July 24, 2014 | 1077 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2004 7:07:00 PM More reviews by emaan

This is the ONLY foundation that works for me. It gives me a clear and flawless look, which i'm usually getting compliments for. It doesn't really do alot for eye bags, but i'm working on them anyway! You must make sure you remove it well at the end of the day, as it's a little thick and you don't want blocked pores and spots! The only down sider - the packaging. It's a funny little bottle which makes the application a tad messy. But the stuff inside makes up for it, i'm sticking to this one!

A year down the line.. and I am still hooked. It's my 3rd bottle I think.. I use it everyday! Although it's pricey, it's worth every penny. The best foundation on earth, and that's not a joke girls. Try it for yourself!

Another year down the line.. I am still on the same product.. I won't ever look back. I think they've made it more runny now though :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2004 1:16:00 AM More reviews by luciasue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation. I have been using this foundation for over 5 years now, and I keep coming back to it. It is not for everyone. I am a NC 30, and I wear "sand" in this foundation, which is one of the few yellow-based Estee Lauder foundation colors. I used this for many years while my acne was bad, and it did a wonderful job covering the acne and reddishness in my complexion. It gives my complexion a wonderful golden hue. I have gotten more compliments when wearing this foundation than with any other. It may be a little drying for people in the winter time. For anyone with oily or combination skin, it is great. Even in the wintertime, I use it as a concealer over my T-zone area. It is a full coverage foundation, but buildable and not at all mask-like.
****UPDATE This is still my HG foundation. For all you girls who have PALE CAUCASIAN SKIN with reddish undertones, try "SAND". It will reduce the reddishness in your complexion and look beautiful. I am a MAC NC 30. MAC breaks me out, but this does not. The MA's always have you try foundation on your hand, which is not a good way to color match something. Apply it to your nose, and you will notice how good the coverage is. It doesn't look mask-like, but has enough coverage to hide blemishes, acne, etc. I have been using this foundation for a long time and always come back to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2004 12:52:00 PM More reviews by lalki1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It made my skin brake out with alotcysts and zits like never in my life, also you'll have to wash your face afew times with harsh soap to get it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by teenbear

The good stuff - looks flawless, covers everything. The bad stuff - way, way too pricey and I still get shine midway through the day (unlike with Revlon Colourstay Natural). Also terrible packaging. So not a HG, but hopefully this will last a long time as I only use it for going out - not a daily foundation. Update July 2005 - have now got rid of this as I hardly use it and when I do it looks so cakey and obvious.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2004 11:23:00 PM More reviews by laceyvespa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my absolute favorite products of all time. The only drawback is the lack of shades. I mix two, so it isn't a big deal. The coverage is great (medium-full) and has a satin matte finish. It is very water resistant and lasts for hours. I cannot live without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2004 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Bagbabe53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG for my crazy skin. My skin "eats" foundation, EXCEPT for this wonderful HG coverage. I let my Daywear SPF 30 and eye crm soak in while brushing my teeth, and then I put a bit of this on where I need it. Makes a great base for eye shadow too on the lids too. Works so well on my post meno crazy skin at age 54; lasts so long, and is worth every penny! Shake it up though so it does not go on too thick and chalky. I have pale skin and ash blonde hair, and wear Linen, a yellow=based medium ivory shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by charbaby

I love it. Does everything I need it to..covers and stays put. Has never broken me out, and I have used it for several years although I am mid forties (darn late 40's I forget). People always tell me I have a great complexion, they never ask what foundation I wear though. I use bronze in the summer (I am tan and olive skinned), and in the winter I mix it with softan.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2004 5:16:00 PM More reviews by TrishaLynn

After reading rave reviews on iCompact and MUA, I decided to try this foundation earlier this year. The lightest color in the cool family is Fresco, and it was just too darn dark for me. I even brought it back to the counter to see if the MUA could do a better job at finding a match for me with no luck. So, I decided to continue with it. It smelled very odd to me for one thing...very chemically in a very bad way. The bottle has a traditional open top, which I found messy...a pump would be better, cause once you get this around the top and if some drips down the side of the bottle, forget it. Not even rubbing alchohol will get this stuff off the bottle. Then, I realized, like an earlier reviewer mentioned, that this stuff was giving me unbearable pimples on my cheeks. I was so upset, because despite the wrong color match, it did give my skin a nice finish. So, I went off it for a while and then tried it again with the same result. Never again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2004 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I search for foundations but I alwasy fall back on EL DW.
I have combination skin. I break out easily but my skin is very light in color. I have tried all of EL's products but this one is the best for me. If you have acne, blemishes or a ruddy red complexion. Doublewear will cover anything and it lasts all day. All day long with nothing to touch up. However, once you try Doublewear you may never try any other make up. I find I get more compliments when I wear my Doublewear. I happen to use the bone #1. And other times Linen #2 I am told that it is hard to find the right shade. Take a friend with you when you shop so you can have an honest opinion.

For me this foundation has great coverage with a flawless finish. I only use a foundation brush to apply it because it is heavy. With a brush you can have a feathering light approach to putting it on. A little goes a long way. I also use the So Ingenious powder to add a sheer soft touch to finish it all off.

I would not recommend this foundation if you have perfect toned skin or dry skin. My best friend would never use Doublewear. She has beautiful skin. If you have great skin, you might want lighter coverage. You would be the best candidate for EL's So Ingenious. Or even Revlon or Lo'real products. But for those of us with a little acne or reddish spots, or uneven skin tones we need more coverage.

Best of luck. This is one I really love.

I just want to add that I recently started to use the Linen color. And the Sand color. At first I told the sales girl this was going to be too dark but WOW it is the most perfect shade. I love the Sand. It matches better and blends well.

Update:
Still loving ELDW, my mac shade is nc20 if this helps. Currently using Linen but as summer is approaching plan to add sand again. Lasts all day. I do want to add that I am on Differin and my skin is dry from this RetinA product. This means I need more moisture under the ELDW. The lasting power is not as long when you have dry skin. You might need a moist spray or even a good hydrating primer prior to using the ELDW. I also use Lucidity loose powder. This is great as it conteracts the matte looks and creates more of a shimmer.
ELDW does not give a dewy finish. It gives a soft matte finish which is perfect for oily combo skin and those that want to hide acne.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If I wanted to, I could sleep in this stuff and wake up with my full face makeup still intact- and couldnt get this stuff off even if I chiseled at it!! Bah. Covered everything the way I wanted it to but after several rounds of cysts and huge zits in weird places that would never normally sprout the evil things (by my EYE?!?! Wtf is that about??) that *would not freakin heal and go away*, I said goodbye FOREVER to DoubleWear and all of its friends, Ideal Matte included. If you have fairly good skin and do not intend to wear foundation for more than 2 hours a day and have skin that can breathe under cement, then this is definitely for you.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No