and makes your face feel so soft after. I've never had a breakout using this product and actually helps my acne if I do happen to get a blemish here or there. I keep the 32oz bottle on my bathroom counter and keep a 2oz one in my shower. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

on 9/21/2005 1:05:00 AM

Got a small bottle from Here Comes the Bride. I love how it removes makeup. Will definately get a larger bottle to refill the smaller one when I run out.

on 9/18/2005 5:15:00 PM

This helped calm my face down after a really bad breakout. Along with Mario Badescu, this has been the cleanser my skin reacts to best.

on 9/18/2005 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

One of my staples......I love this cleanser......I have combination skin and it really gets rid of all my makeup and does not leave my skin dry..........LOVE IT!!! I use this one at night and cetaphil for normal to oily in the morning.....the only reason I gave it 4 lippies is the smell....at the beginning it was ok but gets a bit annoying...I cannot describe it...kind of weird since Philosophy makes other things that smell great....but I still recommend it!!!

on 9/16/2005 10:31:00 PM

I have repurchased this over and over. It's a creamy cleanser that doesn't dry skin. It completely removes all my makeup, and I love this. I don't have to use a separate makeup remover. It rinses clean and it has a very nice herbal scent to it. It's almost aromatherapy! Skin is left very soft and never dry and tight.

on 9/13/2005 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am not sure if I like this product or not. It's a fairly good cleanser, not drying at all. I have combination skin and it works fine. But with makeup on this helped only a little as opposed to its claim on the bottle packaging. The scent is weird but not horrible. I will not pay that much again for a mediocre cleanser. If you are looking for a good basic cleanser then this will do.

on 9/11/2005 5:11:00 PM

soo after seeing the rave reviews on this product, i bought the travel size version...i don't have very bad skin, minor blemishes here and there, but i wanted to get rid of the red irritated cheeks i'd get after washing my face..i used cetaphil b4, but somewhere down the line that stopped, then i tried proactive..(too strong), caved into murads informercial (made my face its absolute worst)..so my last hope was this..after 1 wk in conjunction with hope in a jar (dry/sensitive skin) my face is finally reverting back to being clear minus the rosyness..thank goodness!! yes it's pricey but having clear skin is worth it..

on 9/7/2005 12:18:00 AM

I don't understand all the raves I've read about this cleanser as it seems very standard to me, and doesn't smell particularly good either. Try Cetaphil for dry skin instead. At least it's an inexpensive, standard cleanser. Purity Made Simple does the job, but I didn't find it to be unique or exciting enough to justify the high price point. When I want to spend that kind of $ I'll stick to Murad's calming line.

on 9/5/2005 11:30:00 PM

I have cooperative skin and most products work well for me; that said, ambivalent about this. It's a gentle cleanser that rinses clean--no residue like Cetaphil. It's not as effective for removing makeup as it claims: even after doing the massage onto dry face, lather with water, then rinse thing, I still can see my foundation on my white towel, and that's a turn off. It does seem to remove eye makeup if used undiluted, but I still use eye makeup remover on days when I wear mascara, because this stuff burns if I get it in my eyes and I'd rather not risk smearing any remaining eye makeup on my towel anyway. I agree that they could have done without the added fragrance, but I find it pleasant: an herbal, geranium leaf type of scent.